PDA

View Full Version : hiring?

04-27-2007, 05:27 AM
Are you guys still hiring? When Is the cutoff If you are?

06-16-2007, 02:17 PM
what schedule do you guys work 5- 8 hour or 4- 10 hour days because i hear miramar works 11.5

06-16-2007, 03:29 PM
nope .... hiring freeze for at least 1 year.

06-16-2007, 11:28 PM
As per the new approved tax cut, Pembroke pines will have to lower taxes 7%(Sat Sun-Sentinel) by the end of the year. I think hiring will seize for a while and our future contracts doesn't look good especially if the vote passes for the super homestead exemption in January. I think I will sell my house and move out of the state. It's a no win situation for the public servants.

06-17-2007, 02:47 AM
QSK???? IS THAT A HIALEAH THING? BECAUSE IF SO, WE'RE DONE HIRING YOU GUYS ANYWAY. SO MUCH FOR THE TAKEOVER FELLAS.
YOU TRIED TEN YEARS AGO AND FAILED. YOU TRIED A SECOND TIME, AND AGAIN YOU FAILED. GIVE IT UP!!!!

06-17-2007, 05:25 AM
It doesn't matter anymore your dept will now suffer like us officers in Hialeah have suffered for the past 20 years. Pines will suffer from the property tax cut because your city relies heavily on property taxes to pay your absurd salaries. I'm sure Hialeah will re-open hiring in the upcoming months and we expect a lot of Pines officers waiting in line. Good luck with the process!

06-17-2007, 09:08 AM
OH YEAH, HOLD THOSE DOORS OPEN! THERE WILL BE A MASS EXODUS FROM PINES TO HIALEAH. JUST LOOK AT HOW MANY HAVE DONE THIS IN THE PAST..... OH - NONE.

THE BEST THING PINES GOT FROM HIALEAH IS JIMMY GARCIA AND LUNCH TRUCKS. WELCOME ABOARD JIMMY!

AS FAR AS PINES COPS LEAVING FOR "REAL POLICEWORK", GOOD LUCK TO THAT.

06-18-2007, 01:14 AM
Jimmy is a great guy. He will show you guys in Pines how to become real cops.

06-18-2007, 01:40 AM
WHO'S JIMMY GARCIA?

06-18-2007, 01:55 AM
EXACTLY!!!!

06-18-2007, 11:08 AM
i hear that eventually they will try to eliminate most specialized units and make us work 545am-530pm and 645a-7p rotating this would be badddd

06-23-2007, 05:52 PM
http://www.topix.net/content/trb/2007/0 ... s-services (http://www.topix.net/content/trb/2007/06/pines-may-cut-taxes-services)

It's official my fellow brotha's better jump ship asap. If the super homestead exemption gets approved in January police officers throughout Florida will get affected. Time to leave the state. For those that are considering applying here think twice about it especially if you're already working for another dept. If dept start laying off officers then the ones with least seniority will be laid off first. There goes are 96% retirement benefits.

07-09-2007, 12:34 AM
OH YEAH, HOLD THOSE DOORS OPEN! THERE WILL BE A MASS EXODUS FROM PINES TO HIALEAH. JUST LOOK AT HOW MANY HAVE DONE THIS IN THE PAST..... OH - NONE.

THE BEST THING PINES GOT FROM HIALEAH IS JIMMY GARCIA AND LUNCH TRUCKS. WELCOME ABOARD JIMMY!

AS FAR AS PINES COPS LEAVING FOR "REAL POLICEWORK", GOOD LUCK TO THAT.

JUST THE SAME SCENARIO.... YOU DON'T SEE AMERICANS ON RAFTS GOING TO CUBA EITHER, DO YA?

07-09-2007, 12:57 AM
Nope but unless you're a native Indian your family came on a boat as well many years ago. But I guess you don't know your history. Oh I forgot you received your education at McArthur High.

