PDA

View Full Version : Sports Stars 39ed

04-10-2007, 12:56 PM
What do you all feel about the recent 39s?

04-10-2007, 02:23 PM
they are no better than any one of us.....

04-10-2007, 04:51 PM
Sad when the guy has to lie when he says he was not driving! No class

04-10-2007, 05:12 PM
Sad when the guy has to lie when he says he was not driving! No class

C'mon, let's be sensitive! In his mind he was not driving. Though behind the steering wheel, engine running or not; whether or not the transmission was engaged in drive, the car was not moving. Ergo, "in his mind" he was not driving! I KNOW!

04-10-2007, 11:31 PM
(My Opinion)Honestly; when I first heard about the incident I didn't agree 100%; regarding the B.Ball player. The Hockey players incident seemed and felt qru. But I know this is not the 1st time (WE=Dept.) arrest a celebrity. "DISCRETION=where it applies". 1st I felt a D.W.L.S./ P.T.A., would had been sufficient; but after speaking to Ofc's on the scene.... He was told to move his veh.; all he had to do is pulled over to the side if he really wanted to speak with anybody w/o having to cause a traffic congestion. Don't say yeah, yeah and stay there? This is not the first time he's been driving on the beach, knowing his D.L. status. Get a designated driver, or a limo etc. I heard a few Ofc's loyal to Det. Oneal demanding and being confrontational regarding this incident with the Ofc's involved? I'm not even going to write what I heard; but it was ridiculous. I understand you want to look important assisting Det. O, but just because you walk in with him doesn't mean you are going to demand anything; specially when you (Ofc.) haven't been here long enough? Maybe Det. O should had call D.D. to assist him as a return favor (court side tickets?) After just hearing that this B.Ball player stated that 1)he was not drinking, and 2)not driving, speaks volumes. Now, I take offensive to his statement, because now he is questioning our integrity, which reflects on all of US. Det. O, may have not agree with the Ofc's involves discretion, but he didn't demand anything, and so far acted as a L.E.O. (including his statement about, "if you know its wrong, don't do it"). I couldn't agree more. "WE SHOULD" live by and obey the laws and rules, (as L.E.O.) as the rest of the public; no exeptions. I know is easier said than done, but the very few of US left with integrity know WE would not be any different than those (among and/or against us) who break the law and believe they are above it as well. (Det. O. my condolences regarding your loss). I also hope you can understand how difficult is to try to accomplish what is right, maintain a balance, and keep everyone involved to agree. I would also take this chance to request your assistance to advise your teamates and celebrity friends that our street Officers have 0 tolerance. Not personal.
Lets be Safe out there, and start believing, "WE ALL" wear or represent Blue & "WE ALL" bleed the same; Red!

04-10-2007, 11:35 PM
(My Opinion)Honestly; when I first heard about the incident I didn't agree 100%; regarding the B.Ball player. The Hockey players incident seemed and felt qru. But I know this is not the 1st time (WE=Dept.) arrest a celebrity. "DISCRETION=where it applies". 1st I felt a D.W.L.S./ P.T.A., would had been sufficient; but after speaking to Ofc's on the scene.... He was told to move his veh.; all he had to do is pulled over to the side if he really wanted to speak with anybody w/o having to cause a traffic congestion. Don't say yeah, yeah and stay there? This is not the first time he's been driving on the beach, knowing his D.L. status. Get a designated driver, or a limo etc. I heard a few Ofc's loyal to Det. Oneal demanding and being confrontational regarding this incident with the Ofc's involved? I'm not even going to write what I heard; but it was ridiculous. I understand you want to look important assisting Det. O, but just because you walk in with him doesn't mean you are going to demand anything; specially when you (Ofc.) haven't been here long enough? Maybe Det. O should had call D.D. to assist him as a return favor (court side tickets?) After just hearing that this B.Ball player stated that 1)he was not drinking, and 2)not driving, speaks volumes. Now, I take offensive to his statement, because now he is questioning our integrity, which reflects on all of US. Det. O, may have not agree with the Ofc's involves discretion, but he didn't demand anything, and so far acted as a L.E.O. (including his statement about, "if you know its wrong, don't do it"). I couldn't agree more. "WE SHOULD" live by and obey the laws and rules, (as L.E.O.) as the rest of the public; no exeptions. I know is easier said than done, but the very few of US left with integrity know WE would not be any different than those (among and/or against us) who break the law and believe they are above it as well. (Det. O. my condolences regarding your loss). I also hope you can understand how difficult is to try to accomplish what is right, maintain a balance, and keep everyone involved to agree. I would also take this chance to request your assistance to advise your teamates and celebrity friends that our street Officers have 0 tolerance. Not personal.
Lets be Safe out there, and start believing, "WE ALL" wear or represent Blue & "WE ALL" bleed the same; Red!

04-11-2007, 03:09 AM
THANKS ICEMAN I HAVE NEVER FELT SO LOVED!!!! BUT STOP KISSING MY BUTT, YOU CAN'T HAVE ANY TICKETS!!!!!!!!!!!!

04-11-2007, 04:45 AM
do we have to agree with actions done by p.o's? i dont think so we should still have our own morals and plus we shouldnt have police dogs biting criminals when they are in cuffs and an i a sergeant watches this go on should we? and was he over the legal limit like rob hite?

