PDA

View Full Version : Deputy fired

04-17-2007, 10:11 PM
Is anyone else just about tired of hearing about another deputy being fired third party? Another story in the NDN today and and yet again I have citizens asking about it or making comments about it and I have no idea what they are talking about. Why not a little information on these things before they hit the media? This cat was fired 3 months ago! and for some pretty embarrassing stuff! Check the PRB closed case files and all you get is last years news. When the appeal is over, tell the story, to us!!! Then hand it over to the media and we'll have an educated agency AND public.

04-17-2007, 10:17 PM
I agree. I only know the basic's of this case because I worked with this deputy. Even so, I still don't know any of the details (like what was given to the NDN). I have people asking me questions also. When they ask I am caught off guard and embarassed. A simple email outlining the firing would have been nice.

04-17-2007, 10:51 PM
How come Jake felt up Hoppy and didn't get fired.

04-17-2007, 11:50 PM
Lack of a credible witness...

04-18-2007, 01:20 AM
I witnessed it and I thought it was hot. Hoppy looked like he was turned on. Never in a million years would I think Jake liked touching fat men.

04-18-2007, 07:49 AM
How come Jake felt up Hoppy and didn't get fired.JAKE EVER FEELS ME UP, WE WILL BOTH BE IN PRB!

04-18-2007, 06:40 PM
I would suspect PRB cases will slow down now. Election year is right around the corner and there has been enough negative press to last a year. People are starting to think Hunter is the cause of this non sense. I know better, but the public votes for the Sheriff, I have only one of the many votes. I think it is time for some of the veteran cops to step up and start putting people in their place. If a rookie cop is acting foolish, I think the vet's need to let them know it will not be tolerated. Lets hold each other accountable.

04-18-2007, 11:07 PM
The suggestion above should not only be done around election time BUT ALL THE TIME. The problem is that PRB is looking for reasons to validate their jobs. So molehills become mountains.

Certain places need to have extra attention now. Drunk drivers, parking lot problems, etc are now mountains in my book, instead of molehills.

04-19-2007, 12:20 AM
here's a suggestion=problems don't stem from the bottom. you will find that street level workers treat the people around them as they get treated by palace holders. if the king believes he can do what he wants, his underlings will follow his lead. they can't exert power over the king, so they exert it over the weaker ones around them.

04-19-2007, 02:00 AM
I'M LOOKING TO APPLY WITH YOU GUYS AS AN OFFICER. I WORK FOR THE HIALEAH POLICE DEPT FOR THE PASS 5 YEARS(MIAMI). I'M A CUBAN AMERICAN. I'LL BE MOVING TO LEE HIGH, WHEN EVER THEY FINISH MY HOUSE. LET ME KNOW A LITTLE INSIDE ON THE DEPT. I THINK THE BEST INSIDE WOULD BE FROM YOU GUYS. THANKS

04-19-2007, 03:39 AM
The first thing you need to do is learn to spell. Then apply, make sure if you've ever even smelled a marijuana cigarette you tell them up front. The poly guy will probably fail you anyway, as he does everyone else. Maybe you can get through it. Good luck.

04-19-2007, 06:33 AM
Want to work here well don't ever mention the word

UNION

also forget about your First Amendment rights.

04-19-2007, 07:35 AM
ANOTHER BAD APPLE, WAIT TILL THE STORY COMES OUT ABOUT THE JAIL DEPUTY WHO GOT ARRESTED YESTURDAY! THIS HAS GOT TO STOP, WHY SO MANY BAD APPLES?

04-19-2007, 10:04 AM
another arrested?

04-19-2007, 04:37 PM
Great, another deputy got arrested? And none of us know about it? Guess we will just have to wait until the media tells us once again. I love getting all of my information about my place of employment from an outside source (espically the news).

You know, back when I first was hired in 2000 (showing how long I have been around), we didn't have ALL the problems with deputies getting arrested. I was told about how hard it was to get hired by CCSO, and was even surprised I was hired. Since then, it seems that the hiring standards have been lowered to let all of these bad apples in. I know we have been short staffed in some areas, but is this the way to go about it? Letting bad apples into the agency just hurts everyone in the long run. When news of a deputy gets arrested, I am almost ashamed to tell people what I do for a living.

THESE BAD APPLES GETTING HIRED HAS GOT TO STOP!!!

