PDA

View Full Version : NO TO BSO!

avt12882
03-02-2007, 09:20 PM
I HAVE GOTTEN INTO CONVERSATIONS WITH SEVERAL SENIOR OFFICERS THAT WANT TO SEE US GO TO BSO. I PERSONALLY APPLIED TO DAVIE AND NEVER WANT TO SEE US SWITCH OVER. IF GUYS WANT TO SWITCH WHY DON'T THEY DO THIER 20 AND THEN APPLY TO BSO. IM SURE THERE IS 98% OF THIS DEPT THAT NEVER WANTS TO SEE US GO GREEN AND WHITE. I WOULD LIKE TO HEAR OTHER GUYS OPTION'S ON THIS.
PS- IM GOING TO GET A GOOD PENSION FROM NY NO MATTER WHAT I DO BUT I STILL WOULD NEVER WORK FOR BSO :twisted: .

03-03-2007, 12:00 AM
There are things about BSO that are good and things that are bad.

Good - several different units to put in for. 100 people may put in 30 positions as opposed to 14 people putting in for one position.

Bad - It's not even run by a cop.

Good - Units that actually target crime areas ( yankee units ) opposed to " There will never be a street crimes unit as long as I'm here. " Look what happened in Imagination Farms. No one was ever caught.

Bad - work 5 days a week

Good - When your assigned vehicle is being repaired you take a pool car home.

Bad - 25 years until you can collect a full retirement of 70%.

I'm drawing a blank right now. I can't think of anymore. But I'm with you AVT. I applied for Davie and not BSO for a reason. I say NO TO BSO.

I really don't think Davie will be going to BSO in the near future. Just don't see it happening.

03-03-2007, 02:23 AM
MAKE THAT 99.9% that would stay and only .01% that would go. So Go.....

03-04-2007, 01:35 PM
the senior leos want bso so they can continue to hide and collect a check. some of them also have some time in the state plan so it adds to their pension if its so great why did they come here?

09-15-2007, 11:34 PM
Goldberg has been working behind the scenes with Davie councilman Brian Calaka in an effort to oust John George. The two of them have been frequenting Lums and Shoney's over the past two weeks.

Goldberg has hatched a plan to bring Davie into the BSO fold as two separate districts under sheriff Lamberti. Althought the citizens of Davie would be required to vote for the change, Goldberg is devising a plan of more for less.

Most of you are unaware that Goldberg and Lamberti are friends. Now that Lamberti is in as sheriff, Goldberg is working his way back by devising contract takeovers now that Jenne is no longer a detriment.

09-16-2007, 05:23 AM
Goldberg has been working behind the scenes with Davie councilman Brian Calaka in an effort to oust John George. The two of them have been frequenting Lums and Shoney's over the past two weeks.

Goldberg has hatched a plan to bring Davie into the BSO fold as two separate districts under sheriff Lamberti. Althought the citizens of Davie would be required to vote for the change, Goldberg is devising a plan of more for less.

Most of you are unaware that Goldberg and Lamberti are friends. Now that Lamberti is in as sheriff, Goldberg is working his way back by devising contract takeovers now that Jenne is no longer a detriment.

So...... Why dont you tell us what is going on with our contract, insider? Rumor has it our Exc. Board walked out of neg. last week. Any truth to that insider?

09-16-2007, 03:29 PM

heard(rumor) that a 3-3-3 offer was made.. Unk, can anyone offer more info?

So...... Why dont you tell us what is going on with our contract, insider? Rumor has it our Exc. Board walked out of neg. last week. Any truth to that insider?

09-16-2007, 03:32 PM

The smart people in this department have decided that this web site is not the place to discuss Union business...especially the contract. Attend the meeting this week, you'll find out everything.

09-18-2007, 01:23 AM
What do you all think of the new show K*Ville? It is based in New Orleans with lots of authentic scenes.

Prison Break tonight was okay. Schofields tattoo is not going to help him in that Panama prison.

Go for it Goldberg! Help the BSO take over the Davie Police Department.

09-18-2007, 05:15 PM
Talk to some of the guys from Cooper City about working for BSO. Even with Lamberti they still don't recommend it.

09-18-2007, 06:30 PM
Talk to some of the guys from Cooper City about working for BSO. Even with Lamberti they still don't recommend it.

