PDA

View Full Version : READ WHAT THE MIAMI FOP PRESIDENT WROTE TO THE TROOPS

04-28-2007, 02:39 PM
Well, better late than never….We just earned the best raises in our Department’s history—or at least recorded history—and achieved what is probably the most significant pay scale restructuring that our officers have ever seen. At 7 ½ years of service, our officers will soon be earning what officers with 22 years on the Department now earn. The City will now contribute 10% more to our health plan than they did under previous contracts. Our pension remained unscathed. We are once again a police department where people will want to work—Can you say, “Miami Gardens, who?”

I want to thank MOST of the members of our Department for staying strong and sticking with us, your FOP. We hosted what was perhaps the largest demonstration in FOP history in front of City Hall and through the streets of Coco Walk. We crashed the Performing Arts Center grand opening and the Super Bowl parties. When we didn’t like the City’s labor negotiator because he wanted to slash our pension, give us 0% raises across the board, and eliminate our most basic rights, we fought him and the City head-on until he was replaced with Hector Mirabile in January 2007, who did his duty to the City while also doing what was right and negotiating in good faith—something that was long absent during our negotiations with the City. It took a long time and a lot of work on our part, but then again, few things worth having ever come easy. As a member of the contract negotiations team, many of you have thanked me for a job well done, but I have to thank you right back—we couldn't have done it without your support.

Now I need to address another group of officers on our Department. I don’t want to sound childish, but YOU SEE—I TOLD YOU SO!!!! For those of you who did nothing but complain and post stupid remarks on this website, you, along with the City, proved to be a major obstacle for us in reaching our goals. It was unconscionable to me that our own members would try to sabotage negotiations by even giving the City the impression that there was a lack of unity in our Department. You should be ashamed. So let me understand your logic: The fight got tough, so you sided with the enemy by bad-mouthing, or even worse—quitting, your own union? What would have made you feel better? Switching to the PBA? Why? Because they have a nicer building? Nicer recruiting pamphlets? They’ve done a great job for MDPD, but we’d be their stepchildren. Ask Hialeah what the PBA has done for them. They’re still waiting for their take-home cars. Here at MPD, we run our own shop. If the FOP fails, it is only because we the members have failed. Running to the arms of another union is not the answer, and trashing the people who are fighting to better your quality of life isn’t the answer either. As cops, we’re trained to fight back when we’re pinned against a wall and to watch each other’s backs. When did these principles start applying only to the street? Some of you still have the audacity to criticize us because of how long it took to get a contract. Well, if the worst thing we did was take too long to get you a contract with a 14% retroactive raise, I take that as a compliment.

Again, to most of you, THANKS. Oh, and don’t go spending your money all in one place (You should see your first retro check 3 weeks from now), stay safe, and WATCH EACH OTHER’S BACKS ON AND OFF THE STREET, FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!!

Armando Aguilar, Jr.

04-28-2007, 04:39 PM
I say we get our P.B.A. reps, line them all up in front of the P.B.A. building and pelt them with rocks and garbage.
I know this guy Aguilar, wee should get with him and get with eachother to get what we deserve.

04-28-2007, 05:13 PM
I say we get our P.B.A. reps, line them all up in front of the P.B.A. building and pelt them with rocks and garbage.
I know this guy Aguilar, wee should get with him and get with each other to get what we deserve.

No, your PBA reps are as much victims of the PBA indifference as you are! John Rivera and crew are only concerned with MDPD, period. Your current situation is clear proof.

Contact the FOP national office and seek their help in forming your own FOP lodge; staffed with HPD personnel, preferably retired or just about to retired personnel. People not as dependant on the administration and financially able to battle the administration on each and every issue adverse to the rank and file!

04-29-2007, 03:29 AM
All of you are full of crap. What the story does not tell is how MPD officers protested against the Mayor and went there in their take home cars. Also they in not so many words threaten the city with a Blue-Flu!!!! During the Super Bowl!!! There was a lot done behind the scenes. Kind of like when Al Sharpton goes somewhere. Do you think they listen to him because they like him? No! because he has many unified people behind him who are willing to make some noise. The only people that should be lined up and stoned are anyone wearing a HPD patch!!!!! Including me! We are all a bunch of Pus%ies period. No unity and City Hall knows it. Everyone is out for themselves. So F you and I hope we all get what we deserve, Nothing!!!!!!

