PDA

View Full Version : ADMIN

03-28-2007, 05:28 AM
Does the Sheriff really know what is going on in the patrol division, or does the Chief and other uppers just tell him everything is fine and dandy? I think if the Sheriff knew what the troops felt and dealt with every day, some major changes would be forth coming. What do you guys think? Additionally, does the PRB Unit realize we have other problems that need focusing on? We have guys in our patrol division kissing off calls, gossiping, and rrying to submarine many of our troops on a daily basis. Many of them desereve it, but what kind of example does this send to all the new guys? I wish they spent more time investigating the bad apples amongst our patrol teams rather than clocking our speeds late at night with no other cars on the road.

03-28-2007, 02:17 PM
If you are speeding at night when no other cars are on the road then YOU are one of the bad apples and you are the reason PRB has a job! Just because no one else is on the road is not an excuse to break the law or policy! Being a good deputy and of moral character is easy when people are watching. The true test is what you do when no one else is watching.

As for the Sheriff… he knows exactly what is going on with the road. So what “Major” changes do you propose? The crime rate keeps going down, we keep getting the best equipment and training and our pay continues to go up!

As far as “We have guys in our patrol division kissing off calls, gossiping, and trying to submarine many of our troops on a daily basis”… Obviously you have very little experience in this line of work or have never worked anywhere else and therefore have nothing to compare us to. This in a nutshell is the nature of law enforcement. It was this way before you and I started and it will be this way long after we leave.

Don’t let these little things control your emotions or feelings and you will have a stress free and happy career… no matter what agency you work for!

Good luck

03-28-2007, 04:08 PM
George,
I speed almost everywhere I go, which is usually a worth while place to help people out. I don't go faster than what is safe for the conditions (typically), but I will drive 70 down Radio if going to a hot call.

I will not entertain your jabs at me. I seriously doubt you push a patrol car around and deal with the shop on a regular basis. Now if it sounded as if I were jabbing all of the hard working people at the shop, then that was be inaccurate, but I stand behind the fact the supervisor of that place has too much power. Start asking the patrol guys, a majority will express the same feelings.

03-28-2007, 07:16 PM
I can assure you that after all these years doing the job I still push a Green and White. I am active, proactive and my stats and peers know it. With that said, you should not judge one by the amount of calls you handle but rather by the quality at which you handle the call. Are you within policy, the law and have you genuinely assisted the public utilizing all of your resources and experience? Or do you hurry to a call, spend more time that what it would take to handle the call properly just to brag to your partners how great you were to Whiskey it?

There is no reason to be doing 70 mph down Radio without your lights and siren on!! To do so is not only against policy but places YOU and the agency in great civil liability. There are too many pedestrians walking in that area (Especially near the Circle K) to be doing that type of speed without running your lights or siren. Just you stating that you do this tells me that you are relatively new to the job. After you have spent some time doing this, you will realize that it is not worth risking your life, career or reputation for a person who may be a victim one night and a suspect the next. Responding to fellow officers who ask for help are always the exception to the rule.

On to the shop…I am sure that I have dealt with Shawn (Harvey before Shawn) much more than you but you have to understand their job and roles before you can judge. Basically you are speaking from a lack of knowledge and it shows. No disrespect or jabs to you but what do you call stating what you have about Shawn and the shop without walking in their shoes!

Shawn has NO power, only the responsibilities to manage his department. The power you refer to are from deputies who are in his chain of command. Any deputy who has any insight to how this agency (or any agency for that matter) is run will understand why and how things are done. Stop speaking negatively with a limited knowledge of how we operate and channel that energy and frustration in learning how it all works. Only then will you be able to make smart, logical recommendations to fix the problem and not be another link that is part of the problem.

Offer solutions and not distractions behind anonymity.

