PDA

View Full Version : Questions about BBPD

03-25-2007, 12:00 AM
How many sworn officers are at BBPD? How many citizens live in the City of Boynton Beach? Will the city build a new police station or will it get the old building from the fire department?

03-25-2007, 12:26 AM
How many sworn officers are at BBPD? How many citizens live in the City of Boynton Beach? Will the city build a new police station or will it get the old building from the fire department?

About 150 sworn, approximately 60,000 residents, and speaking the with city manager no new pd, they can't afford the current fire stations they're building. Tax cuts are going to take about 42 million out of the city budget. Hope this helps!

03-28-2007, 12:41 AM
Interesting reply, not quite accurate though.
There are alot more than 60,000 residents, a census from a few years ago was over 67,000 and Boynton has grown considerably since that census..
I heard that a new Police station is already planned and budgeted, I even heard that it will be started one year ahead of schedule.

03-28-2007, 02:19 AM
Interesting reply, not quite accurate though.
There are alot more than 60,000 residents, a census from a few years ago was over 67,000 and Boynton has grown considerably since that census..
I heard that a new Police station is already planned and budgeted, I even heard that it will be started one year ahead of schedule.

And here we are once again, with you provided wrong information. I told you once before to get your facrs straight before you speak. The current population of BB is about 58,000. http://factfinder.census.gov/servlet/AC ... h&pgsl=010 (http://factfinder.census.gov/servlet/ACSSAFFFacts?_event=Search&geo_id=&_geoContext=&_street=&_county=boynton+beach&_cityTown=boynton+beach&_state=04000US12&_zip=&_lang=en&_sse=on&pctxt=fph&pgsl=010).

Also according for FDLE BBPD patrols a population about 62,000 people.

Also, call your city manager and ask about the new PD, it ain't going to happen with two new fire stations.

Listen man, I'm sorry for this dumb fight. It good to have pride in your agency as I do in mine so if you disrespect my agency, I'm going to disrespect yours. Stay safe.

03-28-2007, 06:06 PM
Oh, here we go again. Tell you what, anytime you would like to discuss the issues I would be glad to talk to you.

I'm not sure where you get the disrespect thing, but you do seem to be hung up on it.

The new Fire Stations have no effect on the new Police Department as far as I have been told, however you seem to believe that you know more than I do about the matter. Again anytime you would like to discuss it I would be glad to talk with you.

03-28-2007, 06:45 PM
Just re-read the post, the 67,000 should have been 57,000, I hit the wrong key.

03-28-2007, 09:07 PM
Just re-read the post, the 67,000 should have been 57,000, I hit the wrong key.

Okay so then I wasn't wrong and neither were you.

08-28-2007, 11:02 PM
the typical debates when it could be corrected in a manly fashion.

Anyway I'd like to add that Eichorst is hot as all get out!!!!!!!

08-30-2007, 05:45 PM
I retired after 10 yrs with BBPD as a LT. when i started in 74 there were about 20 patrolmen and the new station had just opened. It was a lot of fun back then and it was the best 10yrs of my career-keep it up