8)

04-29-2007, 01:46 PM
Look back at the History of the Hialeah Police Department.
The best and most lucrative contracts we ever obtained were under the FOP.
We ran our own FOP and I believe still have the Club House off of 38th St.
The precious poster is correct. The PBA is only concerned about MDPD and Miami-Dade Corrections; they are their largest contributors and their most important clients.
We will never be able to get anything more than whatever MDPD or corrections gets.
Just for giggles take a look to see what raises we got during the FOP and then compare them to what we have gotten under the PBA.
Yes, I have been around for a loooong time and that is why it is difficult to BS me.

04-29-2007, 09:13 PM
Don't delude yourself that the FOP or the Teamsters or anyone else would do any better job than the PBA. I was there when the PBA came in and there was a good reason for it. The city had found a way to manipulate the FOP and would probably do it again if they had the chance. The PBA was big enough and had the resources to fight the city, the FOP wasn't.

The city has gone to great lengths to divide and conquer you. The substation system, specialty units, and the detective bureau are all treated as separate entities with separate rules and in some cases are pitted against one another. All the infighting plays directly into their hands.

The citys message for years has been, If you don't like it, LEAVE. You are a certified law enforcement officer, your skills are valuable, if not to the city of Hialeah, then there are other agencies that you can work for that will treat you better. My advice to you is if your not vested, BAIL out now. Within 5 years you will be in better financial condition than you are now.

On the other hand, don't think the grass is greener at some other agencies. MDPD is a snake pit, Miami has the same internal problems, they're just a little more discrete about airing their dirty laundry. There are Alpha Hotels everywhere you go, the trick is to stay away from them.

The only hope for your organization in the future is unity. If you stick together you can make things happen.

04-29-2007, 10:27 PM
Churro, first of all have a drink, take a prozac, or do whatever you need to do to calm down. We're not all full of crap, just full of differences, and f@#k you is not any kind of language for a lady to be using.
I wear my patch and wear it with pride because I consider myself to be more than a Hialeah P.O. I am a cop, what you and everyone else once set out to be. My pelting remark was out of order, you're absolutely right. I have been helped by the P.B.A. in ways you would'nt want to imagine. I appreciated them then and I do now, but unfortunately times change, homes get more expensive and the dues aren't getting any cheaper for the lack of service we've gotten.
Contrary to popular belief, we are not p@$$!s, we do however need to get united and make a difference, not more divided by insulting the very men and women we depend on sometimes to see our kids at the end of a day.

04-29-2007, 10:32 PM
Well, better late than never….We just earned the best raises in our Department’s history—or at least recorded history—and achieved what is probably the most significant pay scale restructuring that our officers have ever seen. At 7 ½ years of service, our officers will soon be earning what officers with 22 years on the Department now earn. The City will now contribute 10% more to our health plan than they did under previous contracts. Our pension remained unscathed. We are once again a police department where people will want to work—Can you say, “Miami Gardens, who?”

I want to thank MOST of the members of our Department for staying strong and sticking with us, your FOP. We hosted what was perhaps the largest demonstration in FOP history in front of City Hall and through the streets of Coco Walk. We crashed the Performing Arts Center grand opening and the Super Bowl parties. When we didn’t like the City’s labor negotiator because he wanted to slash our pension, give us 0% raises across the board, and eliminate our most basic rights, we fought him and the City head-on until he was replaced with Hector Mirabile in January 2007, who did his duty to the City while also doing what was right and negotiating in good faith—something that was long absent during our negotiations with the City. It took a long time and a lot of work on our part, but then again, few things worth having ever come easy. As a member of the contract negotiations team, many of you have thanked me for a job well done, but I have to thank you right back—we couldn't have done it without your support.

