PDA

View Full Version : Go to Sunrise P.d

05-03-2007, 04:27 AM
Sunrise Police officers will be voting on thier new contract in May. They're getting a 6/6/6 pay raise. Newly hired officers will be starting out at $46,500 and topped out officers will be making $78,000. The top out for Sargeants will now be $94,000. This is not including overtime, off-duty detail ($30.00 per hour / $32.00 per hour in 2008), and court overtime. Free medical insurance (PPO or HMO), 6 year DROP plan and a fixed 9% pension contribution rate for life is also in the new contract. Retirement rate is 70% at 20 yrs and 80% at 25 yrs. They are also the only department who includes unlimited overtime in thier top three years when you retire. When this new contract takes effect, Sunrise Police department will now be the highest paid department in the county (Broward), 2nd highest in the state. The city of Miami Gardens (Carol City) is the only department who pays thier officers a higher salary (Funded by Bonds), but who really wants to work there. Look at what happened to the other departments who based thier contract on bonds (Pines...Who are reportedly going bankrupt in five years) Plans for construction on the new Police department Building are also in the works.
They are currently hiring for certified and non-certified officers. I urge anyone who is interested in this career field to put in their applications to Sunrise. From talking to some of the Officers in Sunrise, they're getting a new chief in a few months because they just forced thier old chief to resign.

05-03-2007, 06:21 AM
Sunrise Police officers will be voting on thier new contract in May. They're getting a 6/6/6 pay raise. Newly hired officers will be starting out at $46,500 and topped out officers will be making $78,000. The top out for Sargeants will now be $94,000. This is not including overtime, off-duty detail ($30.00 per hour / $32.00 per hour in 2008), and court overtime. Free medical insurance (PPO or HMO), 6 year DROP plan and a fixed 9% pension contribution rate for life is also in the new contract. Retirement rate is 70% at 20 yrs and 80% at 25 yrs. They are also the only department who includes unlimited overtime in thier top three years when you retire. When this new contract takes effect, Sunrise Police department will now be the highest paid department in the county (Broward), 2nd highest in the state. The city of Miami Gardens (Carol City) is the only department who pays thier officers a higher salary (Funded by Bonds), but who really wants to work there. Look at what happened to the other departments who based thier contract on bonds (Pines...Who are reportedly going bankrupt in five years) Plans for construction on the new Police department Building are also in the works.
They are currently hiring for certified and non-certified officers. I urge anyone who is interested in this career field to put in their applications to Sunrise. From talking to some of the Officers in Sunrise, they're getting a new chief in a few months because they just forced thier old chief to resign.

Way too many problems in Sunrise right now. It would be better to wait until all the flames have been put out before applying here. :devil:

05-05-2007, 03:20 AM
I agree.

05-05-2007, 04:52 PM

PBSO gets 27.5 percent raise over 3 years, and their career Deputies make 87,000 dollars top out. Sergeants are making 96,000 top out and Lieutenants 109,000 top out.

The city of sunrise contributes 15% to their pension. So when you take away 15% from 46,500 you end up with 39,525. After you subtract 15% from 78,000 you are down to 66,300. WOW!!! That's big time right there. Typical city PD makes things like Pines look great on paper and then when you find out how much you lose because of a pension and health care for a family you start wondering if it's worth it. I came from a city PD and why my health care was free, it was 300 dollar a paycheck for my wife and me. Plus contributing 9 percent to my pension. No thank you. I will take my non-contributory pension and save the 15 % by putting it in deferred comp or a separate 401K and when I retire at 30 years with 90% and having all that money into a separate fund I will be blowing away any city. Not to mention overtime and details go toward my pension, the majority of cities don't. They don't have the same take home car program, and overall the state pension is better with he option of the investment plan and more stable. I can leave and go else where in the state and keep my pension.

Not to mention with the tax cuts coming, Sunrise will be regretting this contract as Coral Springs refused to negotiate until the outcome of the tax relief. Typical Sunrise jumped as fast as they can and they will continue to have problems. From what we've been told many city will not be able to afford their city pd and fire departments with many cities losing nearly 40 to 50 million from their budget.

You can keep that useless corrupt city Department. Not say BSO is any better, but I'd go north before going to Sunrise another sinking ship.

05-05-2007, 05:05 PM

PBSO gets 27.5 percent raise over 3 years, and their career Deputies make 87,000 dollars top out. Sergeants are making 96,000 top out and Lieutenants 109,000 top out.