04-19-2007, 08:42 PM
So many frowns. Try and look at the bright side, more o.t.. :D

04-19-2007, 10:02 PM
civilians who do not know about policing or being a cop, hiring cops. agency membetrs reading about this stuff in the newspaper rather than being informed by the admin. time for a new sheriff and a new administration. things will improve when this happens.

04-20-2007, 01:28 AM
I HAVE BEEN WITH THIS AGENCY FOR OVER TWO DECADES AND HAVE SEEN ALOT. THIS AGENCY FIRED 17 PEOPLES LAST YEAR! THE ONES I KNOW OF SEEMED TO BE FOR GOOD REASONS. IT SEEMS ODD THAT OTHER PLACES HIRE THEM AFTER WE FIRE THEM! CONFLICTED, SAD, AND CONFUSED! THE OLD DAYS ARE LONG GONE. I AM CLOSE TO RETIREMENT, HAVE AN OUTSTANDING POSITION, GET PAID WELL, AND HAVE GREAT COWORKERS, HOWEVER SEEM TO BE MORE NERVOUS THAN EVER ABOUT DOING THE WRONG THING OR MAKING THE WRONG DECISION. I HAVE BEEN INVOLVED IN SEVERAL (I.A.'S), BOTH AS SUBJECT AND WITNESS AND HAVE HAD TO TAKE MULTIPLE POLYGRAPHS. HOWEVER I AM NOT A BAD APPLE AND HAVE ALWAYS BEEN CLEARED AND CONTINUED FORWARD. THE ONLY THING THAT I CAN SAY IS DO EVERYTHING IN GOOD FAITH AND WHAT IS REASONABLE AND AS HISTORY HAS SHOWN THINGS SHOULD WORK OUT. BAD APPLES ARE ALWAYS OUT THERE, I ONLY WISH THAT PRIVATE INDUSTRIES HAD HALF THE ETHICS AND INNER CORE BALANCES THAT MOST OF THIS AGENCY HAS!

Paradise
04-20-2007, 02:35 AM
Well said THREE DIGIT. I agree!

Ten8hotel
04-20-2007, 03:26 AM
Here I am, stunned again by the 2300 news about ANOTHER deputy that has embarrassed himself and this agency by an alleged act in the jail. What is going on here? The sheriff must be pulling his hair out. This just tops it. Words just don't come to mind that are fit to post. I can only hope that returning to work after RDO's I can represent the sheriff in a manner that may reign in some of the public mistrust and shock at this recent incident. We may not recover from this for a long time.

04-20-2007, 06:12 AM
Now THERE is an instance, where I'd just LOVE to be a fly on the Sheriff's office wall, when he was first told of that one. WHEW!

04-20-2007, 07:52 AM
You could ask a few on this board about his reaction to the news since several on here seem to spend most of their time up his rear end. Go ask the two biggest brown nosers, Parasite and Georgie.

04-20-2007, 11:17 AM
I just can't understand anyone throwng away a career over an inmate. I'm just glad he was found out now before he was knocking them up and they were giving birth to little baby inamtes.

Paradise
04-20-2007, 01:28 PM
You could ask a few on this board about his reaction to the news since several on here seem to spend most of their time up his rear end. Go ask the two biggest brown nosers, Parasite and Georgie.

YUP, thats me. A happy brown noser who supports the Sheriff and enjoys my job. That beats being a person who is miserble and supports Ortino.

Life is about attitude and choices. Don't be "Hatin" and name calling (Parasite) just because I was able to come up with an original screen name and you had to use the Sherrif's name spelled backwards :lol:

04-20-2007, 06:22 PM
I just can't understand anyone throwng away a career over an inmate. I'm just glad he was found out now before he was knocking them up and they were giving birth to little baby inamtes. Ooooo, there's a fun idea. Try taking his booking photo, her booking photo, and use the face reconstruction program to figure out what their kids would have looked like! :shock: + :x = :twisted:

04-20-2007, 07:07 PM
Guest Relations,

Thats a classic. That is the best laugh I have had all week! Great analogy with the icons. Oh man I am still laughing!

Thanks

04-23-2007, 10:59 AM
Your welcome.

veteranrookie
04-25-2007, 08:11 PM
I'm glad to see that even our line of work there is a form of natural selection. Thank God stupid people can't help but make themselves known. It sure didn't take a whole lot for PRB to prove this case, huh? He made it easy for them.

04-26-2007, 03:28 AM
CUBS1615, this is the second post from you that I have had to remove due to violations of the Terms of Use Agreement. Any further posts of this nature will be forwarded to the SYS MOD for review and possible removal from this site.

