PDA

View Full Version : Question for St Pete Dispatchers

04-27-2007, 05:47 PM
I friend of mine is doing some research and was trying to gather some information involving a traffic stop that occured in Saint Petersburg. They contacted your agency and got a moderate run around.

When an officer conducts a traffic stop, is the stop assigned a case number, an event number, or how is it logged?

If the traffic stop evolves into a criminal investigation, does the officer clear the traffic stop and place themself back on an additional event or do they stay on the original traffic stop even and have a case number for a written report?

I appreciate any light that can be shed on this inquiry so that the proper terminology can be used to conduct the research!

05-11-2007, 10:09 PM
I can't believe that you all discuss who the fattest is, who slept with who, who is having an affair, etc.... and a simple inquiry can not get a simple answer! So who is the fattest girl that sleeps with the married men?

05-30-2007, 11:33 PM
All traffic stops, or any situation where an officer is shown out somewhere is automatically assigned an INCIDENT number by the computer system. If the traffic stop turns into an arrest...or something else that requires a police report number to be assigned, then that report number is assigned to the same INCIDENT number. Incident numbers and report numbers are 2 different things...every action shown in the computer is given an INCIDENT...but report numbers are only assigned when a report has to be written. I'm sure they were not trying to give you the run around, but "finding" a traffic stop in the computer can be a little difficult especially if the person is not that experienced. I would recommend asking to speak with a supv and hopefully they might know how to find the traffic stop you are looking for. The caller should have the location...or at least an intersection...the time of day (or close to it) and of course the date. There are other ways to search too, but a supv should be aware of them all.

Sorry I didn't get on here sooner and see your post.

06-03-2007, 03:18 AM
Thank you for your update. I greatly appreciate it!