PDA

View Full Version : Take Home Cars

03-05-2007, 01:10 AM
Does JSO offer take home cars?

03-06-2007, 01:25 AM
Only if you live on Duval County. Everyone else must leave them at the county line.

03-06-2007, 02:11 AM
Only if you live on Duval County. Everyone else must leave them at the county line.

How is the agency overall? That sucks about the car situation, did you guys switch to Chevy?

03-07-2007, 02:10 PM
I no longer live and work in the area so I can't say on the type of cars they have.

When I lived there I worked for one of the smaller agencies in the county. Most JSO officers are good people but sometimes their arrogance gets the better of them.

Since they do all of their training in house and they are the primary law enforcement for the county, they forget that there is a better way to do things. Long story short, they don't like to play well with others. I'm sure that as outside officers come into the department it will improve. Let's hope.

03-23-2007, 02:27 AM
You can take your car home up to 10 miles outside the county but only use it for personal use inside the county. The cars mostly are 2006/07 chevy impalas unless your a DUI unit. Another three hundred were just ordered. Hope that helps

03-23-2007, 03:38 PM
You can take your car home up to 10 miles outside the county but only use it for personal use inside the county. The cars mostly are 2006/07 chevy impalas unless your a DUI unit. Another three hundred were just ordered. Hope that helps

Thanks for the info. How do you like your Sheriff?

04-07-2007, 03:41 AM
We're stuck with him for another four years. Out of the three that ran, he's the lesser of the three evils..

04-08-2007, 04:53 PM
We're stuck with him for another four years. Out of the three that ran, he's the lesser of the three evils..

That sucks. I was hoping he would make some changes suck as changing your cars for one. Why don't you like him?

07-01-2007, 06:45 AM

What car do they first issue out of FTO? How long until you get a brand new car? Also what kind of computers is JSO using now? Any info helps. Thanks

07-09-2007, 12:13 AM

What car do they first issue out of FTO? How long until you get a brand new car? Also what kind of computers is JSO using now? Any info helps. Thanks

They will issue you a CVPI when you first get out of FTO. The wait for the car depends on years of service. We are using Dell Laptops, which suck.

07-09-2007, 01:38 PM

They will issue you a CVPI when you first get out of FTO. The wait for the car depends on years of service. We are using Dell Laptops, which suck.

Your computers seem to have nice operating software? Are they planning an upgrade? Thanks for the info

08-01-2007, 03:33 PM

I heard your cars are changing this year? Any truth to this?

08-24-2007, 07:00 AM
Anyone advise what a CVPI is?

08-24-2007, 02:03 PM
Anyone advise what a CVPI is?

How about "Crown Victoria Police Intercepter"?

09-20-2007, 01:24 AM
Dells suck? God, what are you people using thats so fantastic. Hialeah just got Dells, and man they're far superior to the Texas Instruments Tandys we had since 1985.
I'm almost the f@ck out of south Florida. Its really bad down here. Bad pay, and man oh man what a cost of living. I've been thinking about moving north and always liked Jacksonville, but I dont know the area. Any suggestions?

09-23-2007, 03:03 AM
Dells suck? God, what are you people using thats so fantastic. Hialeah just got Dells, and man they're far superior to the Texas Instruments Tandys we had since 1985.
I'm almost the f@ck out of south Florida. Its really bad down here. Bad pay, and man oh man what a cost of living. I've been thinking about moving north and always liked Jacksonville, but I dont know the area. Any suggestions?

JSO is a great place

11-07-2007, 03:40 AM
What is a deputy getting payed after about 5 years (take home), what about details. I know your in the FRS, do all details and over time go into that. Also do you pay anything for your take home.

11-08-2007, 05:26 AM
JSO is not in the FRS. They are in a city pension and no detail money goes directly to the officer. The company or person requesting the detail is responsible for paying the city for the use of the officers car/uniform.

11-08-2007, 05:29 AM
In reference to pay after 5yrs, you jump up to around 50,000 a year. You may live up to five mile outside the city/county and you pay nothing for the car however if you live outside the county, you must drive into the county to use it for personal use.