This post was removed due to violation of the Terms of Use Agreement. Please read the following so there is no misunderstanding about our Terms of Use. You are free to post your views or opinions as long as it meets what you have agreed to by participating on this site:

This is not a SLAM site and the Forums should be used constructively. Messages (anonymous or not) accusing anyone (including political candidates) of wrong doing (and/or criminal accusations) without substantial proof or reference are subject to deletion. Use your REAL name unless the need for an Anonymous Message is warranted. Messages not requiring Anonymous status, but being abused, are subject to deletion by System Moderators. Anonymous Messages are not granted the same right to exist that properly identified Messages are. Failure to comply can result in Message deletion and/or access blockage.

Here's an opportunity to voice your opinion, ask questions, become more informed, make a stand or engage in a healthy debate.

Mod 167

04-26-2007, 04:20 AM
This post was removed due to violation of the Terms of Use Agreement. Please read the following so there is no misunderstanding about our Terms of Use. You are free to post your views or opinions as long as it meets what you have agreed to by participating on this site:

This is not a SLAM site and the Forums should be used constructively. Messages (anonymous or not) accusing anyone (including political candidates) of wrong doing (and/or criminal accusations) without substantial proof or reference are subject to deletion. Use your REAL name unless the need for an Anonymous Message is warranted. Messages not requiring Anonymous status, but being abused, are subject to deletion by System Moderators. Anonymous Messages are not granted the same right to exist that properly identified Messages are. Failure to comply can result in Message deletion and/or access blockage.

Here's an opportunity to voice your opinion, ask questions, become more informed, make a stand or engage in a healthy debate.

Mod 167

04-26-2007, 04:27 AM
So, What level dungeon master are you guys??

04-26-2007, 11:02 AM
Dungeon masters does'nt have levels.....dork.........ha ha ha ha ha...thats great....This one time, at band camp.....hoo ahh

Ten8hotel
04-26-2007, 07:40 PM
You gotta love the drone! :lol:

04-27-2007, 03:54 AM
Obviously what I have to write about donny and his cronnies will not be read here. What I wrote last night was not out of line. It probably would have shut a few donny lovers up. For those who remember a few years ago, donny had an internal anonymous agency blog for those who wished to question his dictatorship. But with anonymity on our side we dared to question donny on issues of his and his cronnies' integrity. (prb hid the undy). When donny could not respond with answers that would not incriminate himself and/or his cronnies, THE BLOG WAS ENDED IMMEDIATELY!!!!!

For those who are reading this to see if the CCSO is a good place to work, I have this to say...Don't do it!!! Most of us look at being a cop the same way. Here in donny's world it is not looked at the same way. All I ever wanted to be was a cop. I left another state and went to Collier with hope that it would be a great police department. For the first several years it was a good place (started end of 97'). I received some excellent training (hell of a SWAT team) and learned how to be a decent street cop. But the CCSO is NOT a police department. It doesn't care what kind of cop you are, like that "three digit" guy said, donny (more so his cronnies) want robots not cops. There is no officer discretion at the CCSO, just do what donny tells you!!

The CCSO is a J#*@. I wasted eight years. Now working for a real police department, the grass was alot greener on the other side. If you are looking for a place that's %50 cops and %50 guys in uniform that don't care about a brotherhood but only care about going to COMSTAT and saying "donny look at me, look at me, look what I've done for you this week, promote me to Commander", the CCSO is the place for you!

04-27-2007, 04:39 AM
Cubs1615 states:

For the first several years it was a good place (started end of 97'). I received some excellent training (hell of a SWAT team) and learned how to be a decent street cop.

Then he says:

I wasted eight years. Now working for a real police department.

Hmmmm… I am confused. Which is it? You received excellent training from CCSO and learned to be a decent street cop or did you waste 8 years of your life at CCSO?

Or do you consider getting excellent training to be a good cop a waste of your life?

04-27-2007, 03:11 PM
DEAR EINSTEIN, TIME ON THE JOB IS EVERYTHING!! IT WAS A WASTE OF EIGHT YEARS DUE TO THE FACT THAT I HAD TO START ALL OVER!!REGARDLESS OF THE TRAINING. PRETTY SIMPLE!!

