PDA

View Full Version : WAKE UP CHIEF...

04-18-2007, 10:04 AM
SEVERAL OF THE NEWLY PROMOTED individuals ARE CREATING A HATFIELD AND MCCOY ATMOSPHERE. THEIR RANKS HAVEN'T EVEN BROKEN IN YET, AND THEY'VE CREATED MORE ENEMIES FOR THEMSELVES, AND PITTED OFFICERS AGAINST EACH OTHER MORE THAN ANY THREE FROM THE PREVIOUS REGIME. YOU'RE PROBABLY SAYING TO YOURSELVES THAT "IT'S JUST A FEW BAD APPLES" WRITING INTO THESE MESSAGE BOARDS. AND YOU ARE PROBABLY CONVINCED THAT THERE REALLY IS NO PROBLEM. THE PAINFUL TRUTH IS THAT YOU CAN'T HAVE THESE HYPOCRITES COUNSELING OFFICERS ON THINGS THAT THEY THEMSELVES WERE THE WORST VIOLATORS OF. IT STARTED TO LOOK LIKE WE WERE GONNA HAVE AN EXCELLENT COMMAND STAFF WHEN THE OLD REGIME BEGAN TO PETER OUT. BUT LITTLE BY LITTLE, CERTAIN PEOPLE WERE PROMOTED AND THAT PICTURE IS BEGINNING TO FADE. NOW YOU HAVE SHEEP IN WOLF'S CLOTHING WITH A PAPER RANK SLAPPED ON THEIR SHOULDERS OR COLLARS. THEY TELL OFFICERS THINGS LIKE "DON'T PRESENT YOURSELF AS A NAIL BECAUSE I WILL HAMMER YOU" AND GIVE THE CLEAR FEELING THAT THEY ARE BETTER THAN YOU. NOW THAT THEY HAVE RANK, THEY FEEL THAT THEY HAVE TO USE MORE COMPLICATED WORDS THAT MAKE THEM "SOUND MORE INTELLIGENT". ARE THESE GUYS GIVEN AN UN-ABRIDGED DICTIONARY WHEN THEY GET PROMOTED? BECAUSE IT SEEMS AS THOUGH THEY SPEND MORE TIME TRYING TO FIND NEW COMPLICATED WORDS, RATHER THAN READING UP ON HOW TO LEAD.
I MUST SAY THAT THE MAJORITY OF THE PROMOTIONS MADE IN THE PAST YEARS HAVE BEEN GOOD, AND WELL DESERVED. SOME WERE OFFICERS ON THE ROAD THAT REALLY DIDN'T PRODUCE STATS, BUT BECAME SERGEANTS THAT WERE VERY APPROACHABLE, AND WELL RESPECTED. OTHERS THAT WERE PROMOTED WERE REVERED AND ALREADY SEEN AS LEADERS. THIS MAJORITY IS STILL RESPECTED TO THIS DAY BECAUSE THEY HAVE NOT CHANGED. THE FEW IN QUESTION HOWEVER, WANT TO CHANGE EVERYTHING. THEY CONSTANTLY TELL YOU HOW TO DO YOUR JOB BETTER. HOW TO SHINE YOUR BOOTS. AND COMPLAIN TO the (CAPT) THAT A CERTAIN SHIFT DOESN'T WORK OUT.
THE BOTTOM LINE IS THIS. IF YOU WANT LOYAL, HARDWORKING OFFICERS THAT LOVE TO COME TO WORK, SOMETHING NEEDS TO LOOSEN UP. HOW DO YOU GUYS LIVE WITH YOURSELVES KNOWING THAT YOU FEW, ARE NOT LIKED BY THE MAJORITY OF THE DEPARTMENT?

Edited by Mod 1 to comply with Terms of Use. Words in Red are by Mod 1.

04-18-2007, 03:38 PM
Oh No!!! Who moved my cheese?!?!?!?!

04-19-2007, 06:00 AM
HOW DO YOU GUYS LIVE WITH YOURSELVES KNOWING THAT YOU FEW, ARE NOT LIKED BY THE MAJORITY OF THE DEPARTMENT?

