PDA

View Full Version : gun crazy cops

03-28-2007, 07:14 PM
thanks to the two pppd idiots that like to pull their guns on innocent citizens.... nice going ~ thanks for making all law enforcement look bad... dumb asses ~ WTF! WERE YOU TWO THINKING ~ is that how you guys are trained????? you shouldn't be cops !!!!

03-28-2007, 09:35 PM
who was involved in the incident?

03-29-2007, 12:00 AM
how can you say " who really cares" if your a cop you should care ~ this is exactly why citizens hate law enforcement becasue of cops that dont think..... i care!!!! im sure the victim and her family cares.... i hope she sues the department and gets big bucks cause she deserves this one...... i hate saying it but this time the cops screwed up not the bad guy !!!!!!

03-29-2007, 02:31 AM
you should get the whole story before you start talking crap...obviously the person who started this thread is not a cop...but oh well, I guess that's what you get when you have a public forum..

03-29-2007, 02:38 AM
actually your the one that doesnt know what they are talking about.... i am a cop and where i come from cops dont over react and behave this way........but thanks for taking the time to reply..... the facts are the facts and theres not much more to say!

03-29-2007, 02:03 PM
Then you should go back to where you came from..

You don't have all the facts or you wouldn't be making a big deal of this.. because it isn't..no one was hurt..a woman was scared and she should be angry..but people get mistaken all the time..cars get pulled over for being in the area of a crime, people get FIR'd for walking down the street..it happens..

but for you to hope that someone sues the city and wins, or that these officers get in trouble..you're either not a cop, or not a good one and you have something personal against either us, or the folks involved..

Either way, to come to a public forum and call out people in the manner that you did..if you are a cop, and work for us (god forbid)...you have a lot of growing up to do..perhaps we hired you too soon in life.....

you represent exactly what is wrong with law enforcement today..so quick to point out people's mistakes and to wish malice upon them...all I can say to you, is that the world is round..if you do this job long enough, and with the vigilance that you are supposed to, you too wil stumble..and when the media blasts you, your family questions you, your supervisors investigate you, the only ones who will pat you on the back and tell you that they are there for you are the ones who you so viciously attacked on this board...the ones who have stumbled also...

So please take your seat, I award you no points, and may god have mercy on your soul...

03-29-2007, 02:26 PM
Can some provided a link or details?

03-29-2007, 02:26 PM
ha! your a joke! you must not know the facts.... go back to your hole that you came out of and try to think of more BS to write...... Cops can't afford to make mistakes like this..... Cops like you are why we have such a bad image...... So basically your saying oh well its ok cuz the cops screwed up! ha! thats horse shit..... you must be one of the idiots too make the comments like you did...... always watch your six brother!

03-29-2007, 04:57 PM
Oh please, I would have started this thread if the 1st guy hadnt. Jesus can you even go to the right place on a call??? Im pretty sure I know the difference between a white woman and a black woman too. Thanks for knocking citizen relations down another notch guys.

Yall had alot to say when PCSO got the wrong guys, although it was the rigfht spot and car description. And the suspects they were looking for were black.

Yall just jumped off the deep end of the stupid pool and went to the wrong store and stopped a black lady because.?.? "Hey Cletus theres a black lady out after dark, lets get her!!" Good job retards.

03-29-2007, 05:48 PM
you all should check out the editorials on the st. pete article ~ some are pretty funny...... puts you guys to shame..... im sorry to the real cops @ pppd that actually know how to do their job!!!!! keep your chins up!

03-29-2007, 08:38 PM
screw you skippy :twisted:

03-29-2007, 09:14 PM

..but people get mistaken all the time

WTF!!!
This happened right down the street from my house and I managed to get the whole thing video. As a witness to what happened, I can honestly say this was no mistake... it a bad case of being a moron.
To top it off, when she called the police station to explain what happened, the Sgt. she spoke to denied that his officers pointed guns at her and her daughter... making her look like a liar.
There was a plus side to this though.... you should have seen the look on those morons faces when they found out that, not only were they at the wrong location, but also had the wrong people.
But hey, people mistake Park BLVD for 102nd Ave all the time right?..... well maybe just the cops, anyway.

03-29-2007, 09:18 PM
Can some provided a link or details?

http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/sptimes/access/1245876461.html?dids=1245876461:1245876461&FMT=FT&FMTS=ABS:FT&date=Mar+28%2C+2007&author=ANNE+LINDBERG&pub=St.+Petersburg+Times&edition=&startpage=4.B&desc=Police+blunder+startles+mom%2C+daughter

sorry, you're gonna have to copy and past

03-29-2007, 09:21 PM

You don't have all the facts or you wouldn't be making a big deal of this.. because it isn't..