07-10-2007, 04:27 PM
GOOD POINT, BUT AT LEAST MY FAMILY LEARNED ENGLISH BEFORE THEY GOT HERE, ARRIVED LEGALLY, AND NEVER VERBALLY BASHED THIS COUNTRY. THEY ALSO DIDN'T GET $10,000 AND HEALTH INSURANCE HANDED TO THEM ONCE THEY ARRIVED.
OH, AND YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT THE EDUCATION

07-11-2007, 07:14 AM
"GOOD POINT, BUT AT LEAST MY FAMILY LEARNED ENGLISH BEFORE THEY GOT HERE, ARRIVED LEGALLY, AND NEVER VERBALLY BASHED THIS COUNTRY. "

If not McArthur then Miramar High. This is a double run on sentence. I guess your parents should have taught you how to write because you sure can't. :P

07-11-2007, 07:36 AM
Where would Pines be now without the Cubans? For one, the neighborhoods would still look like the homes east of University where anglos are still the majority in that area. Now west of University you have older homes who have been bought by the majority of Cubans and check out how property value has skyrocketed in that area. Thanks to us Cubans, value of homes have increased thus we have to pay higher taxes which leads to your nice retirement package and high salary.

Now the scenario without Cubans. Everything would look like east of University. Property value would be a dump and your salary and retirement package would be competitive with Lauderhill. Us Cubans accept your gratitude. We do it better!!!

07-11-2007, 02:48 PM
Actually, it's thanks to Hurricane Andrew !!! Or should I say, No thanks !!!

07-11-2007, 04:33 PM
take care of the problems on your island then i'll have some respect for you.

07-11-2007, 08:26 PM
YEAH YOU CUBANS BUILT THIS CITY ONE LAWN AT A TIME.

07-11-2007, 09:27 PM
Where would Pines be now without the Cubans? For one, the neighborhoods would still look like the homes east of University where anglos are still the majority in that area. Now west of University you have older homes who have been bought by the majority of Cubans and check out how property value has skyrocketed in that area. Thanks to us Cubans, value of homes have increased thus we have to pay higher taxes which leads to your nice retirement package and high salary.

Now the scenario without Cubans. Everything would look like east of University. Property value would be a dump and your salary and retirement package would be competitive with Lauderhill. Us Cubans accept your gratitude. We do it better!!!

Typical. What you have is the popular misconception shared by a small percentage of Cubans and those of hispanic descent. You're probably the type of person I spoke of in an earlier post. You probably fly your Cuban flag all year round, and even have one hanging off your rear view mirror. The only time you wave an American flag is when the government wants to create stricter laws pertaining to immigrants. You probably express your disgust with this country on a daily basis. You were probably born here, and have no idea how hard your parents or grandparents had it back home. You have that mendacious belief that this State or this Country would not survive without you, your particular heritage or your race.
I see you as nothing more than an annoying speck on my windshield. I only give respect and gratitude to hard working Americans of all races. Not little self centered punks who give their heritage a black eye, or disgrace this Country.
So take your rookie @$$ back to your own website and gripe about things within your own agency.

07-11-2007, 11:42 PM
quote] You probably fly your Cuban flag all year round, and even have one hanging off your rear view mirror.

No, those are the Puerto Ricans.

07-11-2007, 11:42 PM
quote] You probably fly your Cuban flag all year round, and even have one hanging off your rear view mirror.

07-11-2007, 11:46 PM

07-12-2007, 04:53 AM

Well said, here’s History about Cuba for ya…… Last of the Latin countries to liberate themselves from Spanish rule and the first to fall under communism. All tough talk here in the US but in cuba they are liking castro’s butt. Typical from a group of people who lick butt for a living in their own country.

07-13-2007, 04:24 AM

Well said, here’s History about Cuba for ya…… Last of the Latin countries to liberate themselves from Spanish rule and the first to fall under communism. All tough talk here in the US but in cuba they are liking castro’s butt. Typical from a group of people who lick butt for a living in their own country.

I don't get you guys. A moron from another agency comes on our forum to stir the pot, and you respond by slamming Cubans in general. Why don't you attack the Jews and Blacks and Gays while your at it? Let's get some good animosity going here.

I'm pretty sure that you have worked closely with at least one Cuban, and don't hesitate to call him (or her) for help when you need a translator. How many times has he backed you up and helped you out? And I know that the Cuban guy comes running if he thinks that you are in danger.