The city of sunrise contributes 15% to their pension. So when you take away 15% from 46,500 you end up with 39,525. After you subtract 15% from 78,000 you are down to 66,300. WOW!!! That's big time right there. Typical city PD makes things like Pines look great on paper and then when you find out how much you lose because of a pension and health care for a family you start wondering if it's worth it. I came from a city PD and why my health care was free, it was 300 dollar a paycheck for my wife and me. Plus contributing 9 percent to my pension. No thank you. I will take my non-contributory pension and save the 15 % by putting it in deferred comp or a separate 401K and when I retire at 30 years with 90% and having all that money into a separate fund I will be blowing away any city. Not to mention overtime and details go toward my pension, the majority of cities don't. They don't have the same take home car program, and overall the state pension is better with he option of the investment plan and more stable. I can leave and go else where in the state and keep my pension.

Not to mention with the tax cuts coming, Sunrise will be regretting this contract as Coral Springs refused to negotiate until the outcome of the tax relief. Typical Sunrise jumped as fast as they can and they will continue to have problems. From what we've been told many city will not be able to afford their city pd and fire departments with many cities losing nearly 40 to 50 million from their budget.

You can keep that useless corrupt city Department. Not say BSO is any better, but I'd go north before going to Sunrise another sinking ship.

Not to mention at least Miami Gardens has FRS. No 15% contributions there.

05-05-2007, 06:05 PM

Let me correct my math. After reading the sunrise board, it appears the pension contribution is 9.84%. Supposedly the starting pay is 49,541 so after contributions you receive 44,666. Top out pay is 77,154 and after a nice contribution you receive 69582. Considering PBSO's top pay is 72,000 and they start out at 44,000 and change, I think I go there. I still get to keep my pension, and get a tri county take home car. Wow you can retire at 80% at 25 years or 75 percent at 25 years with no contribution. Think folks, this is all a smoke screen. Like I said, they can keep it, and no thank you.

http://forums.leoaffairs.com/viewtopic.php?t=20691

05-06-2007, 12:19 AM

Let me correct my math. After reading the sunrise board, it appears the pension contribution is 9.84%. Supposedly the starting pay is 49,541 so after contributions you receive 44,666. Top out pay is 77,154 and after a nice contribution you receive 69582. Considering PBSO's top pay is 72,000 and they start out at 44,000 and change, I think I go there. I still get to keep my pension, and get a tri county take home car. Wow you can retire at 80% at 25 years or 75 percent at 25 years with no contribution. Think folks, this is all a smoke screen. Like I said, they can keep it, and no thank you.

Who honestly wants to drive an hour north just to go to a 15 minute court appearance? Who wants to drive an hour north to go work a detail? Who wouldn't mind working 20 years and out instead of 25-30yrs? Who wants to do their own case filing on every arrest they make?

Every department has their ups and downs. Sunrise isn't going to be hurting for jumping before the property tax issue. This was owed for a long time, just took awhile to catch up. Sunrise is one of THE richest cities in the state, money is an abundance in this city.

And before I leave, how can you say that Sunrise is so corrupt when its BSO who is constantly in the news for the obvious. Let's get real here!

05-06-2007, 01:36 AM

Who honestly wants to drive an hour north just to go to a 15 minute court appearance? Who wants to drive an hour north to go work a detail? Who wouldn't mind working 20 years and out instead of 25-30yrs? Who wants to do their own case filing on every arrest they make?

Every department has their ups and downs. Sunrise isn't going to be hurting for jumping before the property tax issue. This was owed for a long time, just took awhile to catch up. Sunrise is one of THE richest cities in the state, money is an abundance in this city.

And before I leave, how can you say that Sunrise is so corrupt when its BSO who is constantly in the news for the obvious. Let's get real here!

That's right you know everything. As for driving up north I live in Palm Beach. PBSO is in the process 55 million dollar technology upgrade which will put them above most in the state. Sunrise has more problems then they know what to do with. Everything I motioned above is plenty of reason for me to stay here. Who wouldn't want to work 20 years? Me, I've been here for 18 years, another 12 won't hurt. I'm going to retire at 90 % of my salary including overtime which is very hefty. Not only that I can save the roughly 100,000+ dollars you are going to waste toward your person and put it into another fund for more money. Contribute all that just so you don't have to work 5 more years. You don't think logically. Not to mention, you are one of those people who thinks the grass is greener on the other side because you read it on paper. You think their pension is so stable? Don't be too sure. At least with FRS I can roll my money over to a investment option. Well you can continue to department shop and may one day you'll realize not to believe everything you see, and hear. The grass is never greener than working for a bigger agency.

