PDA

View Full Version : Scary

04-19-2007, 03:03 AM
I find it really scary and sad that there are actually deputies in our Agency that are taking advantage of women, especially while on duty. I thought I could trust the deputies I work with but now I am wondering who really is trustworthy. Is there a way to tell who you can trust and who you can't? :(

04-19-2007, 03:42 AM
You should be scared. If you only knew some of the stuff that some of my friends do, you'd be REAL scared.

04-19-2007, 03:43 AM
You CAN trust the deputies you work with. But you should also have some respect for the men and women you work with. Just because there are some guys/girls thet take advantage of the position they hold, i.e. deputies, s.w.a.t., acadamey instructors, DOES NOT mean we all do it.

If a he/she cheats on and lies to thier families how do we know they are not lieing to us? We don't. They will be found out eventually. Just hope they do the job the way it needs to be done until then. We all try to do what is expected of us. It is important to have the respect of your supervisor and co-workers than trying to "pick up" or "hit on" someone while on duty and in a way abusing your authority.

Actions speak louder than words. You will be able to tell who you can trust by how they treat you, the people you work with and the people we deal with.

04-19-2007, 09:14 PM
You're scared to work here? You should feel safer here than anywhere else. Do to the press sensationalizing everything for monetary gain, and the level of micromanagement that exists, you know everything about anything. It's the stuff that happens behind the closed doors of law firms or supermarket stockrooms that you don't hear about because it doesn't sell that you should really worry yourself about.
You should be more concerned about the Joe Blow pedophile checking your kids out while you clothes shop at the mall, or the serial rapist that is checking you out at the bookstore wondering if he should follow you home, than you should about what 1 dumb@ does here. There are WAY more wolves circling on the outside, than there are on the inside.

Paradise
04-20-2007, 02:44 AM
Another excellent post! Glad to see some reasonable thinking and expression of views.

No company or business will ever have 100% of their employees to be free from any conflict or wrong doing. On the average I am sure at least 10% of a companies total work force has something to hide, commits crimes against their employer. It appears that ONLY 1% of our members are in this catagory and to me those are pretty impressive odds considering all things.

I would rather have a few days of embarrasment due to bad press of firing another deputy than be working with one on a daily basis with no hope for disclosure of the bad apple or dismissal if uncovered. Look at New Orleans PD and some others when it comes to bad apples and corruption. I think we should look at the fact that we get rid of the bad apples instead of dwelling on the fact that we hired one.

04-20-2007, 07:40 AM
we get rid of some of the bad apples. lots of bad apples are now salaried and in positions of importance. some even had positions created for them. it all depends on what tree the bad apple was in at the time.

Paradise
04-20-2007, 01:35 PM
I think Ortino should be paying CCSO a "Finders Fee" for all of his new employees.

As hard as it is to find a qualified work force in this county, Ortino should be happy that we operate with zero tolerance for unethical behavior. At least he has a source for future employees.

04-21-2007, 02:08 AM
zero tolerance for unethical behavior. uh huh. right. i guess that depends on how unethical is defined, and WHO does the behavior. I know some don't like to hear me say it, but........... it's time for a new sheriff and a new administration.

04-21-2007, 12:23 PM
Is there an echo in here?

04-21-2007, 07:53 PM
Have sex with them all I say!! They even can cuff themselves to start off... lol!!!