Quite comfortably, actually.

04-19-2007, 04:12 PM
DON'T FORGET THAT SOME DAY YOU WILL BE RETIRED, AND THESE SAME OFFICERS YOU'RE TRYING TO SCREW WILL STILL BE COPS.

Edited by Mod 1 to comply with Terms of Use

adrift in pines
04-19-2007, 06:46 PM
DON'T FORGET THAT SOME DAY YOU WILL BE RETIRED, AND THESE SAME OFFICERS YOU'RE TRYING TO SCREW WILL STILL BE COPS.

Couldn't say it better FA Q, good job and good post!

04-19-2007, 07:51 PM
YOU WANNA BE A CALLED A HERO, GO TO THE FIRE DEPARTMENT. THEY PRETTY MUCH DO THE SAME THIMG YOU'RE DOING NOW.....STAGING IN THE AREA WHILE WE DO THE REAL WORK.

4Q2
04-19-2007, 09:58 PM
Oh No!!! Who moved my cheese?!?!?!?!

Dat nacho cheese,!

:twisted:

Edited by Mod 1 to comply with Terms of Use.

04-20-2007, 10:46 PM
WHERE'S THE IDIOTS WITH THE QUICK REPLIES? PROBABLY "PERUSING" THEIR DICTIONARIES FOR NEW WORDS.
OR READING UP ON THE POLICIES TO SEE WHAT ELSE THEY CAN GIG US ON.

04-20-2007, 10:55 PM
YOU WANT SOME REAL WORK? HOW ABOUT HANDING OUT AWARDS TO THOSE THAT HAVE EARNED THEM. NOT SLIMES THAT STOP EVERY SHADY LOOKING CAR THEY SEE WHILE THEY'RE SUPPOSED TO BE ON A CALL.
THIS METHOD OF SAVING ALL THE PAPERWORK UNTIL YOUR SHIFT IS OVER SO YOU CAN BANK MORE MONEY FOR THE OVERTIME, IS GOING TO BITE ALL OF US IN THE @$$ SOME DAY.
THANKS FOR LETTING IT GO ON SO LONG.

04-21-2007, 01:00 AM
I SHOULD DO A JOHN KERRY MOVE AND THROW ALL MY AWARDS ON THE GROUND IN FRONT OF THE P.D. THE ONLY DIFFERENCE WOULD BE IS THAT HE'S A COWARD DEMOCRAT, AND HE NEVER EARNED THEM.
THE LAST FEW YEARS HAVE PROVEN THAT YOU DON'T NEED A SPINE TO GET ONE. NOR DO YOU NEED TO SAVE SOMEONE'S LIFE (I.E. PROLONGED DEATH AWARD OR OTHERWISE KNOWN AS THE LIFE SAVING AWARD).
THE AWARDS COMMITTEE WILL TELL YOU THAT IT "HAS TO BE ABOVE AND BEYOND YOUR DUTIES". WELL MR TEXTBOOK, WHAT DO YOU CALL ALL THOSE B.S. MISDEMEANOR WEED ARRESTS WHERE THEY NOT ONLY PUT THEIR OWN LIVES IN DANGER, BUT THOSE WHO RESPOND AS BACKUPS AS WELL. WAY TO GIVE CREDIT WHERE CREDIT ISN'T DO.
OH YEAH, AND THANKS FOR GIVING THE IDIOTS FROM HIALEAH SOMETHING TO TALK ABOUT.

04-21-2007, 09:15 PM
"like anyone can get promoted here!!!"

Isn't that what the Union bargained for? Honestly, that was a pretty dumb comment. The only ones not getting promoted then must be total idiots instead of just run of the mill idiots that are getting promoted? I mean using your logic anyhow. Wow, that's crazy.

I'm in agreement about the Awards committee though. :evil:

04-23-2007, 05:59 PM
WE NEED MORE UNITY IN THE DEPT AND LESS YOUR GOATEE IS NOT PERFECTLY TRIMMED.

04-27-2007, 01:25 AM
Quoted text removed by Mod 1 to comply with Terms of Use

Maybe if you lazy a@@ peices of sh@t got your heads out of each others butt's and did some police work yourself you wouldn't have to handle other peoples zones... Don't get your gun belts in a bundle because you forgot how to turn your lights on or advise on the radio other then going 40. As for good old Dan just suprised to see he hasen't lost his job yet I guess he finally learned how to play the game.

04-27-2007, 06:38 PM
Maybe if you lazy a@@ peices of sh@t got your heads out of each others butt's and did some police work yourself you wouldn't have to handle other peoples zones... Don't get your gun belts in a bundle because you forgot how to turn your lights on or advise on the radio other then going 40. As for good old Dan just suprised to see he hasen't lost his job yet I guess he finally learned how to play the game.
YOU IDIOT!!!! IF WE DIDN'T HANDLE THE CALLS IN OTHER ZONES, WHO WOULD? I MEAN YOU COULD CONTINUE TO HOLD THE CALL UNTIL THE NEXT SHIFT GOES IN SERVICE (REGARDLESS OF HOW LONG THAT MAY BE). AND YES, IF THERE WERE TIME BETWEEN CALLS WE WOULD BE "DOING REAL POLICE WORK". WE'RE NOT THE ONES WHO GO 10-50 WHILE ENROUTE TO A DROWNING, DOMESTIC, OR EVEN A ROUTINE BACK-UP. THESE ARE THE SAME GUYS THAT STOP CARS BEFORE AND AFTER HANDLING CALLS WHILE CAD (WHEN IT WAS WORKING) STILL SHOWED THEM ON THE CALL. SOMETIMES THEY WERE OFF THE CALL SO LONG, THEY FORGOT BY THE TIME THEY ADVISED 10-50. HOW MANY TIMES HAVE YOU HEARD THE DISPATCHER STATE "I STILL SHOW YOU ON A ---. CAN YOU ADVISE A CODEOUT". OR HOW MANY TIMES HAVE YOU HEARD THEM ADVISE A CODEOUT, A TRAFFIC STOP, AND A REQUEST FOR A 73 ALL DURING THE SAME TRANSMISSION? IF THEY'RE DOING THIS AND ASKING FOR A 73 CASE, THEY'VE PROBABLY STOPPED ALMOST TEN CARS AT THIS POINT.
SO ASK YOURSELF THIS. ARE YOU ONE OF THESE GUYS, WHO DON'T ADVISE YOUR TRAFFIC STOPS WHILE SUPPOSEDLY ON A CALL? AND ARE YOU ONE OF THOSE THAT WHEN THE $#!T HITS THE FAN ON YOUR STOP, YOU START SCREAMING ON THE RADIO FOR BACKUP BUT HAVE NO IDEA WHERE YOU ARE?
JUST REMEMBER, THE GUY THAT WOULD'VE BEEN CLOSEST TO BACK YOU UP IS NOW IN YOUR ZONE HANDLING THAT CALL YOU SHOULD'VE HANDLED.
THANKS FOR USING ME AS YOUR STEPPING STONE SO YOU CAN LOOK GOOD.

04-28-2007, 12:46 AM
Nothing to do with your topic.
I'm fellin kinda dumb, I just got your screen name...FA Q, and 4Q2.
Priceless, you owe me a new pair of shorts.
:shock: My hats off to both of you, :roll:

04-28-2007, 01:31 AM
Well just like the rest of us on this job we all know how to get around the system. If you feel what there doing is such a horrible thing then next time you go enroute 40 while your order your food think about it... One way or another everyone has their flaws and everyone has a different view on what they should be doing. Long and short its sad when you have these officers thinking and seconding guessing if you HATERS are going to have their back when the shit hits the fan and they need someone. Im a supporter of giving credit where credit is due and to be honest I commend these men for noticing that their is a major issue with sig. 57 in this city and stepping up to the plate and doing something about it. When was the last time any of you took it into your own hands to try and change the f'd up society we live in and protect. Just a reminder were all playing on the same team if I remember correctly.

