PDA

View Full Version : Sheriff Wells

03-13-2007, 02:41 PM
Sir, It has been an honor and a priviledge. thank you for the best 12 years of my career.

03-13-2007, 04:44 PM
Posted Tuesday, 3/13/7, 11:45 a.m.

SHERIFF CHARLIE WELLS
ANNOUNCES RETIREMENT

BRADENTON, Florida [NMT] -- Sheriff Charlie Wells has announced his retirement as Sheriff of Manatee County, effective April 2, 2007.

Manatee County Sheriff
Charlie Wells

Sheriff Wells, 62, was elected in 1984, and took office on January 5, 1985; he was re-elected in 1988, 1992, 1996, and 2000. He is the longest serving sheriff in the history of Manatee County, with a total tenure of 22 years. He was formerly a Florida State Highway Patrol Trooper, a State Attorney Investigator, and the Bradenton Police Chief.

Sheriff Wells is credited with several pioneering projects for the betterment of Manatee County, including Stop Turning Out Prisoners, Boot Camp, Police Athletic League, School Resource Deputy Program, Child Protection Services, and Victims First. During his terms of office, the new jail complex was built and the agency became nationally accredited in both corrections and law enforcement.

Sheriff Wells has been a dedicated and passionate public servant for the citizens of Manatee County and a committed leader for the employees of the Manatee County Sheriff’s Office.

Sheriff Wells has submitted his retirement letter to Governor Charlie Crist, who will appoint Sheriff Wells’ replacement.

03-13-2007, 05:51 PM
Is the Sheriff no longer an elected position? Wells was elected from '84 to '00 every four years. What about '04 and now the election of a "new" Sheriff for '08. I know Gov. Crist is appointing a Sheriff, which is what perked my curiosity.

Thanks,
JD

03-13-2007, 06:15 PM
:?: Registered voters took the trouble to elect Sheriff Wells. Now he’s resigning before his term’s up? It looks like manipulative, shameful circumvention of the elected office. He’s propping his #2 to take office without an election. Then when #2 faces voters during normal elections, he’s already the unbeatable incumbent. Finish what you started, Sheriff Wells. We elected you for a 4-year term. Let #2 run for office the honest way AFTER YOUR TERM IS EXPIRED.

If anyone else feels the same way, contact Gov. Crist’s office. Why would we possibly want a #2 who got the job in a sneaky, underhanded, cra p p y way? Pizz poor legacy to leave, Sheriff Wells, you sorry azz quitter. Is your hand-picked successor a cheater too?

03-13-2007, 06:33 PM
Is the Sheriff no longer an elected position? Wells was elected from '84 to '00 every four years. What about '04 and now the election of a "new" Sheriff for '08. I know Gov. Crist is appointing a Sheriff, which is what perked my curiosity.

Thanks,
JD
If an elected sheriff has served less than 2 years of his tour, then another election is held. If a sheriff has served more than 2 years of his tour, then the governor appoints a new sheriff, per the Florida constitution. Charlie Wells has served over 2 years, so the governor has a responsibility to appoint an intrim sheriff.

:?: Registered voters took the trouble to elect Sheriff Wells. Now he’s resigning before his term’s up? It looks like manipulative, shameful circumvention of the elected office. He’s propping his #2 to take office without an election. Then when #2 faces voters during normal elections, he’s already the unbeatable incumbent. Finish what you started, Sheriff Wells. We elected you for a 4-year term. Let #2 run for office the honest way AFTER YOUR TERM IS EXPIRED.

If anyone else feels the same way, contact Gov. Crist’s office. Why would we possibly want a #2 who got the job in a sneaky, underhanded, cra p p y way? Pizz poor legacy to leave, Sheriff Wells, you sorry azz quitter. Is your hand-picked successor a cheater too?
Rumors are circulating that Sheriff William F. Balkwill in Sarasota County is going to do the exact same thing as Sheriff Charlie Wells. Balkwill will then recommend to Governor Crist that Chief Deputy Larry Dunklee be appointed as the intrim sheriff of Sarasota County.

Sarasota will be watching Manatee very closely.

03-13-2007, 07:21 PM
In Manatee we erased the word “fair” from our vocabulary long ago. Half-Term Charlie worked on Crist’s election campaign, so Col. Brad Stooge-y reaps the fruit.

03-13-2007, 07:48 PM
Bash me if you must, but I feel Steube will be a great sheriff.