04-27-2007, 03:49 PM
cubs1615 for sheriff

04-27-2007, 05:11 PM
DEAR EINSTEIN, TIME ON THE JOB IS EVERYTHING!! IT WAS A WASTE OF EIGHT YEARS DUE TO THE FACT THAT I HAD TO START ALL OVER!!REGARDLESS OF THE TRAINING. PRETTY SIMPLE!!WHY START OVER, REGROUP, COMPLY, AND MAINTAIN RETIREMENT STATUES! SUCCESS! I HAVE SEEN GOOD MEN HAVE ISSUES, GET HAMMER'D, REGROUP, AND MOST HAVE NEGOCIATED THE SHERIFFS SYSTEM AND EITHER HAVE BEEN PROMOTED OR HAVE A GOOD POSITION WITHIN THIS AGENCY.

P.S. I FEEL I AM IN THIS CATAGORY, A SECURED RETIREMENT AT THE
END IS A BLESSING IN TODAYS WORLD. SUCCESS!

veteranrookie
04-27-2007, 05:11 PM
I think I can understand (somewhat) what cubs1615 is saying. I can tell you after 10 years in the Army, the farther I moved up the ladder away from just being a soldier and closer to becoming an admin puke I hated it. It sucks when you see an organization in a certain light as young soldier and learn as you get deeper into it's operational component that there is a darker side to what you thought was the best outfit. This could probably be said about every organization that has a chain of command.

That's why I'm just enjoying being the rookie, and I will try to hang on to this feeling as long as I can here, and try to surround myself with professionals who just enjoy being a cop.

I know one thing, I can't afford to fall for the "grass might be greener" trick. 'Ol Don is paying me pretty damn good as a noob.

04-27-2007, 09:21 PM
hey vetrook...wait for it.....bohica

04-29-2007, 07:05 PM
Some people here are starting to sound like the pot smoking hippies in Hollywood who spend more time bashing the President than supporting our troops.

We work for a political organization. People get appointed. There are people in admin making decisions about the jail and road patrol who never worked either one. Not much we can do about that. If you don't like it you can do what cubs1615 did and so many others, go work someplace else.

Now if you don't mind I have a store window I need to drive past to see if I look okay in my patrol car. Who cares if someone is on the other side of the store breaking in.

04-29-2007, 08:40 PM
yes who does care

04-30-2007, 09:36 AM
I care. I guess I should lighten up on the sarcasim.

04-30-2007, 01:39 PM
That was funny, I don't care who you are!!!!!!!

05-30-2007, 04:19 PM

Mod 167

05-30-2007, 06:07 PM
wtf?

05-30-2007, 06:53 PM
Looks like Mod 167 is on a bit of a power trip. There was nothing in the other guest's post that deserved censorship. Maybe he'll be censoring this post too.

mod 167
05-30-2007, 07:54 PM
Nothing that deserved censorship? Accusing someone that they have committed a crime and should go to prison without factual information to substantiate the post clearly violates the terms of use agreement.

Sorry, there is no power trip or “Professional Courtesy” on this forum. Follow the rules and everyone will get along just fine.

If you still disagree and need further explanation, feel free to send me a PM or you can email me at: mod167.collier.leoaffairs@comcast.net

Mod 167

05-30-2007, 08:10 PM
Factual information? The deputy involved was fired by the sheriff for his actions, which involved having sexual relations with a jail inmate in his custody and control. The facts were enough for PRB to recommend and the sheriff to finalize his firing. Yes, this is a crime and whether or not the SAO decides to press charges is up to them, but, nonetheless, it is a crime, so the post by guest did not falsely accuse anyone.

mod 167
05-30-2007, 08:45 PM
The post was vague and could have been directed towards anyone. There was no PRB case number to back up the statement and help identify the deputy. Clearly the reader who also posted under the “Guest” name just after the post in question, also did not understand the intent of the post or to whom they were referring to, hence, the “WTF” response.

As I have stated before, this is not a Slam site. It is intended to promote healthy discussions. Many times I do not see a need or purpose for such posts on a public forum. With that said, I must keep my feelings out of a lot of what I read and stick to ensuring that the rules are being followed.

Again, posting under the “Guest” screen name affords little opportunity to keep sensitive and borderline statements remaining in a thread. Some of the posts end up being a judgment call on my end. In the interest of erring in protecting another’s reputation due to a malicious and callous statement (With no means to verify) I will delete the post.

To avoid judgment calls on my behalf, register a screen name, provide a method to substantiate the information and you will have complied with the rules of the forum.

I hope this helps to clarify the situation,

Mod 167

05-31-2007, 12:57 AM
wtf-lite