I'd bet that you wouldn't want him to know that you're posting insulting comments about his family.

07-13-2007, 07:28 AM
Why do you sound surprised? It still shows that racism is rampant in the Pembroke Pines Police Dept. That is one thing that is well "known" throughout South Florida. I've heard it from fellow officers that used to work in different agencies and now work at Pines. Most say the dept is full of racist pigs. It's sad that you have these guys as officers in your dept.

07-13-2007, 09:56 AM
I'm pretty sure that you have worked closely with at least one Cuban, and don't hesitate to call him (or her) for help when you need a translator.

Again, here’s the ignorance and arrogance of the cuban people who believe that they are the only Hispanics in Florida. First, I wouldn’t call a cuban to translate anything for me when most can barely speak Spanish. Second being a Hispanic person myself, I can say that the cubans have brought this on themselves. The trash that comes out of their mouth about how everything is better in cuba makes every non-cuban person sick to their stomach. You guys thought of everything and invented everything yet since 1959 Fidel has been sticking it to you without vaseline straight in your butts. When you get a little courage to make something happen then you could open your big mouths and get in line with the rest the countries that are FREE and DEMOCRATIC like THE US.

07-13-2007, 11:17 PM
Again, here’s the ignorance and arrogance of the cuban people who believe that they are the only Hispanics in Florida. First, I wouldn’t call a cuban to translate anything for me when most can barely speak Spanish. Second being a Hispanic person myself, I can say that the cubans have brought this on themselves. The trash that comes out of their mouth about how everything is better in cuba makes every non-cuban person sick to their stomach. You guys thought of everything and invented everything yet since 1959 Fidel has been sticking it to you without vaseline straight in your butts. When you get a little courage to make something happen then you could open your big mouths and get in line with the rest the countries that are FREE and DEMOCRATIC like THE US.

Interesting. So what are your family's origins?

07-13-2007, 11:57 PM
great point juju!

07-14-2007, 08:21 AM
Repentido!!!!! Cubans took over Dade and we're close on conquering Broward! Keep on heading north anglos and exit Ocala. You'll meet up with the rest of your white trash friends and family

07-14-2007, 08:14 PM
Conquering?

LOL :lol:

Thanks for the coffee and the women. Both are being CONSUMED by us.

Keep em coming

07-14-2007, 09:53 PM
I guess his kids wouldn't listen either.

07-14-2007, 11:59 PM
just look how quick the wellfare lines and how many d and f schools we are getting. if they started esol in kindergarden we might not have this problem.

07-15-2007, 10:06 PM
http://www.broward.org/planningservices/bbtn12.pdf

Again we hispanics want to thank you for your gratitude in making your once "anglo city" a better one over time. Please don't get upset when you need a translator for every call that you get. Over time that will make you want to move up North where cost of living is cheap due to the heavy amount of dirty white people who make the cities up north nice and affordable. Again, thank you for taking care of "OUR CITY"!!!!