04-11-2007, 03:07 PM
Geez not only was he 16 he handed a b/s Texas DL Knowing his FL DL was DWLS. He then goes on and says he was not driving? Try to stay on the point and go off on some b/s K9 thing. If this guy was a hardworking Joe you would not be defending him at all.

04-11-2007, 11:16 PM
1st to Det. O? I see you liked what I called him, so if you are going to post
anything a)use your own username (not hard to do), and say something relevant or serious, some of us never had the chance to speak out until now. 2nd, I'm not he kissing butt type, this is why I express myself here since I can't and don't brown nose @ work. 3) Never said a word to him, & if and when it happens the last thing on my mind are tickets.

04-12-2007, 12:06 AM
Interrogator? Based on your statements 1) you can't really be a P.O. Actions and Discretion are different. "He who has not sin, cast the 1st stone". 2)If this K-9 and I.A. Sgt. incident occurred, it should had never been mention here. (Brain Surgeon!) It is completely irrelevant to this incident and topic. You don't have any morals neither, (if this happened?) and you didn't do anything about it; atleast to stop it. 3) P.O.'s, Never do anything you might regret later, and specially with "anybody (15's)".
4) I'm not condoning this kind of behavior (if it happened), I personally think (if it did) the people involved should be ashamed of themselves, and are cowards. Specially handcuffed? I feel that you were affected & did not agree with the decision the P.O's took. Furthermore, you are trying to hide the facts with anger, dissapointment and possibly make it a racial issue. Since you brought up the "over the limit like R. Hite incident. Do you know why R.Hite incident was dropped? It wasn't because of what he blew, it was becasue the P.O. did not have the needed 15 to continue with the legal process. FACTS! Thank GOD it was a B.F. P.O. who arrested him, otherwise this same dilema would had occurred. You sound like those people who critized the P.O's (who had to risk their lives to apprehend a fleeing felon) because he was taken down hard? Never mind the laws he broke, lives the he put at risk, hurt, or killed in the process; "NO" that's acceptable. Let's forget about what actions occurred for P.D. to get involved, and concentrate on what the P.O.'s did. Get Real! It's simple, dont break the law and you wont have to be in the predicament. Why not say, be responsible and obey the law. I do. About fixing the D.L., be grateful to had receive a chance/warning to move your car, but then decided to think you didn't have to?

08-31-2008, 03:31 PM
http://www.miamiherald.com/news/miami-d ... 65821.html (http://www.miamiherald.com/news/miami-dade/breaking-news/story/665821.html)

08-31-2008, 03:33 PM
Posted on Sat, Aug. 30, 2008
Jaguars running back arrested in South Beach
BY ELY PORTILLO
Veteran Jacksonville Jaguars running back Fred Taylor was arrested outside of a Miami Beach nightclub early Saturday morning and charged with disorderly conduct.
Taylor was not taken to jail, according to Detective Juan Sanchez, a spokesman for the Miami Beach Police Department.

He was instead released outside of Club Cristal on Fifth Street on his own recognizance with a promise to appear in court.

The exact circumstances leading to Taylor's arrest weren't known on Saturday. The Miami Beach Police Department's records division, which provides police reports, is closed until Tuesday for the Labor Day weekend.

Taylor, a University of Florida alum, has been with the Jaguars his entire professional career and is preparing for his 11th season with the franchise. Last season, #28 Taylor rushed for 1,202 yards and five touchdowns.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

© 2008 Miami Herald Media Company. All Rights Reserved.
http://www.miamiherald.com

08-31-2008, 09:04 PM
Why did the PTA him?

09-01-2008, 04:51 AM
Isn't there an SOP that states that we cant PTA for dis con?

09-01-2008, 09:05 AM
Isn't there an SOP that states that we cant PTA for dis con?
dis intox no, dis con i think so....

09-01-2008, 01:30 PM
U DONT PTA FOR DISORDERLY CONDUCT. KIND OF DEFEATS THE PURPOSE. WHY THE PREFERENTIAL TREATMENT FOR THIS GUY BUT WE BEND OVER ED HARRIS???????????

09-01-2008, 01:54 PM
Sorry, but you can't PTA a DUI.

09-02-2008, 04:34 AM
U DONT PTA FOR DISORDERLY CONDUCT. KIND OF DEFEATS THE PURPOSE. WHY THE PREFERENTIAL TREATMENT FOR THIS GUY BUT WE BEND OVER ED HARRIS???????????
u CAN PTA for dis con but cannot for dis intox you clown! DUIs and Dis Intox..hhmmm alcohol related, that's why! takes hours for alcohol to get out of the blood stream! do some Police work and you will understand and stop sticking up for VIOLATORS.

09-07-2008, 06:39 PM
If we are going to be held to a higher standard in everything we do ...I dont see the need to baby anyone, especially celebrities. If the average citizen would be going to jail than so too should Fred Taylor, Jonathan Vilma, Ed Belfour , Young Jeezy and any other that feels they are untouchable ... The only difference will be that the public will be spared the public attorney fees....

01-08-2009, 06:02 AM
WTG Phil W. Another one bites the dust. And the nerve of the 1/4 million dollar man AGAIN!

01-09-2009, 02:34 AM
QSK reference "And the nerve of the 1/4 million dollar man AGAIN"

01-10-2009, 04:24 AM
QSK reference "And the nerve of the 1/4 million dollar man AGAIN"
16....REFUSAL...