PDA

View Full Version : ACCREDITATION

04-25-2007, 02:21 AM
YOUR AGENCY HAS BEEN ACCREDITED BY THE FLEAC FOR SEVERAL YEARS. PPPD IS CURRENTLY WORKING TOWARDS ACCREDITATION.

IS IT A GOOD IDEA FOR THE OFFICERS OR JUST FOR THE ADMINISTRATION?

HAVE THERE BEEN ANY NEGATIVE ASPECTS? POSITIVE ASPECTS?

IF YOU HAD THE CHOICE, WOULD YOU WANT YOUR AGENCY ACCREDITED OR NOT?

04-25-2007, 10:00 PM
I know for one it supposed to protect you and your agency against liability.

04-27-2007, 11:03 PM
I am not sure there are any blatant negatives with accreditation. I do know the brass becomes a little more "stiff" about certain things. Like maintaining proper protocol about documentation and paperwork. CALEA comes by every three years and searches through all of the PD's files. Whatever they want to look at....I would think the only thing against patrol is that when they do come, they might ride with an ofc. If you are that one, you better make sure you know the high liab. SOPs and do everything right when at calls....i.e. wear traffic vests, complete appropriate paperwork, answer questions professionally....

All in all, accreditation is not really a bad thing.

05-05-2007, 09:51 PM
From an officer standpoint, accredidation does have it's benefits. True, it does make the brass a little more rigid about such topics as SOP's, equipment inspections, training, and general protocol. But though this can be a pain in the @ss sometimes, these are the things that will save your life one day.

For instance, when it comes to getting gear that you are required to have by accredidation standards, you can bet that supervisors will do their best to ge these things to you as soon as available. Whether this is because of a genuine concern of the safety of their officers or just a way of ensuring that the department maintains that nice plack on the wall, I dont know. But what I do know, is that accredidation maintains that your department keeps up with the standards which have been determined to be required to run an agency properly and of the upmost sefety.

In my opinion, accredidation is primarily a political ploy, which conveniently happens to benefit the everyday officer.

05-06-2007, 02:31 PM
Hey 287 now that accreditation is over you coming back to do some real work or did they brain wash you? :lol: See ya out there!

05-06-2007, 02:47 PM
287 you need to stay upstairs!! You got us take home cars what else can we get? How bout some $$$$. Surrounding agencies are way ahead of us now. Or, increase the amount of OT we can work. I know we have to wait for negotiations, lets not get screwed again.

05-08-2007, 03:08 AM
a joke we do a song and dance every 3 years nothing is as it is to be. We make up everthing as we go and the people doing the review dont have a clue WHAT A JOKE! There comes a time when u have to say there is nothing right with LPD when it comes to being in compliance. I could right a book on how this agency is substandard & how poorly trained their people are including supervisors, its not good! BUt I dont suppose it matters. UNPROFESSIONAL and it hurts to say this because I know how hard most of the officers try to d a great job. The officers in this department would do anything to be professional every day of the week. We need something that we presently dont haveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeee.

05-08-2007, 03:18 AM
Go back to the SO and learn how to spell and type correctly. Just because you could not make it though our FTO program does not give you the right to bash this agency. :twisted:

05-10-2007, 03:24 PM
We should put you in charge of the PD. You come across as very professional. I am sure that with your intelligence and skills , you could turn this place around in no time.

05-10-2007, 09:10 PM
Go write your book, I'm sure you'll get rich. NOT! Shut your pie hole and go to work. Mind your business and do your job. Let the people with more than a weeks time in service fight the battles that need be fought since you obviously have no idea what life is like.

05-11-2007, 03:16 AM
Thanks Bernice , and I do't mean u Bernice but with respect to my spelliing and typing I did that on purrrrrpose MORON If u ever spend as much time in school and working as I have some day u might understand! DAH

05-12-2007, 01:31 AM
ummm, ok. You may want to get with your doctor and see about getting those meds changed. It is nice that we hire the mentally handicapped though.

05-13-2007, 03:22 PM
Watch it Cobra Commander, We have many with mental issues here. As for you S.O. jack offs......real cops wear BLUE!!!

07-10-2007, 07:29 PM
Cobra commander? Gesh... Way too much GI Joe while U were growing up!