First of all, Yes it is a big deal. I'm sure you wouldn't be this calm if that was your wife and daughter.

Also, since we apparently don't have all of the "facts", why don't you go ahead and fill us in.

03-29-2007, 09:22 PM
ok, but is it GOOD VIDEO, skippy???????????? havent seen it yet :lol:

03-29-2007, 09:26 PM
ok, but is it GOOD VIDEO, skippy???????????? havent seen it yet :lol:

it sure is

03-29-2007, 09:42 PM
I think your full of sh1t. If you had video you would have already rolled it for the media so the hysteria for your clients could begin and your lawsuit could gain momentum. Go to hell, fat boy.

03-29-2007, 11:44 PM
to the person metioned above: im sure you are well educated but you are such a real jerk. people like you i laugh at,im serious

03-30-2007, 04:27 AM
Ok how was there two Officer with guns if one of the two officers dispatched was at the correct walgreens? Please don't tell me that it was an FTO car? Give the initials of the officers involved?

03-30-2007, 09:57 AM
I thought FTO as soon as I read that too. Even if the FTO was letting the recruit make the mistake so he could correct him later the FTO should not have let it go that far. Usually you want to step in before you screw up that bad and say, "Hey rook, your at the wrong store jackass."

And that conversation should happen before they even get out of the car. This sounds like a teaining foopaa to me.

I can understand if they were given that address and the description was for a black female, but it looks like someone will get a slap on the hand for this one and maybe cost PPPD some cash.

03-30-2007, 01:18 PM
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

This is great..i told you to get all the facts before you start pointing fingers and talking crap...you don't even know who was involved..AT ANY LEVEL.. I promise you there is more to this, than you know...

but since we are wishing malice upon our fellow officers..I hope that you get kicked in the nuts and cry like Nancy Kerrigan.

And to the person who claims to have a video..I'm calling your bluff..I don't buy it for one minute that you have a video...

03-30-2007, 03:21 PM
nancy kerrigan???? are you serious you can't think of anything more recent than that? comeon! besides she didnt get kicked in the nuts.... you must be one of the idiots involved in the incident.... Cowboy up and admit you totally messed up! dont wish bad things upon officers that actually know how to do their jobs.... thats really f*&%ed up.... what kind of person are you.... you shouldbe ashamed!!!!!!! i hope you get a day at the beach for violating that poor innocent lady and her child...... you becareful out there! keep the shinny side up!

03-30-2007, 04:43 PM
I was off that day champ...so no, it wasn't me..but I did something that you don't know anything about..I asked questions instead of believing the st. pete crimes..i asked the guys who where there...I asked the guy doing the investigation what happened...

and you are so smart to figure out that nancy kerrigan didn't have nuts.... lets see if you can figure out what this word means...."metaphor"...don't choke on the pronunciation...I wish I knew who you were so I could laugh in your face...

not only that, I wish I knew who you were so I could watch a perfect cop at work...you know what they call a perfect cop? one who never makes mistakes? FICTION!!! because they don't exist...

03-30-2007, 07:28 PM
I was off that day champ...so no, it wasn't me..but I did something that you don't know anything about..I asked questions instead of believing the st. pete crimes..i asked the guys who where there...I asked the guy doing the investigation what happened...

Why beat around the bush about? If you know what really happened, then why not spill it and prove everyone wrong? Please, because I'm really curious to hear the excuses that the P.P.P.D are making for these guys.

Personally, I feel the officers just flat out *****-up. That doesn't make them bad police officers, they obviously just need a lesson on how to pay attention.

And before you go making some more excuses for these guys, think about one thing.... all of you down at P.P.P.D might not think this incident is a big deal but, just think... what if that woman, or god-for-bid her daughter, would've made a sudden move? Those officers were ready to shoot and if she would have made any sudden movements, they would have.

03-30-2007, 08:15 PM
It is amazing to me how many people here believe the words of the writer A.L. for the St Pete Times. She has always had it out for Pinellas Park and will bend the truth in order to make things look even worse. Better yet there is not video so who's to say this is not some attempt to make a false claim for violation of civil rights. Oh I was embarrassed, and really scared I was gonna get shot. Sounds like a attempt at a law suit. If you want the real truth talk to the two officer's and or IA investigator for the truth. I say give her a voice stress test and see what happens.

People make mistakes and Officer's make mistakes and in this case, I think it will come out and the truth be known that this is a sad attempt to get some money. That is it no if's and's or buts.

