PDA

View Full Version : Confidentiality

04-26-2007, 04:59 AM
If someone is friends with a Certified deputy and they trust that deputy enough to tell them about something that has happened or is happening to them right now, Is that deputy required to do a report on it?

04-26-2007, 06:41 AM
IF IT IS OF A CRIMINAL NATURE, YES! OBLIGATED BY STATUE.

04-26-2007, 11:10 AM
I can only say that Scared4mysafty asks the oddest questions I ever heard. I have two questions for Scared4mysafety. Are you really employed with the CCSO, and if you are in what capacity? You do not need to be specific.

04-26-2007, 01:38 PM
Yes I do work for the CCSO. The whole reason for this board is to be able to ask questions and to not have to tell anyone who you are or which department you work in. The questions do not seem odd to someone who really would like answers to them.

04-26-2007, 06:58 PM
Here's some insightful advice for scared4mysafety. Stay out of the instant chat rooms. I mean stop right now. I'm not talking about this site. You're getting sucked into other peoples B.S. that you don't even know. You've had a tramatic experience that was a crime and you'd like to tell someone in person about it. You've talked to strangers online about it but that's not cutting it. Be careful involving one of us in this. We are required to do something about it. Am I close here?

04-26-2007, 10:57 PM
I been in that type of situation before. I went to a trusted supervisor who helped me a lot. If you work on the road, there are a few GREAT sargents in D1 and D2 that you can trust to help you and to do the right thing. Orcutt, Lauer, Martin are just a few of them. They can keep things confidential and still help you. If you are not in patrol I dont know what to tell you.

04-27-2007, 01:05 AM
I have been in a bad situation a couple of time in my career. The best advise I ever got was, "sometimes its tough to do the right thing, but you are obigated to do the right thing!" You know what the right thing is...don't you?

04-27-2007, 05:37 AM
Kristal,

I have no idea who you are or why you think I am talking to people in chat rooms about my problems. First off, I do not go in chat rooms. It's a waste of time and not something I enjoy. Secondly, I wouldn't involve anyone in my situation unless I was very good friends with them and felt like I could trust them. Yeah, if you must know...I did have a traumatic experience and yes I would like to tell someone in person. Do you have any idea what its like to not be able to tell someone something that is bothering you?

04-27-2007, 03:50 PM
try a bartender...it's worked for decades around here

JulieAnna
04-27-2007, 04:37 PM
I don't think going to talk to a bartender is the greatest idea in the world. However, I have found that there a few deputies out there who really do care and would love to be able to help out whoever they can. Trust me, been there- done that and I am glad I gave the idea of talking to a deputy a chance. It's really nice to know that when you are down or there is something occurring that you cant deal with, that all you have to do is find a deputy. :wink:

04-27-2007, 09:23 PM
you will find that most deputies have more in common with a bartender than an average citizen. besides being a bartender is a noble cause, or at least so mine tells me.