PDA

View Full Version : When is the next hiring board

03-08-2007, 10:05 PM
When is the next hiring board? does anyone know? how many positions does LPD have open?

07-30-2007, 05:53 AM
after they complete the next firing board...it will follow soon...stand strong!!!!!! i cant my back hurt's but if i tell ant one i'm gone too....stand strong? what the hell does that mean.....oh, no raise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

07-31-2007, 01:24 AM
FIRING BOARD? NOVEL IDEA...
HAS ANYONE BEEN FIRED FROM LPD EVER..
IT APPEARS THAT YOU CAN COMMIT CRIME, NOT GET THROUGH THE FTO PROGRAM AND NOT EVEN BE ABLE TO HOBBLE TO YOUR CAR IN THE PARKING LOT AND STILL KEEP YOUR JOB.
WHY STAND STRONG WHEN WE CAN HUDDLE DOWN AND THREATEN SUITS THEN GET PROMOTED.
THE UNION NEEDS TO FIX THOSE PROBLEMS FIRST BEFORE THEY TACKLE A CITY.
YOU GOT TO STAND FOR SOMETHING OR YOU'LL FALL FOR ANYTHING.

09-06-2007, 12:08 AM
The next hiring board is September 11th. There are three sworn opening currently.

As for firings, we have fired several, believe it or not. The main issue is lack of documentation by supervisors and "being too nice" in evals rather than honest. A zero is a zero.....

09-06-2007, 01:28 AM
to the above post...
when did we fire someone? i must of missed that rumor.
we didnt fire the new sgt for not getting through the fto program. we didnt fire the other new sgt when she lied about her shopping on duty. we did not fire another sgt when he slandered an officer and stuck his nose in where it didnt belong.
the problem isnt the fto program it is the admin.
several good ftos have left the program due to the "just pass em on" mentality of the program.
at this rate we will have 20 officers on the sdo.... guess thats a good thing if your on nights.