PDA

View Full Version : question for BCSO

04-13-2007, 07:14 PM
Can anyone tell me if this case was settled, dropped, or is still pending an outcome. Im talking the civil not the criminal. Thanks, fyi, Ive tried the usual searches and havent found anything recent on it.

The wrongful-death suit against the Sheriff's Office was filed Tuesday morning (2005) in Broward Circuit Court by Fatta's parents. Attorney was Andrew Yaffa.

04-21-2007, 04:17 PM
No one can help on this? Any update would be appreciated. thanks

04-28-2007, 01:42 AM
Can anyone tell me if this case was settled, dropped, or is still pending an outcome. Im talking the civil not the criminal. Thanks, fyi, Ive tried the usual searches and havent found anything recent on it.

The wrongful-death suit against the Sheriff's Office was filed Tuesday morning (2005) in Broward Circuit Court by Fatta's parents. Attorney was Andrew Yaffa.

I believe what you will find is that there will be nothing to happen until the Federal case against the defendant is over. I've read the Fatta family is not satisfied with the investigation and was particularly upset that they got more smoke and mirror answers than did they recieve direct answers. Again, look for something to happen after the trial is over. BSO will probably try to settle with the family to avoid any further embarrassment or to just placate them. Rumor has it that the mission that cost Fatta his life was not well planned or executed.

05-12-2007, 05:28 AM

The Suit is pending, The criminal trial is currently being held at the federal court house in Ft. Lauderdale. Once that is concluded, the family plans to go forward on the civil issue. Todd was a good friend of mine and YES BSO does have blood on their hands, Brennen, Carney and Ken Jen thought that they sould keep Ft. Lauderdale's SWAT team out of the lime light and they did not want to pay for the SWAT call out for S.O.'s team. They gave the order for Angie to hit the house....... To bad he didn't have enough balls or common sense to tell them NO or Todd would still be alive today!

05-14-2007, 01:30 AM
I couldn't have written that any better. Lets not forget that do-boy Kevin Butler who didn't have the balls to do the right thing. He has now sold his soul and has since gotten promoted. Simply unbelieveable.

05-14-2007, 06:59 AM
There are many people here that know the true story of what happened that day and how the operation was botched from the get go. When you have a guy go and tell KJ how the mission was flawed and then this guy gets in trouble, just for trying to set the record straight, it says one thing,
put it to the smell test, if you put it to your nosy, it don't smella so rosey!

05-25-2007, 06:18 PM
Thanks for the update guys, there are a lot of teams watching the outcome on this one from around the nation. For all the times that teams should of been sent and werent due to the brass choosing to try and save some money instead of doing the right thing. I hope the family takes them to the cleaners and gets some case law out there so maybe this senario will stop happening around the nation and hopefully prevent the same outcome.

04-23-2008, 01:33 AM
Old news-Fatta is gone and forgotten and Jenne is working food service in the foothills of Virginia.

04-23-2008, 05:01 AM
Old news-Fatta is gone and forgotten and Jenne is working food service in the foothills of Virginia.
He may be gone, but he is not nor will he ever be forgotten! Sgt. Reyka, Dep. Rein, Dep. Tephford and all those before them who bravely gave their lives will not be forgotten.