PDA

View Full Version : Work Out Changes

mg
04-15-2007, 12:12 AM
What's the deal with this new BS and the Alpha Shift work-out??? Was this the work of a newly promoted sergeant, or a captain?

Edited by Mod 1 to comply with Terms of Use

adrift in pines
04-15-2007, 10:46 PM
Yeah you are right and it makes no sense at all. Because of a few peeps that should have been working out instead of eating.

Edited by Mod 1 to comply with Terms of Use

04-16-2007, 08:07 AM
Finally someone does something about an abuse and all you guys do is complain. We are lucky to get workouts- they should not be abused.

04-17-2007, 12:09 PM
?

So....the afternoon shift never abuses a 3 hour overlap?

How about possibly abusing our contract ? The work out hour was bargained for, meaning, we gave something else up to get it. That is something that people who dont work out, or work out at home will never get. Now we've all worked for some pretty hardassed captains/lieutenants in our time and at the end of the day were gonna do what were told. It is trivial. But come on, this issue has been around for quite some time and it all really boils down to which shift is disappearing/eating.

And if any shift is that banged up, it needs to be addressed in one of these stupid monthly meetings we have.

...... bottom line. RESPECT is earned, never taken. Dont piss down my back and tell me its raining.

05-11-2007, 02:45 PM
good god. the editing (cernsoring) of this post is ridiculous...

gay.

05-20-2007, 05:44 PM
Oh, I guess its not an ABUSE when Charlie shift is nowhere to be found at 2230 hrs. Last I checked, Charlie shift is 10-7 at 0100. Even given their workout time, they should at least be available for backups until 2345. Oh and when a Charlie Shifter is dispatched to a possible 35 at 2230 and does NOTHING for an hour and then has a SGT send Alpha to handle it..I'm sorry I'll have to go get a dictionary to find the definition of "abuse" because that sounds like it hits the mark!!

05-21-2007, 11:13 PM
and lets be honest. I personally did not care about the other shift's business. Whatever. It has been that way for some time. When workouts came along I thought we had a nice perk, even though we really dont get a full hour work out when you have to train at the beginning of your shift. Guys were abusing it? sure. I'm sure everyone here sleeps well at night knowing they did everything they could possibly do at work for the common good (and not at all self serving in any way).

All this petty crap, between shifts couldve been handled at the sergeant level without re-writing our CBA.

05-22-2007, 02:45 AM
for something to be "handled at the sgt. level, you have to have a capt. who won't meddle in that kind of stuff...

05-22-2007, 02:03 PM
Oh, I guess its not an ABUSE when Charlie shift is nowhere to be found at 2230 hrs. Last I checked, Charlie shift is 10-7 at 0100. Even given their workout time, they should at least be available for backups until 2345. Oh and when a Charlie Shifter is dispatched to a possible 35 at 2230 and does NOTHING for an hour and then has a SGT send Alpha to handle it..I'm sorry I'll have to go get a dictionary to find the definition of "abuse" because that sounds like it hits the mark!!

This happens at every police department.

05-30-2007, 09:24 PM
Let's face it. Our sergeants are more worried about their popularity than doing their jobs. I don't need a sergeant as a friend,I want a supervisor. Then I can be his/her friend. The captian who "meddled" at the sergeants level was doing his job, which is something that the sergeants need to take a look at in themselves.

We may have less than five years here, but we have done more in that time than you 15year SLUGZ. We respect your right to blab and complain about how you are not allowed to be a SLUG anymore but we don't have to agree with you.

I SPEAK FOR MANY. We are just too busy being cops to argue with you crybabys who will all be gone soon.

05-30-2007, 10:15 PM
Yep. Sounds like morale is just perfect!

I wonder how long the admin is going to keep their heads buried in the sand. Recognize there is a problem and deal with it!

And if you think that a Captain meddling at the Sergeants level is leadership then you are a complete moron.