PDA

View Full Version : Promotion to Detective

04-13-2007, 01:03 PM
Hey fellas, I was just cruising the internet for info about my beloved Eagles when I stumbled across LeoAffairs. Awesome site!! I really love how you can post anything you want on here - slam your fellow deputy by spewing endless, mindless slander and then go back to work with them!!! How awesome is that?? Not like anyone would have the balls to say this stuff to the face of another deputy or the brass or the Sheriff, but hey - put a person in front of a computer and let 'em type..... Tough guys.

You know, I was thinking about something. I would say one of the problems with any crew of people working for one boss, in our case the Sheriff, is that someone will always think another person gets treated better than he does. I'm not one who really thinks too much about that kind of stuff, I mean, I pretty much deserve the way I get treated. I go out and do my work, make adequate traffic stops, show up for traffic court and go home on time. I don't abuse my sick leave or vacation time, I write legibly and type a good, thorough report. Oh yeah, and when I'm riding around in the cruiser, I don't do directed patrols at every intersection I pass. So when it comes time for me to put in for a transfer, I kind of expect that I'll have half a chance.

Recently however, I guess some people put in for Property Crimes. I hear there were approximately 17-19 people for 3 slots. Good odds, no? Anyhow, when this one fella I know goes in and interviews, he feels pretty good coming out. Thought he answered the questions well and pretty much enjoyed his experience. But there was something nagging him, something strange in the room. I guess, and I hope I'm explaining this right, there were 4 people in the interview room - aside from the prospect. During my buddies interview, only 1 interviewer asked the questions and only 1 other gave any input at all. The other 2 interviewers didn't so much as ask "how are you today?" Now I have two guesses as to why that happened. 1) They just didn't like the prospect. Probably not the case, since they don't even know him. Or, 2) It was already determined by the time he went in, who was going to be selected for the 3 slots.

I know, I know. That kind of stuff doesn't happen around here. Things are fair. I mean, come on, we even have a General Order which clearly lays out the criteria and procedure for selecting a new detective. Surely, it would be impossible for a supervisor in CIB to have picked out his new detectives before even interviewing the others. Why would he limit himself like that? The answer is: He would not. That's all you'll hear. It's funny though, all things considered. This buddy of mine, he went out after the interview and started talking about it with other deputies. He was excited about it, he really thought he stood a chance. He told how he answered the questions, joked about how he needed to go out and buy new clothes to work in CIB and even joked about giving his zone partner the new Impala he got last year. But then it came. The reality. On the very day he interviewed, in fact, before the interviews were even done, this deputy friend of mine, heard the truth. Actually, that day, it was a "rumor". He heard the names of three deputies who were supposedly already given the detective slots. Two weeks later, he finds out that sure enough, they WERE given the slots!!! Could this be mere coincidence? Could it be possible to hear the names of 3 deputies who were going to CIB, on the SAME day the interviews took place? SAY IT ISN'T SO!!!!

Talk about getting a fair chance for a job... Oh, and by the way. Even though this deputy had to put in a transfer request and go participate in a sham interview, he wasn't even afforded a "thanks, but no thanks" letter from CIB. In fact, he still hasn't been told whether or not he got the slot.

I think I'm gonna call him and give him the bad news now..... Before he reads it on here. Go Eagles!!!!!! And I hope Jeff Garcia breaks a leg and retires in training camp. Stupid Bucs.

04-13-2007, 05:14 PM
Eagles suck!

04-13-2007, 07:24 PM
I really love how you can post anything you want on here - slam your fellow deputy by spewing endless, mindless slander and then go back to work with them!!! How awesome is that?? Not like anyone would have the balls to say this stuff to the face of another deputy or the brass or the Sheriff, but hey - put a person in front of a computer and let 'em type..... Tough guys.

Looks like you fit right in huh, tough guy? Better luck on your transfer request next time because I am sure that is what kind of attitude the detectives are looking to join them.

By the way, McNabb's Mom is more athletic than he will ever be.

04-13-2007, 07:55 PM
I guess you want to say that is the way an intellectual cries? Tell you what I am hearing with this post: the same crying baby you claim everyone else is and I bet you wont have to go far to tell yourself that someone else got the position you wanted. :(

04-15-2007, 05:31 PM
[quote="Eagles Fan":21il0q4h] I really love how you can post anything you want on here - slam your fellow deputy by spewing endless, mindless slander and then go back to work with them!!! How awesome is that?? Not like anyone would have the balls to say this stuff to the face of another deputy or the brass or the Sheriff, but hey - put a person in front of a computer and let 'em type..... Tough guys.

Looks like you fit right in huh, tough guy? Better luck on your transfer request next time because I am sure that is what kind of attitude the detectives are looking to join them.

By the way, McNabb's Mom is more athletic than he will ever be.[/quote:21il0q4h]

http://www.chunky.com/images/spotlight/mcnabb_pic1.jpg

04-15-2007, 05:39 PM
If your friend was an Eagles or Flyers fan he probably would have landed the spot

04-22-2007, 10:59 PM
go back to philly tough guy. cry on someone elses shoulder. you didnt get picked because your a d1ck. hows that for reality.

04-27-2007, 07:30 PM
I am posting this today simply to apologize to my friend. I stepped out of line when I posted and I brought attention to a matter that he didn't want to advertise. Regardless of whatever silly comments have been posted since my first comment, I am not the deputy who put in for the slot. That isn't a position I would desire, but my friend did. I was, and may still be, a little upset about the people who got the positions, but he wasn't. As far as I'm concerned, I spoke the truth. I just should have told him I was going to first...
I'm sorry, I was out of line my friend.
By the way, my other boy, Donovan, couldn't care less what you think of his mother. Last time I checked, he was the starting QB for an NFL team, not a deputy making $19/ hr.
Get over yourself....

04-28-2007, 12:15 AM
I guess you are saying you are done crying and throwing a temper tantrum.

Now go eat some crappy a$$ soup.

04-29-2007, 03:44 PM
guess you are rather new here because this is how it has worked for years and years... get used to it.

05-17-2010, 03:41 AM
Funny how this is STILL happening!