PDA

View Full Version : Davie PD is hiring POLICE OFFICERS

The Recruiter
04-17-2007, 03:24 AM
The Davie Police Dept is seeking highly motivated team players with a great deal of integrity and ethics. If you are seeking a professional and challenging career, please feel free to call me ( Sgt. Laguna ) at 954-693-8326 to discuss all the requirements. You can also go to our web site at www.daviepolice.com (http://www.daviepolice.com) to download an employment application and to view the actual job announcements. GOOD LUCK !!!!

04-17-2007, 03:55 AM
Why have at least 5 officers with less then 3 years on transferred to other departments over the past year?

04-18-2007, 12:17 AM
Cost of living in Florida...thru the roof....

Wages in Florida....going nowhere...

Any questions?

04-18-2007, 04:41 AM
Thats great news but didn't we just lose 5 with another few leaving in the next weeks...These new officers should help me get a day off without calling in sick next year

04-18-2007, 05:14 AM
I did PAT in BCC last week & there was one of your sergeants recruiting for Davie. He said that there were 10 positions open. How's the moral doing up in Davie lately?? Are these slots due to leos leaving or just number increase.

04-18-2007, 11:41 AM
I did PAT in BCC last week & there was one of your sergeants recruiting for Davie. He said that there were 10 positions open. How's the moral doing up in Davie lately?? Are these slots due to leos leaving or just number increase.

The morale question will give you different answers depending on who you talk to. No matter what department you go to you won't find that everyone is happy.

The slots are due to officers leaving / retiring plus the other slots that were approved but were never filled. Davie will be hiring for a long time to come.

04-18-2007, 01:18 PM
dont blame the lack of cops on the recruiter hes a solid cop and a great guy his hands were tied up by hr for a while and now no one wants to do our job .... most of the newer applicants were so bad that the jails wouldnt take them .. what we are now getting are people who never would have made the cut 10 years ago

04-18-2007, 06:44 PM
what we are now getting are people who never would have made the cut 10 years ago

You mean like Hialeah??? Several of them made the switch not long ago.

04-18-2007, 09:52 PM
what we are now getting are people who never would have made the cut 10 years ago

Mr. Schlongo, please explain your post. Are you taking a shot at the Hialeah guys that we got?

04-19-2007, 03:28 AM
Mr. Schlongo, please explain your post. Are you taking a shot at the Hialeah guys that we got?

Negative sir, I'm trying to see who thread #7 is referering to. I have friends in Hialeah PD who told me that several people jumped ship to Davie recently. I heard it from the grapevine that some in the agency were not happy with the arrival of Hialeah cops. I happen to know otherwise that those who leave are the better officers that want to get ahead.

04-19-2007, 12:40 PM
my first post was in response to the lack of quality/ quantity of good applicants to choose from for law enforcemant in general. when most of us applied years ago, we were in a pool of hundreds of people trying to get hired for a few jobs, at any agency that would take them. now, there are very few willing to take this job and even less applying. mr schlongo, you jumped to conclusions and tried to rip the hialeah guys, so you obviously either dont work here, dont like them or dont know them.
once again the post was for the challenges facing the recruitment of new hires not existing certified cops.
for clarity purposes, i also didnt mean to offend any former corrections officers...i was simply eluding to the past instances that if you couldnt be a leo, you could at least try to hook up w/bso at the jail and eventually get lucky and crossover. i hope this clears it up for you any anyone else.

04-19-2007, 03:17 PM
mr schlongo, you jumped to conclusions and tried to rip the hialeah guys, so you obviously either dont work here, dont like them or dont know them. .
Nahh, I happen to have several friends in HPD & since there?s been a lot of them applying in Davie perhaps I thought that you were talking about them. So I guess we got that taking care?..

my first post was in response to the lack of quality/ quantity of good applicants to choose from for law enforcemant in general.
Quality in the eyes of whom??? Many want to hold leos in a set of standards that they themselves don?t have. Quantity is there but since everybody is hiring the number is spread out, a lot have gone to Palm Beach

when most of us applied years ago, we were in a pool of hundreds of people trying to get hired for a few jobs, at any agency that would take them. now, there are very few willing to take this job and even less applying
If I remember correctly back in 96 when I was still an Army MP I thought of making the cross-over to civilian LE & there were as many applicants as they are today. As a matter of fact, the requirements for getting hired have risen substantially where applicants now most have a college degree where years ago that was unheard of. If anything a lot of agencies have learned a lesson from hiring questionable leos (so called quality officers) because of their experience not based in character, moral or values.