11-08-2007, 01:29 PM
JSO is not in the FRS. They are in a city pension and no detail money goes directly to the officer. The company or person requesting the detail is responsible for paying the city for the use of the officers car/uniform.

I heard the City pension is good, same as FRS. I also heard speculation of JSO moving to an FRS. Any truth to this?

11-09-2007, 09:26 AM
I'm the one how asked about the pay and FRS. Thanks for the replies. I have to say that 50K a year after 5 yrs sounds pretty low. But then again I live and work in S. FL where we pay way to much to live. Also how much do you contribute to your pension and when are you vested. Stay safe.

02-02-2008, 01:12 PM
Yeah Mandarin,Julington Creek areas are the best part for a family. These are areas as you are going south towards St. Johns County line. If you look on a map. Youll see them off I-95 and Sr 13.

nflboy71
02-04-2008, 03:00 PM
If you have so many years of experience as a LEO in Florida, does JSO pay you for your experience or do you start out at the bottom?

Also, does JSO allow you to live and have your take home car in Nassau County?

02-08-2008, 06:37 AM
Man, I was a reserve in Jax for a couple of years, I was valedictorian of my class and had a BA... this was when there were no paid classes.. toward the end of the academy, they got us all together and only gave women and minorities applications.. all the white guys got interest cards. What a smack in the face!!! I said screw that and hauled butt down to south florida. I still love the JSO and will always be one at heart, but Im glad you finally got rid of that POS Glover! Is Officer Votour still teaching in the academy?? I can't tell you how many times he kicked my a$$! Believe me.. after seeing what they have down here... u guys get some of the best training in the academy.. always glad I got certified in Jax! Be Safe.

02-17-2008, 11:09 PM
50 thousand base pay after 5 years is high compared to state LEO pay

MIAMI 826
02-18-2008, 01:31 AM

I am surprised you guys keep ordering Impalas.Aren't they in the shop for repairs much more often.Allot of departments who ordered the Impalas in the past went back to the CVPI.

02-22-2008, 03:48 AM
JSO doesnt care where your from or years of experience, otherwise know to extra pay and yes you can live 5 miles outsite the county and take your car home.

11-12-2009, 06:28 AM
50,000 afer 5 years would almost double my pay here in Escambia and I have been here for 8 years. We work with a bunch of "Good Ole Boys" that want you to kiss their @ss and the everyone here hates everyone else...We have no loyalty here and a bunch of ignorant SOB's. But we do have take home cars.

11-26-2009, 07:25 PM
Go to any large department in most area of America and you see a huge preference given to women and minorities. My first partner at a large agency was a female who didn't have a clue, she had no interest in the job at all, lazy, officer safety was horrible. I complied once to my sgt. about the officer safety and was called a sexist pig.
Finding a good place to work is rare these days. I work for a medium sized agency just north of Atlanta. 72,500 base pay after 7 years, take home car, good benefits, and most of all a good administration that allows you to bust asses.

01-16-2010, 06:34 PM
Is this still why most large departments in America are still at least 70% white male dominated. Come on guys stop the crying.

01-19-2010, 04:06 AM
I work for a medium sized agency just north of Atlanta. 72,500 base pay after 7 years, take home car, good benefits, and most of all a good administration that allows you to bust asses.

I too work in the Atlanta Metro area, and have yet to find an agency where a Police Officer makes 72,000 a year base pay. Perhaps if you are a Sergeant or Lieutenant, but not as a PO. Please enlighten us on this Xanadau

01-19-2010, 10:14 PM
MIAMI BEACH P.D.

01-24-2010, 02:25 AM
Miami Beach PD is not exactly the Atlanta metro area

01-26-2010, 04:07 PM
Yeah unless you come to central or south Florida its not going to happen in North Florida good Luck un less your working yourself in Off duty or OT

try Tampa,Sarasota, Miami, Key West ,Naples and Ft. Lauderdale