03-13-2007, 07:57 PM
Having been threw this in Charlotte County, The Gov. makes it a point not to appoint someone that is going to be running. Don't be suprised if the Sheriff's recomendation falls on deaf ears.

03-13-2007, 08:22 PM
Col Stupe-id will get it

03-13-2007, 08:23 PM
Bash me if you must but I feel Steube will be a great sheriff.

Grant. Shut up.

03-14-2007, 12:14 AM
Grant should have been fired long ago!! He should go join the immature Fieber @ McDonalds

03-14-2007, 01:19 AM
since when is a tax paid person called a """""""SIR"'.please,,unless the courts have ruled in another manner,,,,,,,,,,sheriff charlie,and all his cronies will be paid by us taxpayers..thus,he should be wearing a badge that says---------sheriff charlie-your servant-may i help the people who pay my wages..long over due,but my opinion only.perhaps he should apply to bradenton p.d..they are hiring "cart pushers,and charlie should have that experience...

03-14-2007, 02:19 AM
Hey guester,

Just so you know all of the Deputy's at the Sheriff's office pay taxes also. So we pay into our own salaries. I would love for you to walk one day in our shoe's, maybe in W30 and then I bet you would call us "SIR". Show so respect.

03-14-2007, 02:51 AM
Sir, It has been an honor and a priviledge. thank you for the best 12 years of my career.

March 13. 2007 10:50AM

Manatee Sheriff Wells to step down

By ANTHONY CORMIER and MICHAEL A. SCARCELLA

Staff Writers

anthony.cormier@heraldtribune.com
michael.scarcella@heraldtribune.com

MANATEE -- Sheriff Charlie Wells, whose law enforcement career spanned four decades here, is stepping down today. The surprise announcement is expected to come at a meeting later this morning, when Wells will announce a restructuring of the Sheriff's Office that will lead to his retirement and the ascension of Col. Brad Steube to interim sheriff.

The shakeup also includes staff changes at the jail.

Wells is an iconic figure in Manatee County history, serving briefly as Bradenton's police chief before running for sheriff in 1984. Since then, his tenure has been marked by success and scandal. While he may best be known for innovative crime programs -- from the now defunct youth boot camp to a farm run by local inmates -- Wells' administration has also been marred by misconduct allegations, including a Department of Justice investigation into a street-level drug unit at the Sheriff's Office.

Wells will officially leave office during the first week of April. He has discussed the notion with Steube and others for the last six months, and said Tuesday morning that he wanted "to leave at the top of (his) game."

Wells has submitted his resignation letter to Gov. Charlie Crist, who will name a replacement. Wells and others have privately lobbied for Steube to take over, and sources within the Sheriff's Office say that Crist is likely to pick Steube as the successor.

03-14-2007, 03:28 AM
i agree,that a paltry amount of your taxes,pay your salary...now,,,,subtract all the benefits,and the perks,like take home cars,,,and you still our a servant to the people of this county....perhap you have never looked up the word""public servant",and perhaps at this time you should...........quit the crying about your job..it was your personal choice,so live with it..burger king is hiring,and bpd is hiring cart pushers.as far as what zone -w30-that you work in,,well i live in w-20,so whats the big deal..we have all kinds of crime problems,and the last place to call for help is the msco..all we get is the same pathetic stories,and the problems still exist.perhaps yoou should consider retirement.and then you could become a productive citizen,,,,,,,not a crying deputy,with very little outlook on life...always remember,it is your people,that are sworn to uphold the laws,and not to break them.surely,with the firing/resigning of several of the members of your crying squad,sends the general public the wrong message...10-4 big buddy-enjoy the servants life

03-14-2007, 03:53 AM
"Public Servants", if that is what you call it, so be it. I still enjoy my job after 23 years and I know I work for the best SO in the state, thanks to Sheriff Wells.

First of all, learn how to type. Now post your address and I will send you your 25 cents you paid towards my pay. It must be killing you to know that any of these "Public Servants" on this board can take away your freedom! :lol: The worst part about it, Myself and the rest of the MSO employees will go out of their way to help you out and keep you safe, so your welcome, don't mention it! :wink:

03-14-2007, 04:04 AM
HEY GUESTER, SORRY TO HEAR WHERE YOU LIVE. IS IT HOLIDAY HEIGHTS, A DUPLEX ALONG 34TH ST W. OR A DOUBLEWIDE ALONG 14TH ST. W.? :P

03-14-2007, 06:49 AM
You posted too late, he is already passed out drunk. What a Hillbilly!

