PDA

View Full Version : Discounted Apartment rates in Orlando for LEO??

03-10-2007, 08:36 PM
I'm going to be moving to Orlando in about a month or so. I was wondering if any of you guys knew of any apartments that gave LEO's a discounted rate??

TIA

03-15-2007, 08:38 PM
We'll now lets see... FHP are not real cops they are armed insurance agents not capable of doing anything more than writing a ticket or working a signal 4. The apartments are used by real cops that know how to do real police work and earn the discount. So unless they have a spare apartment somewhere on the turnpike dont waste your time you dont deserve and earn it.. You wanna be

03-16-2007, 05:34 AM
We'll now lets see... FHP are not real cops they are armed insurance agents not capable of doing anything more than writing a ticket or working a signal 4. The apartments are used by real cops that know how to do real police work and earn the discount. So unless they have a spare apartment somewhere on the turnpike dont waste your time you dont deserve and earn it.. You wanna be

Dude, quit complaining and re-apply. Perhaps they will look past your mental or physical quirks and give you a shot at being one of the elite. I bet you were one of the many local cops who were at my academy who decided to quit because it was too tough for you in the first 2 days and decided to go and get your old job back.

03-17-2007, 04:58 PM

It's okay buddy.......maybe one day you will get a shot at being one of the elite. Your jealousy shines so brightly.

03-18-2007, 09:46 PM
Most of the FHP (Free Half Price) places are in crappy areas as far as I am concerned. I never took advantage of the process. Although it was harder I saved and couldnt wait to get a house. You may want to look at the real estate market in the surrounding areas, i.e. Lake & Osceola Co's. A lot of people bought homes a few years ago and got interest only loans. The principle is kicking in and they are faced with huge mortgages. Many are looking to dump. There are many homes that have been on the market for more than six months you may want to see what kind of cash you can scrape together and try to make an offer on one of these.

03-19-2007, 07:28 PM
Being an ex-trooper and now a city cop, I know the challenges that trooper's face on a daily basis, but to keep saying the elite, is way over board. Ya academy is military based and teached you how to do traffic, but they dont focus on real police work. Good at traffic, yes, elite no.

03-20-2007, 04:51 AM
Being an ex-trooper and now a city cop, I know the challenges that trooper's face on a daily basis, but to keep saying the elite, is way over board. Ya academy is military based and teached you how to do traffic, but they dont focus on real police work. Good at traffic, yes, elite no.

Sorry, but I disagree with you. If you had gotten your standards at the local academy (college campus), went home everynight and only had probably a week or so of physical fitness training, I'm sure you would agree that the FHP academy is the toughest academy this state has to offer. The real police work is easy, you have criminal intent or you dont. Stroke out an incident/arrest report and forward it through the proper channels for review/investigations. I know that working for a City or S.O. would be easier than what I do now, but as Farver would say "I'm All Highway".

03-20-2007, 07:02 AM
Clap, Clap, Clap..nice reply. Well said my brother, who gives a shi* what you can do

03-21-2007, 02:10 AM

Sorry, but I disagree with you. If you had gotten your standards at the local academy (college campus), went home everynight and only had probably a week or so of physical fitness training, I'm sure you would agree that the FHP academy is the toughest academy this state has to offer. The real police work is easy, you have criminal intent or you dont. Stroke out an incident/arrest report and forward it through the proper channels for review/investigations. I know that working for a City or S.O. would be easier than what I do now, but as Farver would say "I'm All Highway".

Ha ha elite? Yea right all the academies are state mandated by FDLE. Your sorry asses wouldn't survive a day on the streets of Tamarind. FHP screws more cases up than they actually do right. The other night we had a couple of Troopers come into the hood and pull a car over. They got surrounded and had to call the city for help. I should have drove slow, if I knew they these so called pooper troopers were the elite. I don't know what they would do when faced with an AK knowing they can't say if you don't sign the citation you will go to jail. Get a life Troopers you are the same as us, no better no worse. You chose your job and I chose mine, but you are not the elite. You're not even State Police by FDLE standards. If you want to see a true state police go to Michigan or Virginia, you guys are all tail light chaser. I hope you don't have that attitude when your getting your ass kicked and your nearest 94 is a city, or county cop. Oh yea according to my brother who is FWC you guys think you're better then them also. It sucks knowing that they go through the same academy and still receive better training. Elite, you scum bags couldn't close an umbrella, let along a good case.