04-19-2007, 04:06 PM
im not sure where you acquired your info for broward , but the number of people that are applying and qualifying in so low that departments, including ours, have no choice but to review people that they may have passed on years ago...and thats not to say that those that do make it are not in the upper "quality/quantity"...... your right that pbso did dent the pool of applicants, (as well as the economy and taxes), but regardless of opinion the bottom line is we have openings that we cant fill........ and there are only a few agencies that require a college degree though i believe it does help

04-20-2007, 04:43 AM
Uhmm, I guess Davie has high standards, that?s good, it keeps the slugs away. As far as candidates I suppose that the pool for certified officers might be getting smaller but the non-certified is getting bigger by the hour. I did some training at BCC the other day & spoke to one the salties that runs the PAT (I believe is an old PBSO cop). Anyways he told me that BCC runs the test center like a meat market. There?s no shortesh of applicants rain or shine. Of course there?s plenty of out of shape youngbloods out there. Is a shame that are their age they look like that.

04-23-2007, 10:19 PM
What are the department rules for your take home car program, please include the distance rules as well.

Just to verify they are pay $ 2,000 per year for every year of experience over 11 years.

Thanks.

04-23-2007, 11:54 PM
What are the department rules for your take home car program, please include the distance rules as well.
Just to verify they are pay $ 2,000 per year for every year of experience over 11 years.

PAPVs are issued after FTO training and for Broward County resident officers they can be used for off-duty purposes as well as to and from work. For out of county residents, with the Chief's permission, the cars can be used to and from work only (no personal use out of the county). I don't know of a case where the Chief has denied an out of county officer their take home. The only thing that stinks about the program is when your car is downed for service, or in the body shop (even if a crash is not your fault), you cannot take a pool car home...

I have not heard anything about incentives for Officers with experience...

04-24-2007, 12:11 AM
Thanks for the info, I appreciate it. The job listing for certified officer lists $ 2,000 per year after 11 years of experience. I just wanted to verify I was reading it correct.

04-24-2007, 01:58 AM
So lets say a lateral, from Havanaleah ofcourse, with 11 years plus, 9.5 with Havanaleah.....how mush?
It would be nice to work mids again with my buds Steve, Scott, Marco, Danny, Maiker, Eddie, Mark, and Marco. Forget anyone?

04-24-2007, 02:00 AM
Oops forgot Mike the BOZO Boza!

04-24-2007, 04:16 AM
You forgot Jeff and Ben. Jeff is doing backgrounds for new applicants.. Call him. 954-693-8200

04-24-2007, 01:54 PM
Thanks for the info, I appreciate it. The job listing for certified officer lists $ 2,000 per year after 11 years of experience. I just wanted to verify I was reading it correct.

That is referring to an additional $2000 per year of longevity pay after 11 years of service with the Town of Davie.... Not an incentive for hiring...

04-24-2007, 06:38 PM
you dont get the extra $ unless you buy some of yo time prior to coming here you also wont get it until you get to the lengths specified

04-24-2007, 09:36 PM
you dont get the extra $ unless you buy some of yo time prior to coming here you also wont get it until you get to the lengths specified

Not trying to start an internet fight but you don't get extra money for buying time back. Buying back previous years of service only shortens the length of time you need to work before becoming eligible to collect retirement.

ps. I love NY more then my mustache.

05-02-2007, 05:19 PM
So how long does it takes once you turn your app & phq to hear from Davie???

05-02-2007, 08:29 PM
From the time i put in my phq till I started working was about 2 months. That's pretty fast if you look around.
Davie is a good place, don't listen to all of this bullshit. It's mostly the people that don't know how much worse it can get that are complaining. TRUE, davie isn't the BEST place.... But it's up there for south florida!
Good, strong pension.... That should be the first thing you look at when shopping for police jobs.

05-05-2007, 04:25 AM
From the time i put in my phq till I started working was about 2 months. That's pretty fast if you look around.
Davie is a good place, don't listen to all of this bullshit. It's mostly the people that don't know how much worse it can get that are complaining. TRUE, davie isn't the BEST place.... But it's up there for south florida!
Good, strong pension.... That should be the first thing you look at when shopping for police jobs.

2 months its very quick by any standards as far as hiring in South Florida. Usually you have to know somebody to speed up the process. In my last agency I did everything as far as testing in a week & half. My bi took longer just talking to my neighbors. I've heard good things about Davie & I would like to work for them if given the chance.

06-25-2007, 03:08 AM
Not for nothin guys, but If I wanna herd cattle in the street for Mrs.Smith i'll go to Davie...if not, i'll work for a REAL PD like NMB..."You Know IT"

06-28-2007, 03:46 AM
Not for nothing "Real Police Work" but you should probably go back to school to learn English. I understand the NMB...LOL ... has no requirements as far as education but try to write a complete sentence for me.

06-28-2007, 04:49 PM
Not for nothin guys, but If I wanna herd cattle in the street for Mrs.Smith i'll go to Davie...if not, i'll work for a REAL PD like NMB..."You Know IT"

Uhh... yeah. NMB is a great place to work. Have fun fighting your haitian gangs and fighting your wonderful administration....

How's the Houston's homicide investigation going?

Now go back to your board and leave us "cattle herders" alone.

06-29-2007, 12:58 PM
So lets say a lateral, from Havanaleah ofcourse, with 11 years plus, 9.5 with Havanaleah.....how mush?
It would be nice to work mids again with my buds Steve, Scott, Marco, Danny, Maiker, Eddie, Mark, and Marco. Forget anyone?
HEY AT LEAST THEY CAME PREPARED WITH SLEEPING BAGS AND E.S.O.L. BOOKS!

P.S.S. FACIAL HAIR ROCKS

06-29-2007, 05:41 PM

I don't think they've been reading those books, though. But they're certainly using their sleeping bags. Absolutely the laziest bunch of guys I've ever seen. But, they THINK they're the best cops in the world. ("I did a year at Hialeah, I've seen everything...") They love to be there when the calls are hot, but don't look for help when it comes time to write everything up...

My favorite is how the wanna-be Hialeah guys all somehow assume accents and say things like, "hey, dawg" when they're together. But, apart from the group, they assume their normal speech patterns. It's funny how much some people will change themselves to feel like they're part of a group....

07-02-2007, 04:31 AM

I don't think they've been reading those books, though. But they're certainly using their sleeping bags. Absolutely the laziest bunch of guys I've ever seen. But, they THINK they're the best cops in the world. ("I did a year at Hialeah, I've seen everything...") They love to be there when the calls are hot, but don't look for help when it comes time to write everything up...

My favorite is how the wanna-be Hialeah guys all somehow assume accents and say things like, "hey, dawg" when they're together. But, apart from the group, they assume their normal speech patterns. It's funny how much some people will change themselves to feel like they're part of a group....
Finally! Im glad to see i am not the only one thats pulled the blind fold from their eyes! If you speak like a wigger at home and around your buddies, dont change around others. You are probably embarrassed to talk like that around educated people because you know how stupid and ignorant it sounds. And not all the guys from Hialeah are bad, it's just the "gangsta" ones in their F-150's, walking around as if they've been here forever. It's kind of hard to work with fake people, you never know who's gonna have your back. Open your eyes and ears people, and smell the "Cafe Cubano". You can take a cop out of Hiealeah...

07-02-2007, 01:40 PM
Are you talking bout all of them or just some of them?

07-02-2007, 05:06 PM
Maybe a stupid question here, but does Davie accept applications from out of state? Their website says that you must have a valid FLORIDA driver's license, but nothing about a license from another state.

07-02-2007, 10:57 PM
Maybe a stupid question here, but does Davie accept applications from out of state? Their website says that you must have a valid FLORIDA driver's license, but nothing about a license from another state.

Yes, we hire people from out of state.

07-03-2007, 04:31 AM

To hopefully help better answer your question, you need a Florida DL before FDLE will transfer your certification. So, get the job then get a Florida DL several have done this.

07-03-2007, 04:26 PM
After being a civilian for bso for many years im thinking i might want to go on the road. What is the starting salary after the academy, and how long does the process take from app to hire?

07-03-2007, 05:10 PM
After being a civilian for bso for many years im thinking i might want to go on the road. What is the starting salary after the academy, and how long does the process take from app to hire?

The starting salary is the same while in the academy and once out of the academy. ( salary is listed on Davie's web page ) You actually make more in the academy because you are not contributing to your pension and FOP dues.

The hiring process can take from 2 weeks if they really want you, to 2 months.

07-03-2007, 05:25 PM

The starting salary is the same while in the academy and once out of the academy. ( salary is listed on Davie's web page ) You actually make more in the academy because you are not contributing to your pension and FOP dues.

The hiring process can take from 2 weeks if they really want you, to 2 months.

Who ever this is was wrong. You do get a raise when you get out of the academy. You make as per the web page says 18.32/hour while in the academy and then get a raise once you are out. If you have any college degree (ie aa or higher) you can get an additional step raise. I hope this helps.

07-07-2007, 02:48 AM
DOES ANYONE KNOW IF DAVIE IS STILL HIRING ???

07-07-2007, 02:50 AM
HI