Ten8hotel
03-28-2007, 11:11 PM
I can't believe we still have deputies justifying speed with the cloak of "hot call". If you think you're justified in the speed you are traveling then turn your lights on.. ... turn them off when you've slowed back down. A man with your position CAN make that decision and should for your own protection. Not protection from PRB or a ticket but from the SAO when they sit you down in front of a Grand Jury with a manslaughter charge for plastering a drunk pedestrian or Q-tip pulling out in front of you and you hit them squareley on the drivers door at 70. Remove your cape sir. Naples Daily News headline " Speeding deputy kills elderly couple- Troopers say he didn't have his lights or siren on.". Man they are ALL hot calls until you learn better. How many times do you get to a hot call and it was nothing like it was dispacthed. How many times after work did YOU have trouble living with yourself because there was a call that would have saved the day if you'd only gotten there two minutes sooner?... Think about it when you go back to work D-3 Sunday night. I see more posts here from other "green and white pushers" that support this "concept" than yours skippy. Re-evaluate , ask a mentor.... maybe a field super that has your respect because he's worked his way up the ladder on the road ...probably at night for years and years of hot calls.

03-29-2007, 12:31 AM
I like Shawn. He has cop-like hair and also works at the Bass Pro Shop. Be nice to him, understand the massive shell game he has to play, treat the equipment well and you'll have no problems.

I liked Harvey. He looked real smart for a fleet manager.

I like to speed on occasion, but generally use my intelligence, education and experience (i.e. discretion) to determine the parameters.

I like George. I like his name. I like to pet him.

I type slow when ten9h0tel is around.

Everything I need to know I learned in kindergarten.

03-29-2007, 01:02 AM
DPARKER Any comments on these topics? Share some insight how it compares here to your years at Hillsborough County S.O. Is it any coincidence you're still at Collier and not back at HCSO? Some folks need some clarification about greener grass.

03-29-2007, 01:34 AM
To those who are not happy. Please take the time to read through the posts on agencies nearby on this website. Davie police,Clearwater,Bradenton,Belle Glade, take your pick they are all miserable. Is it really a problem that u dont like the shop dude? or that the jail is no fun when you want to impress your girl when u tell her you are a deputy but are embarissed for some reason cause it's not on the road yet.

03-29-2007, 07:18 AM
CCSO is a terrific agency with a majority of it's cop's being some of the elite officers in the state. I do not believe you must like all the people you work with, nor do you have to act as if you do. Some people on here like to use this website as a place to vent, and I think that is ok. I don't think anyone should take these posts personal, or attack ones thoughts. It is simply cops venting. I would rather it be here than to people on the street. I don't agree with alot of stuff on here, but I don't hammer anyone when they post replies with harsh words or feelings. Afterall, we are all brothers and sisters in the same profession.

Ten8hotel
03-29-2007, 09:53 PM
That last comment puts things back into perspective. We really are family no matter what disagreements we may have , I have no hesitation in knowing if the time ever came for me to loose my life for any one of you it would be worth it. Each of us knows this after we endured a deadly situation and then later when it was over suddenly realized we didn't worry much at all for our own safety. Semper Peratus

Red Devil
04-08-2007, 10:13 PM
Yes this Agency is a good place to work, it beats the heck out of roofing for a living but we do have issues and some very serious ones at that. As far as speeding in your CCSO vehicle, or your personal vehicle for that matter, lets face it, everyone has done, will do it and is going to do it again. There is a huge difference at going 100 MPH to get to a 21/32 call, and then there is going 65 MPH in a 55 posted zone at anytime. Property crime is never worth a chance of killing someone. Also there is no reason for 114 MPH race home down an empty street at 3am, but we have many people in very high places that have done it.
As far as “ratting out” people for driving too fast, leave it to PRB. If you see a squad or known CCSO vehicle running too fast for your own comfort, call dispatch and find out who is assigned to the vehicle, then have the courage to call that person and ask them to slow it down. If you want to sit on 846 on the D-8/D-4 line and purposely run radar on CCSO vehicles just to pass your time then I suggest you start going into your District Neighborhoods at night and look for some of our Organized Cuban Ring leaders instead. I personally would not give George Manson a ticket for 64/55 9 over is just not enough to me to show intent, but if L.C. has nothing better to do then I wish him luck in his processing to Seminole County SO and just hope they work a bit faster in bringing this fine future PRB investigator over to their team!
:evil:

04-09-2007, 03:10 AM
Red Devil, I have heard rumor Luke Colbert has been doing this to cops. I would have a hard time believing this. Can you give an example, because I have yet to hear one. I have only heard the rumors. Thanks for having the courgae to actually put his initials up there. I have no problem putting their name, because people need to know. If it isn't true, then knock it off people. If it is true, then it is what it is.

