PDA

View Full Version : The Sheriff

03-14-2007, 04:55 AM
Has anyone ever shadowed the Sheriff? Do you think a member would be allowed to do that or is that off limits?

03-14-2007, 05:01 AM
I think you should try it. I think it would be a great experience. Let me know if he drinks rum and cokes like people say. The policy doesn't note anything in regards to NOT shadowing the Sheriff. I hear he likes to spoon, so stay real close to him and he'll be happy.

03-14-2007, 10:22 AM
ha

03-14-2007, 12:54 PM
Not sure how to respond to the Spoon comment but in regards to the shadowing....Maybe I will try it out sometime. I think theres a 6 month wait between shadows though isnt there? If thats the case, I will have to wait 6 months. I seriously doubt the Sheriff would let me shadow him but who knows...

03-16-2007, 12:43 AM
Yes, you can shadow the Sheriff. It has been done before.

The Shadow program is encouraged by the Sheriff and was intended to be used as an educational program to help members decide if they would like a particular job or not. Often, you are hired for one job but after you have spent some time in the agency you learn about all of the other jobs that exist. Sometimes another job or assignment may sound interesting but you really do not know enough about the job or assignment to say for sure that you want to put a request for transfer in. Participating in the Shadow program is an excellent way to learn about a new job and meet other members of the agency.

When you do your paperwork you can choose to shadow for a few hours, day or even an entire week. It is really up to your supervisor and the supervisor in the area you are interested in.

You can also shadow just to learn more about that particular unit. This is often done with new supervisors in the communication center with the different specialty units.

It is a great program that many members forget about. If you want more information you can look it up on the Intranet.

03-16-2007, 04:45 AM
I have used the shadow program twice now since I started back at the CCSO. I think its a great program! I would love to shadow the sheriff one day. Paradise, how do you know so much? Did you shadow the sheriff before?