PDA

View Full Version : Stop the Appeals and Move On!!

03-06-2007, 04:46 PM
Whether or not we agree on the DCA's decision, it is time to move on. There are only a few who post on the other message board and that is probably because you have to identify yourself to voice your opinion. I'm pretty sure many of us would like the appeals to stop and move on and get the 13th check, but they won't post their opinion because it can't be anonymous. There is a meeting scheduled to "vote" on whether or not to continue the appeal process, but many of us who oppose it either cannot attend, or are hesitant to attend and voice an opinion in person for fear of the ridicule they will receive. This is obvious by the responses to anonymous postings on this website by those who oppose another appeal. There should be a way for everyone who opposes another appeal to start a petition and post it as a unified group so it isn't one person getting responses from the disgruntled few. If it is any indication that everyone I know and speak to is against it, then I would think it is a good representation that this is how the majority feels, but are hesitant to say so. How can we, who oppose the continuation of the appeals, do something to stop the process and move on?? There are many who need their checks more than I do, but don't want to be the subject of ridicule.

03-06-2007, 05:14 PM
Can someone post the website for the retired officers. I would like to take a look at it.

03-06-2007, 05:42 PM
www.tamparetiree.com (http://www.tamparetiree.com)

Anonymous posting allow some people to voice their honest opinion, but more often encourages “cheap-shots”. I’m not a member of the Retiree’s Board, but I’ve attended most of the General Meetings. I’ve heard both the pro and con of the debate to move forward with the Dec. Action. I will not be able to attend the next meeting, but have already voiced my opinion to President Vincent, via e-mail.

If you can’t attend, take time to write one of the Board members and tell them how you feel. Their e-mails are on the web-site. “Cheap-shots” are not constructive and even cause a distraction from the importance of the real issues you’re talking about.

If you want to discuss or debate the issues on the Retiree’s message board, then use your real name and take the heat. I know some of the people posting on the Retiree’s board have taken “cheap-shots” and at the same time they’ve taken the “heat” for it.

I don’t speak for the Retiree’s or the City or Pension Board anymore than anonymous poster would speak for a group of “anti-Dec.Action” people. If you want your voice’s heard, then come to the meetings or E-mail the Board. Setting back and making anonymous complaints hold little credibility.

Jerry Wotherspoon - Retiree

03-06-2007, 06:30 PM
Why should we come to your meetings when we are not members of your group and have no wish to be.

I still what to know what right your group has to make decision for all retirees when most of us did not ask you to, you certainly do not speak for the majority. Just a small group that has cost all of us alot of money.

03-06-2007, 06:51 PM
Can someone post the website for the retired officers. I would like to take a look at it.

The website is tamparetiree.com

03-06-2007, 06:52 PM
Here is another thought. The retirees assc. is having a meeting to decide where they go next , meaning if they file another appeal or not.

This meeting has not been made public, it is only for the assc. members. Once again it is plain that they do not care what the majority of retirees what. If they did they would ask us all what we think instead of this small group. I have never been asked by them what I want.

I am tried of them making all these decisions that affect me. I also think we should file suit against them for claiming to speak on behave of us all when they do not. Please refer to yourselfs as the "minority of retirees assc. "

03-06-2007, 07:01 PM
www.tamparetiree.com

Anonymous posting allow some people to voice their honest opinion, but more often encourages “cheap-shots”. I’m not a member of the Retiree’s Board, but I’ve attended most of the General Meetings. I’ve heard both the pro and con of the debate to move forward with the Dec. Action. I will not be able to attend the next meeting, but have already voiced my opinion to President Vincent, via e-mail.

If you can’t attend, take time to write one of the Board members and tell them how you feel. Their e-mails are on the web-site. “Cheap-shots” are not constructive and even cause a distraction from the importance of the real issues you’re talking about.

If you want to discuss or debate the issues on the Retiree’s message board, then use your real name and take the heat. I know some of the people posting on the Retiree’s board have taken “cheap-shots” and at the same time they’ve taken the “heat” for it.

I don’t speak for the Retiree’s or the City or Pension Board anymore than anonymous poster would speak for a group of “anti-Dec.Action” people. If you want your voice’s heard, then come to the meetings or E-mail the Board. Setting back and making anonymous complaints hold little credibility.

Jerry Wotherspoon - Retiree

I am not a member of either group, but I am a retiree who wants the "fight" to stop. I spent many years being a proud cop, but I am ashamed of how many of my peers have turned what what supposed to be defending our contract into name-calling or cheap shots. I won't post on the retiree website because I had enough of one poster's arrogance while I was active without having him respond with his Latin jibberish (or whatever it is) to any honest opinion I may give. My opinion is just that, my feelings, which should be allowed without ridicule from anyone else.

03-06-2007, 07:41 PM
I am confused about what the retirees think can be appealed and to where. Without any opinion, how can they challenge the 2nd DCA ruling? Have they even talked to a lawyer about what options (if any) they have? I don't think many lawyers would advise to appeal a PCA decision since it's pretty much a losing battle to start with. Who is their attorney on the appeal?

03-06-2007, 08:19 PM
The lawyer is Fred Carrington. On their web site it says they have already paid 360,000.00 to him and the next appeal to Florida supreme court would only be 15,000.00 more. They have one member calling for the appeal. I also do not understand what this appeal would be based on since the DCA offered nothing more that to uphold the lower courts decision.

03-06-2007, 08:19 PM
They need to put some of that money they are spending on attorneys into their website. Who designed that site back in 1996 ?

They must be short on cash if they are having their lunch meetings at Golden Corral.

03-06-2007, 11:20 PM
It dosen't matter what you want, the board does what it wants to. I have sent my response to Larry, only to get a nasty reply. Furthermore, the only people voting are the ones that attend the meetings which is a very small number and these people are the ones that that are claiming to be the majority. I can not believe that they will spend another 15,000 for nothing. If I were their attorney, I would try to get as much money out this group too. Think about it. As in past posts I have stated this group will not drop their appeals no matter what. If they were really interested in what the retiree's wanted they would have sent out a letter to all retiree's asking whether to continue the appeal when they lost in court the first time. Was anyone asked, I wasn't and I bet no one else was either. To be a member and have a vote and you have to pay dues, which I will not do. I will not pay any money to fund a a lawsuit( DEC. ACTION) that was wrong in the first place. Just remember that their are 11 people being sued by the pension board to recover some of the cost of the court action so far. It is approx $115,000 and they are in no hurry to stop the appeals, because this will cause them to have to come up with the money. I could name them but, I won't.

It dosen't matter what you want, the board does what it wants to. I have sent my response to Larry, only to get a nasty reply. Furthermore, the only people voting are the ones that attend the meetings which is a very small number and these people are the ones that that are claiming to be the majority. I can not believe that they will spend another 15,000 for nothing. If I were their attorney, I would try to get as much money out this group too. Think about it. As in past posts I have stated this group will not drop their appeals no matter what. If they were really interested in what the retiree's wanted they would have sent out a letter to all retiree's asking whether to continue the appeal when they lost in court the first time. Was anyone asked, I wasn't and I bet no one else was either. To be a member and have a vote and you have to pay dues, which I will not do. I will not pay any money to fund a a lawsuit( DEC. ACTION) that was wrong in the first place. Just remember that their are 11 people being sued by the pension board to recover some of the cost of the court action so far. It is approx $115,000 and they are in no hurry to stop the appeals, because this will cause them to have to come up with the money. I could name them but, I won't.

03-06-2007, 11:38 PM
your right they should have sent out letters asking all of us what we wanted, THEY DID NOT WANT TO KNOW.

I also have told the group what I think, they told me I wasn't smart enough to really understand what they were doing and that it was for my own good. When I also refused to give monies to their cause, I was told quote " you are riding on our backs to victory ". Then they got really nasty. I also refused to join or give this group anything and I still won't.

03-07-2007, 12:36 AM
You just gotta laugh. One of their regulars thinks that because the decision came back so quickly, something doesn't smell right?! Yeah dimwit, the speed at which a panel of judges upheld the lower court should tell ya something... your "action" was a pile of @#&%!

03-14-2007, 02:00 AM
Here is another thought. The retirees assc. is having a meeting to decide where they go next , meaning if they file another appeal or not.

This meeting has not been made public, it is only for the assc. members. Once again it is plain that they do not care what the majority of retirees what. If they did they would ask us all what we think instead of this small group. I have never been asked by them what I want.

I am tried of them making all these decisions that affect me. I also think we should file suit against them for claiming to speak on behave of us all when they do not. Please refer to yourselfs as the "minority of retirees assc. "

i heard about the meeting, went to the meeting, i was not a member, was opposed to litigation from start, listened to pros and con, was handed a paper to vote, told them i was not an assc. member they said so what' i am still retired leo, and have a vote. shook hands with some old friends, avoided a few , and went about my way, voicing my opinion via vote. one hour worth while. try it may learn something. what are your statements based on?, where did you get your info?

03-14-2007, 02:10 AM
They voted to stop further appeals.

