PDA

View Full Version : What the is the deal in D-1

Red Devil
04-08-2007, 09:29 PM
What on earth is going on in D-1. I understand that the LT there has less time on the road then my socks do, but what is he doing! He has run out several excellent members of this agency, both to other agencies and to other Districts because they will not be his yes men and now his target is on one of the BEST road Sergeants left in this agency.
The Sheriff has to wake up and see what is going on up there. I understand that he is a great car salesman, but what happened to leading with what you are given. Trying to build a team? Crime is up, by last years numbers it was almost 130 part one crimes up from the year before, morale is at the lowest it has ever been and this District is on the border of mutiny type rebellion.
Has it really become necessary for a District LT. to impress the admin by continuously writing up his staff? I think the admin would be more impressed to see a smoothly run district then a LT that feels the need to show he has what it takes to cause discontent. What have we gone through up there now since he has been there, 3 CID Sgts. A whole new SET team, that is larger then ever, a new Admin min SGT. Gary, and a group of great Sgts that have become brow beaten into discontent (because up could never brow beat them into submission, they are just too good).
Sheriff, it is time to admit the mistake, take him back down to Sgt and let the District get on with what it use to do, and get rid of this crazy back stabbing mentality. We have seen some guys rise very fast in this agency and some with great reason. I know that there is a very young LT in District 2 that has very little time in “Road Patrol” but you don’t see these kinds of problems there. He has never felt the need to advance his career over the backs of his crew. He makes a darn good LT and his men can trust him. It is just a shame that same working relationship is not in the Agencies Flag Ship District!
:evil:

04-08-2007, 11:21 PM
I have some familiarity with D1. I talk to many of its members frequently. Same goes for D2. Neither district Lt should be Lts. You are right about D1... there is so much wrong with that district and its operations, and it all stems from the Lt and the sheriff that put him there. It is time for a new sheriff, and a new administration.

Red Devil
04-09-2007, 02:39 AM
Well, I don’t go as far as saying we need to wipe the slate clean with an entire new administration, I do think that a bit more time should be required before you go from hire to running a district. There is a maturity problem there and although he may say all the right things in meetings and Comstat, his leadership skills never got a chance to evolve or even remotely develop.
I man once said “you don’t have to know how to sew to sell a sewing machine” D-1 LT sold himself to admin, even if it was by selling everyone else out. It doesn’t mean he knew how to do the job, he just knew how to sell himself. Well fast forward a bit and now if admin does not know of the issue’s then shame on them. Heck Lee County S/O knows of the issues so it should have reached to our own command staff by now. But it is time for someone in the Command Staff to step up to the plate, take one for the team and say, “We made a mistake with LT Prisco, he was not ready for this move and now we have some serious problems up there” there were Sgts and staff unhappy with LT/Command Bishop in D-1 and some unhappy with LT Welch in D-1 but I’d bet a “button to a buck” that either one would be welcomed back with open arms at this point.
As far as D-3 goes, I here rumblings but I don’t work there and don’t know that LT at all, so I can’t say.

04-09-2007, 02:45 AM
such an admission will never happen. none of the command lackys have the guts, and are likely afraid of loosing power or influence with the sheriff. they are all building their own little kingdoms and actually want people like some of the district Lts in place... it solidifies their power base. I know about D3. It is bad... very bad. It all starts at the top... that Hunter would allow, or just be so blind to what is going on, is proof positive... it is time for a new sheriff, and a new administration.

04-09-2007, 02:57 AM
Red Devil,
Where do you get your statistics? You are way off base, and obviously have no ground to stand on. Where have you been, or are you new to this post? Although I do not work in D-1 I can tell you that they are the "Collier Idol" if you will. There part one crimes have dropped by over 50 percent since last year, making my district look bad. I don't know where you got your stas...you are wrong and mistate the facts. The LT in D-1 Prisco, is young, but he runs a district that is the "Idol" for the rest of us. You must have been written up by Prisco or are a new Sgt (Maybe Tony Lauer) who needs to get into a different line of work. I have many of friends in D-1 that have there negative things to say about the district, but know one has bad mouthed Prisco or his troops. Red Devil, get your facts straight before you run your mouth to people that know better.

04-09-2007, 03:03 AM
that was hilllaryous. i can't wait to tell Tony about it

04-09-2007, 03:09 AM
So now Georgie and Paradise are posting as guests.

04-09-2007, 03:49 AM
George and Guest are one in the same. Looks like George wants D-1 back.

04-09-2007, 03:52 AM
Wow....George is not only a guest but he is also the Devil. George must really want out of Tony Lauer's old spot and back into D-1.