SPEAK THE TRUTH
04-28-2007, 06:40 AM
Well just like the rest of us on this job we all know how to get around the system. If you feel what there doing is such a horrible thing then next time you go enroute 40 while your order your food think about it... One way or another everyone has their flaws and everyone has a different view on what they should be doing. Long and short its sad when you have these officers thinking and seconding guessing if you HATERS are going to have their back when the shizzat hits the fan and they need someone. Im a supporter of giving credit where credit is due and to be honest I commend these men for noticing that their is a major issue with sig. 57 in this city and stepping up to the plate and doing something about it. When was the last time any of you took it into your own hands to try and change the f'd up society we live in and protect. Just a reminder were all playing on the same team if I remember correctly.

UP & COMMING,

If your comparing going 40 to not advising a traffic stop, your an idiot!!! What these officers are doing is unsafe for them and for their back-ups, who have to response code 3 when they start screaming. Yes we all have flaws and different views, but officer safety comes first. As far as the signal 57 arrests, if you think arresting a person for a seed or a roach is going change the drug problem, it's not!!!! The only thing that happens with these arrests, is that it takes away from our court system handling more important cases.

04-28-2007, 12:55 PM
One of the best contracts in the county yet the sky always finds a way to fall.

Every agency has their slugs and bulletproof heroes...just be thankful with what you have and that you work in candyland.

04-28-2007, 06:01 PM
HEY UP & COMING,
I LIKED YOUR FIRST FEW POSTS BUT YOUR COMMENTS ON THESE TWO ARE WRONG. IT LOOKS AS THOUGH WE CAN'T CHANGE YOUR MIND ON THAT. IT'S APPARENT YOU HAVEN'T BEEN IN A NEIGHBORING ZONE AND SCREWED BY THEM YET. WE CAN ALL RECITE INSTANCES WHERE IT WAS CLEAR THAT THEY DIDN'T WANT TO HANDLE THE TYPE OF PAPERWORK ASSOCIATED WITH THE CALL THEY WERE DISPATCHED TO. THIS IS WHEN THEY DO THEIR TRAFFIC STOPS.
OTHER THAN WARRANT ARRESTS, ON VIEWED DRUG ARRESTS (ON TRAFFIC STOPS) ARE ONE OF THE EASIEST TO DO. IF THEY WERE MAKING ALL THE ARRESTS FOR D.U.I. THEN IT WOULD PROBABLY BE AN OTHER STORY. DOMESTICS AND D.U.I.'S ARE TWO MISDEMEANORS I NEVER HEAR THEM MAKE AN ARREST FOR. IF THEY HAVE, THEY ARE SO FAR AND FEW BETWEEN TO REMEMBER. THAT'S BECAUSE OF ALL THE PAPERWORK, AND TAPED STATEMENTS THEY WOULD HAVE TO TAKE INCLUDING ANYTHING ELSE THE SAO HAS THOUGHT UP.
I DON'T WANT TO TRY AND CHANGE YOUR VIEWS OR BASH YOU BECAUSE IT SEEMS YOUR IDEAS ARE PRETTY MUCH IN THE SAME DIRECTION AS THE REST OF US WHEN IT COMES TO CERTAIN ADMINISTRATORS. JUST LISTEN UP ON THE RADIO MORE OFTEN WHEN THEY'RE WORKING. YOU MAY NOT HEAR IT IN THE NEAR FUTURE IF THEY ARE ON THIS SITE. AS IN MANY TIMES BEFORE WHEN OFFICERS AND SERGEANTS (FACE TO FACE) POINTED OUT HOW THEY WERE WRONG BY THE WAY THEY WERE DOING THINGS, THEY CHANGED FOR A WEEK OR TWO. THEN THEY WERE BACK AT IT.

04-29-2007, 03:14 AM
CAN WE DO A VOTE OF NO CONFIDENCE ON A CAPTAIN?

