PDA

View Full Version : shooting at VT

04-17-2007, 02:22 PM
is it just me or do others think that the cops responding to the active gun man situation took up perimeter points wating for swat .

Thats the way it looks
If they went in right away as a fire team I think this psyco would have been taken out before he could take himself out.

It looke dalot like a Columbine , witht he perimeter posts while the bad guy was shooting up the place..

I was told he chained the doors from the inside too thats something to think about too.

What do you think?
I hope I am wrong I hope they went in ASAP.

04-18-2007, 03:08 PM
Great to be a Monday Morn QB

04-18-2007, 03:24 PM
Ddn't you know that this department is full of resident experts of everything that may ever happen. Just listen to the kind of shit that people talk around here. Everyone knows a little more than everyone else.

04-18-2007, 04:10 PM
Great to be a Monday Morn QB

I think not! AJAX is posing very valid questions! The fact is that each situation brings with it its own dynamics and set of tactical challenges. Take for instance the recent bank and hostage situation MBPD experienced.

The Virginia Tech massacre was unique for a number of factors, principally the layout of the campus, the information available to responding officers at the first double homicide scene. Had we responded to a similar case in our jurisdiction, could we had divined that just two hours later the same subject would engage elsewhere, killing 30 other victims? I think not, unless clairvoyant!