04-09-2007, 03:57 AM
Hey Red Devil,
Lets back this up. Who has left D-1 for other Counties because of Prisco? Name them. You are wrong, dishonest, unethical and way off base. I can back that up. Challenge is on!!

04-09-2007, 03:59 AM
Looks like Tony is more than one person in this Blog. I wonder if Prisco knows about this?! Someone might have to drop a dime or two!!

04-09-2007, 10:17 AM
LOL I have been here a long time, and am certain dimes will be dropped. lots of that going on in this place. I dont know luaer that well, but from what I have seen of him he is not bothered by dimes being dropped on him. does he even know about this site?

04-09-2007, 12:41 PM
Obviously someone from D-1 is unhappy with Prisco right now. Being a member of D-1 myself I can tell you that Lt Prisco is doing a fine job and Sgt L is just flying under the radar.

04-09-2007, 07:26 PM
this is too funny. I know Tony and Andy. you guys are all wrong about both of them. You guys who ***** about them: have any of you had the guts to talk to them face to face? I doubt it. If you do get some guts I suggest you talk to Tony as he will give you a more intelligent discussion and whatever is said will not go any further. no other Lt or captain or chief or anyone else will know. Tony can keep things in house and confidential. I know from experience this is the truth

04-09-2007, 07:31 PM
I believe this to be true Guest. It sounds like others don't like the fact district one is looked upon as ther model district.

04-09-2007, 09:05 PM
(I believe this to be true Guest. It sounds like others don't like the fact district one is looked upon as ther model district.)

Actually, that is not an accurate statement. If you have ever attended COMSTAT and heard the Sheriff or others speak, District Eight is the model District with its double digit decline in crime that past two years. The leadership in that District is second to none with an experienced Lt. and Sergeants who know what they are doing and take care of their guys.

(Neither district Lt should be Lts. You are right about D1... there is so much wrong with that district and its operations, and it all stems from the Lt and the sheriff that put him there. There is a maturity problem there and although he may say all the right things in meetings and Comstat, his leadership skills never got a chance to evolve or even remotely develop)

Why do we never hear about any problems with the District Lt's in Region 2 *4,7,8*. Because they are all experienced road cops who worked their way up through road patrol. Yes, some did time in specialty units, but the majority of their time was on the road. They have the experience, knowledge and maturity to lead a District.

Those who think that there are no problems in District One should pay closer attention. That is a sinking ship with no leadership from the District Lt. or the Admin Sgt "Gary" at all. The two Sergeants mentioned, BM and TL are two of the most knowledgable Sgt's in this agency who would back their guys 110%. The problem is they have more experience and more knowledge than those in charge of District One and that makes Lt P. and Sgt "Gary" feel threatened.

04-09-2007, 10:47 PM
Wow...there are some people that are quick to throw others under the bus here. I will say, I agree Blake Martin and Tony back their guys 110% of the time. Lets try and recognize their disgruntled additudes also. They hate their jobs and they are quick to tell you abou it. I will also say that there is not another LT running a district better than Mr. Prisco. He has changed from a cop's cop into an Admin. type person, but he will never leave a member of district one hanging out to dry. If you are someone that has done wrong and made the district look bad, you are on your own. If you are trying to do the right thing than he will back you wrong or right. Prisco has the respect of the public, the admin, and the majority of his troops. I work under Lt. Prisco and I disagree with many decisions he makes, but I support him as my immediate leader and understand the politics he is faced with on a daily basis. If you dont like the politics, go to a PD where there is an appointed official and not an elected one. As far as Sheriff Hunter is concerned, he hired me and I appreciate that. He has my vote. Lets stop throwing people under the bus and start focusing on the real problems.....like pay and benifits.

04-09-2007, 10:53 PM
D-8 is the model district? HAHA. Is that why they have 24's every night and have to call upon other districts to come assist them in halting the nonsense?! D-8 has an LT that is so far up the admin's arsss all he does is worry about what chess piece to move next. I wouldn't doubt he is the one starting this mess. Maybe he would be better suited in D-4 where part one crimes do not exist.

04-10-2007, 02:31 AM
When you refer to Sgt. Gary I assume you are speaking about Bones, a great cop. He has fallen into the ADMIN mindset, but he is a cops cop at heart.

04-10-2007, 02:33 AM
D1 or D8 the model distrits? omg you got to be kidding. i dont think there is anything model about any of the districts. i am so glad I dont work in either place. as for the Lts, well that goes back to the sheriff and his commanders. someone said earlier somthing about flying below the radar. That sounds like very good thinking to me. i said it once and I will say it again It is time for a new sheriff and new administration

04-10-2007, 02:38 AM
Hey RETNUH (Hunter backwards), what district are you from? Why are you so bitter? Do you dislike Hunter that bad to spell his name backwards and bad mouth him on every post? Please do tell us why you hate CCSO so much. You must be looking at days on the beach for something you didn't do.

