PDA

View Full Version : JOKE

05-01-2007, 10:34 AM
Turn a memorial into a protest. If we are trying to make ourselves look stupid we will be doing a great job. Tell the public the Sheriff refuses to give us anything but don’t mention he hasn’t taken anything away and the fact that we get good raises/benefits year after year. Let’s go ahead and embarrass ourselves and the fallen officers we are supposed to be remembering. The agency comes first regardless of who is running the show…. in the FOP or in the Administration….. Think about it. :idea:

05-01-2007, 11:04 AM
Well said.

05-01-2007, 08:33 PM
So lets continue to run things the way we are?

Your making allot of sense there!

You must start somewhere and the deputies have spoken by an overwhelming number that they don't like what the man is doing for us, there are many things that the deputies must live with because they have no say at all at this point and the sheriff wants to keep it that way. OK so lets bow down because he thinks he can do it all better than we could ever do it when it comes to our well being because he knows what is best for us?

The deputies are not asking for allot and as a matter of fact they have only asked for one thing that would cost money and it is a benefit that other county employees are currently receiving. The other issues are a matter of providing some protection for the deputies that are not provided.
The current system in place allows for the sheriff to punish you by demotion or 3 days off with out any recourse. You can not challenge it at all. If he so comfortable in his actions why not have a impartial third party look at what is happening and make sure of that.

Stand by your policies and provide a fair disciplinary system. Live up to the same things you expected when you were in the Union and asking for similar treatment! If you are fair then you will not face any criticism or are we concerned that you are not?

05-01-2007, 08:39 PM
As a tax payer and a member of the Office I would hope I would have some say in what happens in the office. I don't think the Union is asking for much and actually are asking for little compared to other agencies around the state. Allot of the other agencies sheriff's have given their deputies what they asked for and more.

It is a shame that the sheriff has allowed things to get to a point that the union must protest at all.

05-02-2007, 01:22 AM
the sheriff asked the FOP to be there, so stop talking about what you lack knowledge of. He wanted to know why the FOP did not attend. So don't you fell like a retard.

05-02-2007, 07:15 AM
No one ever said it was going to be a protest. Look at the emails and website again and read what was put in them. Nothing about a protest is there. I took it that the FOP wanted to show their support for this memorial like the others throughout the state, which is exactly what they did. The board they have now at the FOP seems to be doing things to correct the problems the place has been having over the past few years and they don't deserve condescending ignorant remarks. You should ask someone how much time it takes Haugh to set up the newsletter, do that website, talk to local businesses for advertising and get our membership straightened out. I don't think the board members are paid to do that either.

05-02-2007, 10:37 AM
The only joke here is that you started this thread to try and intimidate those who wanted to show support for their fallen brothers and sisters by making this an issue of Sheriff v FOP.

If I had to guess, the person who started this was either COP LT, Mini Me Ferg, or Wonder Boy.

Nice try, but the blue shirts outnumbered the grays by at least 3:1 (off duty). How is that for stats Wonder Boy?

05-04-2007, 02:37 AM
Question. Who is Wonder Boy? Or at least initials so I know who is being referenced.

Tim Hennigan
05-04-2007, 02:43 AM
I would like to thank the FOP members that showed up at the Pasco County Law Enforcement Memorial on Tuesday, May 1st. I know we all like our time off to spend with our families and do things outside of our job. You gave up that time to come out and honor the heroes of Pasco County. Some of you brought your family, so they could see first hand the love, compassion and brotherhood of our profession. I commend you, you truly shown your commitment to the causes of the FOP, your dedication to Pasco County and most of all the respect our fallen brothers and sisters.

I have said before, I read this site daily to see what others are saying and if the FOP can make a difference, offer assistance or make changes where needed. I may not agree with every post, but I can assure you I sift through the information with an open mind. I really try not to pass judgment; I just try to understand the motivation of the comments. I do not agree with the anonymity, but have to accept it for it has a purpose. But what I do hate is, some hide behind and use the anonymity as a tool to personally attack others without just cause or even worst for recreation. Some of these persons use this to make outlandish statements that they dream up or get off the rumor mill. I would like to ask, that before a person makes a post on here he or she should educate himself or herself on the subject matter. You need to know both sides of the topic, just don’t assume. I am not saying this to stop others from expressing their opinion; I am saying that others from outside the FOP and Agency read this forum. How can we, the FOP, We the members of the Pasco County Sheriff’s Office or the Sheriff himself convince the pubic and the County Commissioners that we are the best and that we want and deserve the best, if we act like immature school kids. Just remember the public is our true employer, the Pasco County Sheriff’s Office belongs to them. If either the FOP or the Sheriff wants to make any improvements, we have to have the public’s full trust and respect first.

The reason I using this thread to say this, there was some vicious attacks on the good members of the FOP that question their integrity. I very rarely respond to negative posts, but I have to here. I have lost too many comrades and close friends in this job. This is very personal to others and me. I know that those who attended the Memorial Service quickly realized that they were dead wrong. Our brothers and sisters, who were there to honor our heroes, had all the compassion and the respect that the Memorial commanded. We will continue to support our members has a whole and not as individuals. If there were one change I can make to this memorial, it would be that we would have had a bigger showing, but there is always next year.

I would like to say thanks those who thought of the FOP and the invite that was offered. At this time I will commit FOP Lodge 29 to be involved in all future Memorials. If we can be of any assistance in the preparation or what was suggested to place a permanent memorial at the old Courthouse, just call on us. I would like to commend our Honor Guard for their superb performance; they are second to none. Doug Tobin you did one heck of a job.

Again, Thank you to the members for coming and for your professionalism. Most of all thank you the Public for all your support, that dose make our job worth it.

Tim Hennigan
05-04-2007, 02:52 AM
Opps Sorry for the speling and grammer errors I wrote this in a hurry and wanted to get it out.

Feel free to post some negitive commets about my spelling and grammer, I deserve it :oops: