PDA

View Full Version : Is LPD still pretending it properly covers its jurisdiction?

03-30-2007, 05:35 PM
Just curious, considering that law enforcement coverage is part of the requirements for annexation. Is your city still lying to itself and the county that it provides proper coverage in the city? I'm pretty sure PCSO gets called to handle your calls from time to time still, Ive taken one or two. Are response times still outrageous as well? Your little transgender/african american unfriendly city of tomorow is odd at best. But thank god your nut bag Sgt got her job back, God knows what a great benefit her short tempered self is to your agency too. Largo is a joke of a city, sorry that you work there. Maybe when Aradi makes Sheriff you can come to PCSO. :roll:

03-30-2007, 07:43 PM
Someone get the tag number of that bus! Wow![/i][/b]

03-31-2007, 01:15 AM
This is so old, is there nothing better for you to write about that you have to try and start something. GO AWAY

Ten6Niner
03-31-2007, 03:54 AM
Just curious, considering that law enforcement coverage is part of the requirements for annexation. Is your city still lying to itself and the county that it provides proper coverage in the city? I'm pretty sure PCSO gets called to handle your calls from time to time still, Ive taken one or two. Are response times still outrageous as well? Your little transgender/african american unfriendly city of tomorow is odd at best. But thank god your nut bag Sgt got her job back, God knows what a great benefit her short tempered self is to your agency too. Largo is a joke of a city, sorry that you work there. Maybe when Aradi makes Sheriff you can come to PCSO. :roll:

My brother or sister deputy:

I have to side with the LPD officers on this one. We all take the calls we are sent to, unless our agency and/or a supervisor tells us not to when jurisdiction is an issue. This subject will never go away as long as we have 13 agencies in the county (soon to be 12). We will have at minimum the Big 5 plus others like BPD who don't care how big the bill is, so lets all continue to get along on the street and leave politics to the politicians!

03-31-2007, 01:26 PM
Well said, 10-69er. Bullshiz aside, we all back each other up.

03-31-2007, 02:25 PM
Give us a date/time/location....otherwise your BS is just what it always is--urban legend. You sound like a schoolyard punk just trying to start something....grow up....law enforcement is for adults.

03-31-2007, 03:55 PM
That's funny just yesterday we (LPD) had to cover a crash for PCSO because they couldn't handle traffic control due to not having enough units in the area. So don't throw stones when you live in a glass house.

Ten6Niner
04-01-2007, 02:41 AM
That's funny just yesterday we (LPD) had to cover a crash for PCSO because they couldn't handle traffic control due to not having enough units in the area. So don't throw stones when you live in a glass house.

Oh no, gotta switch sides. you covered a crash for FHP, unless it was in the Bluffs or Seminole, because we aren't responsible for investigating crashes in unincorporated areas.

Of course, FHP vs the Sheriffs is another political battle beyond the control of those us on the streets.

Stay safe and we've got your backs, brothers & sisters in blue!

04-01-2007, 02:23 PM
True they don't investigate crashes that it why in my post I said TRAFFIC CONTROL. The crash was for FHP but PCSO was suppose to handle traffic control due to blockage and couldn't so LPD stepped in and took it. That's all I was saying.

I'm just tired of the war between all the agencies and PCSO thinking they are so much better. I back PCSO on traffic stops all the time just to make sure they are ok but finding the reverse of that is far more uncommon.

Everyone stay safe we are on the same side,

Ten6Niner
04-01-2007, 04:45 PM
When one is responsible for an incident, that includes the WHOLE INCIDENT. FHP should be handling traffic control for their crashes. This again, is part of the FHP vs. Sheriffs controversy across the state. The Sheriffs contend that FHP can't handle their responsibilities (and who can argue they aren't woefully understaffed), so they are willing to handle crasheds in unincorporated and leave the interstate to FHP. But politics means money, and the state surely isn't going to give up thier most visible armed force and let the Sheriff's do it, so the officers and deputies will continue to provide traffic control and work crashes for FHP. This is not a bash on troopers - just like the rest of us, they do the best they can every day.