04-10-2007, 02:54 AM
Holy CRAP! I didn't know there were so many D-1 haters out there. "days on the beach" Funny!

This is the second LEO job I've had, and buddy let me tell you all something, it is WAYYYY better here than it was there. So far, I've been able to advance and get pretty much everything I've wanted. There's always the politics, back-stabbing, and general sh--talking at any agency you will work for.

This is the job we've chosen, it's not better anywhere else.

04-10-2007, 02:25 PM
Time Out!!! This forum is open to anyone with a computer. This is not the place to drop names, initials or anything else identifying someone or their position. Those who are doing it are just coming across as spineless jellyfish, and bringing a negative opinion/rumor out as something the public may think is fact. If you are gonna drop a name, have the courage to sign your name at the end of your post. If you aren't willing to do that, think about the fact that your URL can be traced, so prepare to defend your statements in PRB. Then look in the mirror and tell us how perfect you are and how much better you could do someone else's job.

04-10-2007, 02:50 PM
FROM AN EARLIER POST

**This concern was already resolved in the Florida courts two years ago when the Sheriff of Hillsborough County took the owners of this site to court in an effort to learn the identity of persons posting derogatory information about the Sheriff, his staff and the agency. The courts, not once but twice, upheld the owner’s rights to not release ANY information that could possibly reveal the identity of someone participating in this forum, regardless of what they wrote. Freedom of speech took precedence and the intent of this website was justified.

To state that the owners could “Share” this court protected information is not only wrong but indicates to me that you do not know who they are, what they stand for or the reason why they invested their own money to start the web site and then spend thousands in defending your right to privacy.

To answer your question on how they would respond in court under oath, I will direct you to the Hillsborough County courthouse and to the local media stations that took interest in the story and the ruling by the court. There is enough information on file that should quail your concerns.

I can assure you as a Moderator for this web site that I have spoken to Chip at length about the rules of this forum and supporting their interest in open communications without the fear of being identified. Unless you post information that could open a criminal investigation then you should feel confident to anonymously participate at LeoAffairs.com. If you still feel apprehensive in participating on the forum then you may always exercise your right to just read what others have to say, hence, the reason you do not have to register to read or write.

As for continuing to allow some posts that were banned, we do everything possible to keep spamming off of the site or those who intentionally violate the rules from participating. Once the IP address is blocked, they always seem to find new IP addresses and ways to return. It is an on-going task but one that we will continue to do to ensure your enjoyment and the reasons why LeoAffairs.com exists. ****

04-10-2007, 03:06 PM
(D-8 is the model district? HAHA. Is that why they have 24's every night and have to call upon other districts to come assist them in halting the nonsense?! D-8 has an LT that is so far up the admin's arsss all he does is worry about what chess piece to move next.)

Apparently you are mis-informed about D-8 and have never spent any time out there, nor any time working for the LT out there. As someone who completed a tour of duty in that District and worked for the current LT at one time, I can assure you that he is no where near up the admin's "arsss" as you think. He is a "cops cop" and leads by example. I cannot recall one time or incident where another district came to assist District 8 with anything. Actually, I remember District 8 going to District 1 to assist them with an incident at Ridgeport Pub last year. And 24's every night. Check your facts. The COMSTAT totals are available on the intranet for everyone to see. I suggest you take a look and check your information. District 8 had nine part one crimes the previous COMSTAT. Thats hardly a 24 every night.

04-10-2007, 03:45 PM
This is why everyone goes to Immokalee to party on weekends and everyone is moving there......oh wait........they're not.

04-10-2007, 07:50 PM
There are so many problems we have to deal with on a daily basis and the only thing people worry about is how a Lt. made to the position he is in. Why not worry about the 12 hours shifts and how it effects the people in your family. Why not worry about the people you work with not doing the job they were hired for (lazyy deputies) and how it effects you and everyone you work with. As far as Blake and Tony go they are 2 of the 3 Sgt.'s in the district who do back the guys that work for them and have taken some punches from D-1 admin for it. They may be disgruntled but that does not effect the way they do thier job. Anyone talking all this smack about D-1 has either worked there and left pissed off or is just pissed off at Prisco and Bones.
Lt.'s come and go and D-1 is the perfect example of that. If you don't like who is there, just wait them out. They come and go. I think we are on the 3rd one in just about 2 years and there are alot of deputies working there for longer than that. Stay safe.

04-10-2007, 08:34 PM
Guys (and possibly girls):
If you don't like it, get out. Sounds like all you are good for is talking smack, but are too much of a coward to speak your mind in person. There are plenty of others spots in the agency where you can go and work. There is also Publix. But remember, the grass isn't always greener on the other side of the hill.

04-10-2007, 10:33 PM
Blake in 08'

04-10-2007, 11:34 PM
Hunter has done a fine job in many ways over the years. i have said this before. I have no dislike of him or of many of his decisions. i simply belive it is time for a new sheriff for the reasons I have stated Hunter has had a good run and done much good but, its time for him and his admin to go they are no longer effective and have lost perspective we have a good old boy system in place not the professional one we need for our times. Maybe someone will run this time up and offer what we need. maybe it will be hunter, maybe it will be someone else. I will vote for the best person. its time for change for the better. geez, lighten up some of you people seem to think i have committed some great felony for speaking here. And the guy who mentioned the name and initial dropping is right on. If I have done it, it was a mistake and I will not do it again someone said something like if you dont like it get out. NO. I am loyal to the agency and to what we do I just think it can all be better with some changes, like a new sheriff. last, as for PRB or the sheriff trying to find out the names of the posters to this site, well does not that say a lot about the sheriff and prb? new sheriff. its the best way.

04-11-2007, 03:07 AM
District one is at the top of their game. They have a solid patrol team, set team, and cop's team. The Admin Sgt. is a good match for Prisco and the surrounding Sgt's are respected (for the most part). The only problem in D-1 right now are certain Sgt's hanging out at bars all night and hitting on girls at calls, even though he is married. As far as the Sheriff making a bad call to put Prisco in charge of D-1, I disagree. He is a PR master and that is what D-1 needs. There are not many admin guys out there capable of doing what he has done. Sheriff Hunter is a smart man. He deploys members in areas they will shine. He may not have had alot of road experience, but he manages our agency well.

04-11-2007, 11:21 AM
This posting is lengthy, but you don't want to miss its content. Please read.

Wow, It has been my experience that law enforcement officers are courageous professionals willing to risk their very lives in defense of strangers. Why is it that some demonstrate their utter cowardice by launching biased unsubstantiated PERSONAL attacks on individuals without signing their name to the posting. I think that the type of blog forums being used are great ways for us all to voice opinions and to discuss the issues of the day. It's ashame that a few cowards must launch the attacks from the safe position of anonymity.

Facts:

The current D1 Lieutenant has over 16 years of county law enforcement experience in various areas of law enforcement, including Patrol and Investigations.

When the current D1 Lt. assumed command of D1 at the end of the 1st quarter of 2006, the crime rate was already up 28%, 2nd quarter of 06 it was up 26%, 3rd quarter it was up 1%, 4th quarter it was down 18%, and so far in 2007 it has been down around 40%. Even someone as jaded and as blind as Red devil should be able to see and acknowledge the significant downward trend in crime.

The sergeant at the center of the situation that apparently inspired the unsupportable rant against the D1 Lt is a sound supervisor with many years of experience who is professionally respected. However, he simply made a mistake. He told a deputy to take almost 200 grams of marijuana home with him for the weekend. If you, Red devil, can't see how serious an issue this is, shame on you. Supervisors have the responsibility of sometimes protecting people from themselves. By telling his deputy to take the narcotics home with him, he exposed the deputy to the possibility of all types of allegations of wrong-doing. Let's all be mature and simply realize that we make mistakes and must face up to it and accept responsibility for them. It is a quite childish to launch personal attacks because we (or someone we like) were disciplined for something that is an obvious and serious mistake.

Opinion:
It has been my experience that when looking at any situation, some people respond highly favorably, most people are in the middle and accept the circumstances and do the best that they can, and some people respond highly negatively. The situations being discussed in these postings is no different. The issue however, is that Red devil a couple of others have decided to anonymously make personal attacks. How cowardly of you. I challenge you to sign your name to any personal attacks. It is the manly thing to do. However, you have already demonstrated your character in you postings; so, we all know that you will continue to launch into childish, cowardly, and unprovable rants from the perceived safety of anonymity. I have proven many of your assertions to be completely UNTRUE.

I know you will respond with some sort of attack on me, but I'm man enough to take it.

I want everyone to remember that we sometimes get preoccupied by these types of office politics, but also remember that the person you are attacking will be willing to risk his very life to save yours when the fat hits the fire.

04-11-2007, 11:46 AM
"The only problem in D-1 right now are certain Sgt's hanging out at bars all night and hitting on girls at calls"

I think we all know it ain't just certain Sgt's hanging out at bars when they should be picking up calls and being more proactive. Certain deputies do this as well. One of them was fired a while back. You would think others would learn from other's mistakes.

