PDA

View Full Version : Stanton

03-24-2007, 02:00 PM
Anyone see the St. Pete Times article titled, "Despite Outcry, Stanton Fired."? Oh my.............take a look at the very last person quoted. A citizen from Largo named "Jimmy Dean"

Even the sausage king has come out to speak.

Link or patty Stanton?

03-24-2007, 02:07 PM
Link.

03-24-2007, 02:57 PM
Link, c'mon you know he's getting that chopped off!

03-24-2007, 04:16 PM
My God, how could you mutilate your body like that?

I hope he doesn't regret it years down the road because you can't just change it back. Ask Bobbitt, it will never be the same.

Poor little pee-pee. :shock:

03-24-2007, 11:20 PM
I worked for the City of Largo many years ago and unfortunately while Steve Stanton was City Manager. I saw how he would say one thing and then go back on his word. I have seen him demoralize people and render them completely inaffective even though they were smarter than he was.

Just reading the articles in the newspapers and some of Steve Stanton's comments, it would lead someone to belive that he was having problems many years ago that affected his ability to make sound and proper decisions.

He even said that on many occassions he had difficulty in coming to terms with himself as a person, so don't you think that maybe he also was slightly adrift at the wheel when making decisions that would affect the citizens in addition to the employees of his city?

Firing Steve Stanton for his personal sexual being will probably get the City of Largo sued. If the city council had done their homework and had spoken with employees and citizens regarding Steve Stanton's ability to run the city, then they might have had a chance.

Steve Stanton should have been upfront with his city council and taken a personal leave of absence to confront his decisions in life. I believe Steve Stanton knew that there would be an immediate outcry for his dismissal and will most assuredly sue the city and again come out on top.
He will again take something that belongs to the citizens of Largo and the employees (money) that could have been used for many other things, but definitely not for his personal gain.

03-25-2007, 07:27 PM
Please remember Stanton is an "at will" employee, no reason needs to be given to terminate his contract. Also, if you read Sunday's St Pete Times I think you will understand exactly why he was terminated. Good job