PDA

View Full Version : police reports?

03-06-2007, 04:00 PM
How long are police reports, that are not criminal in nature, kept on file?

fldeputy
03-06-2007, 04:54 PM
Once they are in the system, indefinately

03-06-2007, 05:43 PM
This particular report is from around 1995.

03-06-2007, 07:48 PM
Just in case indefinately it too long of a word for you it means = forever

03-06-2007, 08:25 PM
Thank you for clearing up the meaning of indefinately. So you're saying I get get a non criminal police report from let's say, 1982? At what point, circa de, did agencies switch from paper copies to computerized. I tried to get a report from 1991 from a small agency in Pinellas County and was told that they didn't have that record any longer.

03-06-2007, 09:11 PM
If your looking for a report from pinellas why are you asking pasco. Im sure they have it but probably on micro fiche (not sure if it's spelled correctly but you get the jist).

03-06-2007, 09:34 PM
I've got my app in with you guys. Actually I just took did my psych exam. I got in trouble as a juvie in Tarpon and was asked to get a police report. They didn't have it so I got a letter from the department saying they had no record. When I lived in Tallahassee my ex girlfriend threw a softball at my face and broke my nose. The Tallahassee police came out and did a report. I completely forgot about it, mostly out of pure embarrassment. I don't want anything dq'ing me now. If I did my psych already I can only assume that my background check is done.

03-06-2007, 09:40 PM
....didn't want her to get in trouble so I "was standing to close to the door when she slammed it in my face, it was an accident."

fldeputy
03-06-2007, 09:57 PM
if it was an accident, why was TPD even called?...no victim=no crime....

In answer to your question though, it is the investigators job to locate police reports...if they exist. If you disclosed truthful information on your application, and they conducted the investigation, they would have been told by TPD or whatever agency it was that the record didn't exist. It isn't your job to provide a police report, that's why they have Human Resources investigators in the first place. Anyhow, good luck with the process...

03-07-2007, 01:51 AM
A female roomate called TPD, when they got there I had a towel soaked with blood on my face. I, being a love struck fool, said it was an accident. A report was done, no charges were filed, and we went on to make each other miserable for awhile longer. This was in 1995.

fldeputy
03-07-2007, 02:09 AM
Again,.....no victim=no crime

03-07-2007, 11:39 AM
thank you fldeputy.

03-08-2007, 01:23 PM
To all:

Just because your screen name might be "fldeputy" or "Pascodep", or whatever else, it doesn't mean you're a Pasco deputy. Regardless of what you see on here, most of Pasco's deputies are intelligent people.

Specifically to you, fldeputy: Apparently, "indefinately" is too long of a word for you!! You can't get through the end of typing it before you spell it wrong. On more than one occasion!!

Indefinately = WRONG

Indefinitely = RIGHT

You're welcome for the free education. Pay attention this time around.

03-08-2007, 01:48 PM
Gee, thanks for the spelling correction tough guy. Is that the most witty thing you can come up with?

fldeputy
03-09-2007, 01:31 PM
Thanks, professor

fldeputy
03-11-2007, 06:14 PM
By the way, "no name" doesn't lend itself to being affiliated with Pasco County either. I SINCERELY APOLOGIZE IF I'VE MISPELLED ANYTHING IN THIS OR ANY FUTURE POST. Don't want to offend anyone.