04-12-2007, 02:21 PM
Certainly got very quiet here now that the facts have been laid out, and the misinformed have been put in the their place. Guess there is no argument against the truth.

Red Devil
04-12-2007, 08:06 PM
Humm, Strange I don’t know of any Deputies by the name of guesttoo? I guest you don’t want to post your name on a board where PRB would surely call you in for expressing your right to free speech either. Now here are some facts for you:
Last years Comstat numbers showed a well over 100+ part one crime increase from the previous year’s numbers, Those increases would have been against LT George’s numbers. Which were a 80+ part one crime increase from the previous years which would have been against LT Rod’s numbers, the lowest numbers ever recorded in D-1.
“They have a solid patrol team, set team, and cop's team. The Admin Sgt. is a good match for Prisco” Forest and Bubba made a good team too but I would not want them to run the district I work for either.
The “Drugs” that was taken home for the night was locked into a CCSO marked vehicle’s truck and locked for the night securely. It was also only found property and not “evidence” as there is no case on the found abandoned pot. If rifles, shot guns and confidential information can all be secured in a CCSO vehicle over night, then found property can be too. Especially if you are still investigating it’s origin. The property was in the control of a CCSO certified employee and had not yet been signed over to evidence. We do still investigate a few things from time to time right?
If it is accusation of impropriety that was the cause for alarm, then there is an obvious trust issue with the Admin and that Deputy, imagined or otherwise. If he wanted to “pinch” a few grams of weed from the bag he does not need to take it home and lock it in his trunk for the night to do that. So try pulling your head out from under the nine pound green book and try a bit of common sense in your police work.
As far as all the other Districts that got dragged into this discussion, sorry but I don’t work there and can’t speak for them, except for one point. I do personally know the LT of D-8 and can say that he is one of the most Honest and trust worthy people I have met in this agency. His honesty is almost to a fault, as he will not recite the Administration opinion as his own and he will tell you his own thought on the subjects. He is also an incredibly intelligent man who take notes and makes notations in all meetings and conversations to assure his information is accurate. I am sorry that he got dragged into this issue.
Here are a few more facts, these about me. If you know me you know I have an opinion about most things, good bad or indifferent, but here are a few things I don’t do…
I don’t lie, I don’t drink. I don’t use drugs, I don’t cheat on my wife, I don’t alter official documents, I don’t beat handcuffed suspects in the back of my car, I don’t drive my agency car to my girlfriends house and tell my wife I have SWAT training. I don’t yell at the public and I don’t turn on my co-workers to make myself look good to the higher ups!
I can sleep with a clear conscience of a honest cop at night. I wake up and look in the mirror and know I will do something for the betterment of my community when I go to work that night. I am curious if the three newbies to D-1’s admin can say the same. Let’s see and then we can pull out some more “facts” from a few more files……

04-12-2007, 08:56 PM
RED DEVIL:

Right on brother. Your post was well articulated and factually driven. It's nice to see someone stating some factual information in regards to the COMSTAT numbers and not just throwing something out there and see what sticks.

And yes, some of us do still investigate a few things from time to time. It's nice to hear there are a few of us who still do that.

As for the LT of D-8, you could not be more accurate in your assessment of him. Having worked for him as well at one time, he is the ultimate definition of a leader and portrays the image of knowledge and leadership to those he supervises.

RED DEVIL you sound like you are a true warrior in the fight against crime and evil. I can only hope that the next time I go to battle, that I have you by my side as I am proud to have you as one of my brothers in law enforcement.

04-12-2007, 11:25 PM
Red Devil has his facts about D-1 / comstat quite correct. he is also right about common sense, and the need to remember the green book is but a guide, not the unalterable law of universe (except when deemed convenient by the administration) Recent posts have led me to ask questions of some of the D1 deputies. Whoa, is there a bunch of problems there. It all boils down, in my opinion, to the need for a new sheriff and a new administration. Not sure who the mentioned "newbies" in D1 are that red devil mentioned. The D1 guys I spoke with all sleep well too, and are men of great integrity and personal and professional honor. Had any of them been running the district, things would be much different, and much better there. Time for a new sheriff and admin.

04-13-2007, 12:03 AM
Warrior code:

In many societies in which a specialized warrior class exists, specific codes of conduct (ethical codes) are instituted in order to ensure that the warrior class is not dangerous to the rest of society. Warrior codes often have common features and usually value honour in the forms of faith, loyalty and courage.

Since a few here on this forum speak of themselves or others as worriers in the fight against evil to protect justice, I thought it would be good to remind you that Warriors in their true sense and heritage are guided by the Warrior Code.