03-21-2007, 04:18 AM

Ha ha elite? Yea right all the academies are state mandated by FDLE. Your sorry asses wouldn't survive a day on the streets of Tamarind. FHP screws more cases up than they actually do right. The other night we had a couple of Troopers come into the hood and pull a car over. They got surrounded and had to call the city for help. I should have drove slow, if I knew they these so called pooper troopers were the elite. I don't know what they would do when faced with an AK knowing they can't say if you don't sign the citation you will go to jail. Get a life Troopers you are the same as us, no better no worse. You chose your job and I chose mine, but you are not the elite. You're not even State Police by FDLE standards. If you want to see a true state police go to Michigan or Virginia, you guys are all tail light chaser. I hope you don't have that attitude when your getting your arse kicked and your nearest 94 is a city, or county cop. Oh yea according to my brother who is FWC you guys think you're better then them also. It sucks knowing that they go through the same academy and still receive better training. Elite, you scum bags couldn't close an umbrella, let along a good case.

Elite here! Brother you are one complete idiot. We must be doing something right to make you want to surf our website and tell us what a bunch of non-real police work arseholes we are. I bet my Department has lost more officers in the line of duty than yours. Check the stats and you will see that Im right. Chasing taillights is dangerous non-police work isnt it. If I wanted to be a trooper who deals with all the crap that the local guys here have to deal with, I would have applied with Michigan, Virginia or many other state police out there. I used to work with a trooper who was from Virginia, he loved the highway patrol compared to the state police, hell of a lot less aggravation. FWC quit training with us years ago, so you go and piss up your own pathetic rope. Umbrella closed.

03-21-2007, 10:13 PM
how many of your fellow recruits went to orlando...where did the majority go to

03-22-2007, 05:29 AM

Ha ha elite? Yea right all the academies are state mandated by FDLE. Your sorry asses wouldn't survive a day on the streets of Tamarind. FHP screws more cases up than they actually do right. The other night we had a couple of Troopers come into the hood and pull a car over. They got surrounded and had to call the city for help. I should have drove slow, if I knew they these so called pooper troopers were the elite. I don't know what they would do when faced with an AK knowing they can't say if you don't sign the citation you will go to jail. Get a life Troopers you are the same as us, no better no worse. You chose your job and I chose mine, but you are not the elite. You're not even State Police by FDLE standards. If you want to see a true state police go to Michigan or Virginia, you guys are all tail light chaser. I hope you don't have that attitude when your getting your arse kicked and your nearest 94 is a city, or county cop. Oh yea according to my brother who is FWC you guys think you're better then them also. It sucks knowing that they go through the same academy and still receive better training. Elite, you scum bags couldn't close an umbrella, let along a good case.

Elite here! Brother you are one complete idiot. We must be doing something right to make you want to surf our website and tell us what a bunch of non-real police work arseholes we are. I bet my Department has lost more officers in the line of duty than yours. Check the stats and you will see that Im right. Chasing taillights is dangerous non-police work isnt it. If I wanted to be a trooper who deals with all the crap that the local guys here have to deal with, I would have applied with Michigan, Virginia or many other state police out there. I used to work with a trooper who was from Virginia, he loved the highway patrol compared to the state police, hell of a lot less aggravation. FWC quit training with us years ago, so you go and piss up your own pathetic rope. Umbrella closed.

Doing something right? FHP has messed up more crash investigations than any other LEO agency. It got so bad we have to call the Sheriff to work our crashes because most of your Troopers are too dumb to do a report correct. Yes, your department has lost a lot of cops. Why? Your training sucks! I back up a Trooper all the time and I laugh at how you morons sit in the car and write tickets. You don't call half of your stops in. I watched you guys shooting at the local range and my god; you don't even train as if it were real. If you look at ODMP you'll see more Troopers were run over compared to being shot to death. FHP usually has two Troopers a night in Broward County. They are horrible cops forget about asking them for back-up, most of time they are more of a hindrance. FHP used to pride themselves with having Troopers who were in shape and didn't misfit their uniform. Not now, the majorities of Troopers down here have a belly, can't speak English, and look as if they just pulled their uniform out of the laundry. I worked a crash on Sr-9 and the female Trooper who backed me was just plain dumb. She was fat, her hair worn on the collar of her uniform, nail painted red, three earnings in one ear I mean come on I though you guys were paramilitary? I have no disrespect for Troopers, but to claim you're better than everyone else is plain BS. We all do different jobs, and our jobs are dangerous in different ways. I don't want to have this mindset, but it's prick troopers like you who encourage me to drive slow when your screaming for back-up on SR-9 because you can't handle taking a man down alone. Come into my city alone and talk your crap. This way us useless local cops can watch real dirt bags mop the floor with you.