Now I need to address another group of officers on our Department. I don’t want to sound childish, but YOU SEE—I TOLD YOU SO!!!! For those of you who did nothing but complain and post stupid remarks on this website, you, along with the City, proved to be a major obstacle for us in reaching our goals. It was unconscionable to me that our own members would try to sabotage negotiations by even giving the City the impression that there was a lack of unity in our Department. You should be ashamed. So let me understand your logic: The fight got tough, so you sided with the enemy by bad-mouthing, or even worse—quitting, your own union? What would have made you feel better? Switching to the PBA? Why? Because they have a nicer building? Nicer recruiting pamphlets? They’ve done a great job for MDPD, but we’d be their stepchildren. Ask Hialeah what the PBA has done for them. They’re still waiting for their take-home cars. Here at MPD, we run our own shop. If the FOP fails, it is only because we the members have failed. Running to the arms of another union is not the answer, and trashing the people who are fighting to better your quality of life isn’t the answer either. As cops, we’re trained to fight back when we’re pinned against a wall and to watch each other’s backs. When did these principles start applying only to the street? Some of you still have the audacity to criticize us because of how long it took to get a contract. Well, if the worst thing we did was take too long to get you a contract with a 14% retroactive raise, I take that as a compliment.

Again, to most of you, THANKS. Oh, and don’t go spending your money all in one place (You should see your first retro check 3 weeks from now), stay safe, and WATCH EACH OTHER’S BACKS ON AND OFF THE STREET, FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!!

Armando Aguilar, Jr.

This was actually written by the FOP President's son... I thought it was nice that he stuck his neck out there for his dad.

04-29-2007, 10:44 PM
Sorry Churro, I just realized in my mad fit I bashed you, instead of POPO.

04-29-2007, 11:43 PM
Sorry Churro, I just realized in my mad fit I bashed you, instead of POPO.

No apologies are necessary! Working under the current pay, benefits and oppressive management system is quite disheartening! Advice, whether you stay with the PBA, or resurrect the FOP is a class decision. What is sad, is that HPD POs are not getting comparative pay and benefits for the service and protection you collectively provide the City and citizens of Hialeah! The PBA must do better, demand it!

04-30-2007, 02:39 AM
The guest who said that MPD keeps their crap on the down low must be SMOKING CRACK.. My friend,their is no other dept on this LEO AFFAIRS site WHO IS MORE CANDID THAN US!!!!!!
We have ALL the same,third world politics AND P.D. B.S.,COMPSTAT,ie.,39bums,vendors,MANDATORY TIXS and the rest as you guys but WE HAVE TAKE HOME CARS AND WILL NOW GET PAID SOME SERIOUS FLOW!!!!! So,if you want to get PAID FOR THE B.S. THAT THESE CITY HALL HO'S WANT,JOIN MPD OR GET A REAL FOP GOING!!!
The PBA WONT DO CRAP FOR YOU GUYS!!!

05-03-2007, 12:51 PM
I think thats a great idea. I was thinking something we could all wear that would signify to each other that we are united and to come after one of us is to pick a fight with all of us. A certain main station sergeant, who has some anger management issues!, said if you want unity wear it on your sleeve. I thought about it and if many of you agree I am going to order a wrist ban, like the one Lance Armstrong had for the cancer research. These however will be bright red and say something about unity on them. The bright red will signify that we are willing to bleed for each other! Anyone that wants to be part of the "Team" will have to ask someone that is wearing one where to get it and what it means. If I can get some replies from some of you that are ready to pick a fight let me know and I will order them out of my own pocket.

Also I heard that the CRT brothers are ready to make a statement. I hope they do because they are getting jerked around just as bad as our SWAT team did a couple of years ago. I hope they are not as afraid like our SWAT team was to take a stand.

Anyone that wants a bracelet please respond and let me know. They are free of charge, but must be worn at all times while on duty. Anyone that gets one and does not wear it, you will answer for it and it will not be a reprimand. Again lets show this place what a united force can do. By the way Sarge thanks for the talk, you motivated me into taking a stand and I thank you for it. I hope that death does not come for you yet as you would say.

:x