PDA

View Full Version : DOUG is MY HERO!

03-29-2007, 02:08 AM
HEY! Let's talk about the steal balls that Doug must have.. to see his friend being shot and still be able to hold it together enough to try to get the b*st*rd. I couldn't have done it. I can only IMAGNIE - actually I don't even think I could IMAGINE what Doug was thinking and what he is going trough now. So here is my Thank you. Thank you Doug. Thank you for serving and protecting the citizens of Polk County. Thank you for all that you did and have done. You're a true HERO. I hope you win that award!

03-30-2007, 08:11 PM
I think you would see that there are more deserving nominees, if you would take the time to read them instead of blindly voting.

04-02-2007, 07:20 AM
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural heroes
Etymology: Latin heros, from Greek hErOs
1 a : a mythological or legendary figure often of divine descent endowed with great strength or ability b : an illustrious warrior c : a man admired for his achievements and noble qualities d : one that shows great courage
2 a : the principal male character in a literary or dramatic work b : the central figure in an event, period, or movement

If Doug did any of this, then he IS a hero, however only HE knows if he did....

04-07-2007, 10:37 PM
I would be happy to vote for any PCSO member who deserved the hero award from American's Most Wanted. It would be so cool to see one of our members win. But I can't vote for Doug Speirs. Sorry, but with all the conflict swirling around him, it can't do it in good faith. I have to know that someone truly deserving, is getting my vote. There are way too many unanswered questions regarding his actions on the day Matt was killed. To know that Doug shot Matt, even if it wasn't fatally, just muddies up the waters even more. That simple fact...that he shot his partner...should be enough for him to withdraw his own name from the competition. How does someone enjoy an award for bravery, knowing they shot another cop? I'm sure there are other applicants who's acts of heroism are less murky than his. One of them would get my vote.

04-08-2007, 06:30 PM
I will not vote for Doug either, no matter what others feel about him, I have my own personal feelings. But I just can not vote for him. I'd feel as though I was awarding him for being part of what took Matt's life whether he was at fault or not. In my heart I just can't do it. I think we should nominate those 4 deputies in southwest that jumped in the water and wrestled the gator to save the drunk naked guy from Lake Parker. Good job Mates!