PDA

View Full Version : Miami PD gets massive contract, will be #1 in Dade

04-12-2007, 06:39 PM
8 & 6 % Retro for the 1 1/2 with out a contract. Thats allot of money

Then, 4,4,4 , More step raises, 5 % for Detective, more money into the health Insurance, they lost nothing.

The new rookies will be paid the highest in Miami Dade

04-12-2007, 07:11 PM
That will never happen in Hialeah because the majority will always settle for whatever is offered in fear that the mayor will get upset a give us nothing later. That is what is always preached and that is what we always get "garbage" because not enough people take a stand. There should not be many people complaining because of what we got according to the extremely large amount of officers that voted for the current contract while still having one year left in the old contract. Just something to think about. By the number of people that are complaining, it sure does not reflect the number of people that voted against the current contract that we unfortunately have now.

04-12-2007, 08:37 PM
Damm thata a great contract, Congrats to our Brothers at Miami. They stood their grounds, protested, faught with City hall, even almost recalled the Mayor. We should learn something.

Rick

04-17-2007, 11:49 PM
Starting pay for Miami will be $45,300

04-17-2007, 11:58 PM
http://miamifop20.com/

04-18-2007, 05:43 AM

Highest in Miami not really, MGPD will start paying their rookies the same. Broward starts their officers at $46k to $48k. Some cities start their cadets in the academy at $44k. It was about time for Miami though, this should some of their problems.

04-18-2007, 12:39 PM

Highest in Miami not really, MGPD will start paying their rookies the same. Broward starts their officers at $46k to $48k. Some cities start their cadets in the academy at $44k. WHAT CITIES? It was about time for Miami though, this should HELP WITH some of their problems.

YesCop
04-18-2007, 01:47 PM
I just read the Contracts Online..Retro, 2 Years @ 14%, then next 3 years at 3%, not 4% as stated before...Nice piece of change...

04-18-2007, 09:09 PM

Highest in Miami not really, MGPD will start paying their rookies the same. Broward starts their officers at $46k to $48k. Some cities start their cadets in the academy at $44k. WHAT CITIES? It was about time for Miami though, this should HELP WITH some of their problems.Read the Post---IN MIAMI DADE

04-19-2007, 12:41 AM
Starting pay for Miami will be $45,300WOW, Time for some of us to apply

04-19-2007, 01:07 AM
Applications after April 26, I will be their. I have had enough of this place.

04-19-2007, 01:33 AM
Starting pay for Miami will be $45,300WOW, Time for some of us to apply

And with 300-plus vacancies, the possibilities are very good.

Don't hesitate, Good luck!

04-19-2007, 02:41 AM
300 openings a new contract and an extra duty rate worth speaking about. What are you guys with less than 5 years on waiting for. Oh wait take home cars too. If you have less than 5 years on and are still here let me break it down for you. IT WILL NOT GET BETTER. I have been here 9 years and it is still the same thing it was when I started.

Recently our PBA grieved Sgt. Velazquez promotion to LT. even though he was on no promotional list. He was not able to take the last LT's test due to a break in service when he was suspended for 160 hours for getting rid of the dui paperwork for a 33. Yet former mayor Raul Martinez promoted him to LT the day after the current Lt's test was held. Raul Martinez in front of 5 others getting promoted that day chastized Velazquez and told him not to mess up. In other words it was a political favor that he was getting promoted.

Well we all know the rest, somewhere during his PROBATION, Velazquez messed up and got demoted. Almost 2 years later the current Mayor reopened the investigation and Lt. Artime who by the way is a bastion of integrity and bravery(SARCASM ALERT) overturned the initial findings of the investigation. Which by the way according to a memo sent by the Chief to the PBA, the said investigation was not the reason Velazquez did not meet probationary standards.

In the long and short of it. I have read all applicable rules and the contract. The Mayors contention is Velazquez should not have been demoted and he was undoing a wrong. So the Mayor GAVE Sgt. Velazquez back his LT bars with seniority but did not give him back pay.

If the Mayor felt so strong that Velazquez deserved to be made whole why didn't he pay him his money back. It is very simple it wasn't about undoing a wrong. It was about a political favor again. Mr. Mayor please listen. Neither Sergio Velzaquez or Carlos Hernandez Adan have never been respected by the men or even thier peers. You did nobody except those 2 a favor here.

So to finish this tirade here will be the outcome of this. An arbitrator will find it was an illegal promotion and the Mayor will have egg on his face. Or an arbitrator will find in the Mayors favor and a vindictive and evil man will be justified and enboldened to futher hurt his subordinates. Regardless of outcome it is obvious, the Mayor has no love for you and his horrified that you would dare challenge his authority with such petty things as the law and the contract.

So here is the point LEAVE, LEAVE, LEAVE.

Thank YOU

04-19-2007, 06:12 AM
I'm sure everyone who's left this place and reads our forum must say, " Wow I'm so glad I left that dump of a department" The Davie guys, Garrido in the city of Miami, Miami Beach guys, Eddie Blanco in Texas are all my idols right now for having the bElls and make the change for the better. Everyone who has more than 5 years here(myself) all could do is talk smack but don't have the bElls to have left this dump miserable place. City of Miami won their battle and here we are still fighting the same war for the past 15 years. Everyone just stop going the extra mile and give them the minimum. 2 parkers and that's it. Let the 29's go off the roof, let crime continue to rise. They don't give a lick about us so return the same favor. Drink your coffee, eat your 3 meals on duty, invest your money right and forget about everything else because this dump of a place will never change.

04-19-2007, 12:23 PM
Davie's retirement is 20 years of service at 75%. Starting pay is over $46,000.

You can buy back 4 or 5 years of previous law enforcement service. I'll have to check if it's 4 or 5.

If you were to leave Hialeah and put your annuity money ( retirement contribution payback ) toward buying back your previous years of service you could retire after only 15 years.

No rushing from roll call to put your patrol gear from your personal car to your patrol car. No one watching with binoculars to see if you're grabbing a shot of cafe cubano while not on a signal. No mandatory 62's. Free dry cleaning, free car wash once a week for your patrol car, free car waxing every 6 months. Lot's of overtime, plenty of E.D.'s, and a 4 hour OT court minimum. I can go on and on. There are plenty of whiny little babies that have no idea how good we have it here. Don't listen to them. Talk to the people that have come from Hialeah. Not the people that have only worked for Davie.

Hialeah is a sewer and it's only getting worse. A retired Hialeah officer is doing the background investigations on new applicants. WHAT ARE YOU GUYS WAITING FOR ?

04-19-2007, 12:27 PM
Certified Officer job listing. http://www.davie-fl.gov/Gen/DavieFL_Hum ... FIEDPOLICE (http://www.davie-fl.gov/Gen/DavieFL_HumanResrs/postings/CERTIFIEDPOLICE)

Here is the application. Print it out from home. http://www.davie-fl.gov/Gen/DavieFL_Hum ... GenAPP.pdf (http://www.davie-fl.gov/Gen/DavieFL_HumanResrs/GenAPP.pdf)

Here's a checklist to make sure you have everything with your application http://www.davie-fl.gov/Gen/DavieFL_Hum ... cklist.pdf (http://www.davie-fl.gov/Gen/DavieFL_HumanResrs/certpochecklist.pdf)

04-19-2007, 11:12 PM
Thanks for the advice, in fact I am just waiting to finish my probation and few months later I am leaving to DAVIE.
Hialeah has enough "cadets" juvs that can fill in the new possitions.

04-19-2007, 11:45 PM
I read a Miami Contract, as a lteral they will start you in the high 50,000

04-19-2007, 11:52 PM
http://www.miamigov.com/Personnel/PORec ... ateral.asp (http://www.miamigov.com/Personnel/PORecruitment/lateral.asp)

After April 26, the High paid Police Department In Florida. You can fill out the Notififcation card online

04-19-2007, 11:55 PM
After April 26, the Highest paid Police Department In Florida. You can fill out the Notififcation card onlinehttp://www.miamigov.com/Personnel/PORecruitment/lateral.asp

04-20-2007, 12:38 AM
I'm sure everyone who's left this place and reads our forum must say, " Wow I'm so glad I left that dump of a department" The Davie guys, Garrido in the city of Miami, Miami Beach guys, Eddie Blanco in Texas are all my idols right now for having the bElls and make the change for the better. Everyone who has more than 5 years here(myself) all could do is talk smack but don't have the bElls to have left this dump miserable place. City of Miami won their battle and here we are still fighting the same war for the past 15 years. Everyone just stop going the extra mile and give them the minimum. 2 parkers and that's it. Let the 29's go off the roof, let crime continue to rise. They don't give a lick about us so return the same favor. Drink your coffee, eat your 3 meals on duty, invest your money right and forget about everything else because this dump of a place will never change.I just filled out online a letter of interest, Davie is good, but i love what Miami Offers in units and the amount of cops they have.

04-20-2007, 03:02 PM
Does City of Miami let you buy back years of service??

04-20-2007, 06:42 PM
3 years of service, its again in the new contract

04-20-2007, 08:35 PM
I totally agree with the stated views. I have been here for 9 years and nothing has changed. I kept hoping that soon one day Mr. Overton would take the reigns, but even that hope is gone. I call him Mr. because he will not be a PO with HPD much longer. By this time next year he will be on his way out. He has been already approach as to why he is still here. I also like the idea I read about conducting a poll to see who the membership would like as the next 100. It won't do any good, but at the end of the day for those of us that have too much time spent here it is at least a way of venting some frustration. Also Mr. Overton deserves to be backed by us. After all, if it was not for him telling the Chief that he disagreed with him on the robbery detectives case, he might have still be in the running for 100. He stood up for us and it cost him his future here at HPD. I believe thats called Integrity Mr. Aguilera!

Those like me that did not listen when we came on, when we were told by other that had been here for a long time to leave, well we are screwed! I stayed because I like the people and some of the work we use to do. But we can't even do the work anymore and many of the people have left and the rest have become so disillusioned that they are only a shell of the COPs they use to be.

All of you guys with less than 4 years on, do what ever you feel is better for you and your families, but keep this in mind this place will not Change! The new Mayor is not a bad person, but he is part of the old regime and has the same philosophies (No take home car!). Those are dangerous philosophies when the person stating them can not explain why? They just say they do not believe in them and when asked why they can not explain. So do what ever you must but do not be an idiot like me and think things will change.

:cry:

04-20-2007, 08:47 PM
Miami PD here we come. Someone wrote here yesterday about applying online. I sent it today, i emailed them. Its easy, as a lateral they will be starting me in the 60,000s. All lateral come in at step 4, De-p---

04-20-2007, 08:53 PM
http://www.miamigov.com/Personnel/PORecruitment/lateral.asp

04-22-2007, 03:12 AM

Highest in Miami not really, MGPD will start paying their rookies the same. Broward starts their officers at $46k to $48k. Some cities start their cadets in the academy at $44k. It was about time for Miami though, this should some of their problems.You should see the top outs, that is what counts and they get there real quick.