In essence to modern times and the comparison of Deputies as Warriors in the fight for justice, understand that the “Nine Pound Green Book” is our Warrior Code. If you are unable to follow it or accept responsibility for making a mistake when not following it then the term Warrior should not apply.

In the public’s eye, a deputy is NEVER judged on all the years of meritorious service and personal sacrifice but rather how well you conducted yourself on the last call you responded to!

04-13-2007, 01:34 AM
Parasite.....you're the worrier, so don't worry about the warriors.

Next time preview before you post, check the book it says it's OK to preview before posting.

04-13-2007, 01:46 AM
Apology accepted.

04-13-2007, 01:58 AM
Red Devil

I like the fact that you manipulate the numbers to prove your point. True, last years comstat numbers DID show an increase in part one crimes, but what you failed to mention is that the majority of those crimes occurred in the initial start of the current administration. If you ever took part of any leadership role you would know it takes time to put in place your programs, staffing, and policies. As a person who has first hand knowledge of this and not observing from the other side of the county, District One is night and day from where the district was a year ago. This current comstat period last year we had over 70 part one crimes compared to less then 15 this year at time of posting. Now not even you can manipulate those numbers Red Devil.

I would challenge anyone to compare the effectiveness of D-1 Admin and their troops to any district in the county. The Lt. in D8 may be a very fine person, but I highly doubt he has the political suaveness as Prisco does. It is again a night and day difference commanding a district that has such a high population of influential people, such as the Sheriff himself, and a district that has such a high population of people who don’t even speak English.

As for the “Drugs” that were taken home, I don’t know how much investigating was going to get done on his days off. Found property or not common sense tells you to tie up all loose ends before you go on a three or four day weekend. Prisco was just doing the job he was put in place to do and weather you like the deputy or not it was a very poor decision that needed to be addressed.

Also back to your original statement about Prisco having less time on the road then your socks. Maybe it’s time for some new socks Hoppy. Change, in the case of District 1, can be a good thing.

04-13-2007, 11:06 AM
Sounds like Hoppy, I mean Red Devil is just angry because he is not part of a good thing. Say all you want about D-1. There is alot of venom in your statements. The LT. and the Sgt. have made some changes and most were for the better. They made a mistake or two, but nobody is perfect.
Your reference to Forest Gump is quit humorous as well. You sound more like Forest yourself, Lt. Rod, Lt. George....you forgot Lt. Dan.
Don't worry about who is running D-1.....YOU DO NOT WORK IN D-1 ANYMORE.

04-13-2007, 03:33 PM
Red Devil,

You have been short sighted in you response, again. I indicated in my previous posting that a discussion forum like this one is a great way to express thoughts and to discuss the issues of the day. Again, since your "Genius" level IQ is struggling with the point, I believe to make personal attacks from a position of anonymity is simply cowardly. You are truly demonstrating your cowardice in your expanding personal attacks. maybe you should concentrate on the issues and not make personal attacks from a position of anonymity. True, I have not placed my name on this posting. Again, an anonymous site for discussion is great. Personal attacks should be made face to face. I know you will never have the guts to do that, whoever you are.

As far as the found property being taken home for future follow-up, if it is part of an on-going investigation it is not found property it is evidence. If you can't see the difference between having an agency issued rifle or shotgun in your car and narcotics then you are simply a simpleton. It would be highly unusual for questions or allegations to be raised about the misuse of one's firearm. However, allegations could easily be raised about the misuse of narcotics.

Red devil, I appeal any professional honor you may have and ask you to stop the personal attacks on good people that you simply disagree with. I also remind you that you may be hurting the person that you began defending.

04-13-2007, 04:02 PM
I would just like to say, as the wife of a deputy, I question whether Red Devil is in the right profession or not. If he is so discontent with his job, that his free time is spent personally attacking people(who are just doing their jobs), maybe it's time to find a new calling!!!

04-13-2007, 04:53 PM
Looks like the cat is out of the bag. Retreat Red Devil, for you have failed in your quest to sink the battle ship. To the wife of a Deputy that posted their feelings on Red Devil, I appreciate your valid concern for the wellbeing of our agency and it's members.

04-13-2007, 04:54 PM
I have yet to see a personal attack from RED DEVIL. It seems to me that he has merely stated factual information that is readily available for anyone to read on the intranet. The numbers can be interpreted anyway you want, but the numbers cannot be changed. As for REDDEVIL being short sighted, and demonstrating cowardice in personal attacks, I have yet to see that. I believe it was he who actually apologized for any personal attacks he might have made in previous posts. The only personal attacks I have seen are those by GUESSTOO against the REDDEVIL. And as for GUESSTTOO, make sure what you check your facts prior to posting.