07-16-2007, 02:57 AM
YOU ARE THE BLACK EYE TO YOUR PEOPLE. YOU ARE A WORTHLESS SCUMBAG WHO ONLY SEEMS TO BE UPSET BECAUSE YOU WERE NOT HIRED BY US. YOU CLAIMED THAT CUBANS AND ONLY CUBANS ARE THE CAUSE FOR THE INCREASE IN OUR CITY'S POPULATION AND OUR PAY. NOW YOU HAVE LUMPED YOURSELF TOGETHER WITH ALL HISPANICS TO SHOW THROUGH CHARTS AND PIE GRAPHS THE PERCENTAGES OF HISPANICS LIVING IN BROWARD COUNTY. YOU HAVE NOW DISGRACED ALL HISPANICS BY EXPRESSING YOUR OPINIONS IN THE MANNER YOU HAVE.
IT'S PEOPLE LIKE YOU THAT CREATE BARRIERS AND STEREOTYPES BETWEEN PEOPLE. EVEN AFTER ALL OF YOUR UNNECESSARY AND UNPROVOKED RANTS, I STILL CONSIDER ANY HARD WORKING HISPANIC A BROTHER OF MINE. I HAVE A FEELING YOU'RE ONE OF THOSE THAT CONSTANTLY LOOKS FOR THE HANDOUT. WHEN YOU'RE PASSED OVER FOR A POSITION YOU CRY FOUL, AND THAT YOU WERE NOT CHOSEN BECAUSE YOU'RE HISPANIC. YOU WANT EVERYONE TO FORGET THE FACT THAT YOU ARE A WORTHLESS SLUG, WHO DOES NOTHING BUT COMPLAIN LIKE A LITTLE B!TC#. YOU PROBABLY HAVE SOMEWHAT OF A WEIGHT PROBLEM AND ARE CONSTANTLY OUT-RUNNED BY THE 10 YEAR OLD KIDS YOU TRY TO BULLY. AND FINALLY, ALTHOUGH YOU BELIEVE YOURSELF TO BE THE ULTIMATE LADIES MAN, YOU ARE CONSTANTLY TURNED DOWN BY THE WOMEN YOU PULL OVER.
I'LL TELL YOU WHAT D!CKFACE!!! TAKE YOUR BULL$#!T SOMEWHERE ELSE AND SEE IF YOU GET THE SAME RESPONSES WE HAVE GIVEN. YOU HAVE DONE NOTHING BUT SPARK ANGER IN THIS FORUM. YOU GET THE PEOPLE OF THIS SITE AMPED UP, AND THEN YOU TELL YOUR BUDDIES TO CHECK OUT HOW RACIST PINES IS. TAKE IT SOMEWHERE ELSE YOU FAT PUNK.

07-16-2007, 06:07 AM
Again I want to thank you for keeping "Our prodominant Hispanic" city safe everyday. Maybe one day I will sell you my house after you sell your 1/1 condo. I'll keep you posted when I decide to sell.

07-16-2007, 01:39 PM
Look, Poppi, how about if you go hump someone else's leg before you get yours pushed in. If you love the Pines so much, go fill out an application. Otherwise, we are happy to secure your beautiful houses with your lawn ornaments and laundry hanging in the back yard. Too bad the homeowners associations won't let you paint it pink and purple like every other house in Hialeah, but I am certain that with the massive influence you have, that day will soon come. Soon after that, you can all fix your cars in the front lawn also. And let me ask, how is it that you find your obese wives so attractive in spandex shorts or tight jeans with their bellys hanging over?

Ever think of why so many of you live in this city? Ever think it is because you would never live in that dump Hialeah? Why not? Because all of your people epphed that city all to hell.

Good luck with all of your nonsense. Don't player-hate!

07-17-2007, 12:09 PM
2 families in the same 2/2 in hialeah. you should be proud. the 3 rd world come to south florida.

07-17-2007, 04:48 PM
Ohh yeah don’t forget the churro vendors, the semi-hauler parked in the middle of the street, 22 footer shrimp boat parked in the front lawn, big beer-belly no shirt with flip-flops standing in front of the house with beer on hand, vienda sellers blasting their loud horns at 5 in the morning and of course the sound of the cuban anthem (reggaeton) at all hours of the day and night.

Ohh yeah, that’s what I need in my city to make property value go up. Don’t forget to inflate your rafts when you cross the canal………….

07-17-2007, 04:54 PM
What is Pembroke Pines becoming. It's a total shame as it once was a great place to live and work

07-18-2007, 07:02 AM
I know they were the Coral Gables of Dade county. Go read Gables site now. Pines is the next Hialeah. Keep on heading north white boys. Cubans are taking over and turning it into Hialeah North

07-18-2007, 05:00 PM
Yeah youre taking over and turning it into Hialeah North. Perfect. Why do you think so many "white people" want to get the hell out of here? Whats the matter with you? Why would you want this to look like Hialeah??? In fact most of the Cubans I know are ready to get out of here also. Call Al Gurrea and ask him how the weather is in GEORGIA.

Will the last American to leave Pembroke Pines please bring the flag????

07-18-2007, 05:37 PM
It's true the old school Cubans want to get the hell out of south florida. The recently arrived cubans(within the past 10-15 years) are a different kind of animal. But what do you expect , education is non existant over there now. As long as that savage continues to run the country we'll continue to receive the low life's here in the city of Hialeah. And I've been pulling on all of you Pines cops legs for the longest but now I'm speaking the truth........We all know your department is the Shizzat dept to be at now!!! Stay safe and continue on doing what you do and nevermind the negative comments!!!!

07-18-2007, 05:59 PM
Again I want to thank you for keeping "Our prodominant Hispanic" city safe everyday. Maybe one day I will sell you my house after you sell your 1/1 condo. I'll keep you posted when I decide to sell.

WHENEVER YOU HAVE THE COURAGE FOR A FACE TO FACE ROADSIDE DEBATE, CALL OUR DISPATCH (954-431-2200). LEAVE A MESSAGE FOR ME (J GRIEVE) AND I'LL BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO CHAT WHEN YOU GET OFF OF WORK.

07-18-2007, 08:29 PM
row row row your boat cuban refugees if you row there fast enough you'll make it to the keys!!!

cubans = scum of the earth.

07-19-2007, 04:56 PM

WHENEVER YOU HAVE THE COURAGE FOR A FACE TO FACE ROADSIDE DEBATE, CALL OUR DISPATCH (954-431-2200). LEAVE A MESSAGE FOR ME (J GRIEVE) AND I'LL BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO CHAT WHEN YOU GET OFF OF WORK.

Here at our racially eclectic agency, they refer to me as the "Swede". I talk about myself in a third person format. "The Swede wants to thumb wrestle you for a churro" is a perfect example. Better yet, "The Swede wants to make Cuban wine (whine) out of your grape(s)".
The Swede wants to know when you and the rest of your extended family plan on selling the 7 - 1 1/4 bath- 800 sq ft house? The Swede's already seen the place, so there's no need for a tour.
Last week, he (the Swede) responded to an ordinance violation relating to sprinklers being used at the wrong day of the week for that particular address. At first glance, the Swede thought he had the wrong address since there was only a yard filled with chipped alabaster with a sparse display of weeds. After knocking on the door, he could only hear the crinkle of cheap metal blinds as someone within peered out of the front window. Following this, was the sound of side windows being opened accompanied with faint whispering in hispanic. As the Swede walked to the side of the house to investigate, he heard what sounded like chain link fencing being kicked. After illuminating the side yard with his flashlight, he saw dozens of guayaberas hurdling the rear fence like a heard of reindeer fleeing a predator.
Responding back to the front door for a second knock, the Swede was greeted by an English speaking, elderly Cuban lady waiving an American flag. She invited the Swede in for some Cuban coffee, and arepas. Accepting her offer, the Swede consumed the offerings as his time was occupied with the tour of of the casa and detailed explanations of every hanging photo within. After the hour and a half tour, and several near missteps over the numerous sleeping bags strewn about the entire floor space, the Swede had to conclude his visit.
Upon the completion of his shift, the Swede remained awake for hours. As the weeks passed, he developed lockjaw and needed a tetanus shot. The following months were plagued with diarrhea. And to this day, he still puts aside the differences between his fellow officers, regardless of their ancestral background.
The Swede says.... if you have nothing good to say about our agency or "caucasions in general", keep it to yourself. Since you claim to live in this city, chances are you (or someone within your family) will need one of us someday. If you can't tame that idiosyncrasy of yours, the Swede would be more than happy to help you out with that.

07-20-2007, 01:45 PM
cubans= pines increase in home value
cubans= nice homes
cubans= $
cubans=fine women
cubans=rhythm
cubans= everyone wants to be like us!

We own the nicest homes in the city and have the finest women to go along with it. We work in a dump like Hialeah but still manage to own homes in Pines while your officers live in our investment condo's(know several of them). It must suck to be an "Anglo" working for the city of Pines. 8)

07-20-2007, 04:06 PM
What must suck, mi amigo, is that your life is so shallow and non-existent that you have to come to another agnecy's forum and take shots at them. If your women were so fine (which they are not - all us white boys have banged more than a few of your prized hogs), then you would have other things to do there, Tony Montana.

I am grateful for the Cubans here. I get my lawn mowed for cheap, had my house painted for a great price, and one of your uncles did a terrific job laying tile in my bathroom. In that aspect, thank you for your contributions to American society.

Dude, Scarface was only a movie and the actor was Italian. Get over yourself.

07-20-2007, 09:03 PM
No, what must really suck is driving by all of your relatives every day mowing grass and fixing sprinklers in our beautiful city.

But don't worry about it, the world needs ditch-diggers!

Viva la Cuba!!!!

07-21-2007, 07:04 PM
thanks for the cuban sandwiches....but thats about it. all you damn chongs get out of here.

07-24-2007, 06:55 AM
YOU ARE ALL RETARDS!!!!! YES EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU, ESPECIALLY IF YOUR COPS. ARGUING WITH EACH OTHER OVER THIS STUPID S*%#.

02-12-2009, 01:48 PM
Repentido!!!!! Cubans took over Dade and we're close on conquering Broward! Keep on heading north anglos and exit Ocala. You'll meet up with the rest of your white trash friends and family

Is this how you plan on getting us to move out?

Former Hialeah cop charged with bank robbery
A son of a former Hialeah police chief and a cop himself was arrested Wednesday, accused of robbing a Hialeah BankAtlantic branch.

Former police officer's son sought in bank robbery
Related Content
Uncover weird news with the Crime Scene blog
Dade internal affairs chief busted for calling major under investigation
BY JOSE PAGLIERY AND JENNIFER LEBOVICH
jlebovich@MiamiHerald.com
The son of a police chief, Rolando A. Bolaños Jr. was trained as a police officer.

But on Monday, police say, he tried his hand as a bank robber.

He made off with $2,400 in cash, but left behind so much evidence, police say, it took little more than an hour to identify him.

By Wednesday, he was under arrest.

The former Hialeah police officer posted bond late Wednesday on a charge of strong-arm bank robbery at a BankAtlantic in Hialeah -- a city where he's well known by police, politicians and attorneys.

''We pretty much knew what we were working with within an hour of the bank robbery,'' said Detective Carl Zogby, a Hialeah police spokesman. ``He left behind enough evidence that led the detectives to know he was the suspect.''

Witnesses jotted down the license plate number on his black 2007 Mercedes-Benz. Surveillance video shows a man who resembles the former cop walking into the bank with a black baseball cap low over his face. He handed the teller a note demanding money, police said, and walked out with cash.

The married 36-year-old is the son of former Hialeah Police Chief Rolando Bolaños Sr., a man who was famous for single-handedly stopping bank robbers in 1996.

By late Tuesday, the younger Bolaños knew police were trying to arrest him and made arrangements to turn himself in, said his attorney, Sam Rabin.

Rabin said his client was not involved in the robbery.

''My client maintains his innocence, and we look forward to our day in court,'' Rabin said.

There are foreclosure proceedings against Bolaños, who works in real estate, and his wife, Mayelin, also a former Hialeah police officer.

Asked about whether his client was in foreclosure, Rabin said: ``I am unaware of the specifics of his financial situation, and there's certainly nothing in his financial situation that would drive him to rob a bank.''

EARLIER TROUBLE

The arrest comes five years after his last run-in with the law, when Hialeah police discovered Bolaños failed to disclose an auto-theft charge when he applied to join the department.

The officer narrowly escaped misdemeanor charges by surrendering his police certification on Jan. 5, 2004.

A year earlier, the police chief's other son, Daniel Bolaños, resigned from the police department as well. The Bolaños brothers were arrested for a 1998 police-brutality incident, and Daniel Bolaños later resigned under pressure from Miami-Dade prosecutors, who agreed to drop the two felony official misconduct counts.

After another incident in April 2003, a jury found both brothers violated a man's civil rights when they beat him during an arrest.

Daniel Bolaños released a statement on behalf of the family Wednesday afternoon asking for privacy and declining to comment on the alleged bank robbery.

''Our family has the utmost love and support for him during this difficult time,'' the statement read.