05-06-2007, 01:10 PM
You are speaking for yourself, I am speaking for the majority (which are generally younger guys).

Not everyone has the luxury of living in WPB like you, which is where my points were coming from.

I dont think grass is always greener on the other side. I know the grass is fine where I am at and wouldn't dissuade someone to go somewhere that they feel confident in going to.

I do not know everything, if I did, I wouldn't have time to write on this forum because I'd be too busy rolling around in my bed in $100 bills!

You are taking me completely the wrong way.

05-06-2007, 02:57 PM
[quote="Got my application in":zgoewvbe]Sunrise Police officers will be voting on thier new contract in May. They're getting a 6/6/6 pay raise. Newly hired officers will be starting out at $46,500 and topped out officers will be making $78,000. The top out for Sargeants will now be $94,000. This is not including overtime, off-duty detail ($30.00 per hour / $32.00 per hour in 2008), and court overtime. Free medical insurance (PPO or HMO), 6 year DROP plan and a fixed 9% pension contribution rate for life is also in the new contract. Retirement rate is 70% at 20 yrs and 80% at 25 yrs. They are also the only department who includes unlimited overtime in thier top three years when you retire. When this new contract takes effect, Sunrise Police department will now be the highest paid department in the county (Broward), 2nd highest in the state. The city of Miami Gardens (Carol City) is the only department who pays thier officers a higher salary (Funded by Bonds), but who really wants to work there. Look at what happened to the other departments who based thier contract on bonds (Pines...Who are reportedly going bankrupt in five years) Plans for construction on the new Police department Building are also in the works.

Way too many problems in Sunrise right now. It would be better to wait until all the flames have been put out before applying here. :devil:[/quote:zgoewvbe]

Just see how all is crumbling down in Sunrise now, the chief is out, and the great guy for all the cop, Wishner is now a turncoat, yeah, you have it great in Sunrise for sure. Wait till the heat is really turned up over there! :devil:

05-06-2007, 03:15 PM
[quote="Nice Try":2bpvzdtx][quote="Got my application in":2bpvzdtx]Sunrise Police officers will be voting on thier new contract in May. They're getting a 6/6/6 pay raise. Newly hired officers will be starting out at $46,500 and topped out officers will be making $78,000. The top out for Sargeants will now be $94,000. This is not including overtime, off-duty detail ($30.00 per hour / $32.00 per hour in 2008), and court overtime. Free medical insurance (PPO or HMO), 6 year DROP plan and a fixed 9% pension contribution rate for life is also in the new contract. Retirement rate is 70% at 20 yrs and 80% at 25 yrs. They are also the only department who includes unlimited overtime in thier top three years when you retire. When this new contract takes effect, Sunrise Police department will now be the highest paid department in the county (Broward), 2nd highest in the state. The city of Miami Gardens (Carol City) is the only department who pays thier officers a higher salary (Funded by Bonds), but who really wants to work there. Look at what happened to the other departments who based thier contract on bonds (Pines...Who are reportedly going bankrupt in five years) Plans for construction on the new Police department Building are also in the works.

Way too many problems in Sunrise right now. It would be better to wait until all the flames have been put out before applying here. :devil:[/quote:2bpvzdtx]

Just see how all is crumbling down in Sunrise now, the chief is out, and the great guy for all the cop, Wishner is now a turncoat, yeah, you have it great in Sunrise for sure. Wait till the heat is really turned up over there! :devil:[/quote:2bpvzdtx]

There is this old saying, "The devil is in the details", all of you thinking about Sunrise for work do your homework, talk to officers, ask them about all the nasty in fighting and dirty politics there. Believe me, it's just not woryhthe hassle to be working in a city that has mega problems. Just keep away from the flames!!! :devil:

05-06-2007, 06:33 PM
[quote="Stay away, stay away":x327ysp4][quote="Nice Try":x327ysp4][quote="Got my application in":x327ysp4]Sunrise Police officers will be voting on thier new contract in May. They're getting a 6/6/6 pay raise. Newly hired officers will be starting out at $46,500 and topped out officers will be making $78,000. The top out for Sargeants will now be $94,000. This is not including overtime, off-duty detail ($30.00 per hour / $32.00 per hour in 2008), and court overtime. Free medical insurance (PPO or HMO), 6 year DROP plan and a fixed 9% pension contribution rate for life is also in the new contract. Retirement rate is 70% at 20 yrs and 80% at 25 yrs. They are also the only department who includes unlimited overtime in thier top three years when you retire. When this new contract takes effect, Sunrise Police department will now be the highest paid department in the county (Broward), 2nd highest in the state. The city of Miami Gardens (Carol City) is the only department who pays thier officers a higher salary (Funded by Bonds), but who really wants to work there. Look at what happened to the other departments who based thier contract on bonds (Pines...Who are reportedly going bankrupt in five years) Plans for construction on the new Police department Building are also in the works.

