PDA

View Full Version : FHP /// NO CHACE POLICY

03-21-2007, 12:11 AM
FHP has a NO CHASE POLICY and will shut off the lights... LOL

03-21-2007, 01:21 AM
Yes thats true, however most of the time there is a plane in the air, or a helio, depending on which county your dumb as* doesnt stop in. So it can follow you home and where ever you go!!!

03-21-2007, 01:23 AM
Nice to see that the same brain that typed that statement. Cant spell either..tard!

03-21-2007, 09:35 AM
Yes thats true, however most of the time there is a plane in the air, or a helio, depending on which county your dumb as* doesnt stop in. So it can follow you home and where ever you go!!!

Haha, there is? All the times I break off a chase or hear another trooper do it nothing more is ever said. It is a big joke. Just keep your foot on the gas and dont stop. The cops will never catch you unless you wreck.

cougarcop
03-21-2007, 10:20 AM
And then I get to come a long and clean up your mess, tell your family, your dumb a#* killed yourself....They cry and weep..and say "He would never drive like that" and then there is one less of you dumb a*$'s out there driving like a dumb a#*!.... Great motivation to speed!!!!!! Fine by me.. Job Security! :?

03-21-2007, 06:55 PM

I am a law enforcement Pilot in the Tampa area. This statement is ridiculous! FHP has sold all of the helicopters and very rarely uses planes anymore other than just writing tickets along I95.

FHP doesn't chase because they don't want to held responsible for the crash and tarnish their "Image".

03-21-2007, 08:48 PM
Oh really, just the other day I heard FHP followed a motorcylce from Manatee county, all the way to Brandon with 4 troopers following behind a few miles. Bike stopped and subject fled. Bike was seized, owner was idenitifed by wintess, felony charges were filed for a number of charges. So your right, never happens???

03-21-2007, 09:15 PM

I am a law enforcement Pilot in the Tampa area. This statement is ridiculous! FHP has sold all of the helicopters and very rarely uses planes anymore other than just writing tickets along I95.

FHP doesn't chase because they don't want to held responsible for the crash and tarnish their "Image".

This is so true. The guy posted about Troopers in Manatee County is obviously not a Trooper. FHP doesn't use helicopters, but they do use the plane once in a while.

03-21-2007, 10:11 PM
Man arrested after high-speed chase

SARASOTA - A Bradenton man charged with reckless driving and fleeing to elude after being clocked at 123 miles per hour on I-75 this weekend.

Florida Highway Patrol troopers were up in an aircraft Sunday just before noon.

The driver was excessively speeding in the 70 mile per hour zone, near Clark Road.

21-year-old Edgar Perez was going south, with a 20-year-old passenger on his Yamaha motorcycle.

Perez wouldn't stop for troopers, even two that stepped into traffic to flag him over.

The plane followed him all the way into Lee County. That's where Perez was found at the home of his passenger in Lehigh Acres.

He was taken into custody and booked into the Sarasota County Jail, where he is being held on 6-thousand dollars bond.

03-21-2007, 10:30 PM
LOL.....WHAT WAS THAT?? YOU SAID FHP DOESNT DO THIS, KISS MY AS* FRIEND.. HAVE A GREAT DAY

03-21-2007, 11:16 PM
LOL.....WHAT WAS THAT?? YOU SAID FHP DOESNT DO THIS, KISS MY AS* FRIEND.. HAVE A GREAT DAY

03-27-2007, 02:57 AM
The only people who get tickets are the decent law abiding citizens who pull over. The shi*bags continue to be shi*bags and just drive away. Gotta love FHP'S pursuit policy. :D

03-27-2007, 03:16 AM
The only people who get tickets are the decent law abiding citizens who pull over. The shi*bags continue to be shi*bags and just drive away. Gotta love FHP'S pursuit policy. :D

Exactly. We dont stop the people that actually need to be stopped. It is no different than not being able to stop some car going 140mph on the interstate because of my slow Crown Vic. Troopers will write people doing 10 and 15mph over the limit all day long but the car that REALLY needs to be stopped for going 140 gets away. Until we address these issues our job is a total joke and accomplishes little.

03-27-2007, 05:17 AM

Exactly. We dont stop the people that actually need to be stopped. It is no different than not being able to stop some car going 140mph on the interstate because of my slow Crown Vic. Troopers will write people doing 10 and 15mph over the limit all day long but the car that REALLY needs to be stopped for going 140 gets away. Until we address these issues our job is a total joke and accomplishes little.

Its a shame that FHP let a lawyer and ex-sheriff re-write most of our pursuit policy about 16 years ago, and its a shame that the chase that brought all that on was not even an FHP chase. I believe it was Hillsorough Co. that was chasing a skumbag who killed 2 girls at an intersection. Back when FHP could chase anything, not too many people ran from us. Now that its only crimes of violence that we can chase for a lot of people run from us. We need to start training to do the PIT manuever and other things to shut down a chase right after it starts. A GPS monitor may lead me to a car but it doesnt always produce a driver.

03-27-2007, 03:49 PM
I used to work in communications at a sheriff's office and it was to my understanding they had a policy to the effect of only having max. of 2 troopers that can chase.