Dont drive slow dumbarse, I dont want you to even respond to me if I need help. I think you would add to the problem versus helping it. I've been doing this job a long time and I have taken some pretty bad boys down all alone. What I get myself into I get myself out of. By the way, I've worked in and around the streets of Tamarind years ago and seemed to have somehow survived it with all my non-police work training. I may have even backed you up before. Local cops are not useless, in fact most of the ones I've met over the years were pretty good guys. Its the ones who have that bannie rooster attitude that are useless.

03-22-2007, 05:50 AM
[quote="xtroop":w9mzhwgd]Being an ex-trooper and now a city cop, I know the challenges that trooper's face on a daily basis, but to keep saying the elite, is way over board. Ya academy is military based and teached you how to do traffic, but they dont focus on real police work. Good at traffic, yes, elite no.

Doing something right? FHP has messed up more crash investigations than any other LEO agency. It got so bad we have to call the Sheriff to work our crashes because most of your Troopers are too dumb to do a report correct. Yes, your department has lost a lot of cops. Why? Your training sucks! I back up a Trooper all the time and I laugh at how you morons sit in the car and write tickets. You don't call half of your stops in. I watched you guys shooting at the local range and my god; you don't even train as if it were real. If you look at ODMP you'll see more Troopers were run over compared to being shot to death. FHP usually has two Troopers a night in Broward County. They are horrible cops forget about asking them for back-up, most of time they are more of a hindrance. FHP used to pride themselves with having Troopers who were in shape and didn't misfit their uniform. Not now, the majorities of Troopers down here have a belly, can't speak English, and look as if they just pulled their uniform out of the laundry. I worked a crash on Sr-9 and the female Trooper who backed me was just plain dumb. She was fat, her hair worn on the collar of her uniform, nail painted red, three earnings in one ear I mean come on I though you guys were paramilitary? I have no disrespect for Troopers, but to claim you're better than everyone else is plain BS. We all do different jobs, and our jobs are dangerous in different ways. I don't want to have this mindset, but it's prick troopers like you who encourage me to drive slow when your screaming for back-up on SR-9 because you can't handle taking a man down alone. Come into my city alone and talk your crap. This way us useless local cops can watch real dirt bags mop the floor with you.

Dont drive slow dumbarse, I dont want you to even respond to me if I need help. I think you would add to the problem versus helping it. I've been doing this job a long time and I have taken some pretty bad boys down all alone. What I get myself into I get myself out of. By the way, I've worked in and around the streets of Tamarind years ago and seemed to have somehow survived it with all my non-police work training. I may have even backed you up before. Local cops are not useless, in fact most of the ones I've met over the years were pretty good guys. Its the ones who have that bannie rooster attitude that are useless.[/quote:w9mzhwgd]

Doing this job for a long time???? You sound like a rookie! I've been a useless city cop for 27 years and have seen more bad boys then you could ever dream of. You may have this I get myself out of everything attitude, but I can guarantee you didn't work the streets of Tamarind by yourself. In my 27 years I've never seen a Trooper on these streets. Most of the Troopers I met always say If I wanted to work Tamarind, I would have become a city cop. I'm now assigned to SR 9 on the aggressive driving grant. So I guess I can say the same, Trooper aren't useless most I've worked with are really 10-8. It's the ones who think they are "State Police" and better then everyone else that gives the rest of you a bad reputation. So be as it may, you don't want to respond when you and your fellow Troopers need help? That's fine, I'm glad it's come to this. I'm your closest back-up and maybe one day your life my depend on me or one of my useless local cop friends. You have to love all this camaraderie in Law Enforcement.

03-22-2007, 06:59 AM
[quote="Anonymous":3dsi9kag][quote="xtroop":3dsi9kag]Being an ex-trooper and now a city cop, I know the challenges that trooper's face on a daily basis, but to keep saying the elite, is way over board. Ya academy is military based and teached you how to do traffic, but they dont focus on real police work. Good at traffic, yes, elite no.