05-02-2007, 06:37 PM
I WOULD LOVE THE CHANCE TO GIVE MY VOTE OF NO CONFIDENCE. IN THE END THOUGH, YOU'LL BE TOLD THAT NO ONE ELSE REALLY SHOWED DISSATISFACTION FOR HIM. THAT'S BECAUSE ONLY CERTAIN PEOPLE (@$$ KISSERS AND PROBATIONARY PERSONNEL) WOULD BE ASKED AS ON SEVERAL OCCASIONS IN THE PAST. ATTEMPTS WILL BE MADE TO CONVINCE YOU THAT YOU ARE WRONG. THE FINAL ANSWER WILL BE "WELL WE HAVE A REALLY GOOD CONTRACT" AS IF TO JUSTIFY THE REASON FOR HIS AGITATION.
I DON'T RECALL ANYONE FROM THE RANK OF SERGEANT AND ABOVE THAT HAS EVER RECEIVED THIS MUCH NEGATIVITY, OR CAUSED THIS MANY WAVES. IS THERE ANYONE THAT HAS EVEN COME CLOSE?

05-02-2007, 09:07 PM
You are so right Elwood. Not even during the reign of terror of guys like Yetto, Schelling, Demma or Nasta did any of them cause this much turmoil. Everything this person does crumbles apart and he continually finds a way to piss off everyone.

I have heard that this place is like a kindergarten. Well, here's a clue, quit treating us like children and that perception will probably change. The juvenile antics occur well above the officer level. When the whole command staff finds themselves having to watch each others backs from other command staff, there is a problem much larger than just low morale.

Even during the times of those listed above, people still enjoyed coming to work. Think about when this person shows his fabulous powerpoints and all the time that is shown that people take off. Why do you think that is? Nobody wants to come to work anymore. We don't have a shortage of officers, we have a shortage of officers who want to come to work.

Make it fun again and the supervisors dont have to worry about if someone is working out or doing their job.

Perfect example: when you have guys like Gort and Grant who have basically given up because of one person, then it is time to "move the cheese"!

05-06-2007, 01:52 AM
DOES THE ORAL INTERVIEW HELP OR HURT THE PROCESS OF BEING SELECTED?

SEMPERFI
05-06-2007, 11:49 PM
Hey eatin cheese you definately are" born again hard": (Marine quote). You hit it right on the nail head. You have to enjoy this line of work to put it on the line everyday (as we all do, numbers or not) Lately with the numbers game and the power point presentations, it is definately a let down to the troops. In a so called para military organization, leaders should be looked upon for guidence and help during bad times and good.
But it seems like the well being of the troops is the last thing that is being considered. Instead of being highly looked upon, its more like being highly looked out for. Its hard to understand why someone with so much power and the ability to bring the troops together as a fighting force to be reckond with, instead always finds flaws within the ranks. Men who are treated like men will act accordingly. Men who are treated like unorganized grab asses will act accordinly.
SEMPER FI

SEMPERFI
05-07-2007, 05:50 AM
Im sorry for my last post, I spoke as an individual but this dept has an assorted list of military personnel. Army, Navy, Marine Corps, Coast guard. Many of the new officers who we have are combat vets.
We have some vets that have been honored by there units and the city as well. Rangers, recon rangers. navy corpsmen and grunts. We all served and serve today. We all believe we are as strong as our weakest link, THAT is the military personnel. My commander and chief now sits silent but the ceiser of road patrol without :: one step on :continues to direct personnel who have a wealth of knowledge
Every one of us would and will give everything we have for this dept. thats why we are here. Put some trust in ur rank and file, you will be suprised, thats why we are here, to serve and protect, EACH OTHER!!!

05-07-2007, 09:20 AM
WE RESPECT THE RANK. JUST NOT ALWAYS THE PERSON THAT HOLDS THAT RANK.

05-07-2007, 07:51 PM
I HOPE THE DELETED POSTS WERE HITTING LIKE DAGGERS.

06-04-2007, 04:49 AM
Dan Rakofsky is the best Pembroke Pines cop ever. All of you should go f--k yourselves. If you don't like professionalism then quit!