03-30-2007, 08:31 PM
It was NOT an FTO. Get your facts straight. It was one of those cops we hired that can't tie their own shoes who happened to see one of those cops youngsters who drives 100 MPH to everything sliding into the Walgreens on two wheels. Unfortunately, for both of the "New Breed" of "Supercops" the first cop (lets Just call him Ricky Bobby) crossed the the finish line at the wrong race!

Lesson to the powers that be, keep lowering your standards and hiring everyones rejects and get ready for more headlines.

03-31-2007, 02:22 AM
I will not spill the beans about what happened because it is under investigation..I don't know the status of the investigation so I will not say what happened...

But I will say this....no where on any of my posts did I stick up for the guys who were involved.I never said they didn't make mistakes..but they had help..there is discipline that needs to come out of this..but on several levels...

And I do imagine if that was my wife and kid...and yes god forbid there would have been shots fired..but until we invent robocops, robodispatchers, and robocitizens who call in complaints, there will be mistakes...

My point is this....mistakes get made...some times they end in tragedy, sometimes they don't...they are never a good thing...but to just jump up and down and slam the agency and hope we get sued and hope the officers get fired and blah blah blah without knowing WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED is just wrong....Every cop who goes out and gets involved in stuff has pointed there gun and gone hands on with people who were just at the place at the wrong time...it makes us all look bad, it sucks that it happens, and yes we all feel like idiots when it's over..but it happens...and anyone who says they have never done anything wrong, is a liar, or is too scared to go to hot calls...

I will offer this also....perhaps this comes with time on...or just more training...but we should take a deep breath sometimes and try to see the big picture in everything...This is an unfortunate incident for all involved..I feel bad for the mother and her child, I feel bad for police agencies in this area, and I feel bad for the people involved....but once again, no one was hurt, everyone went home...and hopefully we all learned something..

just remember..that it doesnt always end this way..unarmed people have been shot in the back, lieing on the floor....

03-31-2007, 02:39 AM
dont say every cop has pointed their gun at someone ~ you must not have been around for very long.... most cops never pull their gun and in their time wearing a badge they never fire it at someone other than a target..... another thing is how can you say mistakes happen ~ when someone's life is on the line ~ cops cant make mistakes.... shootings, pursuits etc... when an innocent person dies ~ its called carelessness ~ and if your head is so far up your ass and you cant slow the situation down and think think think than you shouldnt be a cop!!!! your attitude sucks basically your saying " oh well the cops made a mistake and now some folks are dead " thats just plain stupid. the bottom line is " a few pppd officers ****ed up! " stop making excuses and defending them.......... enough said!!!

03-31-2007, 05:11 AM
good going dumb ass ! wonder why the SO wouldnt hire you

Paul Eathan Thomas Earl Roger Scott Owen Nick

03-31-2007, 09:24 AM
This is all that you need to do:

Don't lie and tell the boss everything that happened. If you F'd up......you F'd up. Take your licks.....go to beach cause your getting time off and think about what you did.

END OF STORY.

03-31-2007, 12:55 PM
To "I dont think so": You stated, "dont say every cop has pointed their gun at someone ~ you must not have been around for very long.... most cops never pull their gun and in their time wearing a badge they never fire it at someone other than a target." It is obvious that you are not a cop. You are a Rosie O'donnel watching, cool-aid drinking, Hillary Clinton votin, St Pete Times readin, LEFT WING LIBERAL. Am I wrong? That is an old wives tail about most cops never pulling their guns. I have pulled my gun out dozens of times, while working at the PPPD, and another agency, and was never told by a supervisor that me actions were wrong. When in doubt, pull it (GUN) out. My A$$ is going home at the end of the shift. If the bad guy leaves in a bag, so be it. If we make a mistake and point a gun at the wrong person, we apoligize, learn from it, and move on. If everyone goes home with no smokin holes, the day ended good. Instead of running your piehole on this site, wait till the investigation is done. Then and only then should you should state your opinion. Nuff said. Be safe all.

03-31-2007, 03:33 PM
I agree. Been an officer for over 10 years and had to pull, point or index my weapon a lot of times for various reasons. No, I have not been in a shooting or shot yet! I have arrested persons with guns on their person or in their car. I have also been told by one crying X15 that the 44 mag I found on his floor board was going to be used on me, but he knew that he could not get it from under the seat as I already had mine on him.

It's part of the job. I'm not saying anything at all about this incident as I have none of the facts. But I am not going to sit here and let some wannabe try and say that we go for the majority of our careers without clearing leater.

Like the other poster said, I am going home to my family. If I have to offend someone and write up an 04I, then so be it. I have pulled my gun hundreds of times, I am sure, and have NEVER been disciplines or counseled once as they were all what any "Reasonable Officer" would have done!