**The current D1 Lieutenant has over 16 years of county law enforcement experience in various areas of law enforcement, including Patrol and Investigations**

While your current D1 LT may have over years of LAW Enforcement experience, if I'm not mistaken he worked for PBSO corrections and then Greenacres Police and Emergency Services prior to CCSO.

REDDEVIL keep up the great work, and oh yeah, I have not met the new deputy named GUESSTOO either.

04-13-2007, 04:57 PM
wHy has this site becOme a Place for disgruntled ex-district one members to Post propaganda. staY in district eight i here the sweet tea at raynors is delicious.

red devil hmmmm you don't need a genius level iq to fugure out who that is

04-13-2007, 05:32 PM
I believe guesttoo’s facts are right on point and can be proven. I also believe that Red Devil’s comments about Prisco and Bones can be viewed as personal attacks.

I find it hard to believe that there are two members of this agency with views as distorted as Red Devil, so Hoppy if you can’t take the heat for your false arguments don’t sign in as guest to defend yourself.

04-13-2007, 05:51 PM
Red Devil,
You are now hiding behind "guest" to launch your attacks. You have obviously missed the point Guest Too clearly made. He merely stated it was cowardly to launch personal attacks without signing your name to it. However, he also clearly stated he felt it was ok to vent your opinions and feelings as long as it wasn’t directed at a person you clearly have taken a dislike to.

I have taken it upon my self to follow up on your suggestion to read the stats pertaining to District One. It is clear Part One Crimes have dramatically dropped since May of last year. If your argument is that January-April the Part One Crimes were higher, than you are correct (for the most part). It took Lt. Prisco and the troops in the district a few months to set the path to their current status, which is unarguably an elite position. The consistently have shown their effectiveness, as seen in COMSTAT.

As for your prior post regarding the “three” in Admin in District One…I don’t understand. Last time I checked there was only one Lt. and one Admin Sgt. It is apparent you are in too deep and are sinking quickly. You have thrown out statistics that are clearly inaccurate. You have thrown out names on a public page and now it is backfiring upon you. It is not to late to back out and re-think your approach to your obviously harsh feelings toward a certain district.

We are here for you Red Devil. If you would like to talk to someone about any problems you may have, the Sheriff has made help readily available. They specialize in listening to your concerns, helping you with any addictions to drugs/medications and alcohol, and getting you back onto the street feeling refreshed and ready to go. If you are in need of some help, feel free to private message anyone of us. I am always willing to help.

04-13-2007, 06:39 PM
Red Devil (AKA Hoppy)

I think it is time you raise the white flag and admit your short comings. It is very apparent that your statements are false and very very inaccurate. You say that the moral in D1 is the lowest it has ever been? But I think it is evident by the responses you got sticking up for the current Administration proves that the moral has never been higher. Yes Prisco is a young Lt. and there will obviously be growing pains but I feel confident in speaking for the majority of the district when I say; He is a great leader and a great friend to everyone who works for him!!! I’m sure you, as Red Devil or Guest, will cry and call this a personal attack but I am just sticking up for my commanders.

I’m sure that you have hard feelings Hoppy but you cast the first stone and everything you got back in return was justified. Maybe it’s time to loosen that skull cap of yours and allow some blood flow back to your brain. I think it is time to stop this silliness and just apologize to Prisco and Bones for starting this bias and false debate. They are very reasonable men and I’m sure they would accept your apology.

Red Devil
04-13-2007, 08:44 PM
Who was I this time? Sorry Hoppy I had to do it to you, everyone else was calling you out. I thought, I threw you under the bus I could joke about it too LOL. No Hard feeling bro, it was a Joke.....

04-14-2007, 12:09 AM
OK lets say Red Devil isn't Hoppy. It still doesn't change the fact the Red Devil's arguments are inaccurate and bias. Red Devil (Hoppy or not) you're still an idiot.

P.S. I'm not Sgt. Bohanon.

04-14-2007, 11:33 AM
I for one take exception to the rants of Hoppy, Red Devil or what ever the hell you call yourself. Everyone I work with or have worked with in D-1 takes alot of pride in the "numbers." Everyone here has worked hard busting there asses to keep Part Ones down. It comes down to work ethic, not office politics.

There are no secrets just shared information. We work as a team. My opinion of the Lt. or any Sgt. does not matter. I did not take this job because of the politics, I took it because this is what I wanted to be my entire life. I am living my dream. You on the other hand are dreaming.

Put your efforts into making D-8 the model for the Agency instead of being bitter about not being in D-1 anymore. IN OTHER WORDS QUIT YOUR *****IN'.

04-14-2007, 09:54 PM
Warriors? Huh? most of the people calling themselves warriors do not know what they talk about. warriors. the green book, that is the ops manual, is our code? what a load of crap. the green book is nothing more than a safety net for the admin, and in some small way for the rest of us A warrior code it is not. I need a drink. Why did I visiti here on my day off? Good god.

