PDA

View Full Version : Get those rifles out there

04-17-2007, 12:10 AM
After seeing what happend in Virginia, we better get those rifles out there quick.

04-17-2007, 05:04 PM
After seeing what happened at VT ALL University Police Departments should take a look at staffing, equiptment and training.

04-17-2007, 07:47 PM
"equiptment" Yes, thats what we need, and lots of it!

04-17-2007, 09:01 PM
After seeing what happend in Virginia, we better get those rifles out there quick.

A lot of good that M-4 type did the VT Police officer I saw on TV. All the rifles, pistols, shotguns, and tanks in the world will not help when you have a well motivated scumbag. This was over as fast as it started (the 2nd shooting), and there was nothing that they could have done with the manpower they had. They did only thing they could, CALL THE CITY.

04-17-2007, 09:57 PM
Agree with the last post. Just like the Chief said. An event like this CANNOT be prevented. High powered rifles are great, but if you don't have enough Officers to equip them, then what good do they do? :shock:

04-18-2007, 04:52 PM
It irritates me when the media suggests what VT officials should have done after the fact. The media suggested that the campus should've been shut down after the first shooting.

Its my understanding that a possible suspect was being sought off-campus prior to the second shooting. This investigation was conducted with no indication that the shooter was actually across campus. Its obvious there are a lot of questions to be answered before we come to any conclusions.

With that said, I think it would be more productive for the media to wait until the sequence of events is released to them before they criticize any actions.

04-18-2007, 06:12 PM
Alot of local media are showing students and staff saying they want to see more police presence. If this doesnt convince the university to increase pay in an effort to keep more officers as well as increasing the budget for more equipment then NOTHING will. I know the Chief is using this unfortunate incident to increase awareness, but if this doesnt make them finally give us our just dues then nothing ever will.

04-18-2007, 06:50 PM
WAKE UP! We had a homicide at our OWN University. What did the University do? Swept it right under the rug.

04-18-2007, 07:53 PM
You WAKE UP !!! This incident is getting more staff and student attention then a 55 year old getting shot on campus. Plus the new Chief knows how to play the game, the other one didnt know his *&% from his elbow.

04-18-2007, 11:35 PM
Maybe now the University will acknowledge the importance of the U/P.

I'm sure Judy Genshaft is very thankful this did'nt happen here.

TAKE THE BALL AND RUN CHIEF!!!!!!!

04-19-2007, 01:02 AM
Wipe the $hit off your nose there, just a cop.

04-19-2007, 02:28 AM
You can't play ball with 3 or 4 people a shift there noobie. Chief should have been running with the ball like you said, instead of looking towards next season.

04-21-2007, 03:02 AM
Loose the weight! And get those rifles 10-8!

No special SRT units or special picks for a SRT team! All of the 3 or 4 patrol units on the street will need them when the time comes! Thats who's going to need them if the Sh@t hits the fan! Get rid of the antiquated shotguns that will never be used, and get those rifles 10-8!

04-21-2007, 05:08 PM
active shooter, you are an IDIOT. Just what we need, another wacenhut cop who runs code to unlock Genshaft's door. If you had half a brain, you would figure out that all the swat in the world would not have changed a thing at VT. Let me ask you, who is going to respond? The 3 per shift we have? I can only imagine. We have already lost most of our best officers in the past year, and the rest will be gone I'm sure by years end.

04-22-2007, 02:10 AM
Wackenhut? Responding to Genshafts broken toe nail? What are you talking about? The 3 or 4 that will be working, that you can only "imagine" responding to an active shooter situation, are probably going to be just that; the ones that will probably be responding if that type of situation happens on the campus.

We had a taste of active shooter training in the past, but now (especially since Virgina Tech) the patrol person will be expected to respond, engage the shooter, and take him/her out. This is expected to be done with a Fraction of the training a SRT member has. Virgina Tech was a wake up call, get the rifles 10-8 to the ones that will probably be using them! The average patrol person.

The way it is now, the patrol person that will be responding will have a pistol or maybe a shotgun. (The shotgun is antiquated these days. You only have 4 shots, and they alternated between slug and buckshot.... what is that all about? For the average person, in an active shooter situation..try to remember which type of shot is coming next? And for that matter each type of shot has a total opposite ressult and desired effect...)

In light of Virgina Tech...get the rifles 10-8 and the average patrol person trained and proficient in their use.

Situations in the past have shown that a lot of S20 shooters wear bullet proof vests and use assault rifles. Help us even the odds.

04-23-2007, 01:23 PM
I have a feeling that if the spit hit the fan, and some of the Officers we have would have to go in there. We would find out that a lot of those Officers would NOT do what needs to be done. Lacking a little bit of courage and sacrifice.