You're an idiot. Lamberti just took over. Give him some time. Yea things are still messed up, however in a year or so BSO will be unstoppable. I worked with Lamberti prior to the merger and he's a great person and a real cops cop. You guys at Davie could only wish to have a leader like him. Stop bashing other agencies. If you haven't noticed we are being attacked more and more and yet morons like you still disprect other officers. No wonder Florida is so messed up, we hate eachother more than criminals hate us. Just look at West Palm Beach last night, 3 gang bangers got out of the car and took shots with a shotgun and rife at the officer. Change your attitude punk it just may be a BSO Deputy that saves your life one day.

09-18-2007, 06:34 PM

You're an idiot. Lamberti just took over. Give him some time. Yea things are still messed up, however in a year or so BSO will be unstoppable. I worked with Lamberti prior to the merger and he's a great person and a real cops cop. You guys at Davie could only wish to have a leader like him. Stop bashing other agencies. If you haven't noticed we are being attacked more and more and yet morons like you still disprect other officers. No wonder Florida is so messed up, we hate eachother more than criminals hate us. Just look at West Palm Beach last night, 3 gang bangers got out of the car and took shots with a shotgun and rife at the officer. Change your attitude punk it just may be a BSO Deputy that saves your life one day.

You have a great way of trying to unify people.

09-18-2007, 11:30 PM
The Cooper City cops were in such a rush to go green and now that they have seen that the pasture at BSO is not greener than what they had before, they want to rebel. Oh well, so sorry.

09-19-2007, 02:26 AM
The Cooper City cops were in such a rush to go green and now that they have seen that the pasture at BSO is not greener than what they had before, they want to rebel. Oh well, so sorry.

Don't speak about things you have no clue on. I worked for Cooper city and now BSO and I would never want to be a city turd again. Davie is a joke with an admin that doesn't care. Stop basing us. You people are pathetic. BSO is not up to standards right now, but gives the Sheriff some time. you'll see.

09-19-2007, 02:26 AM

Someone has to tell it like it is

You have a great way of trying to unify people.

09-19-2007, 04:01 PM
For someone, who shares a channel with three other BSO districts and backed up all three districts on several catastrophes, I would never want to work for them. They are a mess on the radio and a mess on scenes. Not to mention the fact that you guys are all dangerously under-staffed. Your shift minimums are horrifying. I?ve even heard a particular district 8 delta unit clear 94s, many times (before anyone has even arrived on scene. Yeah, that?s an agency I?d love to work for.

Here?s just another example of the catastrophe, which has become the legacy of BSO:

?16 Echo2: I?m 97 on the crash. I need rescue code three! Dispatch: 10-4 rescue is en-route. 16 Echo2: I need rescue code three! Dispatch: Rescue is 48 and already en-route code three. 16 Echo2: I need rescue code three! Dispatch: (Alert tone), Echo2, look behind you? rescue is already 97!

We'll stay Davie Blue. You guys keep ignoring your radio and getting alert-toned, which gives the Davie guys a headache by the way.

Above all else, everyone stay safe and go home to your families. No matter where you work, we will always come together to back each other up in times of need (as the way it?s always been).

God bless.

09-19-2007, 07:27 PM
For someone, who shares a channel with three other BSO districts and backed up all three districts on several catastrophes, I would never want to work for them. They are a mess on the radio and a mess on scenes. Not to mention the fact that you guys are all dangerously under-staffed. Your shift minimums are horrifying. I?ve even heard a particular district 8 delta unit clear 94s, many times (before anyone has even arrived on scene. Yeah, that?s an agency I?d love to work for.

Here?s just another example of the catastrophe, which has become the legacy of BSO:

?16 Echo2: I?m 97 on the crash. I need rescue code three! Dispatch: 10-4 rescue is en-route. 16 Echo2: I need rescue code three! Dispatch: Rescue is 48 and already en-route code three. 16 Echo2: I need rescue code three! Dispatch: (Alert tone), Echo2, look behind you? rescue is already 97!

We'll stay Davie Blue. You guys keep ignoring your radio and getting alert-toned, which gives the Davie guys a headache by the way.

Above all else, everyone stay safe and go home to your families. No matter where you work, we will always come together to back each other up in times of need (as the way it?s always been).