03-14-2007, 12:26 PM
What is Brad Steube's educational background? Will Baby Steube have to leave MSO when pappy ascends the throne?

03-14-2007, 12:31 PM
Having been threw this in Charlotte County, The Gov. makes it a point not to appoint someone that is going to be running. Don't be suprised if the Sheriff's recomendation falls on deaf ears.
Hummmmmm good point. We'll be watching from south of the border!!!!

03-14-2007, 11:49 PM
Take Billy Boy with you!

03-15-2007, 09:53 PM
Who is that?

03-15-2007, 10:32 PM
What is Brad Steube's educational background? Will Baby Steube have to leave MSO when pappy ascends the throne?

I THINK IT'S A BAD IDEA TO HAVE BABY STUBE STILL ON THE FORCE WHEN DADDY STUBE I "THE MAN" IN CHARGE. BABY HAS BEEN BAILED BY DAD TOO MANY TIMES ALREADY. HE'S THE BIGGEST GOOF I'VE EVER SEEN

03-16-2007, 01:06 AM
1st learn how to spell then post moron "threw" geezus you must work for us

03-17-2007, 12:25 AM
Wednesday, March 14, 2007, Ken Pearson was "holding court" at the local Outback Steakhouse whining and dining a couple of media reporters. Although the entire conversation was not comletely over-heard, there was no doubt whatsoever that Pearson was bashing the Sheriff's Office and its administration. I'm very surprised to hear such things from a guy, who beforehis own indiscretions caught up with him, was the number two man in the agency and upheld and supported the policies of that agency. It is also very evident that Pearson was professing his innocence regarding his departure from the Sheriff's office. I suppose a guy could claim he was wronged on one account, and maybe two accounts...ok, maybe three people might have had it wrong, but 5 or 6 separate complaints, all of which were sustained...come on, at some point, a person just has to take responsibility for his actions. I'm sure his wife believes he is innocent, as accused, because he has said "she's the only one for me. I'm sure if there are any doubts, the internal affairs files are public record and available for all to read.

A concerned cop in the know

p.s. - As I'm told, all of the victome of Pearson's come-ons an sexual harassment have husbands who work for the Sheriff's Office. Talk about having ultimate control. For the sake of all of you who work for the SO, especially those who have wives that work there, I think integrity lies with Brad Steube. All LEO's I know also feel the same way.

03-17-2007, 01:39 AM
Grant, Chill little man! You dont need to start campaigning for Daddy does no wrong yet!

03-17-2007, 01:57 AM
Steube will take Sheriff position if offered to him in the next 2 weeks, but will he run in the next election? We will all know in 1 1/2 years. Until then you know crap.

03-17-2007, 10:55 AM
Wednesday, March 14, 2007, Ken Pearson was "holding court" at the local Outback Steakhouse whining and dining a couple of media reporters. Although the entire conversation was not comletely over-heard, there was no doubt whatsoever that Pearson was bashing the Sheriff's Office and its administration.

You just happened to overheard a private conversation? What a coincidence!

- - - - - - - - - - -
http://www.heraldtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070317/NEWS/703170336
“Wells has launched Charlie Wells Investigations, a company based at his wife's real estate office in Parrish.”

03-17-2007, 12:39 PM
"Public Servants", if that is what you call it, so be it. I still enjoy my job after 23 years and I know I work for the best SO in the state, thanks to Sheriff Wells.

First of all, learn how to type. Now post your address and I will send you your 25 cents you paid towards my pay. It must be killing you to know that any of these "Public Servants" on this board can take away your freedom! :lol: The worst part about it, Myself and the rest of the MSO employees will go out of their way to help you out and keep you safe, so your welcome, don't mention it! :wink:

If one does not agree that a person, as opposed to the tax payers and owners of the public's trust should be the one who selects the leader of a public agency, then write the Governor about your concerns of lack of education and neopotism. He professes ethics in government is important.

charlie.crist@myflorida.com

03-17-2007, 12:42 PM
Wednesday, March 14, 2007, Ken Pearson was "holding court" at the local Outback Steakhouse whining and dining a couple of media reporters. Although the entire conversation was not comletely over-heard, there was no doubt whatsoever that Pearson was bashing the Sheriff's Office and its administration.

You just happened to overheard a private conversation? What a coincidence!

- - - - - - - - - - -
http://www.heraldtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070317/NEWS/703170336
“Wells has launched Charlie Wells Investigations, a company based at his wife's real estate office in Parrish.”

