PDA

View Full Version : Next City Council Meeting?

03-02-2007, 07:10 PM
When is the next city Council meeting where the PD is going to be discussed?

03-03-2007, 01:41 AM
I’m unsure when the next council meeting will be addressing any “issues”, in regards to the happenings at the Zephyrhills Police Department; however, it’s been from my conversations from prominent members of the community, which may or may not have included one or more city council members, your Chief appeared in front of them on this past Monday to be “brow-beaten” and “humble”, when he came before the City Council to explain why he chose to show a “blatant” disregard for city policy in his purchasing the tasers for the police department.

I’m under the impression that your Chief’s (who has been here in the city for at least a period of two or more years) ability to fool the council in his claim to be “foggy” about the proper purchasing issues, was the real reason why the council didn’t bring him into question about this issue. Did the council feel sorry for him? Your Chief must have a big set of “ba##s” to stand there and “bold-face lie” in front of the City Council of Zephyrhills (who represent us citizens) and the City Manager (maybe the City Manager knew about the Chief’s lie or his multiple lies already), which tells me your Chief is either brave or stupid. I’m betting on the later!!

03-03-2007, 06:19 PM
Your bet is right on! The reason he lies to the city counsil is because the city manager is right beside him and helps him. It has been brought to Steve's attention about the poor actions of the chief more than once and they have been disreguarded.

03-04-2007, 05:03 AM
SOMETHING SMELLS FISHY AT ZPD. I ALSO WANT TO KNOW WHEN THE CITY COMMISSIONERS MEET NEXT.

03-04-2007, 11:22 PM
I do appreciate Mr. Flanigan’s interest in the Zephyrhills Police Department. I, like Mr. Flanigan have concerns in regards to the way the police department is being managed. Being that the last council meeting was on February 26th, 2007, the next meeting should be two weeks after that date. I may be wrong.

Mr. Flanigan referred to something being “fishy” at the police department and I’m in agreement with him. The justification the chief made to council in his refusing to adhere to policy has been addressed, but my next question is what about the things that have not been addressed.

For example, how can someone who, in the eyes of the media, stand there in front of the council and the citizens of Zephyrhills and “trumpet” the causes for the minorities when he has referred to a person of the Hispanic race as “Manuel Labor.” I believe this was during a move and I’m sure our one Hispanic city council member was not aware of the Chief’s “faux pas”.

Thanks again Mr. Flanigan for your response and hopefully those of us can shed a little light on to the “inner workings” of , what I would like to think of as my police department.

04-29-2007, 04:49 PM
Everyone should attend the city council meeting monday night April 30th AND see what the chief has in store for the city of zephyrhills now , :twisted: he is asking for raises for the records department . be fore he goes givin rases he needs to cleanout the records department and hire somebody that will work and do her share of the work rather than give a raise in pay he needs to raise them right out the door , ""OUR tax dollars"pay for the building, the salary, even the pens & paper they use there and I thought raises were to be given on merit of a good job done. Not because Someone crys about more money is being paid to dispatch
wake up City Council members & the people of Zephyrhills need to stick togather and clean up ( clean out ) the police department before they raise our taxes again to pay these nondeserving clerks more money than they are worth. a honest day work for a honest day pay , but the records clerk has no idea what that is .she spend half a day surfing the internet, shopping on line, out back smoking , even tho it is a smoke free workplace. :?: or taking 2 off out of the 4 days she is to work , someone needs to pull their personel records and see how much they deserve a raise better yet pull their computer records and see how much work she really does . i know she don't have enough sick time or comp time to pay for all they days she is off . but yet she always gets a paycheck , makes you wonder about the records department since they also do payroll :?:
just think the people of Zephyrhills & City Council should spend some time at the Police department and see with their own eyes what is going on there . instead of taking the words of others .

I do appreciate Mr. Flanigan’s interest in the Zephyrhills Police Department. I, like Mr. Flanigan have concerns in regards to the way the police department is being managed. Being that the last council meeting was on February 26th, 2007, the next meeting should be two weeks after that date. I may be wrong.

Mr. Flanigan referred to something being “fishy” at the police department and I’m in agreement with him. The justification the chief made to council in his refusing to adhere to policy has been addressed, but my next question is what about the things that have not been addressed.

For example, how can someone who, in the eyes of the media, stand there in front of the council and the citizens of Zephyrhills and “trumpet” the causes for the minorities when he has referred to a person of the Hispanic race as “Manuel Labor.” I believe this was during a move and I’m sure our one Hispanic city council member was not aware of the Chief’s “faux pas”.

Thanks again Mr. Flanigan for your response and hopefully those of us can shed a little light on to the “inner workings” of , what I would like to think of as my police department.