PDA

View Full Version : TAKE HOME CARS - WHO HAS THEM?

05-02-2007, 01:42 PM
Maybe management can justify it somehow, but I hope the news or someone will take a serious look at who has take-home cars in this agency.

Obviously, PSA's have them, even though that is a total WASTE.

Johnny Young? Who authorized that take-home? And why? I asked the other day and was told "Because he did more work on BB's campaign than anyone else."

Major Stinger? Hear he brings his car home to Manatee County? Should he even have a car with his past?

Frank Carroll? Who is this guy other than another perosn who worked on BB's campaign? No one knows what the heck his job is?

How about some of the folks at Fleet who take cars home? One in particular is related to Major TC always takes a car home?

Who else has em? Lets create a nice posting here!

05-02-2007, 02:03 PM
Lets see, leave the people such as PSAs alone you freaking pot stir->

Would like to go home on time and such forth. Be glad we have the PSAs. Check out the other other post. At least 5 to 10 agencies in our area have them city,county and state and they all get take homes. Thats a mute point and you need to learn to appreciate the people you work with instead of cry all the time.

Its no doubt you are right but lets leave the people who work the street a lone ie crime scene,PSA,Animal Services and Civil.

As far as Fleet those guys work hard down their maybe your right right but give them a christmas bonus or something. You and know they work s their butts off keeping our cars going.

05-02-2007, 08:25 PM
Question,

How does taking away a take home car from a PSA save money. They can not drive them off duty. They sit at their home or at fleet. It doesnt matter where. When they log on they are working. Thats a dumb argument your only hurting the PSAs and the rest of us.

05-02-2007, 09:19 PM
First, whoever inquiring minds is-you are a complete (blank!)

We do have a lot of people, mainly civilian employees, that have take home cars. I agree PSA's, Animal Services, and Civil should be allowed to keep the take home car perk. However, the others-no real need. I know of a couple who have them because of the "on call" status, but when a problem surfaced and they were paged--hello--had to wait till the next BUSINESS day. I don't define that as being on call. Many of the supervisors have them and all I can ask is --WHY?

05-02-2007, 10:02 PM
Thanks to the above posters for pointing our what in idiot inquiring minds is regaridng PSAs. You would not save an money by taking their vehicles as they cant drive them off duty. Again, it costs more in overtime, wear and tear, etc for them to park at fleet.

As for fleet taking vehicles home: all patrol vehicles have to be broken-in for 500 miles before put in service. We've all been rookies and know how people can beat on patrol cars. I can guarantee you that GM would void the warranty on any car that was not broken in first. And yes, we do have a warranty on every car regardless of them being police cars. If someone down at fleet is abusing the system and getting a free ride by all means something should be done. However, if this is just the fleet guys breaking them in then Godspeed.

05-03-2007, 03:36 AM
Someone call Monge and get him out of retirement. This agency is going down the toilet quickly!!!!!

05-03-2007, 04:40 AM
Monge ran a lean , tight agency and was well respected by the public. Salaries weren't great under him though, but we had the satisfaction of knowing the public respected the agency and the command staff was not top heavy. He would be shocked if he came back here.

05-03-2007, 02:01 PM
Ya right! Monge did alot for this agency. When he lesf the SSO, espeially it's employees, were in the same shape as a turkey carcas three weeks after Thanksgiving.

05-07-2007, 03:51 AM
Dear Inquiring-Minds, To answer your question...(How about some of the folks at Fleet who take cars home? One in particular is related to Major TC always takes a car home? ) My self and six other employees of fleet take home cars because of several reasons related to proper break in of a vehicle that is going to be neglected by most, not all who are assigned take home vehicles. Fleet has been doing this longer that I have been employed with the SSO and we only drive them their first 500 miles and once they are all done then we drive our personal vehicles. So if you have any further questions about what im driving stop by and see me in the radio shop where I might be working on your new car.
:cop:

05-07-2007, 11:25 AM
Keep doing what you are doing "related". You are an asset to this agency and we should be glad you are working with us. You, and most of the fleet guys, are always willing to help whenever anyone pulls up with a problem or needs something. You are a good egg.

05-07-2007, 12:59 PM
Monge ran a lean , tight agency and was well respected by the public. Salaries weren't great under him though, but we had the satisfaction of knowing the public respected the agency and the command staff was not top heavy. He would be shocked if he came back here.

I would give up the money in a heartbeat to get him back and get rid of this clown and his posse upstairs. What a joke of an agency. I am ashamed of this place! I was proud to work here under Monge even though i didnt agree with everything but it was a lot better!

05-07-2007, 10:47 PM
Dear Inquiring-Minds, To answer your question...(How about some of the folks at Fleet who take cars home? One in particular is related to Major TC always takes a car home? ) My self and six other employees of fleet take home cars because of several reasons related to proper break in of a vehicle that is going to be neglected by most, not all who are assigned take home vehicles. Fleet has been doing this longer that I have been employed with the SSO and we only drive them their first 500 miles and once they are all done then we drive our personal vehicles. So if you have any further questions about what im driving stop by and see me in the radio shop where I might be working on your new car.
:cop:

Nice post, I dont care who you are 'Good point" :devil:

05-08-2007, 02:48 PM
I WOULD GO BACK IN A HEART BEAT. MONGE'S MERIT PAY THING WAS A MESS, BUT THAT BEING SAID BB HAS ALREADY MADE A MESS OF THE PROGRESS ELECTRA STARTED. SO WHAT HE HECK!