PDA

View Full Version : Any truth to the rumors?

04-04-2007, 10:42 PM
I've heard it from just about everyone in patrol, but I still dont see anything that makes me believe them. Are there really 30-35 leaving to Miami Gardens?

04-05-2007, 12:19 AM
Yeah, two more months and they're out.

04-05-2007, 01:32 AM
They always say that. The Beach picked up 70 files, 40 are leaving for Davie, 30 for School Board. When all is said and done, you get 2-6 that actually do leave.

Don't believe the hype!

04-05-2007, 02:49 AM
There are many police officers applying already for other dpts
Many are leaving and some new rookies about to go on the road are considering to leave.
Patty sorry, but you have not done a good job out there!

04-05-2007, 02:59 AM
Many are leaving and some new rookies about to go on the road are considering to leave.

Patty isn't the problem here. She's probably the reason the rooks stay as long as they do!

04-05-2007, 04:18 AM

Is there any reason why you are blaming Patty. Thats like me saying it's your fault the rookies are leaving. The only one that has any control over the rookies staying or leaving is the Mayor. If he gives the rookies what they want then they might not leave our dept. As for the million officers leaving the other post was correct you can have 3 hundred thousand applications but only 2-6 will leave at any one time.

04-05-2007, 12:29 PM
You are very correct about 2-6 leaving at any one time. However, over an eight year period how many officers is that? If you can not answer the question of how many officers have left for other departments since the year 2000 then you have no clue. How about it can anyone answer that question? I have the exact figure so whoever guesses right I will post it and you can claim your prize!

:x

04-05-2007, 02:37 PM
You are very correct about 2-6 leaving at any one time. However, over an eight year period how many officers is that? If you can not answer the question of how many officers have left for other departments since the year 2000 then you have no clue. How about it can anyone answer that question? I have the exact figure so whoever guesses right I will post it and you can claim your prize!

Who realy cares. Why 2000 is that when you started lets go back to 1996 how about 1990. It's a job people leave when they are not happy or offered something better. It is not a secret Hialeah PD is a revolving door.

04-05-2007, 03:24 PM
Hialeah is the state corrections of the police world. true that we've lost a ton over the years (good cops, too - Corps, Lanier, Lester), but every year or so we get the rumor that 30, or 50, or 70 are leaving and oh shit the city will have to do something then! oh my god! you always hear the same thing - ''blank number of guys leaving...oh my god thats a whole shift! what'll they do?" they'll do the same thing as always..nothing. just hire more rooks, train em, give em nothing, and wave good bye. accept for the token couple that give up the booty or blow the right supervisor (and I'm not just talking about females either. theres plenty of guys spending time giving bj's in sergant and LT cars) and get sent to DB with only a year and a half on the department.

the game is the same, only the names have changed.

04-05-2007, 09:40 PM
To the ASSHOLE THat wrote bACK TO MY COMMENT. nO i DID NOT stART IN THE YEar 2000, but it wAS a good even number. I hope you get A CHURRO STUCK UP YOUR a%s&s you piece of crAP. sTOP THINKING about yourself AND THINK OF the DepARTMENT. There aRE SOME GOOD PEOPLE HERE THat deserve better. So keep your stupid comments to yourself aND GET THat churro out of your A#S&S!!! i HOPE YOU GET SHOOT WITH a BB gun on duty so I cAN HEar you screAM LIKE a b$icth on the rADIO. hELP i Have been shoot!!!!! You whinner!!!!

04-05-2007, 09:53 PM
To the *** VIRUS ALERT *** THat wrote bACK TO MY COMMENT. nO i DID NOT stART IN THE YEar 2000, but it wAS a good even number. I hope you get A CHURRO STUCK UP YOUR a%s&s you piece of crAP. sTOP THINKING about yourself AND THINK OF the DepARTMENT. There aRE SOME GOOD PEOPLE HERE THat deserve better. So keep your stupid comments to yourself aND GET THat churro out of your A#S&S!!! i HOPE YOU GET SHOOT WITH a BB gun on duty so I cAN HEar you screAM LIKE a b$icth on the rADIO. hELP i Have been shoot!!!!! You whinner!!!!

04-05-2007, 10:04 PM
Please stop kidding yourself, we fight for scraps when you deserve so much more. No rep will do any good, what is a lawyer without a client - Nothing!! What are reps without people to file grievances and fight - Nothing! I do believe Luis would make an excellent rep because he is a natural fighter, no holds bar. However, if there are those of you that are willing to pick a fight then file a grievances when they will not allow you to take a day off because there is already one person off and it will incur overtime. As long as the OT can be schedule ahead of time there is no affect on operations and overtime in itself can not be used as the single excuse to deny compensatory time. That is the law and we would have a decent chance of winning that one. However, we would rather call in sick and then get burned than fight head on.