God bless.

Yet another scum bag cop disrespecting others. BSO has plenty of great Deputies. You think Davie doesn't have their fair share of retards. Just look at the poster above. The idiot is trying to copy NYPD BLUE by saying we'll stay Davie Blue. Guess what genius, it's not up to you or your other rude colleagues. Your admin is a joke and apparently so are Davie cops. 7 Police Officers shot in less than 2 months yet you have the balls to come on and still throw stones. You are a pathetic puke and I only hope your sorry life doesn't depend on other LEOs. You have some nerve saying God Bless when you come on here and blast other cops.

09-19-2007, 09:00 PM

God bless.

Yet another scum bag cop disrespecting others. BSO has plenty of great Deputies. You think Davie doesn't have their fair share of retards. Just look at the poster above. The idiot is trying to copy NYPD BLUE by saying we'll stay Davie Blue. Guess what genius, it's not up to you or your other rude colleagues. Your admin is a joke and apparently so are Davie cops. 7 Police Officers shot in less than 2 months yet you have the balls to come on and still throw stones. You are a pathetic puke and I only hope your sorry life doesn't depend on other LEOs. You have some nerve saying God Bless when you come on here and blast other cops.

Hey, man. Do us all a favor and...

A) Get a hobby
B) Get off our site
C) Look in the mirror
D) Go pleasure yourself on your beautiful white shirts
E) Get lost

You're a punk that we probably passed over because of your criminal background or some other short coming.

09-19-2007, 09:52 PM
Hey "Guest" whoever you are, last time I checked this was Davie's board. You are obviously a very bitter moron. I don't blame you. I'd be bitter too if I had to work for BSO because no one else would hire me.

With that said...

1. I never once referred to any cops getting shot, and you are a complete scumbag for even bringing that up to further your personal agenda. We ALL mourn fallen brothers when they are killed. You completely missed the point of my post. Maybe you should have read my last paragraph that referred to ALL LEOS, not just Davie.

2. "Davie Blue" refers to the color of our uniforms. I've never once scene an episode of NYPD Blue. Sounds like someone needs to get out of TV land and come back to reality.

3. You are right about one thing. It's not up to me or the cops as to what agency provides Davie with police service. I do know one thing though, it's up to the Davie voters as to who provides police service. Unlike other cities, who've been taken over by BSO with only the city council's vote, the Davie Town charter puts that decision up to the residents of Davie. Guess who the largest population of voters is: Pine Island Ridge and United Ranches.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but they couldn't get rid of BSO fast enough. Good luck getting them to vote to contract BSO with the lack of service they received from you for years.

I'm done. Do us all a favor and go back to the BSO board where you belong. You won't catch me on there. I've got better things to do with my time.

God bless.

09-19-2007, 10:30 PM

God bless.

As a Davie OFC. is upsets me to read the above post by someone posing as a Davie Ofc. Yes, our surrounding agencies have their tard moments and so do we. Look at our LT on midnights. Look at our toupe?d friend on dayshift, and don't forget our driving with the windows down comb over veteran.

BSO has come through on more then one occassion when we needed them. I can attest to that.

To any BSO deps reading this. We do not think like this person. WE are all we have out here and I want to keep it that way.

09-20-2007, 12:13 AM
[quote="Barny Miller":249co65k]For someone, who shares a channel with three other BSO districts and backed up all three districts on several catastrophes, I would never want to work for them. They are a mess on the radio and a mess on scenes. Not to mention the fact that you guys are all dangerously under-staffed. Your shift minimums are horrifying. I?ve even heard a particular district 8 delta unit clear 94s, many times (before anyone has even arrived on scene. Yeah, that?s an agency I?d love to work for.

God bless.

As a Davie OFC. is upsets me to read the above post by someone posing as a Davie Ofc. Yes, our surrounding agencies have their tard moments and so do we. Look at our LT on midnights. Look at our toupe?d friend on dayshift, and don't forget our driving with the windows down comb over veteran.

BSO has come through on more then one occassion when we needed them. I can attest to that.

