PDA

View Full Version : AIR CONDOTIONER SCAM

03-03-2007, 03:05 PM
My parents who are elderly live in Hudson and have been living in there home for 5 yrs. There Air Conditioner which is a CARRIER BRAND broke down on them. They had an air conditioner company come to their home and basically talked them into buying new system. When I heard about this I was totally appalled. I went to Hudson and looked at the system and not having any expertise in air conditioning, could tell it was probably a minor problem. The bad news is the systems warranty did expire after 5 yrs. There is got to be some way to fix the thing without paying $6,600 dollars for a whole new system. Any help or answers would be greatly appreciated, god bless. Fellow brother

meldog
03-03-2007, 03:52 PM
Let me start off by saying I DO NOT WORK FOR THEM.. I used them and they were fair, honest and the price was right. In fact, the customer service was better than I could have hoped for.

Please call Acree Air Conditioning. I believe they will discount public service employees.

03-03-2007, 04:19 PM
SO YOU DON'T HAVE ANY EXPERIENCE IN A.C., BUT JUST BY LOOKING AT IT YOU COULD TEEL THAT IT WAS ONLY A MINOR PROBLEM.
SO WHY DIDN'T YOU CALL ANOTHER A.C. COMPANY TO LOOK AT THE SYSTEM AND GET ANOTHER OPINION. IF IT COULD BE FIXED INSTEAD
OF BEING REPLACED MOST A.C. COMPANIES WILL OFFER A SEASONAL MAINTAINCE PROGRAM FOR AN AFFORDABLE PRICE. ORIF YOU KNOW
ANY OF THE GUYS OVER AT fACILITIES BARN ON OSTEEN RD. MOST OF THE A/C TECHS, PLUMBERS AND ELECTRICIANS COULD ALWAYS USE A
EXTRA BUCKS DOING SIDEWORK

03-04-2007, 01:16 AM
This is not the place for this discussion. Please contact Consumer Affairs for assistance.

03-04-2007, 01:36 PM
just so all the road family knows....County Maint boys do alot of side work very cheaply and their work is good. They will not rip you off and understand how hard we work for our money.

03-05-2007, 05:39 AM
just so all the road family knows....County Maint boys do alot of side work very cheaply and their work is good. They will not rip you off and understand how hard we work for our money.

Yes they do. They will take great care of us too.