PDA

View Full Version : D1 and personal responsibility

04-11-2007, 11:33 AM
This posting is lengthy, but you don't want to miss its content. Please read.

Wow, It has been my experience that law enforcement officers are courageous professionals willing to risk their very lives in defense of strangers. Why is it that some demonstrate their utter cowardice by launching biased unsubstantiated PERSONAL attacks on individuals without signing their name to the posting. I think that the type of blog forums being used are great ways for us all to voice opinions and to discuss the issues of the day. It's ashame that a few cowards must launch the attacks from the safe position of anonymity.

Facts:

The current D1 Lieutenant has over 16 years of county law enforcement experience in various areas of law enforcement, including Patrol and Investigations.

When the current D1 Lt. assumed command of D1 at the end of the 1st quarter of 2006, the crime rate was already up 28%, 2nd quarter of 06 it was up 26%, 3rd quarter it was up 1%, 4th quarter it was down 18%, and so far in 2007 it has been down around 40%. Even someone as jaded and as blind as Red devil should be able to see and acknowledge the significant downward trend in crime.

The sergeant at the center of the situation that apparently inspired the unsupportable rant against the D1 Lt is a sound supervisor with many years of experience who is professionally respected. However, he simply made a mistake. He told a deputy to take almost 200 grams of marijuana home with him for the weekend. If you, Red devil, can't see how serious an issue this is, shame on you. Supervisors have the responsibility of sometimes protecting people from themselves. By telling his deputy to take the narcotics home with him, he exposed the deputy to the possibility of all types of allegations of wrong-doing. Let's all be mature and simply realize that we make mistakes and must face up to it and accept responsibility for them. It is a quite childish to launch personal attacks because we (or someone we like) were disciplined for something that is an obvious and serious mistake.

Opinion:
It has been my experience that when looking at any situation, some people respond highly favorably, most people are in the middle and accept the circumstances and do the best that they can, and some people respond highly negatively. The situations being discussed in these postings is no different. The issue however, is that Red devil a couple of others have decided to anonymously make personal attacks. How cowardly of you. I challenge you to sign your name to any personal attacks. It is the manly thing to do. However, you have already demonstrated your character in you postings; so, we all know that you will continue to launch into childish, cowardly, and unprovable rants from the perceived safety of anonymity. I have proven many of your assertions to be completely UNTRUE.

I know you will respond with some sort of attack on me, but I'm man enough to take it.

I want everyone to remember that we sometimes get preoccupied by these types of office politics, but also remember that the person you are attacking will be willing to risk his very life to save yours when the fat hits the fire.

04-11-2007, 12:11 PM
Finally, after days of reading immature and non-productive posts who feel the need to abuse the intent of anonymity on this web site, it is nice to read a well articulate and mature post. Thanks for taking the time to post the other side of the coin!

As they say; it is not WHAT you say but HOW you say it.

04-11-2007, 12:49 PM
When two people always agree, one of them is not thinking...healthy debate fired by passionate differing opinions is a good thing...you are all thinking.

04-11-2007, 01:55 PM
Guest Too,
I think your post is right on the money with a small exception. It is no secret the Administrative “Uppers” and PRB check this site daily. It only makes sense they read these postings because it involves our department. With that being said, I choose not to post my name to my comments just like you did. Sometimes these postings will hit funny bones and rub people the wrong way. I do believe the name-dropping needs to stop. I too am guilty of this in previous postings, but will be careful not to repeat. This site is currently being used by deputies to vent their immediate feelings about events. I do think it is time to get back to answering questions of prospective applicants and having healthy debate on topics effecting us on a daily basis, such as pay, minus the name dropping.