04-05-2007, 02:38 PM
When one is responsible for an incident, that includes the WHOLE INCIDENT. FHP should be handling traffic control for their crashes. This again, is part of the FHP vs. Sheriffs controversy across the state. The Sheriffs contend that FHP can't handle their responsibilities (and who can argue they aren't woefully understaffed), so they are willing to handle crasheds in unincorporated and leave the interstate to FHP. But politics means money, and the state surely isn't going to give up thier most visible armed force and let the Sheriff's do it, so the officers and deputies will continue to provide traffic control and work crashes for FHP. This is not a bash on troopers - just like the rest of us, they do the best they can every day.

PCSO will always be here. They will continue to merge with cities especially with the tax cuts coming. PCSO may not get them all, but a lot of cities will choose to merge with the county. Power and politics aside, it's not a bad idea to have one unified law enforcement agency so long as no one gets screwed! I work for Palm Beach SO and our Sheriff merged with 5 cities last year. You do the right thing. All come over with seniority and every keeps their rank and pay. We have to get over this who's better state of mind. The objective in this job whether you wear green, blue, or tan is to go home every night PERIOD!! City or county all have their pros and cons. With the resources the Sheriff provides better service especially to the contract cities. However even over here where we have 1,500 sworn there are areas of the Unic County that can be to get to. Sometimes the cities beat us to calls, and sometimes we beat them. Our contract cities have the fastest response time in the county. One of the last cities to merge went out on a shift with 3 officers a night, after the merger per contract it 8 Deputies a night. There's a lot of good that can be done if merger's are done right.

As for FHP. My brother is a Trooper and in Palm Beach very rare do they work crashes in the county. There were talks about dismantling the agency, then talks of putting FHP under FDLE (which will never happen) and then talks of having larger counties such as Pinellas, Palm Beach Broward etc to work the interstate and have FHP work the smaller counties. Who knows what going to happen but like someone else said FHP does the same job we do.

I don't want to take up any more time on Largo's board. I just wish the agency bashing would stop. Yes I feel there should be one Fire Rescue Department and one Police Department countywide. However this shouldn't create tension between cities and counties, more officers would agree on having one agency. We have to remember there are enough people out there who want to kill us we don't need to create tension between each other.

I apologize to Largo Officers about using their board. This is simply my two cents. God speed to all and be safe out there.

04-05-2007, 03:37 PM
To the east coast....No problems coming onto to the board. I just think a merger over here would be WAY different than yours is over there. If any agency is taken over by PCSO, there is no maintained seniority for the officers. They get hired by PCSO, but everything changes and it is like starting over....With many years on, most officers in other agencies will resist it....Besides, Largo isn't worried, we will not be taken by PCSO....Neither will Clearwater....

04-05-2007, 04:15 PM
To the east coast....No problems coming onto to the board. I just think a merger over here would be WAY different than yours is over there. If any agency is taken over by PCSO, there is no maintained seniority for the officers. They get hired by PCSO, but everything changes and it is like starting over....With many years on, most officers in other agencies will resist it....Besides, Largo isn't worried, we will not be taken by PCSO....Neither will Clearwater....

That's sad, a countywide police for is far more efficient than multiple police forces. I'm sure you agree. However, I can't believe how the mergers work over there. As for us, our Sheriff said it's not fair that these officers who have worked so hard for so many years have to start over from square one. Now our Sheriff was the chief of Police for the counties largest PD so he knows a thing or two about local city PDs. Our last merger everyone came over with rank, and Chief became a Captain and everyone got a pay raise. The option was you could keep your pension or go the state's. We have the best take home car program and everyone got a car. The city kept is dispatch so the citizens could keep their local control. Response time went from 2 mins to a priority one call to 48 seconds. I don't know who the Sheriff is over there, but if he really wanted to show the citizens about his services he would have to follow a similar path. It sickens me to think a Largo cop with 20 years would start over from the beginning especially if the city voted to give up the police force. I stop my rants. Good luck and stay safe.