PDA

View Full Version : PBSO application question

04-17-2007, 08:02 PM
Anyone know how long the application process is for a experianced officer?

Thanks

04-17-2007, 10:51 PM
I applied in the beginning of the year. I am about to hit 3 months. I think there is a hiring freeze. Not quite sure. At the beginning things seem to go fast. I knocked out my polygraph and psychological in less than a month.

04-17-2007, 11:28 PM
Hiring freeze? wow, i sure hope not.. :?

04-17-2007, 11:49 PM

it will be lifted very soon

04-18-2007, 08:15 PM
THINK TWICE

04-18-2007, 08:22 PM
THINK TWICE

ha ha ha. BSO??? Yea right, you are one of the lowest paid in Broward County. Ask any Deputy who came from BSO, they hated it there. Ask any Deputy still there, and they still hate it. Not to mention, the community doesn't like BSO. You need to go and post on BSO's page

04-18-2007, 10:59 PM
so the freeze will be lifted soon? What are the best districts to work?

Been There, Done That
04-19-2007, 02:08 PM

When i inquired with HR regarding the "Hiring Freeze" it was explained that it is not so much a freeze, rather the Sheriff reviews each position for "Operational Necessity". I would hope road patrol and the jail would be automatics.

Rumor mill has it PBSO is 9 million in the hole because of all the PD's we have absorbed, and some towns havent paid on their contracts. I dont know if this is true or not.

04-19-2007, 02:22 PM

When i inquired with HR regarding the "Hiring Freeze" it was explained that it is not so much a freeze, rather the Sheriff reviews each position for "Operational Necessity". I would hope road patrol and the jail would be automatics.

Rumor mill has it PBSO is 9 million in the hole because of all the PD's we have absorbed, and some towns havent paid on their contracts. I dont know if this is true or not.

That's what I heard. Mangonia Park only had a few cars and we had to dish out the rest. The only city that paid the contract was Royal Palm Beach. The others did not have the money to pay. Also with the tax cuts coming up you're going to see the cities in the Glades lose their city charter. Also many more cities affected by the tax cuts are looking to merge with the SO. The hiring freeze is somewhat related to how much the Sheriff is going to get next year because the county is scared they are going to lose a lot of money with the tax cuts. This wasn't a issue with the Sheriff rather someone at the county told him he needs to hold off hiring people until they can find a solution for his budget increase next year. All I can say we need the money and it's about time someone is trying to get it.

04-19-2007, 08:16 PM
Looks like the boys in Lake Worth are gonna have to wait in us possibly taking them over. We can't afford to bring in another city when we're still trying to recover from our own financial mess. We're still recovering from Mangonia and Glade.

04-21-2007, 06:14 PM
Looks like the boys in Lake Worth are gonna have to wait in us possibly taking them over. We can't afford to bring in another city when we're still trying to recover from our own financial mess. We're still recovering from Mangonia and Glade.

Reply: What makes you think that we want to be a part of your agency anyway! A lot of us are happy to be where we are and just maybe we don't want anything to do with PBSO. Lake Worth is a great place to work and besides, we're still getting Chapter 185 monies from the state. Don't get me wrong, PBSO is a great agency to and it provides an assortmant of opportunities and different divisions. but let me give you the truth, your right, you can't afford to take us right now, not that it won't happen in the future mind you. If it does happen though, you are going to get some of best most experienced, highly motivated cops in this county. Please don't take this reply as criticism as it was not meant to be.

04-21-2007, 08:18 PM

Reply: What makes you think that we want to be a part of your agency anyway! A lot of us are happy to be where we are and just maybe we don't want anything to do with PBSO. Lake Worth is a great place to work and besides, we're still getting Chapter 185 monies from the state. Don't get me wrong, PBSO is a great agency to and it provides an assortmant of opportunities and different divisions. but let me give you the truth, your right, you can't afford to take us right now, not that it won't happen in the future mind you. If it does happen though, you are going to get some of best most experienced, highly motivated cops in this county. Please don't take this reply as criticism as it was not meant to be.

I take it as offense; PBSO is a great agency. I came from Delray and trust me, the 185 money is a joke to the money you will make here. So many LEO's came from Lake Worth and they are damn good cops like you said. All the Lake Worth officers I speak to would love to come over. Take home car, better pay career D/S making 88,000 a year, Sergeants making 96,000 and LT's making 109,000, no contributions to our pensions, and amazing cheap medical benefits. Besides consolidating law enforcement services is the right thing to do. All of you guys would come over with ranks and seniority. I don't want to disrespect you, but when you come here saying "What makes you think that we want to be a part of your agency anyway" that's rude. Trust me a lot of your guys and girls do. I'll be honest with you if it happens I will welcome all of you with open arms. You're right we don't have the money to merge any services right now. Be safe.

04-22-2007, 03:05 AM

Slow down there. This has to be the response of someone with 3 to 5 years experience. I've been a Lake Worth Police Officer for 17 years. I would love to merge with PBSO especially since we would get the same deal Royal Palm did. Trust me when I say PBSO is best police agency in the county bar none. Yes they have their problems as does everyone but overall you can't beat it. I'm happy either way but I would not mind being a Deputy and I know many other officers here wouldn't either.

06-05-2007, 04:45 PM
I think lake worth has very good officers and that the MERGER (not a TAKE OVER) happens very soon. I've had the honor of meeting some lake worth officers while working nights in the lake worth corridor and they seemed willing to help anytime were as GREENACRES, and at times PALM SPRINGS would tell us to go pound sand when dealing with s***.

Good for lake worth considering the merger I would like to know more about the down town arae and see what kind of S*** I can get myself into thats normal up here.