PDA

View Full Version : 20 MILE RULE

03-22-2007, 02:11 AM
WHAT IS WITH THE LIVING WITHIN 20 MILES OF THE DEPT. THAT IS RIDICULOUS, I LIVE 30 MILES AND I CAN'T WORK THERE UNLESS I SELL MY HOUSE AND MOVE 10 MORE MILES TOWARDS PC. I CAN UNDERSTAND NOT LETTING ME HAVE A TAKE HOME CAR BUT WHY DOES THE DEPT CARE WHERE I LIVE?

03-22-2007, 03:43 AM
It's to keep IDIOTS who do not understand response time in the event of emergencies!!!

03-25-2007, 01:21 AM
Come on man are you serious? A 20 mile aeronautical living radius is freaking great. Find a agency closer to you if you don't want to move but don't get mad at the PD. I live on the east side of Lakeland and am aloud to drive a squad car to and from work and not buy gas.....to me....it is more than fair.

03-26-2007, 12:50 AM
That's up 5 miles from what it was not even a month ago. 20 miles in a straight line from the department is a damn long ways. If i remember correctly, it puts you past the east side of the Polk Parkway, and damn near to Malfunction Junction to the west. You can't really be mad about that? :roll:

03-26-2007, 03:09 AM
I WOULD NOT EVEN RESPONDED TO THAT COMPLAINT....NO MATTER WHAT YOU ALWAYS HAVE SOMEONE NOT HAPPY. TWENTY MILES IS A LONG WAY. I SAY IF THAT'S NOT GOOD ENOUGH GO WORK FOR THE COUNTY. SOME AGENCIES LIKE POLK YOU CANT EVEN LIVE OUTSIDE THE COUNTY. :twisted: