PDA

View Full Version : Why Northerners are stupid

03-19-2007, 06:05 PM
Posted: 10/26/06 19:48:58 Post subject: back at ya

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10-69er,

First off, the fact that you are quoting yourself in your own post is a little creepy. Second, if you read the original on PCSO's board, you'll see that I am questioning LW's self-serving motivation and method, not his argument. If you have a dog in the fight, identify yourself.

Valid and quantifiable? Back north, you may notice that state police and city police operate without the use of a "sheriff's department." So what would be your valid, quantifiable reason why we need a sheriff's department? Because bigger is better? So sadly predictable. . .

Gosh, thats a hard one, but let me try to answer your retort. You see, in Florida we don't have a "state police" we have troopers. Our trooper write tickets, investigate traffic crashes, and write more tickets. So, to make up for the lack of law enforcement in the unincorporated areas, we rely on deputies. Now this may be how it is up north, but you rely on state police instead. You may also like to know, however, that even New York has a sheriff's department, but they conduct more traditional roles of civil service, court process, and county jails.

Bigger is not always better, LPD proves that. LPD by national standards is a larger agency. PCSO is larger as well. But dollar for dollar you get more direct services out of PCSO than LPD offers. Thats just fact. Cops are cops are cops, and we all do the same job. In Florida, for now anyway, city police departments are the ones in danger of being cast aside for county sheriff's office contracts. Its a sad truth that you can blame city councils for. It would be nice to know that all of our jobs are locked in, but sadly we all operate at the whim of poltics. Which sucks because our jobs are hard enough without worrying about this crap.

Stay safe brothers, we are all each other have.

Largo Citizen, please move back to New York, we have enough as-sholes here.

03-19-2007, 07:00 PM
Largo Citizen, please move back to New York, we have enough as-sholes here.[/quote]

lpd needs the "as-sholes" to recruit from.

03-19-2007, 10:49 PM
Posted: 10/26/06 19:48:58 Post subject: back at ya

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10-69er,

First off, the fact that you are quoting yourself in your own post is a little creepy. Second, if you read the original on PCSO's board, you'll see that I am questioning LW's self-serving motivation and method, not his argument. If you have a dog in the fight, identify yourself.

Valid and quantifiable? Back north, you may notice that state police and city police operate without the use of a "sheriff's department." So what would be your valid, quantifiable reason why we need a sheriff's department? Because bigger is better? So sadly predictable. . .

Gosh, thats a hard one, but let me try to answer your retort. You see, in Florida we don't have a "state police" we have troopers. Our trooper write tickets, investigate traffic crashes, and write more tickets. So, to make up for the lack of law enforcement in the unincorporated areas, we rely on deputies. Now this may be how it is up north, but you rely on state police instead. You may also like to know, however, that even New York has a sheriff's department, but they conduct more traditional roles of civil service, court process, and county jails.

Bigger is not always better, LPD proves that. LPD by national standards is a larger agency. PCSO is larger as well. But dollar for dollar you get more direct services out of PCSO than LPD offers. Thats just fact. Cops are cops are cops, and we all do the same job. In Florida, for now anyway, city police departments are the ones in danger of being cast aside for county sheriff's office contracts. Its a sad truth that you can blame city councils for. It would be nice to know that all of our jobs are locked in, but sadly we all operate at the whim of poltics. Which sucks because our jobs are hard enough without worrying about this crap.

Stay safe brothers, we are all each other have.

Largo Citizen, please move back to New York, we have enough as-sholes here.

Very well said. I work in Palm Beach and we've been merging with cities left and right. People don't realize we need a larger agency to have all the "toys" in larger counties. I get so sick of people arguing metro when they look at Miami-Dade as a reference. There are so many agencies in the country who've proven metro is more effective. Charlotte NC is metro and they do a darn good job at what they do, I only talk about them b/c I worked there before coming here. I know everyone is going to ask if it was so good why did you leave, and the answers is, my family wanted to live somewhere warmer. The reason so many don't want metro is because the city feels they can't control the police, the same reason Miami Gardens wants their own PD. I'm not saying all agencies should go metro, but without at least one large agency who's going to provide all the resources to the other cities? FHP? FDLE? YEA RIGHT. We don't have a state police like Michigan or Virginia who have all the resources to provide to all the cities with in their state. What I'm saying if cities continue to annex property who's going to provide such necessities as aviation, crime lab, and have enough resources and manpower that won't hurt to send them out for emergencies? I work in Medium city in Palm Beach and we have a shooting and a robbery within the same time frame we don’t have the manpower to cover everything. The Sheriff up here does, and does a great job with contract policing. Clearwater and even St. Petersburg can't afford to run aviation for themselves let along the whole county. Helicopters cost so much to run somewhere around $600 an hour. I still feel some form of Metro whether is Metro Dade or the Sheriff or even if it were the Pinellas Metro Police is far more effective than having 20+ different police agencies. If it wasn't more effective and more cost efficient why are the majority of populated areas some form of metro and why is Florida always backwards? The larger cities down here i.e. Fort Lauderdale is in financial crisis as it West Palm Beach. It cost a lot to run a city PD and FD some cities spending 72% of their budget just for police and fire. With a metro, the city would not be responsible for pension, equipment, salary, medical coverage, and most of all liability. For example, if Largo was in contract with PCSO and a Deputies assigned to Largo shot someone, the city of Largo holds no responsibility and the PCSO assumes all responsibility. In Palm Beach when the Sheriff and city of Royal Palm Beach Merged, the city was use to having 3 officer a night, now with the Sheriff the city gets 6 road Deputies and a total of 11 officers a night including a city street crimes unit. This is the future, and recently happened in Polk County. More cities will merge and so cities won't. To all my brothers on the West coast, stay safe.

03-22-2007, 07:28 PM
First off, "Deputy," resurrecting a post from October of last year? Maybe you need a girlfriend. Secondly, your calling Northerners "stupid" is only serving to confirm your juvenile intent to stir up trouble. How sad. Honestly, if you are a deputy, I really hope that you are just another misguided, disgruntled Largo P.D. reject, who was unfortunately deputized. That is the usual explanation. [/i]

03-26-2007, 02:48 AM
I bet the majority of the deputies are from the north and or other states north of here and not Florida.