PDA

View Full Version : TIME OFF

03-21-2007, 07:18 PM
As I indicated in a previous posting earlier today the P.B.A. reps were meeting with Deputy Chief Aguilera over the leave policy. This is the results of the meeting, for more details speak to Sgt. Duke or Lt. Fernandez.

Leave shall be handled as it was before the sector 1 and 4 interpretation came out.

If there is an Officer on extended leave(exactly 2 weeks) another Officer will be allowed to take the day off regardless if it incurs overtime or not. The way millitary leave, family leave or sick injured leave will be counted the way it was previous to the new sector 1 and 4 interpertation, which is business as usaul. this means that if an Officer is off for the above reasons, again another officer will be allowed off regardless if it incurs overtime or not.

While this is federal Law is I mentioned in previous posting and pretty much they had to do it, lets realize that this was a compromise that benefited both sides. We need to stop bickering at each other and get the job done. This was a positvie step and shows that if you do not overeact and arm yourself with true knowledge you can achive your desires without retribution.

My advise to everyone is if it is a lawful order or reasonable request for production, go and do it. We have been fighting the system for years and what has it really gotten us. And if you just don't like policework anymore which does happen, find another career. If that is not an option than just do what your asked and more likely than not you will not be messed with.

I and contrary to popular belief plenty of others are willing to fight the fight worth fighting, but you the proletelians need to gives us the ammo to fight with. For those of you who still don't get it. Do your job and give us production and I would stand in front of the LT'S, Capt's, Deputy Chief's, Chief and even the Mayor to get what we need to perform our jobs.

03-21-2007, 10:14 PM
I just got back from an out of town training seminar and I must say it was great. It was great to get away from you clowns at least for a couple of days!

For that Idiot that posted that he had a conversation with me the other day. I must say this. While for you getting the chance to speak with me must have been a memorable experience for me it was just a Wednesday! What to you was a big deal to me is business as usual. However, we did not have a conversation. I told you in a direct order to do something and you said "Yes Sir, Right away Sir". That is not exactly what I call a conversation you clown. But at least I am glad I have such an impact on you GED'rs. Must be the well dressed suits I wear. By the way that is what you get to wear when you go to college, remember what you mother use to tell you.

However, I am in heaven I have seen such a drastic change in sector one I almost did not recognize the place. Kudos to you Sergio, you are the best commander in the whole city!!! My sources have told me that many of the GED'rs from sector one will be leaving next bid. Well enjoy because in a couple of month there will be no place to hide in the entire HPD!! I have just made a move that is genius if I say so my self. It will not take effect for a couple of month's but when it does Check Mate GED'rs!!!!

Please stop talking nonsense about the City of Doral, they would not touch any of you with a ten foot pole! and I hear you need a college degree to work there, which rules out 99% of you.

:twisted: :evil:

03-22-2007, 01:15 AM
ALUIS FOR PBA REP I SAY....

03-22-2007, 04:13 PM
Please stop kidding yourself, we fight for scraps when you deserve so much more. No rep will do any good, what is a lawyer without a client - Nothing!! What are reps without people to file grievances and fight - Nothing! I do believe Luis would make an excellent rep because he is a natural fighter, no holds bar. However, if there are those of you that are willing to pick a fight then file a grievances when they will not allow you to take a day off because there is already one person off and it will incur overtime. As long as the OT can be schedule ahead of time there is no affect on operations and overtime in itself can not be used as the single excuse to deny compensatory time. That is the law and we would have a decent chance of winning that one. However, we would rather call in sick and then get burned than fight head on.

I am not putting anyone down because I have recently questioned my will to fight also. There are those who can not afford to endure the malicious wrath that would come down on them for fighting for what is right. I also understand this. But do not lie to yourself. I am at a cross roads, I keep debating everyday whether I should leave and I am very close to putting applications somewhere else. The only thing that has kept me from doing so is, to the contrastive of Mr. Concepcion, the COPS I work with. To know that if I am in the Sh*t one day, that there are those that are coming for me no matter what. Yes for Me, because they will not allow some scumbag to get the better of me at least not for long. That is hard to walk away from. While other departments have better pay and benefits I am not sure they have that closeness, not as much as here at least. And even you Mr. Don't Care about you would be there for me.

Mr. Luis, I hope that one day you will rise in rank at least to a Captain. You are what you are and no rank or man can ever change that. While many with rank would label you as being perhaps a bit outspoken and perhaps disgruntle I have not found anyone who wants the best for HPD more than you. You lead by example and wear your heart on your sleeve. There is no lie in you and in a place like HPD it can be seen as a bad characteristic. However, do not change it for anyone because those that follow you, would follow you into any battle not because they have to but because they trust you and so would I.

There are so many good leaders here at HPD. I do not say leaders by rank but leaders by example and courage. It is dis-hearting when I hear some of them thinking about leaving and moving on. I do not want to post people's names, but to the afternoon sector one sergeants keep your heads up. For the afternoon shift you do not know how hard they fight for you. But you must also understand they can only do so much against this raging machine. To a certain Shift Commander you represent Honor in the way you choose to live everyday. These are just examples but HPD is full of good people caught up in a very very bad organization.

What is HPD? What does it stand for? Where are the plaques at the main station lobby which state what we stand for? Other than our fallen heroes where are the pictures and plaques of our past leaders, which should instill pride? How did HPD officers dress 50 years ago? Is there anything in our organization which shows us what HPD was and what it is? To know who we are as HPD COPS we must also now who we were.

I know many will post things laughing and mocking what I have said. I just hope that HPD has not made all of us stop caring.