Dont drive slow dumbarse, I dont want you to even respond to me if I need help. I think you would add to the problem versus helping it. I've been doing this job a long time and I have taken some pretty bad boys down all alone. What I get myself into I get myself out of. By the way, I've worked in and around the streets of Tamarind years ago and seemed to have somehow survived it with all my non-police work training. I may have even backed you up before. Local cops are not useless, in fact most of the ones I've met over the years were pretty good guys. Its the ones who have that bannie rooster attitude that are useless.[/quote:3dsi9kag]

Doing this job for a long time???? You sound like a rookie! I've been a useless city cop for 27 years and have seen more bad boys then you could ever dream of. You may have this I get myself out of everything attitude, but I can guarantee you didn't work the streets of Tamarind by yourself. In my 27 years I've never seen a Trooper on these streets. Most of the Troopers I met always say If I wanted to work Tamarind, I would have become a city cop. I'm now assigned to SR 9 on the aggressive driving grant. So I guess I can say the same, Trooper aren't useless most I've worked with are really 10-8. It's the ones who think they are "State Police" and better then everyone else that gives the rest of you a bad reputation. So be as it may, you don't want to respond when you and your fellow Troopers need help? That's fine, I'm glad it's come to this. I'm your closest back-up and maybe one day your life my depend on me or one of my useless local cop friends. You have to love all this camaraderie in Law Enforcement.[/quote:3dsi9kag]

I have been in this non-police FHP for 20 years, some rookie I am. I would not hesitate to back up any officer who is in trouble regardless of what agency he works for, nor would I even think about driving slow in my responce as you STATED. I dont care if the officer I was backing up was the biggest arsehole in the world. If you are not willing to back up a fellow officer 100%, dont even bother. You know what, this crap got old and stupid a long time ago. I have better things to do. Watch you arse on SR 9, bad highway, got hurt there once at the Broward/Palm Bch Line, put me out of work for a month. Wont do that again.

03-22-2007, 04:50 PM
[quote="Anonymous":3jv1pkav][quote="Anonymous":3jv1pkav][quote="xtroop":3jv1pkav]Being an ex-trooper and now a city cop, I know the challenges that trooper's face on a daily basis, but to keep saying the elite, is way over board. Ya academy is military based and teached you how to do traffic, but they dont focus on real police work. Good at traffic, yes, elite no.

Dont drive slow dumbarse, I dont want you to even respond to me if I need help. I think you would add to the problem versus helping it. I've been doing this job a long time and I have taken some pretty bad boys down all alone. What I get myself into I get myself out of. By the way, I've worked in and around the streets of Tamarind years ago and seemed to have somehow survived it with all my non-police work training. I may have even backed you up before. Local cops are not useless, in fact most of the ones I've met over the years were pretty good guys. Its the ones who have that bannie rooster attitude that are useless.[/quote:3jv1pkav]

Doing this job for a long time???? You sound like a rookie! I've been a useless city cop for 27 years and have seen more bad boys then you could ever dream of. You may have this I get myself out of everything attitude, but I can guarantee you didn't work the streets of Tamarind by yourself. In my 27 years I've never seen a Trooper on these streets. Most of the Troopers I met always say If I wanted to work Tamarind, I would have become a city cop. I'm now assigned to SR 9 on the aggressive driving grant. So I guess I can say the same, Trooper aren't useless most I've worked with are really 10-8. It's the ones who think they are "State Police" and better then everyone else that gives the rest of you a bad reputation. So be as it may, you don't want to respond when you and your fellow Troopers need help? That's fine, I'm glad it's come to this. I'm your closest back-up and maybe one day your life my depend on me or one of my useless local cop friends. You have to love all this camaraderie in Law Enforcement.[/quote:3jv1pkav]

I have been in this non-police FHP for 20 years, some rookie I am. I would not hesitate to back up any officer who is in trouble regardless of what agency he works for, nor would I even think about driving slow in my responce as you STATED. I dont care if the officer I was backing up was the biggest arsehole in the world. If you are not willing to back up a fellow officer 100%, dont even bother. You know what, this crap got old and stupid a long time ago. I have better things to do. Watch you arse on SR 9, bad highway, got hurt there once at the Broward/Palm Bch Line, put me out of work for a month. Wont do that again.[/quote:3jv1pkav]

You're right this crap is getting old. I want to apologize to you and FHP. I would lay down my life for any LEO as fast as if it were my own agency. There are too many people against us, as LEOs we need to stick together. Anyway, SR 9 is tuff, and I'm sorry you got hurt. Anyway, I apologize again. Stay safe.

03-22-2007, 05:52 PM
HOLY SHI*! I THOUGHT US IN THE MIAMI POLICE DEPT HAD ISSUES. WOULD YOU BOTH SHUT UP AND GROW UP! I DEAL WITH THE STREETS EVERYDAY IN BAD AREAS AND I AM NO BETTER THAN THAT TROOPER. WHO CARES HOW LONG YOU GUYS HAVE BEEN ON. YOU BOTH ARE THE SAME AND DEFINITLELY HAVE THE SAME MATURITY LEVEL!!!