PDA

View Full Version : RUMORS

MOD 359
04-26-2007, 07:19 PM
As the Leoaffairs moderator for the Pembroke Pines site I would like to address some rumors I recently heard.
1st. The moderator is Captain Rakofsky and he's trying to find and track us and find out our personal e-mails. Well I'm not Captain Rakofsky and I am not of rank not even a sergeant, but I will remain anonymous. I am "just a Pines officer" and the only job I have is to make sure that the Terms of Use are followed. Please make yourself familar with the terms of use for the messageboard.

2nd. As it pertains to your identity and e-mails. I have NO access to your personal information, nor do I want to have access to your personal information. You should be able to post and stay anonymous.

No one should intimidate you or make you believe you will be tracked or "found out" This is your site to post and blow off steam as long as the Terms of Use are followed. You will always remain anonymous unless you identify yourself.

So please... POST and have fun and post information of interest, gripe, complain and yes stir the pot.

Note: The above being said, watch your computer use from your work computers. That we have no control over as far as being tracked.

MOD 1
04-26-2007, 07:40 PM
As the Leoaffairs moderator for the Pembroke Pines site I would like to address some rumors I recently heard.
1st. The moderator is Captain Rakofsky and he's trying to find and track us and find out our personal e-mails. Well I'm not Captain Rakofsky and I am not of rank not even a sergeant, but I will remain anonymous. I am "just a Pines officer" and the only job I have is to make sure that the Terms of Use are followed. Please make yourself familar with the terms of use for the messageboard.

2nd. As it pertains to your identity and e-mails. I have NO access to your personal information, nor do I want to have access to your personal information. You should be able to post and stay anonymous.

No one should intimidate you or make you believe you will be tracked or "found out" This is your site to post and blow off steam as long as the Terms of Use are followed. You will always remain anonymous unless you identify yourself.

So please... POST and have fun and post information of interest, gripe, complain and yes stir the pot.

Note: The above being said, watch your computer use from your work computers. That we have no control over as far as being tracked.

I just wanted to reiterate and expound on some of the things that MOD 359 said.

There are only 4 people who have access to IP addresses, these are staff personnel. No Board moderators have access to IP addresses. The only time that IP addresses are accessed, is if there is a severe enough Violation of the Terms of Use to consider banning the poster.

Even if anyone had access to IP addresses, all that they would be able to find out is what computer "Network" you were using. No personal information can be obtained just by knowing an IP address. This could be your ISP, a wireless network at a coffee shop, or even a governmental agency network. If you use a city computer, the IT can track the websites, dates and times that you access. If, and this is a big if, someone was able to obtain your IP address, your ISP would not release any information about you with out a court order.

LEO Affairs has previously won court cases preventing the release of IP addresses of Posters. LEO Affairs will continue to fight any attempt by agencies to obtain IP addresses.

If you register a user name, you can use any email address that you like. There are numerous free ones available where you can remain anonymous.

Mod 359 is not a member of your or any agencies administration. I have not been contacted by any member of your agency trying to get any information about posters.

Please feel safe knowing that your identity is unknown unless you make it known. Please use this board in accordance with the Terms of Use.

Thank you,

MOD 1