To any BSO deps reading this. We do not think like this person. WE are all we have out here and I want to keep it that way.
[/quote:249co65k]

I was going to comment to the above idiots again, however after reading this post I'm glad you calmed me down. Barney Miller and the other clown represent this agency horribly. All agencies have their ups and downs. I don't work for BSO, but I live in Deerfield and BSO is there faster than Deerfield PD ever was when I call them. Jenne ruined BSO and they will come back and be a real power house with their boss. They could take Davie over and provide better service with the man in charge now. I agree he has more things to worry about than mergers. There are a lot of good cops who work for BSO and died for us. Jenne hired scum to work for BSO. Many good people were turned down. They will get with the change in times and watch out when they do. Cops like Barney miller need to be striped of their badge and apply for wackenhut.

Also Davie Blue is not a color of a uniform. It's simply blue and LAPD started the trend. Do some research.

09-20-2007, 05:06 AM
So, if you live in Deerfield and you don't work for Davie, why are you posting on the Davie board? Better yet, why are you cramming BSO down our throats. What personal gain is in it for you?

None of us applied to BSO because none of us want to work there. And apparently, neither do your own deputies. We?ve got a few of yours processing with us right now. Not to mention the five a day that you?re currently losing to other local agencies. Do the research.

I actually have several friends who work for BSO. And YES, they are very good cops. That is irrelevant. The point is, this is a Davie board and it's not your place to come here with your disrespectful sales pitch ? as what sparked my original post. It?s no different than coming into our house and pi$$ing on the walls.

I've said my peace. I'm done with this thread. Davie will be here long after I retire. Take your sales pitch elsewhere. The voters aren't interested.

FYI, "Davie Officer" made an excellent point about the three he mentioned. Maybe they?ll go to BSO when they retire (two of them will be leaving soon). Fortunately for us, the majority are on the same page.

Here it is again one last time, since you missed it the first two times:

God bless

09-22-2007, 11:00 PM
So, if you live in Deerfield and you don't work for Davie, why are you posting on the Davie board? Better yet, why are you cramming BSO down our throats. What personal gain is in it for you?

None of us applied to BSO because none of us want to work there. And apparently, neither do your own deputies. We?ve got a few of yours processing with us right now. Not to mention the five a day that you?re currently losing to other local agencies. Do the research.

I actually have several friends who work for BSO. And YES, they are very good cops. That is irrelevant. The point is, this is a Davie board and it's not your place to come here with your disrespectful sales pitch ? as what sparked my original post. It?s no different than coming into our house and pi$$ing on the walls.

I've said my peace. I'm done with this thread. Davie will be here long after I retire. Take your sales pitch elsewhere. The voters aren't interested.

FYI, "Davie Officer" made an excellent point about the three he mentioned. Maybe they?ll go to BSO when they retire (two of them will be leaving soon). Fortunately for us, the majority are on the same page.

Here it is again one last time, since you missed it the first two times:

God bless

Well genius, I have family who works for BSO. Your disrespectful comments are a true definition of what Davie has to offer. BSO is a great organization and will get better. You can think what you want, soon, with the tax roll back we may need to have a metro police agency down here. Public safety cost to cities too much and they have no problem getting rid of you. I didn't mean to disrespect any officers, however when you disrespect other agencies and their officers shows just what kind of person you are. I'm glad you enjoy living that way.

09-23-2007, 01:28 AM
which davie guy let a gun into booking ?

accept a 10-15 from a vin guy ?? failed to search ?

some are 10-8 , some ain't

the chief's little pet is back to work on bravo shift ???

09-25-2007, 02:12 AM
I have been with BSO for 21 years. I am waiting for BSO to be taken over by Davie PD. You guys have my vote :devil:

09-25-2007, 01:39 PM
Very funny BSO Deputy - that was good.... We need some humor in this thread.. Too many cops here are letting their testosterone get the better of them instead of working together.....

09-30-2007, 06:59 PM
The target date is February 1, 2008. Get ready. Don't worry, you guys aren't the only ones....

09-30-2007, 09:43 PM
The target date is February 1, 2008. Get ready. Don't worry, you guys aren't the only ones....

sure hope this is true. I would GREAT for all of us.....................

09-30-2007, 11:39 PM
That's not what Ken told me ......

10-02-2007, 12:50 AM
It's about time. I'm sick of dealing with this F**Ked up City.

