PDA

View Full Version : Watch Commanders

04-25-2007, 10:24 AM
Why do you address us from the back of the room during line up

making everybody rubberneck to listen.

The podium would be fine That's why it's there.

04-25-2007, 05:33 PM
Because most of them are not true leaders!!!
They are afraid to make a decision They do not want Sgts and D/S to do the job they can do and want to look for a way to get the call of there back as soon as possible…Remember when we acted like cops on the road we did not hand situations off to others…THE ROAD HANDLED THEIR BUSINESS!!!
As a Sgt working mids I would be on days if it were not for family reasons….
I can remember when the watch commander was (Lt Hill Lt E and Lt Delo)
Now those were leaders that took care of there own and let the road handle there business…..
ľ of the watch commanders now only wish they had the abilities of the subordinates….
With out a doubt most of the watch commanders are over paid vs their abilities!

04-26-2007, 07:24 PM
I don't know about all that.

I was just making a simple observation.

04-26-2007, 11:33 PM
Because most of them are not true leaders!!!
They are afraid to make a decision They do not want Sgts and D/S to do the job they can do and want to look for a way to get the call of there back as soon as possible…Remember when we acted like cops on the road we did not hand situations off to others…THE ROAD HANDLED THEIR BUSINESS!!!
As a Sgt working mids I would be on days if it were not for family reasons….
I can remember when the watch commander was (Lt Hill Lt E and Lt Delo)
Now those were leaders that took care of there own and let the road handle there business…..
ľ of the watch commanders now only wish they had the abilities of the subordinates….
With out a doubt most of the watch commanders are over paid vs their abilities!

obviously this guy is a sergeant who can't make it as a LT.

04-27-2007, 10:26 AM
A few of the Watch Commanders I Know show up first at the scene

And don't bust chops

04-29-2007, 03:43 AM
Like all positions, there are good and bad people. Unfortunately most of the watch commanders were poor sergeants.

04-29-2007, 03:00 PM
[quote="Anonymous"]Like all positions, there are good and bad people. Unfortunately most of the watch commanders were poor sergeants.

amen

06-07-2007, 06:24 PM
I think Sgt PJ would be a good watch comander. :mrgreen:

06-07-2007, 06:25 PM
Sorry mis-spell COMMANDER. :mrgreen:

06-08-2007, 12:01 AM
Thanks for the post PJ. Always good to toot your own horn.

06-08-2007, 03:34 AM
Nope Im not him just someone who thinks he will be a good LT. :mrgreen:

06-08-2007, 05:34 PM
I've worked with PJ He is 10-08 all he wants is D/S to 10-94 one another. PJ would be a good LT. Just don't get him started on his past in ocb, he loves to talk about the good old days.

06-09-2007, 08:02 PM
I've known PJ for years. I'd work with him or for him anyplace, anytime.

06-11-2007, 09:05 PM
P needs a lot more time as a Sergeant, before he can take that leap to Watch Commander. Once he becomes seasoned he will make a good Watch Commander. Not like a lot of them we now have. They are Sergeants, nothing more. But that is what happened during father Ed's regime when everyone who tested placed on the list. The last Lieutenant's list got down to the bottom .

06-11-2007, 10:52 PM
PJ could ahve been a Watch Commander without ever being a SGT he is as 10-8 as they get. Takes care of his people and takes care of business!