08-23-2007, 09:29 PM
Chief, if you don't wake up and take control, you just might meet the same fate as John Timoney

08-23-2007, 10:14 PM
Capt R. professional, you've got to be in a coma, wake up snap out of it, ask Dade County School Board, FHP and Miramar, they will tell you about his professionalism.

08-25-2007, 01:41 AM
Capt R. professional, you've got to be in a coma, wake up snap out of it, ask Dade County School Board, FHP and Miramar, they will tell you about his professionalism.

I second the motion for a vote of no confidence!

08-25-2007, 07:45 PM
Dan Rakofsky is the best Pembroke Pines cop ever. All of you should go f--k yourselves. If you don't like professionalism then quit!

Capt. LD is that you?

09-12-2007, 02:04 PM
Wow! After Neal got you guys beards I thought everything there would be wonderful. You all sound like our PBA reps. Cops have been complaining about the same things you are complaining about since they posted the first guard outside the cave. Nice to know other departments have officers just as petty as ours.

09-12-2007, 02:15 PM
Wow! After Neal got you guys beards I thought everything there would be wonderful. You all sound like our PBA reps. Cops have been complaining about the same things you are complaining about since they posted the first guard outside the cave. Nice to know other departments have officers just as petty as ours.

Get off probation, work a year or two, then come back to PPPD website.

09-13-2007, 03:47 PM
I agree with the Hallandale guy (and I have 25+ years). I read these post to re-assure myself that other places are just as petty. Must be rough there in Pines now that you guys are actually dealing with crime too. Not like the old days when you had to ask your sgt. permission to make arrests.

09-13-2007, 05:09 PM
I agree with the Hallandale guy (and I have 25+ years). I read these post to re-assure myself that other places are just as petty. Must be rough there in Pines now that you guys are actually dealing with crime too. Not like the old days when you had to ask your sgt. permission to make arrests.

You also have 25 years as what, defiantely not A LEO you too stay off this website if your from Hallandale go play some slot machines and win a few dimes. And yes we still have to ask SGT's to make an arrest. Your next arrest will be your first if in fact you are a LEO which I seriously doubt.

09-14-2007, 04:02 AM
[quote="Hallandale WHO"][quote="Another guest"] And yes we still have to ask SGT's to make an arrest. quote] No, we don't.

09-15-2007, 02:11 PM
Dude I've been make arrests when you were filling your diapers. Which was probably the other day when Labeet came to your town. Oh, and I can spell too.

09-15-2007, 02:22 PM
Dude I've been make arrests when you were filling your diapers. Which was probably the other day when Labeet came to your town. Oh, and I can spell too.

Mr. Another Guest

Don't say things on our website which embarasses you and whatever department you work for. Your next arrest will be your first if in fact you are a LEO which I seriously doubt. "DUDE" what is that you must work for some HICK Town . Talk about spelling how about your grammar "make arrests" thats proper grammer, how about "making arrests". Stay off our website, PPPD did a professional job this day sending numerous officers and supervisors to the seen, on their own time and secondly when he Labeet was in our city we and other departments got the job done. So stick your "make arrests" where the sun don't shine "DUDE"

09-15-2007, 08:08 PM
"...to the seen"

Uh, that would be scene.

MOD 1
09-16-2007, 05:12 AM
Some posts were previously edited. Some have been deleted.

Mod 1

09-19-2007, 02:17 AM

Instead of Taurus you should have named yourself Jack-Ass. Quitting is not an option, but exposing dipshits has become a pasttime around here. If only people who had the nutz to do something about it would read these posts, then observe themselves, instead of sticking their head in the sand and wishing it all away...Wake up Admin, you won't have Pat Lynn holding your hand much longer then what will you do? Segarra is being silenced and Hall wants change but can't muster enough support. They're our only hope for long term consistency...

09-20-2007, 12:36 AM
Golt is now in charge...everything's gonna be ok...maybe the Chief was with OJ in Vegas and he won't get bail.