Way too many problems in Sunrise right now. It would be better to wait until all the flames have been put out before applying here. :devil:[/quote:x327ysp4]

Just see how all is crumbling down in Sunrise now, the chief is out, and the great guy for all the cop, Wishner is now a turncoat, yeah, you have it great in Sunrise for sure. Wait till the heat is really turned up over there! :devil:[/quote:x327ysp4]

There is this old saying, "The devil is in the details", all of you thinking about Sunrise for work do your homework, talk to officers, ask them about all the nasty in fighting and dirty politics there. Believe me, it's just not woryhthe hassle to be working in a city that has mega problems. Just keep away from the flames!!! :devil:[/quote:x327ysp4]

Listen all, stay away from Sunrise because some major things are going to be happening here, and not for the better. The city is going to be screwing the cops over on the contract and so many admin. brass are doing the slip n slide, out the door, the handwriting is on the wall here. It's all over but the crying and with this drought even tears are going to be rationed here in the city of Sunrise where we will be changing the name to Sundown, be sure to see all the lil devils here do the jig, just like the city politicians! This place blows big time!!! :devil: :devil:

05-06-2007, 06:55 PM
[quote="OLD SAYING":38lz25va][quote="Stay away, stay away":38lz25va][quote="Nice Try":38lz25va][quote="Got my application in":38lz25va]Sunrise Police officers will be voting on thier new contract in May. They're getting a 6/6/6 pay raise. Newly hired officers will be starting out at $46,500 and topped out officers will be making $78,000. The top out for Sargeants will now be $94,000. This is not including overtime, off-duty detail ($30.00 per hour / $32.00 per hour in 2008), and court overtime. Free medical insurance (PPO or HMO), 6 year DROP plan and a fixed 9% pension contribution rate for life is also in the new contract. Retirement rate is 70% at 20 yrs and 80% at 25 yrs. They are also the only department who includes unlimited overtime in thier top three years when you retire. When this new contract takes effect, Sunrise Police department will now be the highest paid department in the county (Broward), 2nd highest in the state. The city of Miami Gardens (Carol City) is the only department who pays thier officers a higher salary (Funded by Bonds), but who really wants to work there. Look at what happened to the other departments who based thier contract on bonds (Pines...Who are reportedly going bankrupt in five years) Plans for construction on the new Police department Building are also in the works.

Way too many problems in Sunrise right now. It would be better to wait until all the flames have been put out before applying here. :devil:[/quote:38lz25va]

Just see how all is crumbling down in Sunrise now, the chief is out, and the great guy for all the cop, Wishner is now a turncoat, yeah, you have it great in Sunrise for sure. Wait till the heat is really turned up over there! :devil:[/quote:38lz25va]

There is this old saying, "The devil is in the details", all of you thinking about Sunrise for work do your homework, talk to officers, ask them about all the nasty in fighting and dirty politics there. Believe me, it's just not woryhthe hassle to be working in a city that has mega problems. Just keep away from the flames!!! :devil:[/quote:38lz25va]

Listen all, stay away from Sunrise because some major things are going to be happening here, and not for the better. The city is going to be screwing the cops over on the contract and so many admin. brass are doing the slip n slide, out the door, the handwriting is on the wall here. It's all over but the crying and with this drought even tears are going to be rationed here in the city of Sunrise where we will be changing the name to Sundown, be sure to see all the lil devils here do the jig, just like the city politicians! This place blows big time!!! :devil: :devil:[/quote:38lz25va]

Why does this city have so many problems, or is it all cities. Hey, how did Sunrise thread get on BSO page anyway. I like to hear just what is going on so it will help me to decide where I can apply so do me a favor, please let me know where would be a good place to start my police career.

P.S. I like the little devil guy too. :devil:

05-06-2007, 10:06 PM
I dont know the exact details of the problems in Sunrise nor do I know the exact problems with BSO but the bottom line is every department has problems.

Best thing to do is apply everywhere and get as much info as you can and then decide what is best for YOU and YOUR family.