04-09-2007, 03:47 AM
If a cop stops me for speeding in a squad car and actually trys to write me a ticket, CCSO will not only lose another officer, but they will lose a supporter. This needs to stop. Cops are educated on the consequences of speeding. What is a ticket issued for? It is issued to educate. Why educate someone that already knows the consequences. Luke..I doubt this stuff is true. I find it hard to believe Cop's are writing other cop's tickets or even turning them into PRB. Lets educate the uneducated people and stop this non-sense. I have recently heard PRB Investigators are investigating this site and it's users. If anyon else has information about this, please let us know. I will leave this site if my freedom of speech is being violated.

04-09-2007, 04:17 AM
I agree with the last few comments including the RED DEVIL. Since when did we get so bored we needed to wait for cop cars to speed to promote? If you are that bored I am sure the PI running for Sheriff can give you some work. Is Todd Davis still in D-4? Cpl. Davis......please educate your guys on doing the right thing and getting the BAD GUYS. Lets work as a team here. The only person I know out there that I have respect for is Todd Davis. He is a true warrior and a good deputy. Maybe Sgt. Mosbach needs to step up a bit and start doing rather than acting.

bosco
04-09-2007, 05:26 AM
The last comments are true. People on here need to realize that we under the microscope 24/7 by the public. We are not fireman, whom the public loves. We need to watch out for each other, not take each out for little things like 64/55.
I can give you some examples of Luke. Stopped a cid invetsigator for 63/55 on 846 by 6 mile bridge. Even bragged to the investigator about stopping 6 deputy's from D-8. Then he went back to his squad room and was bragging to the other shifts and his Sgt about stopping guys from D-8. He stopped a deputy who was in his p.o.v. and in uniform for 63/55. Then proceeded to tell the dep. Hold on I like to F with you guys. Went back to his squad and ran his name on his mdt. So there is a couple.
As far Sgt Mausbach he did talk to his troops about the situation and tried to speak to the other deputy but that went in one ear out the other.

04-09-2007, 03:19 PM
He's done this before and is still doing it. He needs to re-think his approach. However, he is typical of some of the guys that are getting hired on nowadays. Maybe next time he's getting his A-- whipped, we ALL might go the speed limit when responding to help him.

04-09-2007, 07:17 PM
road cops looking to stop other cops. if this is true, what a sad turn of events. yes, it is in part an issue that rests with the cops who are so gung-ho, looking to make a name for themselves on the backs of thier brothers. it is also due in part to the agency culture. I can't believe what we have come to. how sad

04-10-2007, 02:45 AM
Why don't you guys just go ask Luke if he's doing this stuff. If he is, I hope he has the cojones to admit it, then let him know of your distaste. If not, let him know about the rumor and back him up by telling him you will set peoples rumor mill mouths right.

As far as PRB checking your speed, I hate to think there is someone up there that is actually doing this on their own. I hope that there have been numerous complaints called in and PRB has started an investigation. I can't imagine a Deputy, even assigned to PRB, would try and start something like this on his own.

Even though I can't stand the fact they are there, or believe in what they do, PRB is a necessary evil. The few IA's I've been in have been pretty cut and dry. If I screwed up, I admitted it and took my medicine. So far, in the many years I've worked here, there has been only ONE case that was total B.S. Even though it took awhile, I came out on top and was none the worse for wear.

Crap, I climbed on my soap-box. Sorry.

04-10-2007, 05:37 AM
Bosco, is this stuff about him bragging and telling the investigator factual? If so, someone needs to sit down with this guy and have a heart to heart. I worked with this guy in D-7 and he seemed to be pretty squared away.

I hope I didn't get the wrong impression of him.

Todd Davis still rules D-4!!!