05-11-2007, 05:09 PM
I just got off the phone talking to a friend from D-1. Was sickened to hear what happened to the Sgt who got sent to D-7 and the how and why of it all. I wonder which Sgt will be next. To bad the tribe and its little wanna bee's dont see what great people they are driving away.

05-11-2007, 05:48 PM
i am sure politics and tribal arm band tattoos had nothing to do with it. you people are all so cynical. just drink the damn kool aid and get the tattoo and you will be fine.

06-18-2011, 07:39 PM
What on earth is going on in D-1. I understand that the LT there has less time on the road then my socks do, but what is he doing! He has run out several excellent members of this agency, both to other agencies and to other Districts because they will not be his yes men and now his target is on one of the BEST road Sergeants left in this agency.
The Sheriff has to wake up and see what is going on up there. I understand that he is a great car salesman, but what happened to leading with what you are given. Trying to build a team? Crime is up, by last years numbers it was almost 130 part one crimes up from the year before, morale is at the lowest it has ever been and this District is on the border of mutiny type rebellion.
Has it really become necessary for a District LT. to impress the admin by continuously writing up his staff? I think the admin would be more impressed to see a smoothly run district then a LT that feels the need to show he has what it takes to cause discontent. What have we gone through up there now since he has been there, 3 CID Sgts. A whole new SET team, that is larger then ever, a new Admin min SGT. Gary, and a group of great Sgts that have become brow beaten into discontent (because up could never brow beat them into submission, they are just too good).
Sheriff, it is time to admit the mistake, take him back down to Sgt and let the District get on with what it use to do, and get rid of this crazy back stabbing mentality. We have seen some guys rise very fast in this agency and some with great reason. I know that there is a very young LT in District 2 that has very little time in “Road Patrol” but you don’t see these kinds of problems there. He has never felt the need to advance his career over the backs of his crew. He makes a darn good LT and his men can trust him. It is just a shame that same working relationship is not in the Agencies Flag Ship District!

Look what I found back in the archives. Remember back in the red devil, retnuh days? Ah sweet memories. :devil:

06-18-2011, 08:46 PM
What happened to the rooster in the D1 parking lot? Now all I see is cats. :snicker: :snicker: :snicker:

06-19-2011, 02:06 PM
I just got off the phone talking to a friend from D-1. Was sickened to hear what happened to the Sgt who got sent to D-7 and the how and why of it all. I wonder which Sgt will be next. To bad the tribe and its little wanna bee's dont see what great people they are driving away.

Ya, I remember back in the Day when, getting sent to D7 was a punishment. (Wink, Wink) Now, getting sent to D1 would be a sure punishment.

06-19-2011, 10:50 PM
I miss the evening buffet at the circus

06-20-2011, 07:43 PM
Or Vandy and Vandy midnight buffet.

Plus... Hoppy ate my PB&J in the fridge

06-20-2011, 11:52 PM
Lets have a meeting at the round table. Robert has some fresh coffee brewing. :D

06-21-2011, 12:21 AM
Love the donuts there. :snicker: :snicker: :snicker:

06-21-2011, 09:22 AM
Love the donuts there. :snicker: :snicker: :snicker:

I know, I know!

06-21-2011, 03:28 PM
Carbuncle Bob

06-21-2011, 09:18 PM
Lets have a meeting at the round table. Robert has some fresh coffee brewing. :D

Remember when PRB wanted to mic the round table and Robert told them to pound sand :snicker: classic :snicker:

06-22-2011, 01:22 AM
:snicker: :snicker: :snicker: :snicker: :snicker:

08-11-2011, 04:34 AM
Wow, after reading the five pages of post I have come to the conclusion that nothing is wrong with D1, D2 or any other district. Look in your own back yard before you tell someone to clean there's. I'm sure all of you complaining could or would do a better job, yea right.
I for sure am not saying the CCSO is perfect but have you looked around. Go to the Lee County, Cape Coral or or choose an agency. You think we have issues? Not even close. I started here and will end my career here someday proud of this agency and what it stands for. So should you. Remember clam brings reason.

08-11-2011, 11:37 PM
Now if you'll excuse me I have to walk through the kitchen at Leoni's and get me a half-priced pie....dueces :devil:

08-12-2011, 01:45 PM
Stay away from ordering pulled pork in D-1. Different meaning up there.

08-12-2011, 10:39 PM
New radios stink.

08-18-2011, 11:07 PM
New radios stink.

May I have my old radio back please?

08-28-2011, 11:41 PM
What happened to the Rooster?