05-07-2007, 02:19 AM
"... when I retire at 30 years with 90%"

The problem with the state pension is the 30 years... that's a long time.

05-07-2007, 07:25 AM
Please look at our site in this message board for additional info. To answere your question, where our City is going to get the money to pay for this contract, let me shed some light. People forget that yes, we (the city of Sunrise) don't have estate housing like Springs, Plantation, Pines and you guys but, we do sell water and natural gas to Davie, Tamarac and Weston to include others. This brings millions to our city. We also have Sawgrass Mills mall and arena which also brings in more revenue to our city. And yes, we are hiring......

Everyone is talking about how Sunrise has too many problems. Can you be more specific? I can't remember the last time a Sunrise Police Officer was in the news which shed a bad light on the department . The biggest problems we've had in the department, involved our contract, which we've finally rectified thanks to our union reps and the city commission. The officers who've left Sunrise to go to other departments cant say that we we're a corupt department who doesn't care about thier officers, they left for contractual reasons The Sunrise P.D administration doesn't entertain frivelous complaints nor do they impose rediculous accountability policies on our officers. The majority of the officers who work in Sunrise, love it here. We have great supervisors and we are not micro-managed. Yes we were paying 14% towards our pension, but if you read the new contract carfeully, we're gonna be paying 9.8 (fixed for life) plus the free medical. We have more off-duty details than we can handle and we have an unlimited overtime cap which counts as part of the top three years towards our pension when we retire. We work a 4/3 schedule and I'm sorry guys, you all know that when your over a certain age 45+, the difference between retiring after 20 years or 25 years is big, especially if you're out of shape and working road patrol. If you wanna go to PBSO and do all of your case filings (Which sux if you're a proactive officer) then fine, they are a great department no doubt. (By the way, we've just hired a PBSO deputy a few months ago and are currently processing two more. ) I'm not knocking BSO, you guys get all the toys and have great specialized units. But think about this, does your administration care about you guys? Are you just a number to them? Are you one complaint/PCR away from getting fired? Are the majority of your deputies happy about whats going on in the department? I can't think of any Sunrise Officer who is leaving our department now to go to PBSO or BSO. We're happy where we are and any one of you guys are welcome to join us.

05-07-2007, 12:20 PM
Listen all, stay away from Sunrise because some major things are going to be happening here, and not for the better. The city is going to be screwing the cops over on the contract and so many admin. brass are doing the slip n slide, out the door, the handwriting is on the wall here. It's all over but the crying and with this drought even tears are going to be rationed here in the city of Sunrise where we will be changing the name to Sundown, be sure to see all the lil devils here do the jig, just like the city politicians! This place blows big time!!! :devil: :devil:

Not for the better? Like you know what's going on in Sunrise. God forbid a city try to work towards the better. I'm not bashing BSO, nor would I bash any department for that matter. EVERY DEPARTMENT WILL HAVE ITS PROBLEMS, PERIOD.

In the xx years I have worked for SPD, I have seen a HUGE change in management always for the better. Brass doing the slip-n-slide? How so? Please elaborate, this I would LOVE to hear. If it blows that bad, take your happy @$$ out of here and make room for the people who want to be here.

05-07-2007, 04:07 PM
Please look at our site in this message board for additional info. To answere your question, where our City is going to get the money to pay for this contract, let me shed some light. People forget that yes, we (the city of Sunrise) don't have estate housing like Springs, Plantation, Pines and you guys but, we do sell water and natural gas to Davie, Tamarac and Weston to include others. This brings millions to our city. We also have Sawgrass Mills mall and arena which also brings in more revenue to our city. And yes, we are hiring......

Everyone is talking about how Sunrise has too many problems. Can you be more specific? I can't remember the last time a Sunrise Police Officer was in the news which shed a bad light on the department . The biggest problems we've had in the department, involved our contract, which we've finally rectified thanks to our union reps and the city commission. The officers who've left Sunrise to go to other departments cant say that we we're a corupt department who doesn't care about thier officers, they left for contractual reasons The Sunrise P.D administration doesn't entertain frivelous complaints nor do they impose rediculous accountability policies on our officers. The majority of the officers who work in Sunrise, love it here. We have great supervisors and we are not micro-managed. Yes we were paying 14% towards our pension, but if you read the new contract carfeully, we're gonna be paying 9.8 (fixed for life) plus the free medical. We have more off-duty details than we can handle and we have an unlimited overtime cap which counts as part of the top three years towards our pension when we retire. We work a 4/3 schedule and I'm sorry guys, you all know that when your over a certain age 45+, the difference between retiring after 20 years or 25 years is big, especially if you're out of shape and working road patrol. If you wanna go to PBSO and do all of your case filings (Which sux if you're a proactive officer) then fine, they are a great department no doubt. (By the way, we've just hired a PBSO deputy a few months ago and are currently processing two more. ) I'm not knocking BSO, you guys get all the toys and have great specialized units. But think about this, does your administration care about you guys? Are you just a number to them? Are you one complaint/PCR away from getting fired? Are the majority of your deputies happy about whats going on in the department? I can't think of any Sunrise Officer who is leaving our department now to go to PBSO or BSO. We're happy where we are and any one of you guys are welcome to join us.

