PDA

View Full Version : Problems without solutions

04-28-2007, 12:02 AM
I have been reading the messages that have been posted on this site and I do know that several problems within BSO can be attributed directly back to KJ and his executive staff. Having worked at a great many positions at BSO over the many years I can tell you that while no law enforcement agency is perfect there always seems to be something negative to give this place a bad name. One of the least fair practices here is the promotional process for Sergeant. There is a test to study for then if one passes the written test all that pass gets their name put on a list of which promotions are made from. But despite a passing grade on the written portion of the test promotions are made by a team of command executives that sit round table style and all politic for their "choice". If you happen to be the choice of the person pulling for you then you will probably get stripes but if you are just a "peon" with no connections then too bad for you as you will die on the list. There at one time was an assessment portion of the sergeant exam where outside command officers from different agencies in the county were asked by the sheriff to come in and interview the potential sergeant applicants and to do an assessment on the abilities of the sgt. candidates to think under pressure.
Somehow the assessment process fell by the wayside. Then the rule of "5" was established but did not last very long. So, now, it really boils down to who ever the command staff wants, mostly due to favoritsm, and recommends to KJ.
This is the tip of the iceberg with the multitude of problems at BSO, more to be written as time goes on. Any questions are welcome.

04-28-2007, 12:07 AM
I have been reading the messages that have been posted on this site and I do know that several problems within BSO can be attributed directly back to KJ and his executive staff. Having worked at a great many positions at BSO over the many years I can tell you that while no law enforcement agency is perfect there always seems to be something negative to give this place a bad name. One of the least fair practices here is the promotional process for Sergeant. There is a test to study for then if one passes the written test all that pass gets their name put on a list of which promotions are made from. But despite a passing grade on the written portion of the test promotions are made by a team of command executives that sit round table style and all politic for their "choice". If you happen to be the choice of the person pulling for you then you will probably get stripes but if you are just a "peon" with no connections then too bad for you as you will die on the list. There at one time was an assessment portion of the sergeant exam where outside command officers from different agencies in the county were asked by the sheriff to come in and interview the potential sergeant applicants and to do an assessment on the abilities of the sgt. candidates to think under pressure.
Somehow the assessment process fell by the wayside. Then the rule of "5" was established but did not last very long. So, now, it really boils down to who ever the command staff wants, mostly due to favoritsm, and recommends to KJ.
This is the tip of the iceberg with the multitude of problems at BSO, more to be written as time goes on. Any questions are welcome.

I heard KJ would be indicted very soon.

04-28-2007, 01:22 AM
Ha, well at least I dont feel so bad now, as our agency PCSO has the same promotion "process". Is this a norm for SO's in Fl? On a sep note, Could one of you please post a answer to the "question for bcso" thread. thanks

11-01-2007, 08:10 PM
bump