PDA

View Full Version : OFFICER COURTESY

04-03-2007, 01:36 PM
LET ME BE THE FIRST TO APOLIGIZE BUT THIS OFFICER'S ACTION ARE UNJUST :!:

Hello to anyone who reads this and cares enough to reply. I am an Officer that works for an agency in west Broward. I grew up in Hialeah and resided in the city of Miami for over ten years. I have a lot of friends that I went to high school with and now are City of Miami and county officers. I still have my mom "vieja" and "pipo" that live in Miami. I don't know what it is, but my family and I has had the worst luck with the MPD. I was just wondering if professional courtesy is not tought anymore or is there a thing with Broward cops. Check these incidents out and tell me if I'm out of line.

First incident is my wife got a citation by a Sgt. for careless driving. Wife's version of the incident was: Police car was in the middle of the intersection with overhead lights on at the Orange Bowl. She didn't see him and went around the police cruiser. As we all know, people make mistakes and sometimes they don't know what we are trying to do. She gives him all her docs and Sgt. noticed that she had a family badge. Sgt. asked who's the PO and he stroked her anyway. I called my peeps that I know from MPD and the Sgt. finally did the right thing at court. That was the first in 15 years of driving that she had even been stopped and she wasn't even given a break and she got a citation (just to show that she not a crazy/loca driver.) I went with my wife to court and I spoke with the Sgt. Sgt. tried to explain his actions and I only asked him one question. Was my wife rude to you? and he said "no she was really polite". That was all I needed to hear and I called him an A Hole and left him there standing motionless on the steps of the courthouse. Even after I insulted him, the Sergeant's facial expression told me that he agreed with me that he did something that he shouldn't of have done and he didn't even say anything back to me.

Second incident, I was driving on NW 11th St. just west of Catch of the day and I rolled through a stop sign (IM GUILTY, I KNOW). The thing that bothered me was that before I ran the stop sign a van that was in front of me had also rolled through the stop sign. A salt and peppered haired scrouny looking officer was going west on 11th and saw both of us run the stop sign. He first told the first car something to the effect of didn't you see that stop sign and the driver appologized and the officer continued to me. He told me the same thing and I too said that I'm sorry. I don't know why he decided to stop me after that but he did. I handed him my DL, Reg, and ins and I told him that if it mattered that I was a PO. He asked to see my ID and I showed him. After that he took my info and went back to his car. I see him running me (yeah what the f?) and writing on his citation book. He kept me there for ten minutes and walked to my car with citation book in hand. He chewed me out for rolling through that meaningless stop sign and finally let me go after two minutes of that 150 pound sh$t head yelling at me. My thoughts were if he treats another officer like that, I wonder how he treats the general public. Although he didn't give me a ticket, I felt that it was disrespectful and uncalled for. It even raised to the point that I felt I should have filed a complaint, but I would NEVER make a complaint on another officer unless he was doing something flat out criminal. I treat other officers with respect as I wouldn't want anyone else to give me lip on a stop, but I felt like cursing him out and then just signing my ticket that he would have probably given me.
Third incident, while I was living in Miami my vehicle was burglarized in front of my home. At 3 am, I heard my dog barking and I went to check it out. I saw two guys breaking into my car so the foot chase was on. I ran after these guys with no shirt, no shoes just boxer shorts and gun in hand for over two blocks. The wife called 911 and an officer arrived about 2 minutes after I lost a visual since they jumped some fences. I explained that it was a burglary that JUST occured and pointed to where the suspects were last seen. Officer said ok we got guys checking. I identified myself as a PO and asked if K-9 could respond. His response in a real ****y way was "this is the City", we don't call K-9 for this. I know this wasn't the crime of the century, but I know I would have set up a perimeter and called for K-9 for a burglary in progress. I got so sick that I told the officer to just leave without even taking a report because I didn't want to take up his time. I know it's extremely busy on a weekday at 3 am on midnights (I have been there and done that).
Lastly last week, my mother (60 years old) got a ticket for running a red light. Mom told the motor officer that her son was a PO and she even showed him the mother's badge that I had given her. The prick said that he didn't care. That was mom's first ticket ever and she has been driving since she got here from Cuba in 1980.

Ok it feels that I have wrote a book. My whole point to this is that I have been a PO for 10 years now and I have NEVER knowingly wrote another officer/corrections nor family member a ticket. There are plenty of scumbags out there driving recklessly that we could write. There is no need to harm other officers and their family members. Please tell me that these have been a bad series of events and that is not the common practice of the Miami Police Department.

04-07-2007, 02:58 PM
OK, why are you posting in FLPD?? Shouldn’t you post your concerns in the Miami thread. Why would you expect any professionalism from an agency like Miami. Another thing you are getting crisscross is Police Courtesy & Officer Discretion, two different thing my friend. You should know this if you’re really a cop. What I see so far from your posting is, that you want preferential treatment . Remember once you’re out of your jurisdiction you’re joe-six-pack & a regular citizen not a cop. Perhaps you should read your agency policies, especially the high-liability ones so you can understand how you should act or not act outside your jurisdiction.

04-11-2007, 03:04 PM
I was checking Ft Lauderdale posts because I felt bad for the officer who was charged regarding the traffic fatality and wanted to see what anyone was saying. I then read this post about traffic violation courtesy.

I have been a PO in Miami for over 20 years. Whenever I stopped a PO for a traffic violation, I do not care where they are from, I would never write them a ticket. I feel that we are one big family and are up against the same things day in and day out. I have stopped numerous officers and I could not imagine writing another officer a ticket except in a traffic accident where you have no choice.

Mr CACASTUFF. It is called professional courtesy. We all know that we are joe-six pack as your post states when we are out of our jurisdiction, however, don't sit there and tell me that you would not mention the fact that you were a PO to try to get out of a ticket whatever city you were in. I also have respect for PO immediate family members. I tell them to have the officer contact me and will hold the ticket for a few days. Common sense will tell you after questioning the officer who contacted you, if he is in fact a police officer and if the person is a family member that he wants to help out.

Call it preferential treatment if you like but I know that most officers no matter what agency would assist you if they saw you were in a knock down drag out fight and needed help, where a citizen would most likely stand by and watch, and it makes me sick to see posting of messages like yours. Also, are you going to tell me that if your wife got a ticket you would not try to use your position to try to help her out?

It is a shame that there are officers who feel the way you do when coming in contact with an officer from another agency, however I bet there are not many officers that share your attitude. Yes I hate to say it but I am sure every department has a very small number of officers that feel the way you do but that is sad.

04-11-2007, 06:19 PM
Mr CACASTUFF. It is called professional courtesy.

To start it is not “Professional Courtesy” as this would implied that you are assisting another agency in some type investigation on official duties. The term is, “Officer Discretion”, which the law & the agency grants all officers to use in any situation where a law has been broken & the officer may or may not exercise his authority to enforce the law.

I have never giving a ticket to another LEO including troopers. I also extended my discretion on minor traffic infractions to the following; PIs, doctors, nurses, correctional officers, probation officers, etc…. There’s no need to insult an officer because he ticketed his wife when the officer was doing his job like the thread above. This guy sounds like a lot of slugs that want free food & freebies everywhere they go because they’re LEOs.

04-12-2007, 04:38 AM
If you write a police officer's wife a ticket you might as well write him. It is his checkbook that is going to have to pay it.

04-23-2007, 11:50 AM
THIS IDIOT HAS CUT AND PASTED THE SAME THING IN A FEW OTHER CITIES.

04-27-2007, 11:01 AM
Yea...who really cares. He wants special treatment for his family and himself. They all go around telling everyone he's a PO. I'll give you a cookie later.

4Q 2
04-30-2007, 10:40 PM
Anyone who would, after the cop did the right thing in court, still meet him on the steps and call him an a hole deserves to have his a$$ kicked. I'd call you out right then and settle it in the parking lot in front of your wife...that was bullshit..

05-26-2007, 03:03 AM
Well Miami, there you have it. Now you know why Cops write other Cops and family members tickets. They have discretion. NO SH%T FT. LAUDERDALE. Miami stroke all the FLPD Cops and families. Then give them a copy of the leoaffairs posting and tell them they trained you online on how to stroke families tickets. Tell them it's your discretion, even though they there kind and respectful. Then if anyone calls you a bad name. Woop them like the posting says'.

05-26-2007, 03:06 AM
Yah write all of FLPD Cops family members tickets. Then if anyone calls you; tell them it's not "Professional Courtesy" it's discretion.

05-28-2007, 03:16 PM
A police car was in the middle of the intersection with it's overheads on, and your wife didn't see him? Maybe your wife needs to get her eyes checked out. You are one of the few who do not deserve officer courtesy. In your letter you call other officers a*holes and pricks. If you are actually an officer then you should understand the frustration of having someone drive around your patrol vehicle when you are blocking the street. You should also know that the officer did not respond to you when you called him an a*hole because he could not believe that another officer has such disrespect for the law. You basically told him and all of us that YOU are the a*hole.

You dont deserve to wear a badge or even call yourself an officer. You obviously have so much anger for your own kind that maybe you are the problem. Maybe your "I am a God" attitute is what's coming across when another officer stops you.

You are nothing but a low life. If you dont like cops, then leave our family.

LET ME BE THE FIRST TO APOLIGIZE BUT THIS OFFICER'S ACTION ARE UNJUST :!:

Hello to anyone who reads this and cares enough to reply. I am an Officer that works for an agency in west Broward. I grew up in Hialeah and resided in the city of Miami for over ten years. I have a lot of friends that I went to high school with and now are City of Miami and county officers. I still have my mom "vieja" and "pipo" that live in Miami. I don't know what it is, but my family and I has had the worst luck with the MPD. I was just wondering if professional courtesy is not tought anymore or is there a thing with Broward cops. Check these incidents out and tell me if I'm out of line.

First incident is my wife got a citation by a Sgt. for careless driving. Wife's version of the incident was: Police car was in the middle of the intersection with overhead lights on at the Orange Bowl. She didn't see him and went around the police cruiser. As we all know, people make mistakes and sometimes they don't know what we are trying to do. She gives him all her docs and Sgt. noticed that she had a family badge. Sgt. asked who's the PO and he stroked her anyway. I called my peeps that I know from MPD and the Sgt. finally did the right thing at court. That was the first in 15 years of driving that she had even been stopped and she wasn't even given a break and she got a citation (just to show that she not a crazy/loca driver.) I went with my wife to court and I spoke with the Sgt. Sgt. tried to explain his actions and I only asked him one question. Was my wife rude to you? and he said "no she was really polite". That was all I needed to hear and I called him an A Hole and left him there standing motionless on the steps of the courthouse. Even after I insulted him, the Sergeant's facial expression told me that he agreed with me that he did something that he shouldn't of have done and he didn't even say anything back to me.

Second incident, I was driving on NW 11th St. just west of Catch of the day and I rolled through a stop sign (IM GUILTY, I KNOW). The thing that bothered me was that before I ran the stop sign a van that was in front of me had also rolled through the stop sign. A salt and peppered haired scrouny looking officer was going west on 11th and saw both of us run the stop sign. He first told the first car something to the effect of didn't you see that stop sign and the driver appologized and the officer continued to me. He told me the same thing and I too said that I'm sorry. I don't know why he decided to stop me after that but he did. I handed him my DL, Reg, and ins and I told him that if it mattered that I was a PO. He asked to see my ID and I showed him. After that he took my info and went back to his car. I see him running me (yeah what the f?) and writing on his citation book. He kept me there for ten minutes and walked to my car with citation book in hand. He chewed me out for rolling through that meaningless stop sign and finally let me go after two minutes of that 150 pound sh$t head yelling at me. My thoughts were if he treats another officer like that, I wonder how he treats the general public. Although he didn't give me a ticket, I felt that it was disrespectful and uncalled for. It even raised to the point that I felt I should have filed a complaint, but I would NEVER make a complaint on another officer unless he was doing something flat out criminal. I treat other officers with respect as I wouldn't want anyone else to give me lip on a stop, but I felt like cursing him out and then just signing my ticket that he would have probably given me.
Third incident, while I was living in Miami my vehicle was burglarized in front of my home. At 3 am, I heard my dog barking and I went to check it out. I saw two guys breaking into my car so the foot chase was on. I ran after these guys with no shirt, no shoes just boxer shorts and gun in hand for over two blocks. The wife called 911 and an officer arrived about 2 minutes after I lost a visual since they jumped some fences. I explained that it was a burglary that JUST occured and pointed to where the suspects were last seen. Officer said ok we got guys checking. I identified myself as a PO and asked if K-9 could respond. His response in a real ****y way was "this is the City", we don't call K-9 for this. I know this wasn't the crime of the century, but I know I would have set up a perimeter and called for K-9 for a burglary in progress. I got so sick that I told the officer to just leave without even taking a report because I didn't want to take up his time. I know it's extremely busy on a weekday at 3 am on midnights (I have been there and done that).
Lastly last week, my mother (60 years old) got a ticket for running a red light. Mom told the motor officer that her son was a PO and she even showed him the mother's badge that I had given her. The prick said that he didn't care. That was mom's first ticket ever and she has been driving since she got here from Cuba in 1980.

Ok it feels that I have wrote a book. My whole point to this is that I have been a PO for 10 years now and I have NEVER knowingly wrote another officer/corrections nor family member a ticket. There are plenty of scumbags out there driving recklessly that we could write. There is no need to harm other officers and their family members. Please tell me that these have been a bad series of events and that is not the common practice of the Miami Police Department.

05-28-2007, 03:19 PM
You are assuming that the wife does not work and does not contribute to the finances. Maybe it's HER checkbook that will pay for it.

If you write a police officer's wife a ticket you might as well write him. It is his checkbook that is going to have to pay it.

06-24-2007, 03:08 AM
Yah write all of FLPD Cops family members tickets. Then if anyone calls you; tell them it's not "Professional Courtesy" it's discretion.

Hold on just a second brother. I work for FLPD and I can tell you that 99.9% of our cops would never write another cop. I don't know who this caca person is but don't take it out on all of us. I think the original post and the response are both wannabes. If yo are a LEO or a family member, you will be extended professional courtesy in Fort Lauderdale.

TJ

09-02-2007, 04:09 AM
If you were trained properly and by a policeman who was experianced, you were told not to write other policemen, their wives, kid's, nurses, Dr.s, etc., whenever possible. There are exceptions, but I always tried to adhere to these boundries.

09-21-2007, 10:58 PM
I have been a deputy for 21 years and never wrote a cop or family member a ticket. That includes FLPD and trust me, I have stopped several in those years. I know guys that have done it but they are not really cops just spineless want to be.... You know the one who wont get out of the car unless a 10-94 is with them..

09-30-2007, 05:27 AM
They don't care who you are, the ego there is so big they can't see past it.
My Sgt got pulled over in Coral Springs what a mess that turned out to be.
My wife got pulled over there too, another mess
I hear stories all the time about those cops, they are a special breed

09-30-2007, 01:20 PM
They don't care who you are, the ego there is so big they can't see past it.
My Sgt got pulled over in Coral Springs what a mess that turned out to be.
My wife got pulled over there too, another mess
I hear stories all the time about those cops, they are a special breed

I have been stopped several times by CSPD never had a problem. Also my wife and she never had a problem.. Now. my son did get stroked but that is his fault he never spoke up..

09-30-2007, 03:03 PM
My son got pulled and told the officer I was a PO and the officer said I don't care if he is the Chief !!!That didnt even deserve a phone call

09-30-2007, 03:04 PM
THAT WAS IN CORAL SPRINGS TOO????

09-30-2007, 03:05 PM
CORAL SPRINGS DOESNT HAVE A MESSAGE BOARD HERE THEY ARE ABOVE IT ALL.

09-30-2007, 04:44 PM
My son got pulled and told the officer I was a PO and the officer said I don't care if he is the Chief !!!That didnt even deserve a phone call

I believe in peer pressure.. If that happens post the name of the officer. The word will eventually get out.

10-05-2007, 12:10 AM
That s Right FLPD does not write cops or their families . There might be a motorman that might, we've all got one I know that for a fact.

10-19-2007, 07:35 PM
I think its fantastic how FLPD called an ambulance for the Customs Officer instead of arresting him. At least he will get the treatment he needs for the drug problem instead of wrecking his career and life.

http://www.tampabays10.com/printfullsto ... ryid=65807 (http://www.tampabays10.com/printfullstory.aspx?storyid=65807)

10-20-2007, 02:18 PM
I don't know what that one guy was talking about, having to write a ticket to an officer if it was a crash. I handled a traffic crash and a FLPD officer was at fault (he rearended another vehicle) and he did not get a ticket from me. He was still at fault by the way I wrote the short form, but no tick. You can thank me now, Ofc. TL

10-20-2007, 06:24 PM
I think its fantastic how FLPD called an ambulance for the Customs Officer instead of arresting him. At least he will get the treatment he needs for the drug problem instead of wrecking his career and life.

http://www.tampabays10.com/printfullsto ... ryid=65807 (http://www.tampabays10.com/printfullstory.aspx?storyid=65807)
I think I am missing something??? What Ambulance?? What hospital???

10-20-2007, 07:45 PM

I'm sensing sarcasm....but I'm sorry, if one of my fellow FLPD officers was out on a crack binge then fought with other cops I'd want his ass arrested (and thus, not backing me up anymore).
Imagine having the last crack head you arrested show up as your back up on the next 38 you go to....ha.

10-24-2007, 04:19 PM
I am a younger cop only5 years on. But my FTO were older guys with over 15 years on. One of the first things I learned was not to write a cop or anyone who may save your life one day. Firefighters, nurse, doctor etc.
If I pull a cop over I ask for ID. Once I see ID I say have a good one and be safe. Thats it. No ticket No Speech.
Maybe everyone else should follow this...

10-25-2007, 03:01 AM
I know "The Rock" nearly got a ticket by one of our Officers!!!! On 595 no less....Going to the hospital to see his pregnant wife!!!!! And the "Officer" even ran a 10-29 on him!!!???? Can you smell-llell-llell-llell-llell what the idiot rookie's cookin'!!????????? Gueeessssss who????? How embarrassing, man! :oops: :roll:

10-25-2007, 05:18 PM
Last time I checked, The Rock isn't a LEO. Ok, he's going to see his pregnant wife at the hospital (decent excuse), but are you inferring that celebrities are immune to tickets as well? I'm not saying I would have written him, but I'm confused as to what this has to do with the thread topic, except for you to take a shot at a "rookie".

02-21-2008, 01:29 PM
I am a younger cop only5 years on. But my FTO were older guys with over 15 years on. One of the first things I learned was not to write a cop or anyone who may save your life one day. Firefighters, nurse, doctor etc.
If I pull a cop over I ask for ID. Once I see ID I say have a good one and be safe. Thats it. No ticket No Speech.

I think that if you speed, drive drunk or act stupid while driving no matter who you are you should get a ticket. As a civilian reading this I feel that you all have failed to do your job, why give me a ticket and then let some LEO's family member get away with doing what you ticketed me for. I have lost a lot of respect for police officers, since I started reading LEOAFFAIRS message board.

JimmyMcNulty
02-21-2008, 09:02 PM

I think that if you speed, drive drunk or act stupid while driving no matter who you are you should get a ticket. As a civilian reading this I feel that you all have failed to do your job, why give me a ticket and then let some LEO's family member get away with doing what you ticketed me for. I have lost a lot of respect for police officers, since I started reading LEOAFFAIRS message board.
<sarcasm>Well, I'm glad that you, like most people,
are so quick to negatively judge the police. </sarcasm>
With all of us getting gunned down lately, I was starting to get used to people laying off. Especially when you consider that not everyone on here is as forthcoming as you: D'you really think everyone who posts on here is a cop?

Oh, by the way, I heard a rumor about Rob Schneider... I heard he goes to Home Depot, picks up migrant workers and pays them to choke him in the shower. It's true. I mean, why not? You believe everything else on this BS board.

03-05-2008, 04:42 AM
I have been a deputy for 21 years and never wrote a cop or family member a ticket. That includes FLPD and trust me, I have stopped several in those years. I know guys that have done it but they are not really cops just spineless want to be.... You know the one who wont get out of the car unless a 10-94 is with them..

NONE OF THESE ARE FLPD THE ONLY FLPD FOLKS THAT WOULD EVENB CONSIDER WRITING A COPS WIFE ARE MOTORMEN WHO ARE THE SAME AT EVERY DEPT. IF YOU ARE NOT FLPD DON'T COMMENT FOR US DEPUTY TOO FAG

LEARN SOME OFC SAFETY SO WE CAN STOP ATTENDING FUNERALS FAG

03-05-2008, 02:00 PM
I don't know what that one guy was talking about, having to write a ticket to an officer if it was a crash. I handled a traffic crash and a FLPD officer was at fault (he rearended another vehicle) and he did not get a ticket from me. He was still at fault by the way I wrote the short form, but no tick. You can thank me now, Ofc. TL

Not for nothing, but I am sure the other party involved was thrilled with this one........sometimes you need to use a little common sense, or it is going to come back to bite you. Besides, how would you like it if the other party was at fault & they didnt get a "tickee" because the one at fault was a LEO?

03-05-2008, 02:07 PM

Not for nothing, but I am sure the other party involved was thrilled with this one........sometimes you need to use a little common sense, or it is going to come back to bite you. Besides, how would you like it if the other party was at fault & they didnt get a "tickee" because the one at fault was a LEO?

Idiot. It's one thing to not stroke someone when it doesn't involve any other party. It's another thing to not issue a citation when it is warranted when someone else's life or property is involved. That's a no-no

03-07-2008, 10:57 PM

Idiot. It's one thing to not stroke someone when it doesn't involve any other party. It's another thing to not issue a citation when it is warranted when someone else's life or property is involved. That's a no-no

Your the idiot. Where does it say you are required to write a ticket for a traffic crash.. Under what state statue.

03-08-2008, 12:15 AM

Your the idiot. Where does it say you are required to write a ticket for a traffic crash.. Under what state statue.

I am sure if you or your family member was involved in an accident & the other party was at fault & they did not get cited, you would not appreciate that.