03-28-2007, 04:03 AM
I used to work in communications at a sheriff's office and it was to my understanding they had a policy to the effect of only having max. of 2 troopers that can chase.

This is true. It was to keep from having a caravan of patrol cars running balls to the wall after someone. Its still that way but now its for crimes of violence only. All other pursuits are prohibited.

09-05-2007, 10:18 PM
PURSUITS FOR CRIMES OF VIOLENCE ONLY ? I HAVE BEEN 10-8 WHEN A PURSUIT FOR MURDER SUSPECT (KILLED 5-7 PEOPLE DIFF. STATES) WAS NOT ALLOWED B/C THE S.O. ALREADY HAD 2 UNITS CHASING , ONE TPR RUNNING LASER NEVER STOPPED AS PURSUIT WENT BY . PATHETIC. ALSO ANOTHER INVOLVED AGG ASSAULT ON LEO. NOT ALLOWED B/C OUR POLICY SAYS " THE RAMMING OF OR ATTEMPTED RAMMING OF A PATROL CAR IS NOT CHASABLE". THIS IS WHY S.O.'S DON'T EVEN CALL US SOMETIMES CAUSE THEY KNOW HOW MUCH HELP WE'LL BE. :? OH AND IF AN AIRCRAFT HELPS SLIM CHANCE IT'LL BE AN FHP UNIT.

09-05-2007, 10:38 PM
PURSUITS FOR CRIMES OF VIOLENCE ONLY ? I HAVE BEEN 10-8 WHEN A PURSUIT FOR MURDER SUSPECT (KILLED 5-7 PEOPLE DIFF. STATES) WAS NOT ALLOWED B/C THE S.O. ALREADY HAD 2 UNITS CHASING , ONE TPR RUNNING LASER NEVER STOPPED AS PURSUIT WENT BY . PATHETIC. ALSO ANOTHER INVOLVED AGG ASSAULT ON LEO. NOT ALLOWED B/C OUR POLICY SAYS " THE RAMMING OF OR ATTEMPTED RAMMING OF A PATROL CAR IS NOT CHASABLE". THIS IS WHY S.O.'S DON'T EVEN CALL US SOMETIMES CAUSE THEY KNOW HOW MUCH HELP WE'LL BE. :? OH AND IF AN AIRCRAFT HELPS SLIM CHANCE IT'LL BE AN FHP UNIT.

Oh yea the FHP planes really help out with the pilots to busy chasing someone going 72 in a 70, yep get'em get'em 72 72 on the red car, ohhhhh i am so excited he's really putting on the brakes now, that lil stopwatch will really catch those bad guys, ewwwwwwwww

09-06-2007, 01:30 AM
I agree that there is a problem w/ the policy (even though it's not really a "no chase" policy, it's a crime of violence chase policy) However, this discussion makes it seem like it's only an FHP issue. Most agencies are facing the same restrictions. We can only hope that one day (I'm sure after some "important" person's family member is affected) that the pendulum will swing back towards Law Enforcement. Made the supreme court decision will give it a push.

09-06-2007, 02:02 AM
The FHP aircraft have been instrumental in the apprehension of several fleeing motorcyles in the past few weeks, a fleeing stolen pickup truck over the weekend, and on at least two occassions the apprehension of well over a dozen reckless and/or fleeing motorcyclists. FHP aircraft have consistently assisted in the location of stolen vehicles and equipment, fleeing suspects on foot, and surveillance operations.
So 7 Mary 3, take a 10-7 and bone up on your facts.

Oh yea the FHP planes really help out with the pilots to busy chasing someone going 72 in a 70, yep get'em get'em 72 72 on the red car, ohhhhh i am so excited he's really putting on the brakes now, that lil stopwatch will really catch those bad guys, ewwwwwwwww

09-06-2007, 02:34 AM
The FHP aircraft have been instrumental in the apprehension of several fleeing motorcyles in the past few weeks, a fleeing stolen pickup truck over the weekend, and on at least two occassions the apprehension of well over a dozen reckless and/or fleeing motorcyclists. FHP aircraft have consistently assisted in the location of stolen vehicles and equipment, fleeing suspects on foot, and surveillance operations.

[quote="7 MARY 3":2fc2q8co]PURSUITS FOR CRIMES OF VIOLENCE ONLY ? I HAVE BEEN 10-8 WHEN A PURSUIT FOR MURDER SUSPECT (KILLED 5-7 PEOPLE DIFF. STATES) WAS NOT ALLOWED B/C THE S.O. ALREADY HAD 2 UNITS CHASING , ONE TPR RUNNING LASER NEVER STOPPED AS PURSUIT WENT BY . PATHETIC. ALSO ANOTHER INVOLVED AGG ASSAULT ON LEO. NOT ALLOWED B/C OUR POLICY SAYS " THE RAMMING OF OR ATTEMPTED RAMMING OF A PATROL CAR IS NOT CHASABLE". THIS IS WHY S.O.'S DON'T EVEN CALL US SOMETIMES CAUSE THEY KNOW HOW MUCH HELP WE'LL BE. :? OH AND IF AN AIRCRAFT HELPS SLIM CHANCE IT'LL BE AN FHP UNIT.

Oh yea the FHP planes really help out with the pilots to busy chasing someone going 72 in a 70, yep get'em get'em 72 72 on the red car, ohhhhh i am so excited he's really putting on the brakes now, that lil stopwatch will really catch those bad guys, ewwwwwwwww[/quote:2fc2q8co]

Yea, and if we could pursue each trooper could get that activity in a year easily. FHP needs to let us be real cops. That airplane just does what we arent allowed to do by FHP's wonderful policy.

09-06-2007, 12:22 PM
FHP AIRCRAFT , I think our aircraft do catch some bad guys but there are so few aircraft around the state they are not readily available. Atleast up north (usually the s.o.'s chopper called up) Maybe u r a pilot so i'm sorry if u got offended, wish we had more planes 10-8.

09-06-2007, 08:07 PM
FHP AIRCRAFT , I think our aircraft do catch some bad guys but there are so few aircraft around the state they are not readily available. Atleast up north (usually the s.o.'s chopper called up) Maybe u r a pilot so i'm sorry if u got offended, wish we had more planes 10-8.

nope the planes suck, lets sell them all I think we have 3 right, correct me if I am wrong and then invest in 2 helicopters, one that does north state and one that does south state, this would be a great asset, i am sick of calling for the SO to assist in our work, plus you can still catch the 72 in a 70mph speeding vehicle with the helio's

09-06-2007, 08:51 PM
[quote="7 MARY 3":1tm56fvq]FHP AIRCRAFT , I think our aircraft do catch some bad guys but there are so few aircraft around the state they are not readily available. Atleast up north (usually the s.o.'s chopper called up) Maybe u r a pilot so i'm sorry if u got offended, wish we had more planes 10-8.[/quote:1tm56fvq]

Come up north, I will chase your assmunching self until you crash. Take my letter of counseling for admitting that I violated policy for the first time (right) and see you in court for that felony fleeing charge. It is a trade off, I am willing to make. Hell, with over 21 years on, let them fire me and force me to get a real paying job. Supervisor will only hear that I arrived on a crash scene and need rescue. :D I heard in GHQ you can chase them, crash them and then go home and have a beer and say you forgot to tell anyone. My Bad.

09-07-2007, 12:27 AM
looks like they might be doing away with the aircraft. Click on the recommendations part of the article.

http://www.tboblogs.com/index.php/news/story/crist-proposes-state-budget-cuts/

09-07-2007, 01:36 AM
looks like they might be doing away with the aircraft. Click on the recommendations part of the article.

http://www.tboblogs.com/index.php/news/story/crist-proposes-state-budget-cuts/

yee doggy, oh noooooooo, no more airplane details

09-08-2007, 12:14 PM
The sad reality is that one day a trooper or other LEO is going to be called off a chase of a reckless a** and some relative of a State higher up is going to get killed then it is going to be the LEO's faults. There will be a public outcry as to why the LEO's didn't stop the maniac, why didn't they do their jobs?

It is hard for Troopers and other LEOs to enforce the laws of the state when the budget cuts and the bleeding heart crybabies keep tying their hands.

I commend you for the job you do, the hours you put in and the s**t you put up with. Thank you for "trying your best" to keep the roads safe for me and my family.

04-03-2008, 11:53 PM
:cry: :wink:

04-04-2008, 04:15 PM
I hear they are looking at changin the policy a bit

04-04-2008, 04:21 PM

gay policy

04-04-2008, 05:08 PM

Fact this FHP aircraft make very little impact on the motoring
public. While aircraft efforts can produce some results. It is not
consistent and widespread enough to alter drivers habits. Like
putting out a fire with a squirt gun.

[quote="7 MARY 3":3vbg7k0j]PURSUITS FOR CRIMES OF VIOLENCE ONLY ? I HAVE BEEN 10-8 WHEN A PURSUIT FOR MURDER SUSPECT (KILLED 5-7 PEOPLE DIFF. STATES) WAS NOT ALLOWED B/C THE S.O. ALREADY HAD 2 UNITS CHASING , ONE TPR RUNNING LASER NEVER STOPPED AS PURSUIT WENT BY . PATHETIC. ALSO ANOTHER INVOLVED AGG ASSAULT ON LEO. NOT ALLOWED B/C OUR POLICY SAYS " THE RAMMING OF OR ATTEMPTED RAMMING OF A PATROL CAR IS NOT CHASABLE". THIS IS WHY S.O.'S DON'T EVEN CALL US SOMETIMES CAUSE THEY KNOW HOW MUCH HELP WE'LL BE. :? OH AND IF AN AIRCRAFT HELPS SLIM CHANCE IT'LL BE AN FHP UNIT.

Oh yea the FHP planes really help out with the pilots to busy chasing someone going 72 in a 70, yep get'em get'em 72 72 on the red car, ohhhhh i am so excited he's really putting on the brakes now, that lil stopwatch will really catch those bad guys, ewwwwwwwww[/quote:3vbg7k0j]