PDA

View Full Version : Search Them Darn'it

04-17-2007, 12:14 AM
It is driving me nuts. On a daily basis I see new employees and even verteran cop's failing to search a car or a bad guy when they should. I have driven upon many stops where the subject (known bad guy) has been arrested, and they are not searched. I have asked the officer if they searched the subject, and the response is typically "You can if you want " or "I don't think they have anything." What happens if they do. That is the most important part due to countless officer safety issues.

Secondary, why not search a car if the driver has been arrested? Why release the car to a friend of passenger before you take the chance to freely search the car? This drives me nuts. As far as I know, a search incident to arrest is legal.

Is it just me, or is there a bit of complacency around here (more times than not). Be safe guys/gals. And I show I, I will search the guy to make sure he/she doesn't have something that can hurt you!!

04-17-2007, 12:44 AM
red devil...you search cars and people don't you? Maybe you don't because you might chance stepping in, or touching "man pooh."

04-17-2007, 03:16 PM
I ALSO SEE THIS, EVERY DAY! MAYBE IT IS THE NEW WAY, OR IS IT AN FTO ISSUE?

I ALSO SEE ALOT OF UNITS DRIVE BY ANOTHER ON A TRAFFIC STOP WITHOUT EVEN SLOWING DOWN, IS THIS AN OLD SCHOOL RULE OR WHAT?

04-17-2007, 04:47 PM
There is noting old school about driving past someone who is on a traffic stop. That mentality gets us hurt. What are the two most dangerous things a cop can do? Traffic stops and responding to domestics. If you drive past someone on a stop and don't even get out of your car to see if everything is okay then shame on you and anyone who may have taught you that.

Put differences aside and take care of each other. If you don't like the other guy , who cares. Check out with them, make sure they are safe and move on. It's the very least we can do for ourselves.