04-02-2007, 05:04 AM
I'd rather have the guy that's quick to draw when things don't look right than the one that has to think about it. I'd like to go home at night.

04-02-2007, 01:10 PM
I agree!!!! This woman is looking for a payout. People need to realize that what ever their "idea" that police are wrong, they are here to help. The St. Pete times has a nasty habit of showing all the negative issues. What about the positive ones.

So,,,, people think cops should just smile at people and wait to get shot. I think not.

What if this woman or officers were at the right store, she could have jeopardized the safety of everyone else. I bet if she would have gotten injured the headlines would have been "Police Fail To Protect Woman and Child". Either way it seems the police are on the losing end...................

04-02-2007, 02:19 PM
your not very smart ~ cops are suppose to serve and protect but they arent suppose to go to the wrong location and just pick some ramdon women not matching the description and treat them like criminals!

i wonder if the cops at the correct location pulled their guns.... ha! i bet they didnt the women wasnt even arrested or BA52.

your comments are dumb and make law enforcement look bad. cops like you use your power for the negative. dont let this badge go to your head.... thats when cops start to have problems....

she doesnt deserve a pay out????? ha! what do you think should happen " oh were sorry? " all these posts are really stupid and make LE look bad.... stop being cowboys and start being cops......

04-03-2007, 07:12 PM
WELL PPPD OFFICERS WERE STUPID AND THE DISPATCHERS SHOULD HAVE MADE SURE THEY WERE 10/12 WITH THE 1ST RESPONDING OFC...WELL WORKING FOR CLYDE THEY MUST HAVE DONE SOMETHING WRONG...

WHEN THE FIRST OFC ON SCENE SAID 10-97 AND THEN THE SECOND ONE WENT 10-97 AT THE OTHER LOCATION, DIDN'T THEY FIND IT STRANGE THAT THEY WERE THE ONLY ONES THERE!!! COME ON PEOPLE AND YOU CARRY GUNS...HOW SCAREY

ANYWAY ALL OF YOU HAD A PART IN THIS FIASCO. THE RADIO SYSTEM SUKKS ALWAYS HAS AND ALWAYS WILL BECAUSE ADMIN DON'T GIVE A SHI%T ABOUT OFC SAFETY.

THE OFFICERS SHOULD HAVE REPEATED 10-20 AS SHOULD THE DISPATCHERS....

MAYBE THE OFC SHOULD HAVE LOOKED AT HIS MDT FOR THE CORRECT ADDRESS, BUT THEN AGAIN WE ONLY HIRE THE BEST ILLETERATE A HOLES AROUND.
GIVE THOSE BOYS GPS :lol:

04-04-2007, 01:34 AM
WELL PPPD OFFICERS WERE STUPID AND THE DISPATCHERS SHOULD HAVE MADE SURE THEY WERE 10/12 WITH THE 1ST RESPONDING OFC...WELL WORKING FOR CLYDE THEY MUST HAVE DONE SOMETHING WRONG...

WHEN THE FIRST OFC ON SCENE SAID 10-97 AND THEN THE SECOND ONE WENT 10-97 AT THE OTHER LOCATION, DIDN'T THEY FIND IT STRANGE THAT THEY WERE THE ONLY ONES THERE!!! COME ON PEOPLE AND YOU CARRY GUNS...HOW SCAREY

ANYWAY ALL OF YOU HAD A PART IN THIS FIASCO. THE RADIO SYSTEM SUKKS ALWAYS HAS AND ALWAYS WILL BECAUSE ADMIN DON'T GIVE A SHI%T ABOUT OFC SAFETY.

MAYBE THE OFC SHOULD HAVE LOOKED AT HIS MDT FOR THE CORRECT ADDRESS, BUT THEN AGAIN WE ONLY HIRE THE BEST ILLETERATE A HOLES AROUND.

How can you say look at your MDC. Half the time it takes those queens in the comm center atleast 5 minutes to show you out on a call. That is if they even hear you. Unreal, were are accountable as officers. From the track record up there..... they are not. They need to be accountable for their actionsor lack there of.........

04-04-2007, 04:35 AM
BUT THEN AGAIN WE ONLY HIRE THE BEST ILLETERATE A HOLES AROUND

How true that is...It's Illiterate you stupid idiot..and how about not using all caps so we can see how awesome your sentence structure is. I love this place man..I really do..PPPD FOREVER!!!

04-04-2007, 04:41 AM
???? How was this the radio systems fault. We utilize a county wide radio system that every agency except one in the County uses. Of course that is our admins fault.