I am not putting anyone down because I have recently questioned my will to fight also. There are those who can not afford to endure the malicious wrath that would come down on them for fighting for what is right. I also understand this. But do not lie to yourself. I am at a cross roads, I keep debating everyday whether I should leave and I am very close to putting applications somewhere else. The only thing that has kept me from doing so is, to the contrastive of Mr. Concepcion, the COPS I work with. To know that if I am in the Sh*t one day, that there are those that are coming for me no matter what. Yes for Me, because they will not allow some scumbag to get the better of me at least not for long. That is hard to walk away from. While other departments have better pay and benefits I am not sure they have that closeness, not as much as here at least. And even you Mr. Don't Care about you would be there for me.

Mr. Luis, I hope that one day you will rise in rank at least to a Captain. You are what you are and no rank or man can ever change that. While many with rank would label you as being perhaps a bit outspoken and perhaps disgruntle I have not found anyone who wants the best for HPD more than you. You lead by example and wear your heart on your sleeve. There is no lie in you and in a place like HPD it can be seen as a bad characteristic. However, do not change it for anyone because those that follow you, would follow you into any battle not because they have to but because they trust you and so would I.

There are so many good leaders here at HPD. I do not say leaders by rank but leaders by example and courage. It is dis-hearting when I hear some of them thinking about leaving and moving on. I do not want to post people's names, but to the afternoon sector one sergeants keep your heads up. For the afternoon shift you do not know how hard they fight for you. But you must also understand they can only do so much against this raging machine. To a certain Shift Commander you represent Honor in the way you choose to live everyday. These are just examples but HPD is full of good people caught up in a very very bad organization.

What is HPD? What does it stand for? Where are the plaques at the main station lobby which state what we stand for? Other than our fallen heroes where are the pictures and plaques of our past leaders, which should instill pride? How did HPD officers dress 50 years ago? Is there anything in our organization which shows us what HPD was and what it is? To know who we are as HPD COPS we must also now who we were.

I know many will post things laughing and mocking what I have said. I just hope that HPD has not made all of us stop caring.

Hey Thanks for knowing that I would be there for any of you!!!!

:cry:

04-06-2007, 02:18 AM
I just confirmed it today with Ricano, 50 applied, 32 are gone. No longer a rumor.

04-06-2007, 03:16 AM
To the *** VIRUS ALERT *** THat wrote bACK TO MY COMMENT. nO i DID NOT stART IN THE YEar 2000, but it wAS a good even number. I hope you get A CHURRO STUCK UP YOUR a%s&s you piece of crAP. sTOP THINKING about yourself AND THINK OF the DepARTMENT. There aRE SOME GOOD PEOPLE HERE THat deserve better. So keep your stupid comments to yourself aND GET THat churro out of your A#S&S!!! i HOPE YOU GET SHOOT WITH a BB gun on duty so I cAN HEar you screAM LIKE a b$icth on the rADIO. hELP i Have been shoot!!!!! You whinner!!!!

Did I hurt you feelings? Ah poor baby GROW A PAIR !!! I did not say anything that is not true & I did not attack you in any way. What is so hard to UNDERSTAND that it is a job. People quit for many reasons. We have NO CONTROL over officers personal decisions. Let me know how I am thinking of myself & that I sould think of the Dept. DO NOT confuse the Dept with the officers. If you or anybody else wants to leave to better yourselves then go. Why in the world would you stay at a job where you are limited in movement & pay. You my friend need a HUG. To much anger coming from you.. :D

04-06-2007, 11:59 AM
I am the one that should be sorry for attacking you out of frustration of this place. Sorry for my outburst and you know I always have your back out there on the street.

Can anyone really confirm that number of officers leaving? I was asked by a PBA rep to see if I could get him that information for the meeting they have with 5000 next week. Can anyone throw out a source so I can get that information. Thanks and yes I know in my heart it will not do any good, but you can't stop trying because we all deserve better than this.

04-06-2007, 01:27 PM
HELLO, Liason just told you he heard it from Ricano, stop bickerring with your boyfriend and read.

04-06-2007, 02:13 PM
Yeah, Ricano has always been a good source of accurate information. If she tells you the sky is blue then you better go outside and look for yourself.

04-06-2007, 05:12 PM
I just confirmed it today with Ricano, 50 applied, 32 are gone. No longer a rumor.

Good for them. :) But I'll believe it when I see it. Many officers in the past have almost left but it wasn't to there best interest to leave so they stayed. For the ones that do leave I wish them the best.

04-06-2007, 06:21 PM

Good for them. :) But I'll believe it when I see it. Many officers in the past have almost left but it wasn't to there best interest to leave so they stayed. For the ones that do leave I wish them the best.

Just ask Bony Herrera. :twisted:

04-07-2007, 02:10 AM
Lanier? Great cop. But he will sell you out to make himself look good. Why don't you ask his FTO at his new Dept.........

04-07-2007, 02:44 AM
treated better here and appreciated too. there is only one "pain in the neck here" if you understand the pain in neck part hehehe

04-07-2007, 06:20 PM
treated better here and appreciated too. there is only one "pain in the neck here" if you understand the pain in neck part hehehe

Whenever I'm having a bad day and start to think my department sucks I check this site and remember the reasons why I left. Sometimes the grass is greener on the other side.