Yea it's too bad they won't hire anyone. My paperwork was sent to the chief during his whole resignation address to the public and days later I find out I was turned down at the job offer. I could have gotten on with BSO by then. It's my fault I didn't apply to them at the same time but atleast they have a decent hiring process. There are people that really want to work for SPD and they don't understand that. They spend too much time doing their hiring process. The city commission is at each other's throats, the chief is resigning, right now I'd say is not a great time to work for SPD, maybe in a few months but let the dust settle for awhile.

05-07-2007, 07:07 PM
Yea it's too bad they won't hire anyone. My paperwork was sent to the chief during his whole resignation address to the public and days later I find out I was turned down at the job offer. I could have gotten on with BSO by then. It's my fault I didn't apply to them at the same time but atleast they have a decent hiring process. There are people that really want to work for SPD and they don't understand that. They spend too much time doing their hiring process. The city commission is at each other's throats, the chief is resigning, right now I'd say is not a great time to work for SPD, maybe in a few months but let the dust settle for awhile.

They are hiring people, we have had a ton of people hired in the past year and still have people in the academy. Anyone in law enforcement will tell you to apply everywhere and jump at the first place that takes you, that was your downfall. I'm sure there are a ton of people that would like to be cops at different agencies, that doesn't make them qualified to do such. City commission is not at each others throats, they actually unanimously agreed to our contract and the chief was FORCED the resign. It wasn't like he said "this place sucks, Im out of here." They wanted change, and they are getting it. Wether its a good move or a bad move, time will tell. Until then, I'll keep collecting my $2K+ paychecks for half the work BSO is doing...

05-07-2007, 07:35 PM

well, lets start off with: who went to coral springs ?
who went to pines ?
who went to bso ( gretchens hubby )
who quit ?? dave the school teacher, mr kellog, anyone else.......

yes , sunrise has problems.....take off yr rose colored glass's
or smell the coffee

05-07-2007, 10:46 PM
Whats wrong with working a 5/2 with no chance of weekends off until your 12th year? Whats wrong with working in a dump of a city with no chance of a transfer? Whats wrong with not being able to be placed in a specialized unit because your short on manpower? Whats wrong with not being able to become promoted because you don't know the right person? Whats wrong with being micro-manged so much that it makes you not want to work because your afraid to get written up? Whats wrong with being a number and knowing your expendable at any point of your career? Whats wrong with working 30 years when local officers only work 20 to retire?
Lets get real, no matter where you work in South Florida, you can make good money in any city being a cop. Thats why most local departments offer higher salaries to compensate for thier pension contributions. Its the issues you dont see in the contracts which make the job worth it. Bottom line, BSO does not care about thier deputies because they dont have to, theres always someone lined up waiting to replace the one who leaves or gets fired.

05-08-2007, 11:16 PM

First of all the pension is 25 years. To the sunrise cop defending his agency, I've heard too many people bash the cops there from the citizens to other back stabbing cops. PBSO is still making more money, and though you claim you hired two PBSO has hired several sunrise cops. Not to mention, PBSO hires more city cops who leave the prison life of a city then Deputies leave to work for a city. I'll keep my county jurisdiction and you live like a prisoner in the useless city of Sunrise.

05-09-2007, 03:07 AM

First of all the pension is 25 years. To the sunrise cop defending his agency, I've heard too many people bash the cops there from the citizens to other back stabbing cops. PBSO is still making more money, and though you claim you hired two PBSO has hired several sunrise cops. Not to mention, PBSO hires more city cops who leave the prison life of a city then Deputies leave to work for a city. I'll keep my county jurisdiction and you live like a prisoner in the useless city of Sunrise.

PBSO might be wonderful and terrific but they are not hiring

04-30-2008, 01:45 AM
I love the Sunrise Police Department.