10-02-2007, 04:18 AM
Then quit.

10-03-2007, 12:02 PM

It has started..

10-26-2007, 12:09 AM

God bless.

Here's an idea. If you dislike BSO so much and think our dispatching is bad, then feel free to get your own radio dispatch and break away from us, CITY KITTY!!!!!!. To compare D-16 with the rest of BSO is a joke. Oh yeah, you can't get your own dispatch because you work for a piss ant small PD that has no money. One more thing, BE SAFE!! Don't get run over by a horse. :-)

10-26-2007, 01:25 AM
Please, let's not get into this big BSO sucks our city is better stuff. We need to start unifying rather then dividing.

The dispatchers on our channel are pretty bad.

10-27-2007, 12:25 AM
Please, let's not get into this big BSO sucks our city is better stuff. We need to start unifying rather then dividing.

PS. DAVIE SWAT RULES.

10-29-2007, 12:12 AM
Uh - yeah - Davie SWAT is great - only they call themselves SRT because they have to reinvent the wheel ya know. They are led by an ex-sniper who, well, let's just say is not up to snuff!!!!

10-29-2007, 02:44 AM
[quote="Barny Miller":3fr9i6kb]For someone, who shares a channel with three other BSO districts and backed up all three districts on several catastrophes, I would never want to work for them. They are a mess on the radio and a mess on scenes. Not to mention the fact that you guys are all dangerously under-staffed. Your shift minimums are horrifying. I?ve even heard a particular district 8 delta unit clear 94s, many times (before anyone has even arrived on scene. Yeah, that?s an agency I?d love to work for.

God bless.

Here's an idea. If you dislike BSO so much and think our dispatching is bad, then feel free to get your own radio dispatch and break away from us, CITY KITTY!!!!!!. To compare D-16 with the rest of BSO is a joke. Oh yeah, you can't get your own dispatch because you work for a piss ant small PD that has no money. One more thing, BE SAFE!! Don't get run over by a horse. :-)[/quote:3fr9i6kb]

Puleeeeeeeeeeeeeease. Your "agency" has been the laughing stock of S. Fla for the past 5 years. So cut the crap. Be Safe!! And don't get run over by a corrupt detective or sheriff.

10-29-2007, 07:39 PM
hey SRT Commander,

Just because the leader is an idiot doesn't mean the team sucks. most of the currenct members had nothing to do with the name change to SRT either. This was a political move that was done way before our time because our P*SSY council doesn't want the public to know that we have a SWAT Team.

10-30-2007, 01:32 AM
hey SRT Commander,

Just because the leader is an idiot doesn't mean the team sucks. most of the currenct members had nothing to do with the name change to SRT either. This was a political move that was done way before our time because our P*SSY council doesn't want the public to know that we have a SWAT Team.

they have a good leaders Capt, Lt and 2x Sgt. SWAT or SRT who cares. Still the best part time job in town.......................

10-30-2007, 06:30 AM
The grass isnt always greener with bso just your pants are...

besides look at miami dade county PD...... alot of the cities are being incorporated and booting the county pd and starting their own
such as miami gardens, doral, miami lakes

10-30-2007, 03:41 PM
why is this still being discussed? we are not going to bso now or anytime soon if ever. please, i know you deputies that log on here are trying to stir the pot but go back to your own forum and fight with your own people.

11-03-2007, 03:00 AM
The grass isnt always greener with bso just your pants are...

besides look at miami dade county PD...... alot of the cities are being incorporated and booting the county pd and starting their own
such as miami gardens, doral, miami lakes