How it the world are going to slam our radio system in this. Hell, why not blame the cruiser that they rode in.

Just goes to show that you are just looking to slam anything and everything without giving it much thought.

04-05-2007, 03:52 AM
you should get the whole story before you start talking crap...obviously the person who started this thread is not a cop...but oh well, I guess that's what you get when you have a public forum..

Oh right, because cops (sorry LEOS) NEVER EVER make mistakes. Give me a break. There are good and bad in society everywhere! Whether you have a badge or not. Law enforcement officer is not greek for GOD stud. We all make mistakes. There are dumbas*$es that do dumb things in every aspect of society right on up to the president. The publics perception of officers is getting bad because there are officers who are getting bad. PERIOD. I do not want to believe this. NEVER ever would have thought this. But more and more everyday we see it. And more than not its the newcomers, the rookies who have something to prove. I think the problem is that crime has reached an all time high and there are not enough experiences officers out there. The young ones dont know now to handle situations and they panic and make mistakes. None the less, when that happens to you or someone your love it turns your world upside down. You have no idea what it puts a family through. I respect the law, and have taught my children to also but on the same token I do think that an officer should respect me as a fellow human being! I have rights as a fellow citizen just like a LEO does. If my kid did anything wrong he better fear what I would do rather than what a cop would do. There are good people out there who dont deserve to be talked to like crap and I have been treated like a 2nd class citizen from an officer when I was pulled over many many years ago. Going 10 miles over the speed limit does not make me a criminal, treat me with the respect you want to be treated with. Damn I'm tired of all the demands for respect. YOu get what you give. I must say however, I have met some very very nice officers. And by the way, I have LEO's in my family so I am not prejudice.

04-05-2007, 08:47 PM

How can you say look at your MDC. Half the time it takes those queens in the comm center atleast 5 minutes to show you out on a call. That is if they even hear you. Unreal, were are accountable as officers. From the track record up there..... they are not. They need to be accountable for their actionsor lack there of.........

Well I can say look at your MDT it has the correct address on it. As for training???LOL Look who the supervisor is and that will say it all in the lack of training. And we could hear you if you got the sh$t out of your mouths and spoke properly. Dispatch is just as accountable for their actions as you Leo's are. As for the track record, if they kept the good dispatchers and stopped hiring crap then it would be better. All the good ones left years ago thanks to previous and present supervisors.

04-05-2007, 10:49 PM
How true that is...It's Illiterate you stupid idiot..and how about not using all caps so we can see how awesome your sentence structure is. I love this place man..I really do..PPPD FOREVER!!!

you love this place.... ha! how can you say that???? PPPD is not forever soon the SO will take over, trust me.... pinellas county will become metro pinellas.... you must be one of the assholes that like to kiss ass and brown nose.... i bet you like sitting under a tree while others are taking calls.... PPPD FOREVER!!! Are you still in high school... oh wait im sorry maybe you are an explorer!!!!!

04-06-2007, 01:39 AM
To paraphrase our deputy friend who worked with us in the past but then left and now haunts our site because he has no life....

Blah Blah...PCSO #1...Blah Blah...Pinellas Park sucks...blah blah...PCSO can beat up your mom...Blah Blah...Your mom wears combat boots....Blah Blah...Metro Pinellas....Blah Blah....PCSO the best....blah blah...8 years ago the supervisors sucked....blah blah...conspiracy....devil...evil....head spinning...blah blah blah blah....my life sucks....I have no life....must bug Pinellas Park....I am so Happy.....You are not....blah blah blah...I was mediocre then....blah blah...still am now....

Thanks for the entertainment.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

04-06-2007, 04:34 AM
To paraphrase our deputy friend who worked with us in the past but then left and now haunts our site because he has no life....

Blah Blah...PCSO #1...Blah Blah...Pinellas Park sucks...blah blah...PCSO can beat up your mom...Blah Blah...Your mom wears combat boots....Blah Blah...Metro Pinellas....Blah Blah....PCSO the best....blah blah...8 years ago the supervisors sucked....blah blah...conspiracy....devil...evil....head spinning...blah blah blah blah....my life sucks....I have no life....must bug Pinellas Park....I am so Happy.....You are not....blah blah blah...I was mediocre then....blah blah...still am now....

Thanks for the entertainment.

Go play with your toy cars!!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

04-07-2007, 05:21 AM
Is your department going to fold if the Florida tax base dont give you a break.

04-07-2007, 05:53 AM
Doesn't appear there has been any talk of it.

The city media folks have been down playing it a bit in the papers.

Clearwater is the city talking about getting rid of their PD.