PDA

View Full Version : Morale at an all time LOW!

adrift in pines
03-08-2007, 09:38 PM
Morale at an all time LOW?
Starting this forum to see what the guys and girls think about this and get responses. Who's to blame? Administration? Union? You?
During this time of "crisis" where are our leaders? Do we have any leaders?
I'm not stupid, but I think the blame lies all over the place and unfortunatley the people that count either have their heads in the sand or were never able to lead anyway. Hey, but you hear we have a great contract and a great pension hmmmmmmmmm, that's true, but that does not equal great morale!
We need leadership and a person or persons who can make a decision no matter what side of the fence they or their decision lands.
Anyway, reply with your thoughts or feelings.

03-09-2007, 12:19 AM
Morale at an all time LOW?
Starting this forum to see what the guys and girls think about this and get responses. Who's to blame? Administration? Union? You?
During this time of "crisis" where are our leaders? Do we have any leaders?
I'm not stupid, but I think the blame lies all over the place and unfortunatley the people that count either have their heads in the sand or were never able to lead anyway. Hey, but you hear we have a great contract and a great pension hmmmmmmmmm, that's true, but that does not equal great morale!
We need leadership and a person or persons who can make a decision no matter what side of the fence they or their decision lands.
Anyway, reply with your thoughts or feelings.

I didnt know you guys had morale issues, what exactly is the problem? You guys do have a great contract and benefits and are not exactly working in the ghetto so again what is the problem if you dont mind me asking.

This is the first time I have heard anything bad about Pines PD.

03-09-2007, 12:55 AM
Yes we work in a nice area and we have all the toys, but you must have leadership. We feel that its a body without a head. In any organization you need leadership and leaders that make decisions, not flip flop or make no decisions at all. The upper command staff fight between eachother and the Chief does not step in and there is a perception that the command staff is out of control and on their own agendas instead of the department agenda much less the men and women of the organization. There has actually been talk about a vote of no confidence,but I don't think the union would back such a venture as there is a perception they too sleep with the top. We would actually need a complete vote of no confidence for the entire command staff.

adrift in pines
03-26-2007, 05:24 PM
Naaaaaaaaaaaaa, it's no his fault. It goes way beyond that and you can only blame one person for not putting it under control, but a lot of differnet people have contibuted to this morale problem.

04-06-2007, 09:18 PM
If you think you have problems come to our blog. u have it made here. wish i would have started here insted.

04-08-2007, 03:12 PM
How is see doing? We lost a good young Ofc. who would not play ball with our slugs. Too bad. Our loss is your gain.

04-08-2007, 08:07 PM
How is see doing? We lost a good young Ofc. who would not play ball with our slugs. Too bad. Our loss is your gain.

nice post JM. BTW great decision on the sig 32 crine scene or was it a sig 5? we'll never know will we??

04-09-2007, 02:06 AM
sorry, not sure of what you mean. Just an Ofc from Davie who wanted to know how JM was doing. Hope see is not running into the same crowd at PP as with DV :shock:

04-09-2007, 03:10 AM
she was her own worst enemy at davie. everyone at pines will know first hand soon enough. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

04-09-2007, 09:36 PM
Wish we could get her back. Good young cop. Just wanted to me a cop and the slugs were like a cancer and hurt her career.

04-16-2007, 12:47 PM
Wish we could get her back. Good young cop. Just wanted to me a cop and the slugs were like a cancer and hurt her career.

Here's the problem with a lot of new, young Officers. They expect respect the minute they put on the uniform and report for FTO. They don't want to earn other cops' respect. They want it to be given without question. The problem with that is if they happen to be a young person (without much life experience), the job has a tendency to get to their heads and make them think that they are the best cop out there.

We all make mistakes. But when you're someone who has not earned anyone's respect (yet) and you make a mistake, you look like an idiot. And everyone will talk about it and make you look stupid. Whereas if you're humble, earn people's respect, ask questions when necessary, and don't think you know everything; when you make a mistake people will tend to be a little more forgiving. But if you have been a cop for 2 months and you act like a 20 year vet, expect to be treated like an idiot when you mess up... That's just the way things are.

I don't think JM was a victim of any "slug cancer," I think she was the victim of her own misgivings about herself. She felt that she deserved things (like a position on SRT, for example) after a VERY short time on the road. Instead of learning from mistakes and becoming a better cop, she decided to complain to people about what she viewed as discrimination against her. That was her downfall, I believe. But that was then, and hopefully she's learned from it and will move on.

Hopefully JM will get (read: earn) more respect at PP than she did at Davie. She's not a bad kid, nor a bad cop. She has a lot of potential, but has a lot to learn. Hopefully she's made her mistakes and learned from them and will move on to a "clean slate" at pines. For the Davie guys that keep bashing her, you're awfully juvenile. Grow up.

04-17-2007, 12:22 PM
:evil: ARRRRRRR!!!!

THIS HERE' BE A POST ABOUT HOW FLOTSSAMED UP THA' PINES IS!

NERERMIND THIS HERE DAVIE STUFF!

SO SPEAKS THE PIRATE!

ARRRR!

:evil:

04-17-2007, 01:48 PM
Hey Adrift,
Exactly what "crisis" are you talking about?!!! We have the best pay, benefits, and working conditions around. Are you just deluded by your own BS? That is a common sickness among cops who can't get themselves to do anything at work, so they just become expert complainers. You are well on your way. Cheers!

04-17-2007, 09:27 PM
To the Davie post ref JM

As one of her past supervisors, I can tell you she is/was a victim of Davie cancer. Just wanted to know how she was doing. My last post. Seems like PP has some of the same cancer.(1% of the PD cancer 99% Great people that is most PDs) Goodnite :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

04-18-2007, 03:51 AM
Ok, Adrift. I tried to "eph" myself and I was unsuccesful. Maybe you can show me how. After all, you are doing QUITE a good job of ephing yourself right here on this message board. Tell me- have you ever worked at another Department? There is NO WAY. I have only worked here but the people we work with who have come from other depts all say the same thing. In your post you talk about a "crisis" and leadership. Then you mention working conditions in your last post. take a look around, buddy. We have the best working conditions of any police deprtment around us. nice building, take homes, work outs on duty, lots of cops, great cars, issued guns and leather, great restaruants, laptops w ticket printers, always a back-up around, clear rules in the General order book, rarely does anybody get in trouble, A strong union, 3% for almost everyone in the whole darn Department except me, (and I'm not complaining). There is a fair test to be proemoted, most of the bosses are decent guys and girls. I do what I am supposed to do, earn my very awesome benefits and no one EVER bothers me, and trust me, I am NO ball of fire or gods gift to police work.

you are nutz and if you think putting this out there somehow helps whatever problem you think is there, you are totally wrong. Hiding behind a screen name and doing the same thing in public that you do at work when you are sitting behind Publix as an excuse not to work hurts us all. We need people and if any of those people out there beleived your nonsense, they just might go somewhere where the people who got treated great don't put their little personal issues on the internet for the whole world to see. Stop being a little B!@@h and go tell the people who you think make this place so bad why you think that it is. You won't because you are a wuss. You will just keep going on this web sight where no one can see that you are really a do nothing whiner. If they knew who was posting, they wouldn't even READ your post.

People like you are always taking and never giving back. Take a look in the mirror.

YOU ARE A CANCER.

04-18-2007, 10:10 AM
I THINK IT'S PRETTY EASY TO TELL WHO "PINESGUY IS"

04-18-2007, 11:49 AM
Good post PINESGUY.

Some people will never be happy.

04-18-2007, 01:28 PM
another complaint from adrift and he wont say whats good uhmmm maybe hes the problem good job pines guy

04-18-2007, 03:32 PM
Go to seminole, they just had some changes. Some pines officers retired and went there. I think with the changes seminole is ok.

Rockin' n' Glockin'
04-18-2007, 09:51 PM
I didn't know yu were so computer savvy 8KAMO...and multi-talented too. Pinching a loaf and bloggin, U da man!

04-18-2007, 11:14 PM
Rockin' n Glockin' 8KAMO?

04-19-2007, 05:25 AM
I thought after the changes at seminole it is a good place to work. I know they are hiring. Is the morale there good?

04-19-2007, 12:44 PM
you can make alot of cash but you gotta arrest cops good luck