Get your facts straight. These cities never had their own PD and then went to the county, and then back to their own PD. They incorporated and created their own PD. There are Federal Grants for this. Cities that have their own PD and went to the Sheriff, only one in history has gone back and that was because the Sheriff gave them the money to re-form their PD. That's what you get when you have an appointed director who caters to the corrupt city and county leaders. There is way too much corruption in South Florida, and don't give me that BSO is the only one, because Hollywood seems to be right up there. Whether or not you think BSO is good or bad, a metro police force would be a lot better than the way it is now. If you have a Sheriff who was a police officer, like Palm Beach, you have a good Sheriff. And if you think for one second that these crappy city police departments are going to help quail the violence in Miami, think again. Why do you think there is so much violence in Miami-Dade? A lot of the cities that formed their own PD have seen an increase in crime in the Miami area. As for cities last year still using Miami-Dade PD, they saw a decrease in crime.
http://www.fdle.state.fl.us/FSAC/UCR/20 ... annual.pdf (http://www.fdle.state.fl.us/FSAC/UCR/2006/CoMuOff2006annual.pdf)
Also, FYI Miami Lakes isn?t forming their own PD, and has no plans of doing so. Let?s get down to the real reason why these cities are forming their own PD: Politics, and race issues. Miami Gardens wants to control the police and hire based on what they want. Just look at the recruiting photo. Miami Gardens will not be able to hang on. They are going to recruit and then when they have you locked in, you?ll realize there is no tax base. All they want is control over the police, and the worst thing to happen is allowing the city to control the police. With most Sheriff?s like Palm Beach, Martin, Jacksonville and the new Broward Sheriff, they answer to the Gov, not the county.

Majority of larger cities with their own PD in Florida have shown the largest increases in crimes this year, the worst being Orlando. So if you really think cities do a good job, think again. So far this year, Davie has seen a 30% increase in crime. So apparently things aren?t being done right there either. http://www.fdle.state.fl.us/FSAC/UCR/20 ... al_Off.pdf (http://www.fdle.state.fl.us/FSAC/UCR/2007/2007SA_County_Municipal_Off.pdf)

Crime is up and the only way we are going to address it is one county police force with an abundance of resources. Look at these boards; LEO's don't along at all. This makes me sick to see this going on. You can attempt to argue and say one police force isn't the way, however there is too much evidence to prove otherwise. Cities and counties throughout this nation are going that route. I know all you care about is yourself, but it's time to think about why we became LEO's. The way it is now isn't working, no cooperation, no respect for one another, too much bashing, and too many chiefs and not enough Indians. I have an utmost respect for all LEOs, city, county, state, Federal, so please don't think I'm attacking the city. I've been all over this nation and seen county police departments that are run like police forces where all the cops came together and combined all agencies. This helped them with their contract negotiations, crime, getting toys, and so one. But like most cops down here, they are in it for themselves. Good luck and stay safe.

11-03-2007, 11:43 AM
[quote="Barny Miller":1yiao2s2]For someone, who shares a channel with three other BSO districts and backed up all three districts on several catastrophes, I would never want to work for them. They are a mess on the radio and a mess on scenes. Not to mention the fact that you guys are all dangerously under-staffed. Your shift minimums are horrifying. I?ve even heard a particular district 8 delta unit clear 94s, many times (before anyone has even arrived on scene. Yeah, that?s an agency I?d love to work for.

God bless.

Here's an idea. If you dislike BSO so much and think our dispatching is bad, then feel free to get your own radio dispatch and break away from us, CITY KITTY!!!!!!. To compare D-16 with the rest of BSO is a joke. Oh yeah, you can't get your own dispatch because you work for a piss ant small PD that has no money. One more thing, BE SAFE!! Don't get run over by a horse. :-)

Puleeeeeeeeeeeeeease. Your "agency" has been the laughing stock of S. Fla for the past 5 years. So cut the crap. Be Safe!! And don't get run over by a corrupt detective or sheriff.[/quote:1yiao2s2]

I vote yes on the contract and YES leys go BSO give me my grn/wht

GREENHORNET
12-05-2007, 03:14 AM

PS. DAVIE SWAT RULES.

Rules What ?

12-09-2007, 06:22 AM
[quote="Barny Miller":45bo78o7]For someone, who shares a channel with three other BSO districts and backed up all three districts on several catastrophes, I would never want to work for them. They are a mess on the radio and a mess on scenes. Not to mention the fact that you guys are all dangerously under-staffed. Your shift minimums are horrifying. I?ve even heard a particular district 8 delta unit clear 94s, many times (before anyone has even arrived on scene. Yeah, that?s an agency I?d love to work for.

God bless.

[/quote:45bo78o7]I work in Weston on midnights. You Davie guys bust your A S S from start to finish. This site is all nonsense!! Some times I'm ashamed even to say hello to you guys. There is so much garbage working in BSO the Broward County Landfill couldn't house us. Stay safe and I always have your back.