03-14-2007, 01:18 PM
Retired in NYS, you said you sent Larry a letter and got a nasty response. Put up your email to him and his response to you. If you can't do this then your full of shizitt

03-14-2007, 01:30 PM
It doesn't matter what you want, the board does what it wants to. I have sent my response to Larry, only to get a nasty reply. Furthermore, the only people voting are the ones that attend the meetings which is a very small number and these people are the ones that that are claiming to be the majority. I can not believe that they will spend another 15,000 for nothing. If I were their attorney, I would try to get as much money out this group too. Think about it. As in past posts I have stated this group will not drop their appeals no matter what. If they were really interested in what the retiree's wanted they would have sent out a letter to all retiree's asking whether to continue the appeal when they lost in court the first time. Was anyone asked, I wasn't and I bet no one else was either. To be a member and have a vote and you have to pay dues, which I will not do. I will not pay any money to fund a a lawsuit( DEC. ACTION) that was wrong in the first place. Just remember that their are 11 people being sued by the pension board to recover some of the cost of the court action so far. It is approx $115,000 and they are in no hurry to stop the appeals, because this will cause them to have to come up with the money. I could name them but, I won't.

Retired in NYS, you said you sent Larry a letter and got a nasty response. Put up your email to him and his response to you. If you can't do this then your full of shizitt. PUT UP OR SHUT UP!!! You also need to know that when Sam Sinardi departed he took the names and addresses of the retires and OUR pension board refuses to give the only recognized association to represent all the retirees therefore they only have about 750 out of the 1550 or so retirees addresses. The dues are really expensive, $24.00 per year! What year did you retiree, did you get the increase multiplier? Do you really care about those who retired ahead of you, I doubt it. Put your name on your post or do you hide behind the cloak of anonymity?

03-14-2007, 01:37 PM
You need to stop, all this is over. Instead of causing more bad feelings you should be trying to mend fences. Do you really think anyone wants to do anything for people who act like you guys. Let this GO!!!

03-14-2007, 02:02 PM
[quote="Retired in NYS":2qdddm9e]It doesn't matter what you want, the board does what it wants to. I have sent my response to Larry, only to get a nasty reply. Furthermore, the only people voting are the ones that attend the meetings which is a very small number and these people are the ones that that are claiming to be the majority. I can not believe that they will spend another 15,000 for nothing. If I were their attorney, I would try to get as much money out this group too. Think about it. As in past posts I have stated this group will not drop their appeals no matter what. If they were really interested in what the retiree's wanted they would have sent out a letter to all retiree's asking whether to continue the appeal when they lost in court the first time. Was anyone asked, I wasn't and I bet no one else was either. To be a member and have a vote and you have to pay dues, which I will not do. I will not pay any money to fund a a lawsuit( DEC. ACTION) that was wrong in the first place. Just remember that their are 11 people being sued by the pension board to recover some of the cost of the court action so far. It is approx $115,000 and they are in no hurry to stop the appeals, because this will cause them to have to come up with the money. I could name them but, I won't.

Retired in NYS, you said you sent Larry a letter and got a nasty response. Put up your email to him and his response to you. If you can't do this then your full of shizitt. PUT UP OR SHUT UP!!! You also need to know that when Sam Sinardi departed he took the names and addresses of the retires and OUR pension board refuses to give the only recognized association to represent all the retirees therefore they only have about 750 out of the 1550 or so retirees addresses. The dues are really expensive, $24.00 per year! What year did you retiree, did you get the increase multiplier? Do you really care about those who retired ahead of you, I doubt it. Put your name on your post or do you hide behind the cloak of anonymity?[/quote:2qdddm9e] Look its over. I retired in 2004 and yes I got the increased multiplier. You know as well as anyone else that we all tried to get better benefits form past pension boards in the 80's and 90's for the retiree's but, the pension board did not want to do anything about it, claiming that if we changed the pension the city would steal the money out of the pension for their own use. I for one would like to see better benefits for the older retiree but going to court claiming that the pension board was looting the pension was the wrong way to go about it. Yes your group had the right to go to court to get clarification. I will not post my real name because, of the name calling. Which you proved me correct. I have since spoken to Larry and cleared things up. I did not hear to many actives from the past caring for about the retiree's at the time, including the writers of DEC action.

03-14-2007, 02:38 PM
I will call Larry to see if you did what you said before I post anything else about this

03-14-2007, 04:44 PM
Why don't you mind your own business. QUIT WHINNING!!!!

03-14-2007, 05:01 PM
MR Dawson you just can't let things go, can you? ITS OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!DONE, FINISHED. This is why no one will post on the retiree's web site, because of people like you.

03-14-2007, 09:54 PM
Stercus sui generis

03-14-2007, 11:44 PM
Stercus sui generis

Mike....what's funny is I can see you googling "Latin phrases for let it stand". Why do you think it makes you appear smart or clever to quote Latin. Are we to think you're educated ?