PDA

View Full Version : My FTO's

03-15-2007, 01:45 AM
# 1 Tried to have me write a report on a hot engine hood.

Tried to have me toned

# 2. Enjoyed verbal insults in front of other d/s 's

constantly visiting his mistresses's, blasting rap music on the radio

# 3 Did not eat for the entire 11.5 hour tours neither could I

# 4 Napolean Complex Redefined and folically challenged

constantly on the cell phone disposing of family business

Glad to be away from those The are not the Norm Thank god

03-16-2007, 08:35 PM
My FTO....

.. spent more time signal 15 at HQ, Home, Golfing and at award ceremonies than doing police work during his tour.

If my DER's had categories for the quickest route from HQ to FTO's home to Westchester country club, I would have been accelerated and released within my first 3 weeks.

I guess im not the guy he always said I was..

03-16-2007, 10:53 PM
stop being a baby and open your ears and eyes fng, u dont know everything already. use fto for what its worth. as long as you can think logically, you will learn 90% when u go solo and after. u wont just be accepted into this culture. you will have to earn it and if they make fun of u a little, get over it.

03-20-2007, 02:50 PM
# 1 Tried to have me write a report on a hot engine hood.

Tried to have me toned

# 2. Enjoyed verbal insults in front of other d/s 's

constantly visiting his mistresses's, blasting rap music on the radio

# 3 Did not eat for the entire 11.5 hour tours neither could I

# 4 Napolean Complex Redefined and folically challenged

constantly on the cell phone disposing of family business

Glad to be away from those The are not the Norm Thank god

03-20-2007, 05:16 PM
patience is a virtue

yelling solves nothing

Fto's need to have improved communications skills.

then they gossip like little girls about you with other deputies
High school all over again.

03-21-2007, 12:15 PM
Dist 1 days

1 year experience

shaved head on sides

03-21-2007, 02:40 PM
Try dealing with the D7 Days FTO "mod squad" aka Most Obsolete Deputies.

03-21-2007, 04:29 PM
Absolutely no question about it. The FTO program at the PBSO by far has to be the worst I have ever seen with 12, 13, 14, 18 months on the job training? And, they act as if they are working in urban america, Guys, it's BOCA! BOCA, BOCA, for God sakes, not the S. Bronx. I wish one of them would say something smart to me, especially in public.

03-22-2007, 03:58 AM
I went through about 3 years ago and came from another agency. I can't speak for all of them, but my FTo's were just lazy. They don't want to teach new guys valuable skills, like getting into cars, or anything else, for that matter. They teach new deputies how to be lazy and I don't think that's a good thing.

WHen I was on FTO with my old department, I got into scuffles with perps, got into foot chases, learned how to talk my way into cards to get dope and learned how to deal with do do heads. I think the Sheriff's Office is better than my last department in almost every way except for the FTO program. It's amazing the quality of deputy that they will let pass through... almost scary.