So? She is the only one who is capable of investigating.

03-17-2007, 03:46 PM
Wednesday, March 14, 2007, Ken Pearson was "holding court" at the local Outback Steakhouse whining and dining a couple of media reporters. Although the entire conversation was not comletely over-heard, there was no doubt whatsoever that Pearson was bashing the Sheriff's Office and its administration. I'm very surprised to hear such things from a guy, who beforehis own indiscretions caught up with him, was the number two man in the agency and upheld and supported the policies of that agency. It is also very evident that Pearson was professing his innocence regarding his departure from the Sheriff's office. I suppose a guy could claim he was wronged on one account, and maybe two accounts...ok, maybe three people might have had it wrong, but 5 or 6 separate complaints, all of which were sustained (BY WHOM?)...come on, at some point, a person just has to take responsibility for his actions. I'm sure his wife believes he is innocent, as accused, because he has said "she's the only one for me. I'm sure if there are any doubts, the internal affairs files are public record and available for all to read.

A concerned (SURE) cop in the know

p.s. - As I'm told, all of the victome of Pearson's come-ons an sexual harassment have husbands who work for the Sheriff's Office. Talk about having ultimate control. For the sake of all of you who work for the SO, especially those who have wives that work there, I think integrity (and you?)lies with Brad Steube. All LEO's I know also feel (emotion not thinking) the same way.

Not to mention the spelling and grammar errors, but could you be mistaken or not being truthful about overhearing the converstaion. SO much for honesty in law enforcement.

03-17-2007, 04:57 PM
You need to check your own spelling before bashing someone else's.

03-17-2007, 07:21 PM
Why would any of you be listening to a private citizens conversation? Were you sent to follow Mr. Pearson by ummm... Wells or Stuebe? Did you get your handy dandy shoe phone and call and tell them with what you think you overheard Maxwell Smart? Come on, Spend more time on fighting crime than gossiping about a conversation that you think you heard. Is Stuebe getting scared of some true competition? Are you all worried that if Pearson runs and wins that your jobs are in jeapordy? I would think long and hard before you bash someone who once again could be your boss!

03-17-2007, 11:41 PM
Overheard Gives new meaning to the word MORON

03-18-2007, 02:04 PM
Interesting. I've known Ken Pearson for years. I'm sure that if he was "holding court" on top-secret SO-bashing issues with a reporter, he wouldn't do it at the Outback Steakhouse where any schmuk (like Overheard) could overhear it.

03-18-2007, 09:51 PM
Steube is an honorable man. You can believe what he says. There is no hidden agenda with this guy. He works alongside the deputies. If he hears about a problem in an area of the agency, he will go work in that area. Steube has a wonderful family. The deputies do not have to worry about there loved ones being sexually harrassed while working for or with Steube. Pearson was horrible to work for and with. He had no respect for Patrol or Corrections. Don't want a man I can't trust going in front of County Commissioners representing me or my family. Steube is perfect for Sheriff.

03-18-2007, 11:19 PM
Col. Steube might be an honorable man, but so is Ken Pearson. Why would they have been friends for 30 years if that was not so for either of them? I will try to post a copy of the report, it is public knowledge and you can see if you still work for someone that is trustworthy or not. What you may read might scare you and make you think twice everytime you go to work, in my opinion. You and only You can make that decision. I myself will go with Pearson as being the one I would trust and would want watching my back and my family. Sometimes people who are in high up positions are sitting ducks for others who want to take their place. Be careful, be very, very careful.

03-19-2007, 12:37 AM
Inncocent Bystander stop making up lies and just admit that THEIR IS NO REPORT!!!!!! Liar

03-22-2007, 11:07 AM
Read the newspapers today, MORON, apparently there is a report! Sounds like a set up to me. People in this town can read right through all of the garbage and see how MSO set Pearson up. Give me a break, did they think it would not come out? How dumb do the think the citizens of this county are? Shame on them Shame, Shame. Not people I would trust to protect me. I hope the GOV. makes a good choice, not Stuebe.

03-27-2007, 01:48 PM

Posted: 03/27/07 08:44:37 Post subject: Re: peckerson

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anonymous wrote:
peter peckerson wrote:
good luck getting appointed you should of been fired and lost your pention for being a jackarse

Why would anyone go from a childish department like FHP to another department with immature people like this person?

Which managers in the S.O. were fired and lost their pension when the Delta, Cleopatra, recent DUI arrests of deputies occured? What about Couch and his son's incident? HYPOCRITES!