``We all believe in the justice system, and we are confident that the truth of the matter will be discovered in due course. We also believe that public statements regarding the case would serve no purpose.''

Here's what happened, according to the arrest warrant:

Bolaños walked into the bank at 7775 W. 33rd Ave. and showed the teller a note, demanding money and telling her not to include a dye pack or push an alarm.

He ''kept his right hand inside his jacket pocket as to indicate he was armed,'' read the warrant, prepared by Detective Mario Morales.

After getting the money, the robber asked for more.

''The victim then lifted a coin tray and showed it to the defendant asking him if he wanted the coins as well,'' the report said.

He said no, and left.

Witnesses took down the license plate and police were able to track down the suspect.

ARREST ARRANGED

Wednesday morning, detectives got in contact with Bolaños Jr. or someone close to him and arranged an arrest by 10:50 a.m.

However, Hialeah Councilman José Caragol said anyone who would have seen Bolaños would have recognized him. ''He's easy to find. Everyone knows who and where his wife and kids are,'' he said.

Caragol, who served as the city's spokesman for more than two decades while Bolaños' father was the police chief, said the chief took great care in raising his kids -- and that the bank-robbery charge was a shame.

The former police chief once had an impeccable record with the Florida Department of Law Enforcement, and during the violent and chaotic 1980s, he ran Hialeah's police department with an iron fist.

Years later, Bolaños Sr. admitted to lying under oath when he told prosecutors he did not know about his son's 1989 arrest for auto theft, which later caused his son trouble when he was accused of lying on his application to the police department.

At the time, the chief told a prosecutor, ``If it came down to saving my son or telling the truth, I would have been happy to lie.''

Bolaños Sr. was Hialeah's first Hispanic police chief, and he briefly gained fame for arresting three bank robbers who happened to rob a Hialeah bank just as he drove by.

02-14-2009, 05:42 PM
wow where the hell did this all come from, there is in now way that pines is racist. PPines has its share of people that arent very friendly but then again what department doesnt have that. I believe it is good to have spanish speakers in the department, you need them and there arent enough of them. it doesnt matter if your cuban, or puerto rican or w/e it doesnt matter, if your a spanish person than you are a value to the department, simple as that.

Plus spanish women are some of the prettiest around.

as for people who are cubans go, I believe the older people from cuba have to be the friendliest people around, its the younger generation who has the attitude along with all the others races, since we have everything in south florida.

03-15-2009, 05:08 PM
Nope but unless you're a native Indian your family came on a boat as well many years ago. But I guess you don't know your history. Oh I forgot you received your education at McArthur High.

Uh, no, they didn't come here illegally via boat. They came through Ellis Island legally & without getting any government help, read: food stamps, Section 8, etc. Plus they had to have a "sponsor" here. Someone who would vouch for them. More importantly, they learned the language. They didn't dictate that everything be put in their homeland language. And this country became THEIR country....so they didn't go around saying, "back in MY country." And they weren't rude enough to speak their native tongue in front of others who didn't understand the language. That is as rude as whispering in front of others. And no thank you to McArthur.........parochial school all the way. Speak for yourself. I guess you don't know your history.

03-17-2009, 10:39 AM

Uh, no, they didn't come here illegally via boat. They came through Ellis Island legally & without getting any government help, read: food stamps, Section 8, etc. Plus they had to have a "sponsor" here. Someone who would vouch for them. More importantly, they learned the language. They didn't dictate that everything be put in their homeland language. And this country became THEIR country....so they didn't go around saying, "back in MY country." And they weren't rude enough to speak their native tongue in front of others who didn't understand the language. That is as rude as whispering in front of others. And no thank you to McArthur.........parochial school all the way. Speak for yourself. I guess you don't know your history.

Holy crap, here we go again.

If your family did in fact come through Ellis Island, then YOU were not there. So YOU have no idea about how quickly they learned anything. YOU also have no idea about their manners, or if they would have liked to have something to read in whatever language they spoke. I'm sure their children (your parents or grandparents) spoke English, because they were born here.

Don't act as if you know something, when you were not there. You are like those people that act as if they know how to do our job because they watch 3 episodes of CSI every week.

...And what's wrong with McArthur?

By the way, do you have a problem with Americans wearing shirts and pins that say "Kiss me, I'm Irish"? There seem to be a lot of those Irish people this week going around proclaiming their allegiance to that foreign country. And by the way, they are speaking the language of THEIR country. :-p

03-17-2009, 02:09 PM
mcarthur is a school were slugs who wanna be cops come from, who the **** would put a criminial justice program inside of a school in that type of a shitty ass area like that, what a bunch of idiots.

03-19-2009, 02:27 PM

If your family did in fact come through Ellis Island, then YOU were not there. So YOU have no idea about how quickly they learned anything. YOU also have no idea about their manners, or if they would have liked to have something to read in whatever language they spoke. I'm sure their children (your parents or grandparents) spoke English, because they were born here.

Don't act as if you know something, when you were not there. You are like those people that act as if they know how to do our job because they watch 3 episodes of CSI every week.

By the way, do you have a problem with Americans wearing shirts and pins that say "Kiss me, I'm Irish"? There seem to be a lot of those Irish people this week going around proclaiming their allegiance to that foreign country. And by the way, they are speaking the language of THEIR country. :-p

What are you talking about? I didn't comment on McArthur, the previous poster did. But as far as "I wasn't there".....sorry, I was there as I am referring to MY GRANDPARENTS who were not born in this country & DID NOT SPEAK THEIR NATIVE TONGUE in front of others who didn't speak it, as it is considered rude. My parents speak both English & the other language....sorry, it's NOT IRISH...........Are you really that dense or just pretending to be?

03-19-2009, 02:28 PM

But, for what it's worth, do you really have to ask what is wrong with McArthur?

03-21-2009, 12:40 AM
no we dont have to ask whats wrong with mcarthur just listen in to the radio. area 1 units copy 76 for hollywood reference a 36 at mcarthur, or a 46 during the school hours or some stupid stuff like that. sit across the street when the school lets out you'll see exactly whats wrong with mcarthur. AND YET AGAIN ILL SAY THEY HAVE A CRIMINAL JUSTICE PROGRAM!!!!! COME ON! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!! yes teach the scrouts about the laws so they know how to get away with stuff. what a joke

04-08-2009, 08:44 PM
I understand that Pines does the B-pad. I was curious on how/who grades the B-pad test and what is the grading scale on that ? Thanks to anyone who could shed some light on this?

04-10-2009, 05:10 AM
I understand that Pines does the B-pad. I was curious on how/who grades the B-pad test and what is the grading scale on that ? Thanks to anyone who could shed some light on this?

Just answer the questions like a normal person would answer them.
They know you've never had training as a cop. They just want to make sure it doesn't look like Major Payne whooping the tar out of the abusive husband, or that you completely freeze up. Use your head (the one on your neck, that is).
Answers influenced by cops often lead to hesitation ("what did he say to do when they asked this"). Just go in with a free mind with no influences from us. I hate to put it that way, but that's the best way.

04-12-2009, 01:23 AM
Alright, That was definately interesting, I appreciated the advice cuz that was what I was not expecting. One thing for sure I did not threaten harm to anyone but my responses may have been a tad short . Who could I expect to grade this comedy show

04-12-2009, 10:05 AM
We play the video tapes at all of our line-ups and have a good laugh.
Just kidding. I have no idea who scores them. Don't worry about it though, we've all been there before.

06-01-2009, 02:14 AM
Hey Everyone,

I'm putting my application in tomorrow.

Any word on if you're hiring non-certified?

Thanks.

06-29-2009, 01:38 PM
How long is the process for a certified Leo?

06-30-2009, 09:11 PM
Too late Bro. We're hiring a couple of 19 year old favors.

07-17-2009, 02:57 AM
Just wanted to know if there is a hiring freeze in Pines right now.
I am in the process and heard talks of a hiring freeze but it was not confirmed and I just wanted to know if any current officers at Pines had the scoop.

-Thank You

07-21-2009, 08:19 PM
WORD IS THAT A HIRING FREEZE IS ON......